What do you do when people don't want to hear the truth

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We had acquaintances not friends that belonged to a very strict church which I called a cult. The danger of all denominations.

These people were classic holier than thou and supposed them selves better than any others. It would have been laughable had it not been so disgustingly bigoted.

They would not allow their children to play with ours. They feared they might be tainted. We didn't have a TV for the first 5 or 6 years of our children's lives and saw to it they were schooled in the Lord. They were saved and truly knew the Lord Jesus.

In our home one day our children were watching black beauty on a monitor. We had selected good clean videos for them to watch after they were older. These people had a look of horror on their faces as they saw their kids watching a horse running around on the screen and made them go into the other room.

They all wore long sleeves even the little boys. Their "church" demanded that everyone pay tithes no matter what. They paid tithes even if they couldn't feed their children.

The women wore no makeup at all, no jewelry and their dresses covered up everything except their head and hands. They looked afraid of everything and seemed to look for devils and evil in everyone and everything and they must have been of those that the Lord described as A SMOKE IN MY NOSE.

A hilarious thing to me was that despite their First church of the Nazi rules where every thing was verboten the pastor's wife... Drum roll please... Sold Mary Kay cosmetics.

How in the world can believers, SO CALLED, Fall for such tripe and JESUS PLUS self righteous bigotry.

My sweet little six year old daughter was wearing shorts as she played and these bigots glared at her as if she were a naked adult.
The most amazing thing? That I didn't run them off our place. Those poor children will have such a warped view of God, of Jesus it will be miraculous for them to really see the separation of God's grace vs dead works of men's dead dead dead religions and denominations.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't think that was fair to pay those that only worked a short time the same as those who had worked the long hours. I don't understand that verse but on face value it seems wrong. I feel like God built that sins of justice into us.

There is a spiritual war and it appears to be growing worse. I'm trying to come to terms with God and Him appearing to not hold people accountable and righting injustices. I'm trying to get to a point of faith that He will bring all things into judgment. It's just very hard when you don't see it and I haven't gotten to a point of peace about it. I always feel like I have to do something. I just wonder how others come to terms with it. I see the same confusion in others. I was speaking with a man who we rented a place off of when we traveled, and he shared how upset he was at things the government was doing that let a lot of people out on the street and theft became rampant in the neighborhood. It's that same sense of confusion or troubled feelings I get that I saw in him. You're seeing wrong things but yet don't have the power to change them. It's hard to maintain that faith in God when time passes and you don't see him answer heartfelt prayers.

"I'm trying to get to a point of faith that He will bring all things into judgment It's just very hard when you don't see it and I haven't gotten to a point of peace about it."
"I'm trying to come to terms with God and Him appearing to not hold people accountable and righting injustices. "

God judges ALL on Judgement Day. Those who do evil, have sold their souls for the dark and perishable things of "this world" The "world" seems to be getting away with doing all kinds of evil. Gods ways are not our ways His timing is perfect all the time...even if we don't see it. People in this world might think they got away with something but, they did not. Nothing misses His eye. "Vengeance is mine, saith The Lord"
We are under the justice system of this world, even Christians and will have to be judged by other humans. And we KNOW how good we all are at that ;)

"...upset he was at things the government was doing that let a lot of people out on the street and theft became rampant in the neighborhood."
We are not to be concerned "for the cares of this world..." Pray for-yes! but I do not think Christians should be entangled in the affairs of this world. We are to pray His will and believe He will answer, We, personally might NEVER see this kind of justice in this world but. we should be concerned about our everlasting life instead. I will pray for God to send you peace about this and, that you know He is walking right beside you, through your unrest.
BTW-it's when I know that I have no power/control over something that I am finding it easier to rest in Him-can't do anything anyhow! ♥

Reactions: Soverign Grace

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We had acquaintances not friends that belonged to a very strict church which I called a cult. The danger of all denominations.

These people were classic holier than thou and supposed them selves better than any others. It would have been laughable had it not been so disgustingly bigoted.

They would not allow their children to play with ours. They feared they might be tainted. We didn't have a TV for the first 5 or 6 years of our children's lives and saw to it they were schooled in the Lord. They were saved and truly knew the Lord Jesus.

