What do you believe is the fate of elite, evil, Christians?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To the OP only,

There is no such a thing as an elite, evil Christian!!!

Either a person is save or unsaved. There is none in-between.

A Christian is holy, blameless, and without sin.

To God Be The Glory

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's say that there is an American president that claims to be a believer in Christ but demonstrates by his fruits that he does not do the will of Jesus. Let's say that this president has made a career in "public service" and has been taking bribes for decades. And let's say that this president has a scandalous history of being a chronic liar on all things big and small. And let's say that this president has sold out his people to special interests and to foreign interests in order to enrich himself and his family and friends. And let's say that this president dies unconfessed and unrepentant. What do believe is his fate?

Here's my guess. He is saved by the grace of Jesus but his Heavenly reward will be that he will be a humble servant to other Christians who were actually faithful Christians in life. He will remain a humble servant for a long time and will greatly regret his foolish and sinful choices in his short life on Earth.

The following verses compel me to believe that unfaithful Christians will be saved but their "reward" will be much less than the rewards given to faithful Christians.

Proverbs 22:16​

English Standard Version​

Whoever oppresses the poor to increase his own wealth, or gives to the rich, will only come to poverty.​

Matthew 19:16-30​

English Standard Version​

The Rich Young Man​

16 And behold, a man came up to him, saying, “Teacher, what good deed must I do to have eternal life?” 17 And he said to him, “Why do you ask me about what is good? There is only one who is good. If you would enter life, keep the commandments.” 18 He said to him, “Which ones?” And Jesus said, “You shall not murder, You shall not commit adultery, You shall not steal, You shall not bear false witness, 19 Honor your father and mother, and, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” 20 The young man said to him, “All these I have kept. What do I still lack?” 21 Jesus said to him, “If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me.” 22 When the young man heard this he went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions.
23 And Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly, I say to you, only with difficulty will a rich person enter the kingdom of heaven. 24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God.” 25 When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished, saying, “Who then can be saved?” 26 But Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” 27 Then Peter said in reply, “See, we have left everything and followed you. What then will we have?” 28 Jesus said to them, “Truly, I say to you, in the new world,[a] when the Son of Man will sit on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. 29 And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or lands, for my name's sake, will receive a hundredfold[b] and will inherit eternal life. 30 But many who are first will be last, and the last first.
Mmm…your example of a man in your first paragraph, plug him into the passage.
What must I do to have eternal life?
“You shall not murder, You shall not commit adultery, You shall not steal, You shall not bear false witness, Honor your father and mother, and, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

Im not real big on using scripture to assess others so much as using it to assess myself in my learning of righteousness but…your fictional example takes bribes, which is not to love your neighbor, because we are told in scripture that bribes, blind the clear-sighted, and corrupt the words of the righteous (they lie, in other words), as elsewhere it says that a bribe makes you ignore something you clearly see and bribes make even a righteous person twist the truth. It says bribes make men pervert justice and show partiality, lying about the innocent. It says a just king/leader gives stability to his nation, but one who demands bribes destroys it. It says, Your leaders are rebels against God and companions of thieves. They love bribes and demand payoffs, but they refuse to defend the cause of orphans or fight for the rights of widows. It says leaders take bribes to let the wicked go free and punish the innocent. It says accepting bribes let’s the influential get what they want and oppresses the righteous.

So…none of that sounds like Jesus’ answer to the question, “what must I do to have eternal life?”

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Such a person doesn't exist here on Earth.
It's a matter of reading and understanding the whole Bible, whose eyes have been opened by the Holy Spirit.

Ephesians 1:4 reads:
"According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:"

1 John 3:9:
"Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed (JESUS) remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God."

To God Be The Glory

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mark chapter 3, its those who do will of God. Those are His brothers and sisters and mother. Matthew 19:30. Are Gods Election. They're predestined, chosen before foundation of the world. The last shall be first. God's Election will reign with Jesus during the millennium, documentation, Ezekiel chapter 44 and revelation chapter 20. The elect are called Zadok during millennium. Their priests and judges. About habitual lifestyles. Romans chapter 6, your either servant of God or servant of Sin. I'm not judging anyone or criticizing anyone. Were talking about habitual sinners, those who dont care lot of people will go to sheol, called hell. It's those who do will of God, and repent sins to God . Why single out current president. Most politicians are habitual sinners. All the way back to HYPOCRITE George Washington. And other nations before our constitution. Was ancient Athens any better. I already documented who goes through narrow gate and wide gate..

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Funny that of what I have seen, is that they who reject Christ Jesus, know they are going to Hell in fact, so they work as a Vampire would in trying to bring all down to their level in fact. at the end of the day that's what motivated them in fact.