Reasons why the Jehovah’s Witness religion is false (Despite my love for them as human beings)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reasons why the Jehovah’s Witness religion is false
(Despite my love for them as human beings and my desire to see them saved).

#1. Jehovah’s Witnesses religion came about during the time period of other false religions in the latter half of the 19th century. It is odd that other religions seek to attack the Bible alone also came out during this time period, as well. You also have Mormons, Seventh Day Adventism, Pentecostal Latter Rain Theology. Each of these religions have one thing in common. They add words to the Bible. Revelation (the last book of the Bible) warns by saying, I quote: “For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:” (Revelation 22:18). It is evil and wrong to add to God’s Word.

#2. Charles Taze Russell (the founder of the JW organization starting in the 1870’s) was divorced in 1911 by his wife because he his immoral acts with other women (Source). The apostle Paul says, “Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.” (Galatians 5:19-21). It is evil that the JW’s founder was sexually immoral whereby his wife divorced him.

#3. Charles Taze Russel stated he was able to read Greek, but when he was in court, he was exposed as being a liar because he could not translate even the most simple Greek alphabet (Source). Revelation 21:8 says, “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”. It is evil that the JW’s founder had lied not fearing God’s warning in Revelation.

#4. The Jehovah’s Witness organization made multiple false prophecies that never came true.

1872 - JW’s falsely prophesied that they are living in the millennium since this year in October.

1914 - JW’s falsely prophesied that Armageddon ended in this year, and God’s kingdom began.

1915 - JW’s falsely prophesied that the kingdom of God would be established in this year.

1925 - JW’s falsely prophesied that the Millennium would begin in this year.

1925 - JW leader Rutherford predicted that Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob would be resurrected, and he had a mansion built for them, and when they did not show up, Rutherford decided to live in the mansion instead.

1975 - JW’s falsely prophesied that the Millennium would begin in this year.

End of the 20th century: - JW’s falsely prophesied that Armageddon would begin.​

Deuteronomy 18:21-22
“And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken? When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.”

Yet, the JW’s want you to be afraid of their prophesies of their end times future judgments still.
This is evil and wrong because they have failed the test of being a true prophet of God by making multiple failed prophecies to begin with. They have shown themselves to be led by the evil one by making multiple failed prophecies. JW people have even left their organization when certain prophecies have failed to come true.

#5. JW leader Rutherford was a drunkard (i.e. he was an alcholic). The Bible says, “Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.” (1 Corinthians 6:9-10). This again shows you that another JW leader was immoral whereby the organization was being led by evil and or darkness.

#6. Like the Catholic Church, the JW organization has covered up child sexual abuse scandals within their own church. Jesus says in Luke 17:2 (NLT), “It would be better to be thrown into the sea with a millstone hung around your neck than to cause one of these little ones to fall into sin.” This is beyond normal human decency that such an organization would allow to cover up such evil and darkness.

#7. JW’s are to hate those who leave their organization. But Jesus says, “…Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;” (Matthew 5:44). It’s evil to deny a command of the Lord Jesus Christ to love your enemies.

#8. The JW cult like mindset. JW’s are a cult wanting you to follow the WatchTower organization blindly in what they say as if it was the Word of God. JW’s have even said not to Google anything about their organization (Outside of the official JW website or JW supporting sites). But the Bible says, “Test all things; hold fast what is good.” (1 Thessalonians 5:21) (NKJV). This sounds like a cult like control of brainwashing others whereby they don’t want you to think and research things for yourself. But it’s evil to deny Scripture’s teaching by the apostle Paul to test all things.

#9. JW’s state that you cannot understand the Bible without their help. But it is written: “Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.” (Acts of the Apostles 17:11) (NIV). It’s evil to teach one group alone has the sole corner on God’s Word. We see no such prejudice in Acts 17:11. Thus, the JW religion is evil for controlling one’s thinking on Scripture.

#10. JW’s teach that it is sinful and idolatrous to pray to Jesus Christ. Yet, the Bible says, “Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord,…” (1 Corinthians 1:2). John 14:14, “If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.” 1 Timothy 1:12 "I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has strengthened me, because He considered me faithful, putting me into service”. For it’s how we can be saved even. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved (Romans 10:13 cf. Romans 10:8-12). It is evil and wrong to suggest that you cannot pray to Jesus because Jesus is the only mediator between God and man (1 Timothy 2:5). Thankfully, some ex JW’s have been set free from the evil darkness of the JW religion because they called upon the Lord Jesus for salvation.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Learner

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
#11. JW’s deny Jesus rose bodily in the flesh but that he had risen with a spiritual body. But in John 20:25, we learn about how Thomas would not believe unless he seen the nail prints in his hands. This only makes sense if he had the same body. Jesus even said that a spirit does not have flesh and bones that he had (Luke 24:39). Both of these verses say these truths in the JW New world translation. So even their own Bible contradicts their own belief here. It is evil to deny the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ. For by the bodily resurrection, it makes it possible for the saints to one day live and reign with Christ bodily in the flesh.