In our home one day our children were watching black beauty on a monitor. We had selected good clean videos for them to watch after they were older. These people had a look of horror on their faces as they saw their kids watching a horse running around on the screen and made them go into the other room.

They all wore long sleeves even the little boys. Their "church" demanded that everyone pay tithes no matter what. They paid tithes even if they couldn't feed their children.

The women wore no makeup at all, no jewelry and their dresses covered up everything except their head and hands. They looked afraid of everything and seemed to look for devils and evil in everyone and everything and they must have been of those that the Lord described as A SMOKE IN MY NOSE.

A hilarious thing to me was that despite their First church of the Nazi rules where every thing was verboten the pastor's wife... Drum roll please... Sold Mary Kay cosmetics.

How in the world can believers, SO CALLED, Fall for such tripe and JESUS PLUS self righteous bigotry.

My sweet little six year old daughter was wearing shorts as she played and these bigots glared at her as if she were a naked adult.
The most amazing thing? That I didn't run them off our place. Those poor children will have such a warped view of God, of Jesus it will be miraculous for them to really see the separation of God's grace vs dead works of men's dead dead dead religions and denominations.
That's unbelievable. It's good to learn of others' experiences when they encounter crazy things done in the Name of the Lord. I had to smile at the Mary Kay cosmetics thing. When I became saved I visited a friend I had grown up with that I hadn't seen in awhile and told her that I had become a Christian. Her reaction was stunning, and she told me that she'd heard of a lot of evil committed by so-called Christians. I suppose they get more notoriety than those actually doing good works.

When we were young we tried a hip church with a young pastor and all the people who ran the church were "cool" types. My son told me he was following the band out after playing this moving Christian song. One guy said "I can't wait to get done here, I'm sick of playing this Christian crap."

We attended a church where I had been forewarned about the family who owned the church. My husband was hoodwinked by them and wanted to stay. It was a mistake and they did corrupt things. They hurt a lot of people - including one of our children - severely. The pastor finally got the wherewithal to leave. Before he left he invited us over and told the truth about the family and confirmed what I had warned my husband about. I don't think the pastor should have stayed as long as he did, going along with them, knowing what they were. We left the church and I was torn up inside over one of my children being hurt. A friend cried with me and told me that a scandal was going to come out of that church. Her call was amazing. The corrupt family were caught doing something illegal and had their name dragged through the mud. They lost their business - but they severely hurt people. I still have a hard time over it. They got a new pastor - who had to know the corrupt history of that family - who is able to turn a blind eye to that family's corruption. I prayed about it - I hope that the church closes because a woman who worked with them was upset and told me that they were misleading a lot of people. I hope that God answers because everyone in town knew what they did and people were angry and that is what they see as being representative of "Christians." The new pastor either mustn't walk close to God or can somehow have a seared conscience to stay there. They should all be in jail but paid for the best lawyers who got them off with a slap on the wrist and they're back at it with a new church. They're things I don't understand with God. A lot of people left their church but they're hoodwinking a new group who don't know about them. The youth pastor even ran into a woman and killed her and got off because he allegedly has contacts.

I would appreciate your prayers because they have damaged so many people, and are shameless - they just move on to a new group of people after those who get to know them leave their church. Their "church" teaches people that "Christians" lie, cheat, steal, and screw others over for money...but look we're going to sing Christian hymns in church and talk about the bible!

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"I'm trying to get to a point of faith that He will bring all things into judgment It's just very hard when you don't see it and I haven't gotten to a point of peace about it."
"I'm trying to come to terms with God and Him appearing to not hold people accountable and righting injustices. "

God judges ALL on Judgement Day. Those who do evil, have sold their souls for the dark and perishable things of "this world" The "world" seems to be getting away with doing all kinds of evil. Gods ways are not our ways His timing is perfect all the time...even if we don't see it. People in this world might think they got away with something but, they did not. Nothing misses His eye. "Vengeance is mine, saith The Lord"
We are under the justice system of this world, even Christians and will have to be judged by other humans. And we KNOW how good we all are at that ;)

