What do you do when people don't want to hear the truth

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is more concerned with how we react to the wrongs done to us than with how we are treated. Many things will not be made right in our sight in our life.

Jesus as a man was tough. Strong. A real man's man. He is bound to have had physical things assault him yet he never complained. I cannot compare myself to him on any level.

I am afflicted but cry out. He was silent. If I only knew how to be just a bit how he was how fine that would be. My thankfulness and prayers fall far short. The vicious that prowl these forums would drive every spirit filled Christian away could they. Time and again I vow never to return again but a few decent souls with God dwelling in them tempt me to return. I hope my ignore list has sufficient space to contain all of the Alexanders.

Unless he sends me to others I avoid the conflicts that arise. Human beings have a propensity to squabble over everything. Even attempts to do well will be taken wrongly.

There are far worse things than an isolated existence. May all who seek God with a true and repentant heart and yield to his words, prosper and increase. He has not abandoned those that seek him. Amen

Last edited:
Reactions: Dave L
D

Dave L

God is more concerned with how we react to the wrongs done to us than with how we are treated. Many things will not be made right in our sight in our life.

Jesus as a man was tough. Strong. A real man's man. He is bound to have had physical things assault him yet he never complained. I cannot compare myself to him on any level.

I am afflicted but cry out. He was silent. If I only knew how to be just a bit how he was how fine that would be. My thankfulness and prayers fall far short. The vicious that prowl these forums would drive every spirit filled Christian away could they. Time and again I vow never to return again but a few decent souls with God dwelling in them tempt me to return.

Unless he sends me to others I avoid the conflicts that arise. Human beings have a propensity to squabble over everything. Even attempts to do well will be taken wrongly.

There are far worse things than an isolated existence. May all who seek God with a true and repentant heart and yield to his words, prosper and increase. He has not abandoned those that seek him. Amen
The various forums can be brutal, even at the hands of the moderators. But this is one of the more palatable forums I've found. It would be a challenge for all of us to speak only in love when we disagree based on our convictions.

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In answer to the question posed by the title of this thread:

As our Lord insinuated we are always to be prepared to give a reason for the hope that is in us (to share the Gospel message) in season and out of season that is when convenient for our listener not necessarily when convenient for ourselves. As ambassadors for Christ we should never be put out if we are call upon to give a reason for our hope, but should gladly sacrifice any inconvenience (to ourselves) to proclaim the glad tidings.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I am afflicted but cry out. He was silent. If I only knew how to be just a bit how he was how fine that would be. My thankfulness and prayers fall far short. The vicious that prowl these forums would drive every spirit filled Christian away could they. Time and again I vow never to return again but a few decent souls with God dwelling in them tempt me to return. I hope my ignore list has sufficient space to contain all of the Alexanders.

I have had enough Alexanders in my experience too. The worst thing done to me was done by another Christian. God never really showed me that she was repaid for her vile evil. A Christian youth pastor did something evil to my family, but I did see him brought down: his family was shamed in the nationwide news - not just the local news; the nationwide news. They lost their business. They still have a "church" however that we think they use to live off the donations - they're that corrupt. So I know what you mean about Alexanders (or Judas Iscariots). I'm glad that you've kept coming back. I think Satan wants to drive people away and make the body lose that person's gifts.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The various forums can be brutal, even at the hands of the moderators. But this is one of the more palatable forums I've found. It would be a challenge for all of us to speak only in love when we disagree based on our convictions.

I was on another forum that was brutal. People reminded me of little kids - they were always reporting things to the moderators. The moderators weren't even-handed in how they based their decisions and they didn't want to be questioned. I was hurt a lot and they didn't care. So I've found this forum to be milder.

