What do you do when people don't want to hear the truth

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
a decision of that nature against him on his record would be in the public domain, and might be a responsibility even.

the way that would go would be you sue for it, he will of course not want to go to court on the matter and offer a settlement, $10k would not be surprising even, remember why you sued tho imo k. Make it plain you will donate the decision to your local Victim-Witness fund or something even, if you like. Or settle and take the money even, the suit remains public record anyway, and everyone who matters understands that a settlement = guilt

the suit is for "pain and suffering," and you can even go file it yourself, the law library lady will even help, it's easy

I agree... go for it @Soverign Grace It is not like you are taking a brother or sister to court and it's not about the money. This man's lies IMO, need to be exposed. So many innocent people are so run down by that time, they just say forget it. I would sue the guy. JMHO ♥

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I agree... go for it @Soverign Grace It is not like you are taking a brother or sister to court and it's not about the money. This man's lies IMO, need to be exposed. So many innocent people are so run down by that time, they just say forget it. I would sue the guy. JMHO ♥
ah well, i would sue him to make your forgiveness manifest later, don't get me wrong there :)

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you do? The Bible's answer.

SHAKE OFF THE DUST OF YOUR FEET.

It's the only answer to keep his peace. That peace is worth more than Anything.

When Harold Hill, author of How to live like a King's kid asked for his business partner to return the million dollars he'd loaned him on a handshake, the partner refused. He said Harold didn't deserve it! Harold fumed with anger. God asked him if he was an owner or a steward.

Harold went back to the man and said "you know that million dollars, well that's between you and God". Then Harold turned and walked off.

Shaking off the dust of your feet and walking off is as hard as it gets but to keep God's peace it is mandatory.. Not a choice.

God WILL deal with it in his time

Ecclesiastes 3:11 KJVS
He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.

Matthew 10:14 KJVS
And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you believe that everyone is ultimately responsible for their actions even if they're tempted by Satan.

Yes.

That's what a friend told me. It was a shock to have my sister who I had been close to at one time do something like this, knowing of my severe trials. It was pure selfishness. She was using my family as hers and didn't want me taking them away. She didn't care that she caused severe trouble in my family, she only selfishly thought of her own needs and lied about her motives in trying to take money from my inheritance. So I did cut of the relationship. I was trying to forgive, but she was playing both sides of the fence with the sister who did extreme evil to my family. I don't like when someone plays both sides of the fence. If you're going to be friends with me, then you know how deeply the other person has harmed me, causing heart wrenching pain,

and yet you continue to associate with them?

Where did you understand me to say that?

That's not what a friend does. Then I'll take my friendship elsewhere. That's what I did and she didn't like it and then weaponized my father's estate to get me back for cutting off the relationship.

To give you an example of a true friend: I told a friend what that law office did and she told me she'll never use them again. So I learned that my sister really wasn't a true friend. It was painful to realize but I had to face it. She didn't care about my feelings or my pain, or the pain she caused my children.''

I think you have a point that they're angry that I pointed out the truth - I called the lawyer out for threatening me. He thought he was going to cower and scare me - something I've learned lawyers do because "they" know the "law." I called his bluff and he got angry. I exposed my sister's motives and she got angry. They thought they were holding all the cards and weren't.

I will tell you that victory over them felt good. I still don't think enough happened to them for what they did.

Actually it sounded like they got away with shorting you.

They abused their power - and I've shared how I was victimized by those with a badge. I don't understand why God allowed those things because I thought they were attacks. I'm still trying to figure out why God let them happen. One thing it has done is opened my eyes up to the corruption all around. That corrupt lawyer had a corrupt lawyer in the court "lose" my brief. She pulled several stunts. I have such an urge to move forward and report that corrupt lawyer and court worker. God let me have an honest judge however.

A couple of things...
1) God does not STOP bad behavior of people.
2) You have heard the Truth will set you free?
That applies to knowing Gods Truth, but as well it applies to knowing other people you may have to deal with.

If you are the one with an issue, be it law, or whatever, do your own research first, you find the answers, so you know what questions to ask a "lawyer", before you expect them to adequately, represent you.

You can report lawyers, but it will likely be a waste of time. You would have to show just cause they violated the law, and it sounds more like your lawyer was unorganized, unprepared and haphazard. Your recourse for that was to fire her on those grounds, and retain someone else to represent you.

Thanks for your concern. It's hard to know what way to go with things. I try hard to walk close to God yet still get tripped up when it comes to knowing which road to take.