"...upset he was at things the government was doing that let a lot of people out on the street and theft became rampant in the neighborhood."
We are not to be concerned "for the cares of this world..." Pray for-yes! but I do not think Christians should be entangled in the affairs of this world. We are to pray His will and believe He will answer, We, personally might NEVER see this kind of justice in this world but. we should be concerned about our everlasting life instead. I will pray for God to send you peace about this and, that you know He is walking right beside you, through your unrest.
BTW-it's when I know that I have no power/control over something that I am finding it easier to rest in Him-can't do anything anyhow! ♥
I think I'm like Habakuk. I'm seeing so much - the more your eyes are opened the uglier this world gets! But I've also endured a lot, as has my family, by the hands of evildoers. I've prayed so much and I feel God close but nothing ever seems to happen. I appreciate your prayers for peace. I'd like to see God answer some long-prayed-for-prayers.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think I'm like Habakuk. I'm seeing so much - the more your eyes are opened the uglier this world gets! But I've also endured a lot, as has my family, by the hands of evildoers. I've prayed so much and I feel God close but nothing ever seems to happen. I appreciate your prayers for peace. I'd like to see God answer some long-prayed-for-prayers.

Never give up asking Him. Remember the widow and the un-just judge :)
Waiting on Him to move on our behalf can be quite frustrating, even to the most patient Christian, lol.
I am sorry for all the evil doers who hurt you and yours and I know that none of it got past Gods eyes...He will vindicate His children, even if we do not get to see it. ♥

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Never give up asking Him. Remember the widow and the un-just judge :)
Waiting on Him to move on our behalf can be quite frustrating, even to the most patient Christian, lol.
I am sorry for all the evil doers who hurt you and yours and I know that none of it got past Gods eyes...He will vindicate His children, even if we do not get to see it. ♥
You sound like my husband - he has a lot of faith in this area and I seem to be tripped up in the one area. I think that I have to take action or I doubt God when He doesn't repay evildoers. It's a part of the Christian walk that seems to trip me. I keep praying as David: "Oh Lord You have seen this! Be not silent!" Yet another day goes by and no answers are forthcoming and I see evildoers not repaid. I don't know what the ultimate answer is for me to maintain some type of peace. I'm trying to find it but it's elusive.

D

Dave L

You sound like my husband - he has a lot of faith in this area and I seem to be tripped up in the one area. I think that I have to take action or I doubt God when He doesn't repay evildoers. It's a part of the Christian walk that seems to trip me. I keep praying as David: "Oh Lord You have seen this! Be not silent!" Yet another day goes by and no answers are forthcoming and I see evildoers not repaid. I don't know what the ultimate answer is for me to maintain some type of peace. I'm trying to find it but it's elusive.
You might not see recompense in those who abuse you. But I believe it is there in their private lives. I had to go to a meeting and share the room with one of the owners of the factory that was trying to get rid of me. (It took three years.) But he was tortured in his sleep. He woke me up several times screaming, and making sounds as though he was frightened out of his wits. Had I not seen this I would have thought everything was business as usual.

The big thing is to not seek vengeance but to pray for enemies and bless those who curse you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You might not see recompense in those who abuse you. But I believe it is there in their private lives. I had to go to a meeting and share the room with one of the owners of the factory that was trying to get rid of me. (It took three years.) But he was tortured in his sleep. He woke me up several times screaming, and making sounds as though he was frightened out of his wits. Had I not seen this I would have though everything was business as usual.

The big thing is to not seek vengeance but to pray for enemies and bless those who curse you.
It's good to hear things like that because some of the evil done was very evil, with someone losing their life. This person was so cunning and manipulative and is the type that drips and fawns all over people so that they're fooled by her. They're the hardest - those who appear as an angel of light and show up in churches. The suffering that this person caused was such that I thought God should have removed her from the face of the earth before she had the chance to hurt another person. But no - God let her influence the death of another, but has kept her sorry soul here. It's hard to understand. And even though my sister knew of severe medical trials I was enduring, she weaponized my father's estate and got a corrupt lawyer to harass me, wasting 11 months of my husband and my lives. All because she never had a family of her own and was causing trouble in mine so I told her to stop contacting them. Instead of searching her own heart and correcting her own behaviors, she tried to get me back and used her position as Executrix to try to get me back. They both lied repeatedly - I don't know how someone respects themselves when they lie. But it didn't seem to bother them. I think she and the lawyer should have been arrested but he got a corrupt lawyer who worked at the court to thwart an investigation I requested. I don't understand why God didn't punish them. They're a pair of liars and broke the law. I grew stronger through it however and it showed me that no matter that I wasn't a lawyer I stood up to that liar and won in his playground: court. But I still think more should have been done.