Reactions: Taken and Dave L
D

Dave L

I was on another forum that was brutal. People reminded me of little kids - they were always reporting things to the moderators. The moderators weren't even-handed in how they based their decisions and they didn't want to be questioned. I was hurt a lot and they didn't care. So I've found this forum to be milder.
I can probably identify the forum by your description. We need a support group for those who suffer long term effects from posting there.:)

Reactions: Nancy

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can probably identify the forum by your description. We need a support group for those who suffer long term effects from posting there.:)
What a novel idea! I read about complaints online of at least two forums. I was deeply hurt but it's funny it turned out for the best because I've met some nice people on this forum and I've grown much more than I would have otherwise. I think it can help us too because if we're hurt we don't want others to be hurt like we have been. Hopefully it makes us a little more aware of how we affect others' feelings.

Reactions: Nancy and Dave L

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would have liked to heard that the cheating partner later lost that money himself. My husband always tells me life is unfair but I always counter with "But God is fair." God is a God of Justice so I struggle with that.

I have heard it said that God is Just but not fair...could be true when, in our own eyes, we might think of the vineyard workers who all got paid the same, when some worked from sun up till sundown and others came in at the last hour or so...
Matthew 20:1-16
“For the kingdom of heaven is like a landowner who went out early in the morning to hire laborers for his vineyard. 2 Now when he had agreed with the laborers for a denarius a day, he sent them into his vineyard. 3 And he went out about the third hour and saw others standing idle in the marketplace, 4 and said to them, ‘You also go into the vineyard, and whatever is right I will give you.’ So they went. 5 Again he went out about the sixth and the ninth hour, and did likewise. 6 And about the eleventh hour he went out and found others standing idle, and said to them, ‘Why have you been standing here idle all day?’7 They said to him, ‘Because no one hired us.’ He said to them, ‘You also go into the vineyard, and whatever is right you will receive.’

8 “So when evening had come, the owner of the vineyard said to his steward, ‘Call the laborers and give them theirwages, beginning with the last to the first.’ 9 And when those came who were hired about the eleventh hour, they each received a denarius. 10 But when the first came, they supposed that they would receive more; and they likewise received each a denarius. 11 And when they had received it,they complained against the landowner, 12 saying, ‘These last men have worked only one hour, and you made them equal to us who have borne the burden and the heat of the day.’ 13 But he answered one of them and said, ‘Friend, I am doing you no wrong. Did you not agree with me for a denarius? 14 Take what is yours and go your way. I wish to give to this last man the same as to you. 15 many are called, but few chosen.”

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have had enough Alexanders in my experience too. The worst thing done to me was done by another Christian. God never really showed me that she was repaid for her vile evil. A Christian youth pastor did something evil to my family, but I did see him brought down: his family was shamed in the nationwide news - not just the local news; the nationwide news. They lost their business. They still have a "church" however that we think they use to live off the donations - they're that corrupt. So I know what you mean about Alexanders (or Judas Iscariots). I'm glad that you've kept coming back. I think Satan wants to drive people away and make the body lose that person's gifts.

Do remember this scripture, I'm sure you do.

2Thessalonians 1:6
For indeed it is righteous with God to repay those oppressing you with affliction,

I've both seen, heard and read of those that God repaid. Some with death.

A sawyer running a head rig at a large western sawmill kept mocking a Christian for his witness. This went on and on. The logs they were sawing were huge and they used steam to do everything. One day a log wasn't clear when another one was being fed onto the carriage. When the sawyer set the feed to move the carriage to the saw it fired the log through the Sawyer's cab killing him instantly. Everyone knew his opposition to the gospel. He mocked God once too often.

A friend working for Mo-pac had another that mocked him. The man was stricken with "emerods"! They were so bad he couldn't work.

Two years ago satan tried to kill me in a car wreck but God saved me sure enough. Our first new car in twelve years was a total loss with $16K damage. I received a concussion.

After waiting for a settlement for two years we finally received a check a couple of weeks ago. FIVE months after it was written, coming in a beat up envelope. The cash by date had expired two months ago. We had to go around the world to finally get our due money and still came out behind.

A few years ago I was doing contract design work for a company building a water park in Memphis Tennessee. Everyone on the project received their checks on time except me. It was Christmas eve and the bank called saying several of my checks had been returned.