It is a choice. Walk with God on the straight and narrow....while remembering, many others do not choose the same as you.

Remember how Jesus was treated....expect the same. What people DID to Jesus did not STOP Him from His own walk. You do the same and don't worry about "retaliation" / Getting back, or dwell on it. The "hurt" on you is Exasperated
Because it was someone so close to you. Forgive her, and move on, or it will only keep you focused on your "hurt", and keep you from being focused on your "joy" of so many other things.

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Continue in the truth, Biblically...
wadr imo that amounts to a flowery way to say the same thing, is "Continue in the truth, Biblically" = Keep Looking Up and teaching a "return" of Christ that cannot be Quoted, or not? etc. The point being that one must first assume they have found the truth, or some standard for truth other than the obviously deceived "i read it in the Bible" (without qualification anyway) must be--but almost never is of course--forwarded along with "the truth."

For an example obv according to the Bible i can handle poisonous snakes without any fear of being bitten, but we already know that this is literally not "truth," etc

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For an example obv according to the Bible i can handle poisonous snakes without any fear of being bitten, but we already know that this is literally not "truth," etc

I would disagree.

Mark 16 is primarily about the resurrection of Jesus, and accention into Heaven.
Our Example, and Capabilities that are beyond the natural.

I believe 16, 17, 18 is a mix of a Saved and Baptized mans capabilities given him....
While he remains on earth and When an Occupant / Servant in Christ's earthly Kingdom...and mortals repopulating the earth.

So, TRUTHFULLY, could an IMMORTAL, take up serpents, speak with new tongues, drink any deadly thing....and not be hurt?

Sure. They have over come death....
Alive forever. 16, 17, 18, verses are about men, and looks more like what Saved and Baptized men can expect, in Christ's Kingdom, as Immortal, in effect toward mortals who will be populating the earth.
Just keeping in context of the whole of Mark 16.

Mark 16:
[16] He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
[17] And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
[18]They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Immediately, Mark 16 goes back to ... About Jesus, in verse 19.

[19]So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.

God Bless,
Merry Christmas,
Taken

Reactions: Nancy

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I would disagree.

Mark 16 is primarily about the resurrection of Jesus, and accention into Heaven.
Our Example, and Capabilities that are beyond the natural.

I believe 16, 17, 18 is a mix of a Saved and Baptized mans capabilities given him....
While he remains on earth and When an Occupant / Servant in Christ's earthly Kingdom...and mortals repopulating the earth.

So, TRUTHFULLY, could an IMMORTAL
sure, and i know we even have "put on immortality" ok, but there is another interpretation that is not only valid today but actually descriptive and even useful, as long as the symbology of "snake" is gotten, which is surely just a sort of person there. Shaking it off in the fire is likely the main point there anyway, which to ppl who tie up bulls and throw rocks at them for fun shaking a poisonous snake off in a fire seems completely humane i guess right, busy am so i'll just lol there and Quote that There is Only One Immortal, Who Dwells in Unapproachable Etcetc, even though i would love for Mercury to take me to Valhalla to live with Zeus forever too ok, only i'm pretty sure ol' Zeus has a better idea.

You might contemplate the snake scene--which is fairly likely even a particular guy i guess, the island they are on is a clue, etc(!)--in light of God's "hedge of protection" around us and see the disconnect there too maybe?

So, i'd love to agree with your interp, but...ha, well that really kinda says it all imo, i'd love to agree with you, but
Just keeping in context of the whole of Mark 16.
and sure, this passage would have immediately sprung to mind i guess, having been written just shortly before, but again wadr you are projecting your expectations onto the text imo, although i don't expect you to change your mind on that via a sentence from me, and considering you as my proxy of beliefs from...well nevermind when lol, i can't think of anything that would have swayed that guy either, except a lot of Scripture reading and time, so...ya. A grasp of Hegelian might work, but that's prolly a piece down the road yet too, dunno.

"mortals populating the earth then" i mean listen to yourself now ok, in this scenario you are an Immortal benevolently living among "them" in like Blissful Directitude right? Think about it

love,
L. Behind

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sure, and i know we even have "put on immortality" ok, but there is another interpretation that is not only valid today but actually descriptive and even useful, as long as the symbology of "snake" is gotten, which is surely just a sort of person there. Shaking it off in the fire is likely the main point there anyway, which to ppl who tie up bulls and throw rocks at them for fun shaking a poisonous snake off in a fire seems completely humane i guess right,

I have the ability to kill a snake, and sometimes do.

