What do our friends in heaven know of us?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hope in God

May 29, 2019
TAMPA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are people in heaven, those who have passed on before us, aware of anything that is taking place on earth? I heard a message on this today that sounds convincing.

Check out Revelation 6:9-11 (NIV)
“When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained. They called out in a loud voice, “How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?”

Clearly, these people speaking in heaven remember their lives on earth, even the bad things, which, in this verse speaks of murder. They remember that they were martyred. This brings perspective to their lives.

They remember the things that took place on earth, even the bad things, and view those events through redemptive eyes. They are also aware that God has not yet brought judgment upon their persecutors.

They’re not asking, “Have you brought judgment, Lord?” but “WHEN will you bring judgment?”

And what is the Lord’s answer? Verse 11.
“Then each of them was given a white robe, and they were told to wait a little longer, until the full number of their fellow servants, their brothers and sisters, were killed just as they had been.”

They were told they must wait a little longer to be avenged – which strongly indicates the existence of time in heaven. Jesus says that He will return when the last martyr dies.
Another passage that shows that those who are now in heaven, our loved ones, can see what is taking place on earth is Luke 15:3-7:

“ Then Jesus told them this parable: “Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Doesn’t he leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.’ I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.”

So then, there is rejoicing in the presence of angels when a sinner repents. It doesn’t specifically say that it’s the angels who do the rejoicing. It must be the people already in heaven who know about the repentance of those on earth in order to rejoice.

It’s the part of the body of Christ that has already gone home. Many of them prayed for a person for years, and when the one on earth repents, they see that taking place and rejoice.

Reactions: Hidden In Him