I called my employer who was also a friend and explained the situation. He told me to drive over to Hot Springs and he would give me whatever I needed so we all jumped in the car.

In a hurry on Christmas eve I was stopped for speeding. The officer asked the perfect question. "Mr Jennings where are you going"? I answered "well let me tell you".

He listened thoughtfully, smiled and said just watch your speed and ya'll have a merry Christmas. We got some money and later F ound that the parent company had many bank accounts and had written my checks from a depleted one. After that boondoggle things straightened out.

After 53 years of marriage my wife and I just look at each other when these afflictions come and know we're not dancing to a new tune. Ha hahahaha!

When our second child Joanna was born it was a tough time. Finally we got home exhausted with our new beautiful daughter. No sooner had we gotten home the hospital called and said we needed to bring our baby back. Her jaundice level was too high and needed treatment. Even after having a Caesarian section my brave wife and two year old son Nathan climbed back into our truck for another fifty mile trip to the Little Rock Hospital. I carried our wee bundle back upstairs to the maternity ward. A nurse met me and I handed over my heart to her. Though that was 36 years ago I still recall the depth of compassion coming from that nurse's eyes. When I got back to the parking lot my truck wouldn't start. I felt as if the world were on my shoulders. I rolled up my sleeves and solved the problem. But God helped me and my wife through and five days later we got to bring our little girl home. She lived with us for 15 wonderful years until her life was whisked away with the help of a drinking driver. He was killed as was his twenty something year old disabled daughter. One sinner destroys, kills much good. It was best for that man to not to have to face me such was my hurt and rage at him.

Tribulation is tribulation whether it comes through daily events or a wicked person or one ignorantly being controlled by Satan.

When we finally received God's promise of a child, a son, and my wife was pregnant we were overjoyed but tribulation struck. Satan attacked my body so that everything I are turned to water within15 minutes of eating. I lost weight and was white as that proverbial sheet. Here we were waiting on our miracle baby and fighting this. Through prayer and faith I fought my way through but it took months of spiritual warfare. Many deliverances are not as soon as we would like. THROUGH MUCH TRIBULATION DO WE ENTER INTO THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN. T

The pathway to heaven is awash with the tears of those traveling to the Heavenly city.

We all reproach ourselves for not having enough faith. But the Holy Spirit told me this.
The continuity of our prayers even though we see no improvement is faith at it's best. Continuing to believe that God is for you when everything else says different.

Instant deliverance, healing, wisdom and strength is inspiring. But to hang in there day after day after others have given up is a faith gift for from God.

It's that indefinable something that causes us to pray again and again even though a million devils are screaming it is useless.

Tribulation works patience. Patience works experience. What experience? That God will deliver us if we don't give up.

God will take care of the evil doers in his own way and in his own time. Leave them to him. Vengeance is HIS and he will repay them to their face. Don't fret yourself they are on God's calendar. AMEN

Deuteronomy 7:10

But those who hate Him He repays to their faces with destruction; He will not hesitate to repay to his face the one who hates Him.

Last edited:

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have heard it said that God is Just but not fair...could be true when, in our own eyes, we might think of the vineyard workers who all got paid the same, when some worked from sun up till sundown and others came in at the last hour or so...
Matthew 20:1-16

“For the kingdom of heaven is like a landowner who went out early in the morning to hire laborers for his vineyard. 2 Now when he had agreed with the laborers for a denarius a day, he sent them into his vineyard. 3 And he went out about the third hour and saw others standing idle in the marketplace, 4 and said to them, ‘You also go into the vineyard, and whatever is right I will give you.’ So they went. 5 Again he went out about the sixth and the ninth hour, and did likewise. 6 And about the eleventh hour he went out and found others standing idle, and said to them, ‘Why have you been standing here idle all day?’7 They said to him, ‘Because no one hired us.’ He said to them, ‘You also go into the vineyard, and whatever is right you will receive.’