I have not the ability to kill a spirit, that is called at times, a serpent, meaning snake, a devil, Satan; who is a spirit, with the power to take on other forms, with the intent to use the form to trick people away from God, "particularly", the weak, or otherwise less "informed" of the Truth of God.

[QUOTEbusy am so i'll just lol there and Quote that There is Only One Immortal, Who Dwells in Unapproachable Etcetc, even though i would love for Mercury to take me to Valhalla to live with Zeus forever too ok, only i'm pretty sure ol' Zeus has a better idea.[/QUOTE]

For one to BE "made" Immortal; that one must first possess a "MORTAL" body.

MORTAL, pertains to a BODY, and MORTAL means, that BODY IS SUBJECT TO DIE.

Agree, Jesus had prepared for Him, a MORTAL BODY, and took it upon Himself, and OFFERED that MORTAL BODY, unto Death... (AS a payment of an "unblemished" and "pure body"...FOR men whose bodies came from dust, corrupted, and not approved as an "unblemished offering for salvation".)

You might contemplate the snake scene--which is fairly likely even a particular guy i guess, the island they are on is a clue, etc(!)--in light of God's "hedge of protection" around us and see the disconnect there too maybe?

? Not sure I see your basis.

So, i'd love to agree with your interp, but...ha, well that really kinda says it all imo, i'd love to agree with you, but

I never have a need for someone to agree with me....I would rather say, for one to Agree with God. :)

[QUOTE and sure, this passage would have immediately sprung to mind i guess, having been written just shortly before, but again wadr you are projecting your expectations onto the text imo, although i don't expect you to change your mind [/QUOTE]

Changing ones MIND, is a Carnal Experience, easily influenced by others and their sharing of information.

My Hearts thoughts are already established, and will not waver.

on that via a sentence from me, and considering you as my proxy of beliefs from...well nevermind when lol, i can't think of anything that would have swayed that guy either, except a lot of Scripture reading and time, so...ya. A grasp of Hegelian might work, but that's prolly a piece down the road yet too, dunno.

It is quite simple really...
God is not promising to SAVE our BODIES...
They all SHALL DIE. He requires it.

It is a mans SOUL, God will or will not SAVE.
It is a mans SPIRIT, God will or will not QUICKEN.

Once a man HAS, a saved soul and quickened spirit....there is nothing another....Man, other "gods", "statutes", fallen angels, snakes, get eaten by a bear, drown, killed in war....whatever...
NOTHING whatsoever, can PREVENT that mans BODY, from becoming Changed from MORTAL to IMMORTAL.

"mortals populating the earth then" i mean listen to yourself now ok, in this scenario you are an Immortal benevolently living among "them" in like Blissful Directitude right? Think about it

Yes. Mortals shall repopulate the earth, AFTER the Seven Year Tribulation has Ended.

There shall be survivors NOT marked with Satan's mark, and NOT Sealed unto Christ (Converted)...particularly, ISRAEL, the people who Remained Faithful to God, avoided physical death, shall occupy the earth, and reproduce.....
At the same time Christ the Lord Jesus is occupying His Earthly Kingdom, with Its Occupants, "His Church", those who have Been Converted and put on Immortality.

Immortals do not Reproduce.
It is the remnant of Mortals who shall occupy the Earth, (WITHOUT Satan's or other fallen angels presence, ) and they shall reproduce, generation after generation, for 1,000 years.

After 1,000 years Satan is loosed and allow to once again "influence" mortal men.

Point being...Mortals, during the 1,000 years shall have ample opportunity to Hear, Trust, Believe in the Lord.....and many WILL, even without Satan's influence, begins falling away from Belief...and become easily intrigued and willing to go along with Satan's trickery.

It is always man's Freewill to learn, and trust what he learns... or not.

You appear interested in other mens interest in a mans invented god, and the same which men built statues of such "god" and worshiped it. Intrigued by such knowledge, you make considerations for trusting such knowledge....which does not mesh with Gods Knowledge....so that dilemma becomes your dilemma, not mine.

You should know, Understanding Gods Word, is a gift from God for those who Trust in thee Lord God Almighty....and put away "other" gods. You do not appear to have accomplished that.
Hope you do, but it is your freewill to decide.

Glory to God,
Merry Christmas,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah, that isn't necessary anyway i guess, they are completely harmless once you know them, and they serve God too :)

Ok, so says you.

God Bless,
Merry Christmas,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
oh, i could Quote all that, it's in There alright

I will agree ALL serve God.
"ACCORDING TO HIS PURPOSE"...which is not Always service BY and THROUGH having Belief in Him.

