What denomination would you say is the one most genuinely representing the original teaching of Chri

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Proverbs Dove

Nov 14, 2012
Hello all, Newbie here. *waves*

I was curious to begin a point of study in one particular denomination and thought to ask you all that question. Which denomination do you think or that is credited generally, as being the closest there is to the original ministry of Jesus?

Thank you for your sincere replies.
God Bless.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007

I was curious to begin a point of study in one particular denomination and thought to ask you all that question. Which denomination do you think or that is credited generally, as being the closest there is to the original ministry of Jesus?

God Bless.

I would say the Churches of God (Orig Herbert W. Armstrong). There seem to be others that have similar teachings as well. I am only using your word "closest" as nobody is free of error. Even the apostle Paul had to correct Peter who is one apostle highly regarded.

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
Which denomination do you think or that is credited generally, as being the closest there is to the original ministry of Jesus?

None.

It doesn't really matter. It's kind of like debating how many Angels can dance on the head of a pin. What matters is how effective we are at fulfilling His Great Commission.

Besides, Jesus ministered exactly the way people ministered during that era. When He taught in the Synagog He stood when reading the Scripture and sat down while teaching. He fasted and prayed in the manner prescribed by the Old Testament Law.

For us to fantasize how closely we are pantomiming what we imagine how Christ ministered is missing the point of the Gospel entirely. We aren't to imitate Jesus the way a circus performer would mimic a celebrity. We are to imitate Christ in how He lived, loved, and gave of Himself totally and completely to the mission given Him by His Father.

Proverbs Dove

Nov 14, 2012
My question wasn't asking for insight in how to mimick Jesus. But thanks .

And thank you Tim for your thoughtful reply. :)

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Which denomination do you think or that is credited generally, as being the closest there is to the original ministry of Jesus?

I agree that there is no particular Church denomination that follows the ministry that Jesus walked or is credited in general. There are many however, who would like to believe that though....

Blessings!!!

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
None.

It doesn't really matter. It's kind of like debating how many Angels can dance on the head of a pin. What matters is how effective we are at fulfilling His Great Commission.

Besides, Jesus ministered exactly the way people ministered during that era. When He taught in the Synagog He stood when reading the Scripture and sat down while teaching. He fasted and prayed in the manner prescribed by the Old Testament Law.

For us to fantasize how closely we are pantomiming what we imagine how Christ ministered is missing the point of the Gospel entirely. We aren't to imitate Jesus the way a circus performer would mimic a celebrity. We are to imitate Christ in how He lived, loved, and gave of Himself totally and completely to the mission given Him by His Father.

X2

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Good question! I kina wish it were so...i.e. that there 'was' such a denomination...( not that I believe God ever wanted denominations...He called to be ONE...)
:) I doubt that you asked the question without having a denomination it mind...so, what do you yourself think?

Blessings...

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
None of them are closer than others. Jesus uses all denominations to spread His gospel and nurture and mature His believers. Yet it was not the original will of God for the Church to be split into several factions but to be united by the Holy Spirit. Yet when we leave anything in the hands of man imperfection and division shall always come. Yet Jesus gave us the chance for the Church to have universal love for each other regardless of denomination and love of all people. Our lives of holiness and Christian witness should also unite us in being pecuilar people from the world.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My question wasn't asking for insight in how to mimick Jesus. But thanks .

And thank you Tim for your thoughtful reply. :)

Um, but Big A is right - the only thing that matters is how we, as followers, imitate Christ. Possessing the complete truth means nothing if it is not put into practice. It is akin to possessing a complete Bible and never reading it.

brodav9

Dec 26, 2011
Sylacauga Al. U.S.A.
Sorry to have to tell you this, the call to come out of denominations which are becoming more like Babylon, is the word of this hour. The true Christian church is hidden. I am a part of that . It is really not a church but a Assembly. Church is the German word for building. The people should make up a Assembly.

The Charismatics who are called neo- Pentecostals, were a faithful group who left the Pentecostal movement , That was because They took their eyes off the leadership of the Holy Spirit. God is working on restoring the true body of Christ. The true believers love their fellow man and are trying to get them to have faith in a non compromising truth which is Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life.

You would agree that the church without Jesus is no church at all. That also applies to having a church who say they believe in Jesus but don't believe all of his bible cover to cover, and don't obey it.