8 “So when evening had come, the owner of the vineyard said to his steward, ‘Call the laborers and give them theirwages, beginning with the last to the first.’ 9 And when those came who were hired about the eleventh hour, they each received a denarius. 10 But when the first came, they supposed that they would receive more; and they likewise received each a denarius. 11 And when they had received it,they complained against the landowner, 12 saying, ‘These last men have worked only one hour, and you made them equal to us who have borne the burden and the heat of the day.’ 13 But he answered one of them and said, ‘Friend, I am doing you no wrong. Did you not agree with me for a denarius? 14 Take what is yours and go your way. I wish to give to this last man the same as to you. 15 many are called, but few chosen.”

That's an example but I'm unsure what this parable means. All through the bible God talks of being a just God, yet often everything is unjust - Scripture even says "let him who is unjust be unjust still" so apparently justice is important to God.

I like to see the truth in real life. Sometimes I haven't, and I've seen people get away with much evil. My husband always says you don't know what's going on in their lives. Sometimes I have seen it, yet other times not, and I wonder why.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

For indeed it is righteous with God to repay those oppressing you with affliction,

A sawyer running a head rig at a large western sawmill kept mocking a Christian for his witness. This went on and on. The logs they were sawing were huge and they used steam to do everything. One day a log wasn't clear when another one was being fed onto the carriage. When the sawyer set the feed to move the carriage to the saw it fired the log through the Sawyer's cab killing him instantly. Everyone knew his opposition to the gospel. He mocked God once too often.

A friend working for Mo-pac had another that mocked him. The man was stricken with "emerods"! They were so bad he couldn't work.

Two years ago satan tried to kill me in a car wreck but God saved me sure enough. Our first new car in twelve years was a total loss with $16K damage. I received a concussion.

After waiting for a settlement for two years we finally received a check a couple of weeks ago. FIVE months after it was written, coming in a beat up envelope. The cash by date had expired two months ago. We had to go around the world to finally get our due money and still came out behind.

A few years ago I was doing contract design work for a company building a water park in Memphis Tennessee. Everyone on the project received their checks on time except me. It was Christmas eve and the bank called saying several of my checks had been returned.

I called my employer who was also a friend and explained the situation. He told me to drive over to Hot Springs and he would give me whatever I needed so we all jumped in the car.

In a hurry on Christmas eve I was stopped for speeding. The officer asked the perfect question. "Mr Jennings where are you going"? I answered "well let me tell you".

He listened thoughtfully, smiled and said just watch your speed and ya'll have a merry Christmas. We got some money and later F ound that the parent company had many bank accounts and had written my checks from a depleted one. After that boondoggle things straightened out.

After 53 years of marriage my wife and I just look at each other when these afflictions come and know we're not dancing to a new tune. Ha hahahaha!

When our second child Joanna was born it was a tough time. Finally we got home exhausted with our new beautiful daughter. No sooner had we gotten home the hospital called and said we needed to bring our baby back. Her jaundice level was too high and needed treatment. Even after having a Caesarian section my brave wife and two year old son Nathan climbed back into our truck for another fifty mile trip to the Little Rock Hospital. I carried our wee bundle back upstairs to the maternity ward. A nurse met me and I handed over my heart to her. Though that was 36 years ago I still recall the depth of compassion coming from that nurse's eyes. When I got back to the parking lot my truck wouldn't start. I felt as if the world were on my shoulders. I rolled up my sleeves and solved the problem. But God helped me and my wife through and five days later we got to bring our little girl home. She lived with us for 15 wonderful years until her life was whisked away with the help of a drinking driver. He was killed as was his twenty something year old disabled daughter. One sinner destroys, kills much good. It was best for that man to not to have to face me such was my hurt and rage at him.

Tribulation is tribulation whether it comes through daily events or a wicked person or one ignorantly being controlled by Satan.