I wish I could get to an inner peace where I don't have these roiling feelings. It just feels as if for justice to prevail God has to do something due to the great evil certain people have done. I don't know how to feel at peace about it inside.

D

Dave L

It's good to hear things like that because some of the evil done was very evil, with someone losing their life. This person was so cunning and manipulative and is the type that drips and fawns all over people so that they're fooled by her. They're the hardest - those who appear as an angel of light and show up in churches. The suffering that this person caused was such that I thought God should have removed her from the face of the earth before she had the chance to hurt another person. But no - God let her influence the death of another, but has kept her sorry soul here. It's hard to understand. And even though my sister knew of severe medical trials I was enduring, she weaponized my father's estate and got a corrupt lawyer to harass me, wasting 11 months of my husband and my lives. All because she never had a family of her own and was causing trouble in mine so I told her to stop contacting them. Instead of searching her own heart and correcting her own behaviors, she tried to get me back and used her position as Executrix to try to get me back. They both lied repeatedly - I don't know how someone respects themselves when they lie. But it didn't seem to bother them. I think she and the lawyer should have been arrested but he got a corrupt lawyer who worked at the court to thwart an investigation I requested. I don't understand why God didn't punish them. They're a pair of liars and broke the law. I grew stronger through it however and it showed me that no matter that I wasn't a lawyer I stood up to that liar and won in his playground: court. But I still think more should have been done.

I wish I could get to an inner peace where I don't have these roiling feelings. It just feels as if for justice to prevail God has to do something due to the great evil certain people have done. I don't know how to feel at peace about it inside.
I've not been hit with a trial like yours so far. But I believe the Lord honors his word and will carry out any vengeance he says belongs to him and not to us. I'm fortunate to have seen results within a year or two of so doing. We can rest assured that no weapon formed against us will prosper, despite how things might appear.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've not been hit with a trial like yours so far. But I believe the Lord honors his word and will carry out any vengeance he says belongs to him and not to us. I'm fortunate to have seen results within a year or two of so doing. We can rest assured that no weapon formed against us will prosper, despite how things might appear.
I don't understand why I haven't been fortunate. I've seen a few things but not enough and it has sorely pulled at my faith in God. It's not that I don't believe in Him - I do - and that's why it's so hard. I feel as if He's sitting there watching this great evil yet just watches. It doesn't square with a God of compassion that sees someone suffering so deeply yet does nothing. I remember one of the early books I read was about Corrie ten Boom and her times in the concentration camps. I didn't understand it when I read it then and I don't now. But maybe it's something I'm doing - I'm trying to figure it out.

D

Dave L

I don't understand why I haven't been fortunate. I've seen a few things but not enough and it has sorely pulled at my faith in God. It's not that I don't believe in Him - I do - and that's why it's so hard. I feel as if He's sitting there watching this great evil yet just watches. It doesn't square with a God of compassion that sees someone suffering so deeply yet does nothing. I remember one of the early books I read was about Corrie ten Boom and her times in the concentration camps. I didn't understand it when I read it then and I don't now. But maybe it's something I'm doing - I'm trying to figure it out.
We know in the end God always balances the books. I didn't understand my predicaments while enduring them. It was later when I looked back on them. Thinking it was unusual for those who were pitted against me to suffer as they did. Even then I had to consider if it was just coincidence or God judging them.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We know in the end God always balances the books. I didn't understand my predicaments while enduring them. It was later when I looked back on them. Thinking it was unusual for those who were pitted against me to suffer as they did. Even then I had to consider if it was just coincidence or God judging them.
I'm trying to keep my thoughts centered on that rather than "Why didn't you answer." It's sometimes a struggle - but most things are.

Reactions: Nancy and Dave L