Why come out of the denominations? Because they follow man's programs and not the pattern laid down in the word. Without the Baptism in the Holy Spirit, They have no power to overcome sin, and the devil. The Jesus I serve and preach is not a join the club Jesus but a living reality in whom I bow before and ask much mercy for my weaknesses. I hear him speak almost daily and he causes me to see things that amaze because of fellowship with him, where he replies.

The group of Christians today who will be prepared for Jesus coming are washed in his blood, overcoming in all things, not using excuses by saying we cannot be perfected, but have to live in bondage to sin and the devil, which Jesus went to the cross to liberate us from to the praise of his glory.

My calling is to minister this life to others and proclaim his kingdom. Some think the cross is a beautiful thing. It is a terrible instrument of death. Spiritually Gal. 2:20 the cross we carry is to put self to death so Christ who is the hope of glory in us, can bring us from spot , wrinkle and blemish to be his sheep.

Without the holy blood we have nothing. That blood brings us to a holy life so we can be a sweet smelling savor of Christ to the father.

If the Christians are taught the truth in their meetings and fed spiritual bread, they will learn to get off the milk and partake of the deeper meat of God;s word.

I may sound hard in my word;s but I speak in love. Playing church is activities to draw people to church and costs money. Just one encounter with Christ will change a person forever. I have known him now 45 years and still on fire. I have not had a aspirin for 40 years. He raised me out of the death bed twice,
I was cut in half and he put me back together. better not tell to much or this post would never end.

He stays so close to me I can shake his hand. My ministry is one of the most awesome in the world, he gives gifts talents and abilities no one else in the world has.
King Solomon had those tremendous abilities. He caused the Queen of Sheba to stand there and it was said of her she had no more spirit. She couldn't speak.
When I speak or perform music , They have said come back we have got to put this in the paper in our city. cameras flashing. all the time.

All for the glory of God. I play the piano with my feet and 6-12 string guitar, harmonica and sing all at one time. God is so wonderful.

John Zain

Newbie trainee
Sep 16, 2010
San Diego, CA

If I was forced to choose a denomination, it would have to believe:
-- the baptism with the Holy Spirit is for today, i.e. has not ceased
-- that the 9 spiritual gifts (1 Cor 12) are for today, i.e. have not ceased
-- that these spiritual gifts should be encouraged to be used in the church, in the mission field, etc.

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
There is no

perfect church that i know of ,The catholics church comes close if they would remove their graven images. Maybe we can invent the perfect church on this forum.

Axehead

May 9, 2012

God Bless.

Of course every denomination will credit themselves, and that is just the nature of denominations. They split off from others and give themselves a name that separates them from others because they have more truth than them all. Brodav9 is right in that the Church is hidden and you don't find it in the Yellow pages or on every street corner. The Lord calls all who follow Him to decrease that He might increase. God's people are being called out of everything that is not of Him. The Lord has always been calling His people out of that which is not of Him, in every generation. This is nothing new and the Lord has had a Remnant in every generation that has been faithful to Him.

soupy

May 20, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I personally don't pay much attention to a denomination, I look at their "what we belief" or "creed" that most churches have, if the basics are there, I visit, if the service, teaching is good, I go from there. I've found some along the way, teach views I believe are contradictory to the Bible, those I leave, other times, when I find others teach views which I disagree with, which are non essential and viewed differently by others, I stay.
Just as no person in a church has all the right answers, neither do I.
I am a member of an Evangelical Free church.

whitestone

Apr 3, 2011
Gold Beach Oregon
Here is the Church we belong to :)

(Heb 12:22)

But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

(Heb 12:23)

To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

(Heb 12:24)

And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant...

(Rev 12:1)

And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

(Rev 12:2)

And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.

(Rev 21:2)

And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

(Rom 7:4)

Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

(Joh 3:29)

He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.

(Rev 22:17)

And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

(Gal 4:26)

But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Excellent display of scriptures Axehead. There is the answer to this OP, since we know that only from God's point of view is it important to know 'who' comprises the GENUINE Church.

Alanforchrist

Dec 25, 2007

God Bless.

Without a doubt, "The TRUE Word of Faith Churches",
Although they aren't a denomination, They are people who accept the Biblical truths, The promises of God and do the works that Jesus said we would do.
The Apostle Paul was a word of faith Teacher, And Jesus was a faith Teacher, Who taught God's word,
So those who Teach the uncompromising word and faith, Do healings, miracles, Tongues, Prophecies And have the other gifts of the Spirit, Plus the fruits of the Spirit And do signs & wonders, Like the word of faith Churches do, Must be the closest to the Church that Jesus built.

They are the colsest that I have seen.