When we finally received God's promise of a child, a son, and my wife was pregnant we were overjoyed but tribulation struck. Satan attacked my body so that everything I are turned to water within15 minutes of eating. I lost weight and was white as that proverbial sheet. Here we were waiting on our miracle baby and fighting this. Through prayer and faith I fought my way through but it took months of spiritual warfare. Many deliverances are not as soon as we would like. THROUGH MUCH TRIBULATION DO WE ENTER INTO THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN. T

The pathway to heaven is awash with the tears of those traveling to the Heavenly city.

We all reproach ourselves for not having enough faith. But the Holy Spirit told me this.
The continuity of our prayers even though we see no improvement is faith at it's best. Continuing to believe that God is for you when everything else says different.

Instant deliverance, healing, wisdom and strength is inspiring. But to hang in there day after day after others have given up is a faith gift for from God.

It's that indefinable something that causes us to pray again and again even though a million devils are screaming it is useless.

Tribulation works patience. Patience works experience. What experience? That God will deliver us if we don't give up.

God will take care of the evil doers in his own way and in his own time. Leave them to him. Vengeance is HIS and he will repay them to their face. Don't fret yourself they are on God's calendar. AMEN

But those who hate Him He repays to their faces with destruction; He will not hesitate to repay to his face the one who hates Him.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This touched me deeply Frank - and you gave some good Scripture verses I had forgotten - I just wish I could see them come to pass. I have been through many many trials and I'll tell you that it has made me want to leave. I'm also grieving the loss of our little terrier now which has added sorrow. She was a tiny little thing, but as loyal a dog as anyone would want. Years ago when my grandson was small, I was carrying his things into the house when a huge dog came into the yard and towards me. Dogs usually take to me since I love animals so I didn't feel any fear. But my terrier did - she knew something was up. Dogs sense something in other dogs - and in people. I pay attention when a dog doesn't like someone. I saw her jump with her little legs to try to snap at this big dog's neck - giving no thought to her size and her own safety. She did it just as the dog lunged at me and bit me. She thwarted the attack. The dog bit me in the hip, but didn't even break the skin - I was able to reach the house to safety. So I miss her really bad, and I prayed over her and baptized her in my tears before my husband took her to the vet for her last ride. I know God will let me see her again but separation is hard. The house seems so empty without her. I keep thinking she's going to come walking up to me, or greet us when we come in the door. I miss her loyalty.

But I had a loss much worse, that I can't relive or share, the grief of which came up from my soul. The depths of grief that Job must have felt, or "Rachel weeping for her children because they are no more." Someone did something evil - and it causes me grief beyond what I thought I could bear. It involved betrayal "from mine own familiar friend in whom I trusted." The person is a Christian and the evil of her heart was worse than any evil that came from an unsaved individual. Two pastors told me she's sick in her head. Yet after committing evil beyond human comprehension, the sick-sin person had the gall to come to a place I was at, knowing the grief she inflicted and sat there, oblivious in her ugliness. It tore at me and made my suffering even worse. I begged God for justice. I still am. I've prayed the imprecatory psalms. I haven't prayed for someone's child to be fatherless as David prayed, but I wholeheartedly believe that those who inflict such suffering on another should suffer to the same extent themselves. I've told God this. He has yet to show me that this person has been repaid for the dark evil they did. She's an extremely selfish person and has gotten a lot of government assistance, yet wouldn't help you if she saw you laying in the street about to get hit by a truck. I hate the thought of her getting money from my family via our taxes because I know how evil she is. That's another thing I saw that shaped my views on "the needy." She wouldn't lift a hand to help you yet the government saw that she was given of our labors.

I know the depth of loss that you experienced with your daughter, and it made me sad to read of what happened to her. These are things that tear at my brain. How God could let another's sin wreak so much harm. It doesn't make sense and I can't excuse it with platitudes. I've seen times - such as when my terrier saved me from a dog attack, when God's providence seemed to work - yet other times when such ugly evil from another's sinful heart was allowed free rein. I don't understand it. I don't excuse God - and He says He wants truth in our inmost being - and I've told Him truth - I don't think He should have let this world go on as is with such human and animal suffering - all because of one couple's sin? It's sick to me. I don't understand why a drunk would take your daughter and yet people who have done much evil are walking around on this earth and aren't removed before they do more evil. And no explanation works - I've tried them all. I hate to hear "we live in a sinful world" - sometimes the wrong words can inflict more suffering on someone.