#12. JW’s don’t believe in the Trinity. They believe Jesus is Michael the Archangel and they deny Jesus is God. I have a thread full of Scripture in defense of the Trinity and how Jesus is God here:

Defending the Godhead (Trinity) & the Divine Nature of Christ

To deny how God has chosen to reveal Himself in Scripture is evil and it is to worship a false god of one’s own imagining. Believing in a false god cannot save anyone. Jesus said if you do not believe I am he, you will die in your sins. The word “he” is not in the original languages. So Jesus is saying He is the I AM from Exodus 3. In fact, this was the point why the Jews picked up stones to kill him. He declared again clearly to them that He was the I AM (the name of GOD who sent Moses to deliver the Israelites).

#13. JW's refuse blood transfusions. They see it as the same thing as eating blood (of which the Bible does condemn the eating of blood). However, you cannot liquify a hamburger, fries, and an apple pie, and or other foods and inject them into your bloodstream without their being serious medical problems. So it's not the same thing as eating (of which they falsely claim and or teach). It's simply one of their own man made teachings that costs the lives of their own people for no real reason. Thus it is evil. it is a belief that takes life unnecessarily.

#14. JW's falsely teach that the cross is pagan. JW's erroneously believe that Jesus was on a stake and not a cross. In one JW picture from JW.org they show Jesus with one nail going through his hands of which you can check out in their website page here.

Yet, in John 20:25 of their own New World Translation (on their own website) states, “Unless I see in his hands the print of the nails...”; In the photo of Jesus they have on their official website with him being on a stake they show only ONE NAIL in his hands. Yet, their own translation on their website says NAILS in his hands. So they are contradicting themselves yet again. The Bible they used before the New World Translation that they used was the King James Bible (KJB). The KJB mentions the word “cross” and not a “stake” that their new updated catered Bible falsely says. This is evil to say that the cross is pagan when the word cross was in the earliest English bibles even before the King James Bible. Even the cross can be seen in the Israelite camp arrangement in the Old Testament.

full

This article explains it in more detail in Scripture.

The Camp of Israel

The point here is that JW's are attacking the cross in the Bible. This is evil, and wrong.

#15. JW's partake in doctrinal flip flops. Meaning, they keep changing their stance on certain doctrines. This merely shows you the inconsistencies of their own teachings.

Doctrinal Flip Flops of Jehovah's Witnesses

Ephesians 4:14
“That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;”

This simply shows that they out to deceive because they are not consistent in what they teach over the years. This is evil.

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would encourage believers here to read the testimonies of ex Jehovah's Witnesses to see how they lied to them and how they took advantage of them in ways that were not correct or good.

Ex-Jehovah’s Witness Testimonies
(Note: Please keep in mind that I may not agree with all views expressed in this website or in all testimonies. I do not agree that a belief alone in Jesus is the only requirement for salvation).

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JW's deny Jesus is God (Which is wrong). Here are some great verses showing how Jesus is God using the JW's own New World Translation to prove how Jesus is God.

Great stuff here.

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jehovah's Witnesses believe if you are not one of them (a JW), or a part of their organization, then you are not saved.

Just see this website here:

Facts about jw.org, Watchtower, Jehovah's Witnesses and Truth

In other words, if you are not Jehovah's Witness, they don't believe you will be saved. They believe you are God's enemies. So if any liberal Christian and or nominal Christian here defends them, they fail to really understand what JW's are really saying about them. This is why they are a cult. They believe they have the corner market on God's truth. Everything the Watchtower organization says is from God in addition to the Bible. This is insane. They are not speaking for God. Just look at their lives, their history, and testimonies. A good tree cannot bring forth bad fruit and a bad tree cannot bring forth good fruit.

A Jehovah's Witness believes the WatchTower and their words are on equal authority with Scripture. So if they say... “Jump” They will reply with... “How high.” So they are in a cult. Cults believe that God talks to them by special revelation not found in the Bible and they seek to control the group that follows them. At times, they will even take advantage of the group (to the benefit of the cult leaders), as well. This has happened in history. Rutherford (A JW leader) moved into the mansion (from the finances of JW followers) when Abraham and the others did not show up as prophesied. Think. They are lying to people. They are wrongfully taking advantage of people.

Cults seek to control. They do this also by information control (if you know anything about cults). Here is an article on how the JW organization has sought to attempt to censor information from their own people.

The real reasons why Watchtower organization FEARS the INTERNET

This is not right and it is wrong. It's evil.