God Bless,
Merry Christmas,
Taken

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you do? The Bible's answer.

SHAKE OFF THE DUST OF YOUR FEET.

It's the only answer to keep his peace. That peace is worth more than Anything.

When Harold Hill, author of How to live like a King's kid asked for his business partner to return the million dollars he'd loaned him on a handshake, the partner refused. He said Harold didn't deserve it! Harold fumed with anger. God asked him if he was an owner or a steward.

Harold went back to the man and said "you know that million dollars, well that's between you and God". Then Harold turned and walked off.

Shaking off the dust of your feet and walking off is as hard as it gets but to keep God's peace it is mandatory.. Not a choice.

God WILL deal with it in his time

Ecclesiastes 3:11 KJVS
He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.

Matthew 10:14 KJVS
And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.
It's hard to know when to walk away and when to act.

Whatever happened to Howard Hill - was there a sequel to the story? Did the cheating partner lose that money later? I like reading human interest stories that show God's truth at work and the law of sowing and reaping.

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's hard to know when to walk away and when to act.

Whatever happened to Howard Hill - was there a sequel to the story? Did the cheating partner lose that money later? I like reading human interest stories that show God's truth at work and the law of sowing and reaping.

Harold never said. The book is still available. Harold was a neat fellow. A brilliant engineer he designed a device in WWII to help start cranky bomber engines. I may read it again.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes.

Where did you understand me to say that?

Actually it sounded like they got away with shorting you.

The lawyer took out an additional $2k out of the estate for his "work" of harassing me - because the sick sister had control of the estate's purse strings. What they did was illegal - they're not allowed to alter a will. My husband said it was my father's fault for making the sister Executrix. She showed signs of unfairness and he wasn't smart enough to have someone else take control. I've since read that children should not be named as Executor. I'm changing our will after this so that none of our children are named. I would never want done to one of my children what was done to me. The worst damage was the stress of it. It was 11 months I had to fight it. The lawyer was a moral low-life - he lied constantly. The sister lied about her motives until we printed out the text message and it was in black and white. She lied. I told her she was sick with sin.

A couple of things...
1) God does not STOP bad behavior of people.
2) You have heard the Truth will set you free?
That applies to knowing Gods Truth, but as well it applies to knowing other people you may have to deal with.

If you are the one with an issue, be it law, or whatever, do your own research first, you find the answers, so you know what questions to ask a "lawyer", before you expect them to adequately, represent you.

You can report lawyers, but it will likely be a waste of time. You would have to show just cause they violated the law, and it sounds more like your lawyer was unorganized, unprepared and haphazard. Your recourse for that was to fire her on those grounds, and retain someone else to represent you.

My husband thought it would be a waste of time because lawyers govern other lawyers. He wasn't haphazard, he deliberately lied and tried to change the will and tried to force me to sign his accounting taking thousands from my share. He knew just what he was doing. He supposedly works for a "Christian" lawyer who knew everything going on. Some people are Christian until it comes to money. My husband thinks he's not a true Christian but only says he is to get extra business. He's very corrupt.

I don't understand why God made me go through it. I think both the sister and the lawyer should have been arrested. They broke the law. But the lawyer had a corrupt lawyer who shut down an investigation I tried to start. The one saving grace was the honest judge, but even she should have done more for his breaking the law. It wasn't an overnight issue. He harassed me for 11 months.

It is a choice. Walk with God on the straight and narrow....while remembering, many others do not choose the same as you.

Remember how Jesus was treated....expect the same. What people DID to Jesus did not STOP Him from His own walk. You do the same and don't worry about "retaliation" / Getting back, or dwell on it. The "hurt" on you is Exasperated
Because it was someone so close to you. Forgive her, and move on, or it will only keep you focused on your "hurt", and keep you from being focused on your "joy" of so many other things.

I'm trying to let it go. There is a window of time when I can still act and I hate to see that corrupt lawyer get away with doing that and then to take additional money from the estate. That's why I was struggling with whether to report it or not. I don't want to have any further dealings with that lying lawyer. I've prayed but don't see clearly what to do.

God Bless,
Taken

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Harold never said. The book is still available. Harold was a neat fellow. A brilliant engineer he designed a device in WWII to help start cranky bomber engines. I may read it again.
I would have liked to heard that the cheating partner later lost that money himself. My husband always tells me life is unfair but I always counter with "But God is fair." God is a God of Justice so I struggle with that.

Reactions: Nancy