I have had a difficult life, with many severe spiritual attacks and then was damaged in a procedure and live every day with severe problems from it. It was a snare that I didn't foresee and God didn't protect me from. We live our days out in seconds, and every second I bear the burdens and don't understand - and the going on and going on gets hard. It causes me a lot of physical suffering. At times I've asked Him to not let me wake up but I wake up and go through another day of it. I pray to God all day every day. Yet nothing changes, so I identify with your words: The continuity of our prayers even though we see no improvement is faith at its best. Continuing to believe that God is for you when everything else says different.

I could have written Psalm 73 because I see the wicked prosper and it hurts. My family and I have been victimized by evil people and God hasn't chosen to let me see all of them receive for the evil they've done. I've seen a few times when people finally were stopped in their evil but other times my prayers seem to avail nothing. I've turned away from God - especially when I was injured - but where else do you go? There is no place to go. So I reluctantly go on and try to get through each day really not wanting to be here. I've had my fill of this place. Please don't think I'm suicidal - I'm not - I'm a realist. I try very hard to face truth, and the truth is that this place sucks. I even regret bringing children into this world. My suffering is multiplied whenever anything hurts them.

I just spoke with a pastor's wife from our church who told me her daughter has mental problems from when her friend was murdered when she was small. I don't understand God. Why was that child allowed to be born to suffer a horrible murder? And sometimes there isn't any way make excuses for Him and those meaningless platitudes some people say can sometimes do more harm than good.

Sometimes the lawyer's words bother me that I talked to when he said "There is no God! That's why you're suffering." He must have been tormented to listen to the worst, most vile things by those hurt by someone who was supposed to represent God - Catholic priests. The utter sense of betrayal is beyond what anyone could bear. I didn't know what to say to him, and whatever I said wouldn't have been enough because the evil was too great and God didn't protect those people. I guess I'm shakier about life the longer I've lived - the less I want to be here and the more I worry about my family. I see that God doesn't protect people. I honestly hope God ends this world soon but I'll probably continue to suffer until I die, not seeing it. I underwent surgery and was severely under-treated for pain after having my flesh cut open with surgical knives. My husband took me to the ER and it was full of people using it for free medical care. I was doubled over, barely able to stand and the callous hospital staff didn't take me in. I begged my husband to ask them to take me, but he sometimes misses the depth of things and isn't as vocal as he should have been. Finally I told him to take me back to our daughters. He then left to go to work. I rolled around in agony - for hours. It's a wonder no one from the apartment complex called police, thinking that someone was being murdered. All I wanted to do was escape that pain. Thoughts of suicide hammered me and I came close. The only reason I didn't was because I didn't want my daughter coming back to find me that way. Why did I have to go through that? Nothing makes sense. Maybe it was Satan blocking me from receiving medical attention - it was likely him urging me to end it. But why did God let me suffer? Nothing in life makes sense to me anymore.

Why would He let my terrier protect me one time, yet at another time evil come against me so great that I almost can't bear it? I know I'm only one more believer down through the ages that can't understand God. It just makes me not want to be here. I love my family but I'm shaky about this life. That's truth in my inmost being. My husband told me he sometimes can't stand going to church with everyone smiling and putting an act on. There are many nice people at our church but I see his point. Sometimes those raw feelings with God can't be swept under the rug.

Last edited:
D

Dave L

I have a few similar experiences where God brought judgement against enemies. Once a banker wanted me to press charges on a man who bounced a check off of me for a considerable amount. The banker was furious when I told him I would pay instead. He was pounding the desk with his fists, red in the face and mean. Within a year he was in the federal pen for one of his own ill fated endeavors.

Once as a factory manager I told the owners I would have the workers produce a fair amount of work for a fair wage. They came through but it meant I was on my way out. Long story short, two died of cancer in about a year and God provided me with a better job and early retirement out of my own pocket.