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
full

Sound familiar?

Does anyone know who Jim Jones and what happened with his followers because of their blind trust in what he said?

Jim Jones basically had his followers drink Flavor-aid that had cyanide in it.

Jim Jones - Wikipedia

That's the danger behind the JW organization. Anything they say you have to obey. So if they played a Jim Jones routine, think about how many lives would be lost if many of their own followers just continued to keep blindly following what they said.

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Using that logic and expressing it, a non-trinitarian member might could get himself or herself banned here.

Sorry. Playing the victim card here is not really going to work. Truth is truth despite how others may deal with those who are in error.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With a response like that, I don’t think you caught my drift.

Why are you being mysterious with your words?
Just tell us what you really mean.
So are you for defending how Jesus is God or how the Lord our God is triune?
Or are you against these teachings in the Bible?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Reasons why the Jehovah’s Witness religion is evil (Despite my love for them as human beings)
Is that what you tell your disobedient children.....they are evil but you love them anyway? (God, save me from the religious!)

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reasons why the Jehovah’s Witness religion is evil (Despite my love for them as human beings)
Is that what you tell your disobedient children.....they are evil but you love them anyway? (God, save me from the religious!)

First, they are not my children. Second, they are not even children. They are adults who have chosen an evil system of darkness.
Three, so are you liberal and you would not label any system as being evil today? What about Hitler and his regime? Just a slap on the wrist for them? They slaughtered tons of Jews. Can you imagine your trying to smooth talk Hitler and his murderous bunch with you trying to tell them their wrongs are not all that bad? That what they did was not evil? What about the JW’s cover ups on child abuse scandals? Are you telling me that is not evil? Are you saying that their trying to control people like a cult is not evil? Come on now. You are either are ignorant of them, or you simply don’t care.

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
First, they are not my children. Second, they are not even children. They are adults who have chosen an evil system of darkness.
Three, so are you liberal and you would not label any system as being evil today? What about Hitler and his regime? Just a slap on the wrist for them? They slaughter tons of Jews. Can you imagine your trying to smooth talk Hitler and his murderous bunch with you trying to tell them their wrongs are not all that bad? That what they did was not evil? What about the JW’s cover ups on child abuse scandals? Are you telling me that is not evil? Are you saying that their trying to control people like a cult is not evil? Come on now. You are either are ignorant of them, or you are simply don’t care.
I s'pose Jesus just loves good sinners......maybe he's a good juggler of oxymorons?

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I s'pose Jesus just loves good sinners......maybe he's a good juggler of oxymorons?

Jesus called people evil (Matthew 7:11). Jesus called people a brood of vipers (Matthew 23:33). Jesus called people blind guides (Matthew 23:16). My focus was on the JW organization itself and the belief system in how it is evil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood but against spiritual wickedness in high places. There is a darkness and or evil in all false religions or every evil way.

Psalms 119:104
“Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.”

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
What do you mean by this?
And what does this have to do with the thread topic?

Are you not a trinitarian? Are you not aware of what evil goes on in trinitarian churches?

Is it trinitarian churches who kill their enemies (and their friends), or is it the JWs?

Was it the JWs who launched Crusades which killed Jews, Muslims and Christians? Or was it your churches?

Was it the JWs who carried out inquisitions? Or was it your churches?

Was it the JWs who supported segregation? Or was it your churches?

Hasn’t their been rape and child abuse found in your churches? Haven’t there been attempts to cover it up?

Have any of your churches supported abortion? Have the JWs?

If you’re going to take the tact, apply it across the board.

Yours, by the standard of measure you use, is an evil religion.

So I wonder, will you be doing your side next?

Reactions: JohnPaul

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If we want to keep it very brief as to why the Jehovah's Witnesses cult is dangerous, we just need to remind everyone of the words of Christ in John 8:24: I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I AM [he], ye shall die in your sins.

[Note: The KJV translators did us a great disservice by (a) failing to capitalize "I AM" and (b) then inserting "he" gratuitously into the text. This diluted the impact of this verse. The Jubilee 2000 Bible has translated this verse properly:
"Therefore I said unto you that ye shall die in your sins, for if ye do not believe that I AM, ye shall die in your sins."]

What did Christ mean by these words? Since Jesus had already revealed Himself to Moses (Exodus 3) at the burning bush as I AM or I AM THAT I AM (the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob), the Jews He was addressing understood that what Jesus was actually saying is this: IF YOU DO NOT BELIEVE THAT I AM GOD YOU WILL BE DAMNED.

Since the Jehovah's Witnesses refuse to believe that Jesus is God, they are facing eternal damnation. So if anyone is sucked into their beliefs this is the danger that person faces.

Reactions: Keturah