There are other experiences I could share of God's providence when we love our enemies instead of taking things into our own hands.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a few similar experiences where God brought judgement against enemies. Once a banker wanted me to press charges on a man who bounced a check off of me for a considerable amount. The banker was furious when I told him I would pay instead. He was pounding the desk with his fists, red in the face and mean. Within a year he was in the federal pen for one of his own ill fated endeavors.

Once as a factory manager I told the owners I would have the workers produce a fair amount of work for a fair wage. They came through but it meant I was on my way out. Long story short, two died of cancer in about a year and God provided me with a better job and early retirement out of my own pocket.

There are other experiences I could share of God's providence when we love our enemies instead of taking things into our own hands.
I would have liked to see a few evil people in the federal pen for a few things. They weren't. But it is good to be encouraged by your experiences when you have seen that God does see the pain someone causes and does repay - but it's infinitely hard when you don't see it.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
That's an example but I'm unsure what this parable means. All through the bible God talks of being a just God, yet often everything is unjust - Scripture even says "let him who is unjust be unjust still" so apparently justice is important to God.

I like to see the truth in real life. Sometimes I haven't, and I've seen people get away with much evil. My husband always says you don't know what's going on in their lives. Sometimes I have seen it, yet other times not, and I wonder why.
Part of the point is that God reserves judgment, while He continues to fulfill His purposes.

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's easy to tell others to forgive until it's your turn. For a small thing easier... maybe.

But now it touches you... Job was told. Let us observe then.

When a massive tragedy or wrong afflicts us then we will know where we really are with forgiveness.

Job then said... The things I said would never do or have anything to do with have become as my sorrowful meal. Large happenings involving others are not just about us. He's working on others through events we have not been given to understand

I have seen the disaster of never and always. It's been said that God weekly asks for a list of those who said never and always.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I kind of see that scripture as being faithful and grateful, all of the workers agreed to work for a Denaria (?) The workers who started early felt jipped, and I probably would have too, lol. But...could it not be speaking of once and agreement is made, it is made. There were no other specifications for their pay but...all agreed to the same thing :/
There is spiritual war taking place in the Heavens and, we are seeing Satan's influence more and more through unbelievers. I see people getting away with evil almost everyday! But...they really are NOT getting away with anything...God sees all and all will come out in the wash. Remember, we were promised trials of all kinds in this life and that does not exclude Christians, but our reaction to them should be different than the world's...IMHO. ♥

Reactions: Soverign Grace

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's easy to tell others to forgive until it's your turn. For a small thing easier... maybe.

But now it touches you... Job was told. Let us observe then.

When a massive tragedy or wrong afflicts us then we will know where we really are with forgiveness.

Job then said... The things I said would never do or have anything to do with have become as my sorrowful meal. Large happenings involving others are not just about us. He's working on others through events we have not been given to understand

I have seen the disaster of never and always. It's been said that God weekly asks for a list of those who said never and always.
Yes - as Job's friends sitting in judgment of him - no one can know the depth of another's suffering and sometimes the worst thing people can do is point the accusing finger. I had a pastor's wife do that to me - I'll never forget her judgmental, unloving face, contorted into a scowl, pointing her bony finger at me. And that's Christian love - to be abusive and DEMAND you forgive another? That was one of the sillier things I've seen. It was as if she thought that being the pastor's wife conferred on her some unspoken rule that she was to be judge and jury. She did more harm than good.

It's similar to when Joseph was thrown in prison, it was said that the chains or the iron went into his soul. There is a depth of hurt that goes deep and no one can order you, cajole you, or convince you to forgive when that wound is burning. In church a woman who had attempted suicide was there with a look of depression on her face. One of the men went up and grabbed other people around her and loudly announced that what she needed was song, and awkwardly stood around singing. It was such a fool thing - I don't know how he thought he could force this woman in deep emotional pain to snap out of it with a song. If anything he tormented her. She didn't sing. It's like practicing mental health counseling without a license. It would be interesting to know the statistics of how many people are wounded in the church. Sometimes even something well-intentioned can add to someone's grief.

I was in the supermarket and I recognize when someone is going through the dark night of the soul. The woman ahead of me had apparently been through something and had that look of desperate pain. The young male clerk admonished her. "You have such a long face! Why don't you smile!" It was hard to watch the woman attempt to conform to someone's expectations and paste a fake smile on. It was hard to watch. I said "I don't smile on command." He gave me a dirty look but the woman looked thankful that I understood. Sometimes nothing can bring you out of those feelings. The pain is too deep.

I remember after that person did unspeakable evil and I had to attend a funeral where she was. She's sick in her mind and after she did evil, attempted to sit there and proselytize about how this evil was going to bring another person to the Lord. I read people well and she had this triumphant sick smile on her face - I told my husband about it and it made him sick. He said she couldn't contain herself, she was happy that she had harmed our family. She lied and attempted to feign innocence - it was the most manipulative evil I've ever encountered and I've encountered some evil through my life. I read the book "The Road Less Traveled" years ago and the psychologist talked about people who were evil. He told the story of a family whose son had shot and killed himself. He was counseling the brother who told him that his parents gave him a gun for Christmas. The psychologist Scott Peck asked him "your parents gave you a gun for Christmas?" Which he found odd after the boys brother had shot and killed himself. The boy answered: "No, they gave me THE gun for Christmas. The one my brother shot himself with." That's evil. Without committing a "crime" those parents committed unspeakable evil. Without saying a word they committed evil.

Those parents didn't go to jail - just like this evil "Christian" person didn't go to jail, but the evil she committed reminded me of that story - it's entrenched evil, evil that can be well-hidden or otherwise slip undetected by - until you really look carefully. Some people have a cunning rivaling the evil one. I've since come to see that sometimes the most evil people are those on the outside of the jail not inside. And some can hold respectable positions and some can masquerade as Christians.

That person fools a lot of people. But it reminds me of the priest abuse cases the lawyer told me about. Satan masquerades as an angel of light. The evil person is sick to watch the way she fawns all over people at church and elsewhere. It's only when one gets close that they see what's really there. It's the evil the priests did - masqueraded as helpers and youth mentors. I think some of Satan's best tools are those who appear to do good works, or masquerade as Christians or do-gooders. Because then they can really blindside and work much evil because they're hiding under a cloak of righteousness.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I kind of see that scripture as being faithful and grateful, all of the workers agreed to work for a Denaria (?) The workers who started early felt jipped, and I probably would have too, lol. But...could it not be speaking of once and agreement is made, it is made. There were no other specifications for their pay but...all agreed to the same thing :/
There is spiritual war taking place in the Heavens and, we are seeing Satan's influence more and more through unbelievers. I see people getting away with evil almost everyday! But...they really are NOT getting away with anything...God sees all and all will come out in the wash. Remember, we were promised trials of all kinds in this life and that does not exclude Christians, but our reaction to them should be different than the world's...IMHO. ♥
I didn't think that was fair to pay those that only worked a short time the same as those who had worked the long hours. I don't understand that verse but on face value it seems wrong. I feel like God built that sins of justice into us.

There is a spiritual war and it appears to be growing worse. I'm trying to come to terms with God and Him appearing to not hold people accountable and righting injustices. I'm trying to get to a point of faith that He will bring all things into judgment. It's just very hard when you don't see it and I haven't gotten to a point of peace about it. I always feel like I have to do something. I just wonder how others come to terms with it. I see the same confusion in others. I was speaking with a man who we rented a place off of when we traveled, and he shared how upset he was at things the government was doing that let a lot of people out on the street and theft became rampant in the neighborhood. It's that same sense of confusion or troubled feelings I get that I saw in him. You're seeing wrong things but yet don't have the power to change them. It's hard to maintain that faith in God when time passes and you don't see him answer heartfelt prayers.

Reactions: Nancy