What do you emphasize?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the most important aspect of your Christian life? What do you talk about most? What do you want others, both Christian and nonchristian, to know about your relationship with Jesus?

Correct interpretation of the Bible?

Consequences of not obeying God?

God's character?

Humanities' character?

Prayer?

Doctrine?

Your Church?

Aspects of your redeeming relationship?

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Feel free to lead by example.

No, actually I am going to feel free to ask questions in my OP rather than state what I believe and engage in a narrow discussion, which consists of defending my opinion against other opinions - too many threads start out or end up like this. Instead, I am interested in hearing what people believe is important in their relationship with Christ.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
But anyone else who posts ends up facing the same scrutiny or being told "Sorry, that wasn't actually what I was asking about."

These "call out" threads where people ask what others believe without telling first tend to grow and often lead to ambushes.

rand

Sep 10, 2012
I'll go first, I'm not afraid: My Father has my back :)

To me, the most important aspect of my relationship with Jesus is Grace. I spent my whole life in a demonination that didn't emphasize Grace nearly enough. When I found grace the hard way, it changed everything. I used to pray about 30 mins a day and read my Bible about the same amount of time. I went to every bible study I could find, and never missed Church--if the doors were open, I was there.

Now, I spend my whole day in prayer--I truly pray without ceasing. I talk to Him and He talks to me. It's nothing formal and pretentious (or religious) like it used to be, we just hangout and talk like best friends. It has given me a heart for my brothers and sisters in Christ for them to experience Him the way I do. Most of them reject what I've learned from Him.

I wish I would have spent more of my last 40 years knowing Him instead of knowing about Him.

When we love someone who doesn't love us back, we hurt because we have lost out on something. When He loves someone who doesn't love Him back, He hurts because they have lost out on something amazing.

Grace, grace, grace. It truly is enough.

Reactions: aspen

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll go first, I'm not afraid: My Father has my back :)

To me, the most important aspect of my relationship with Jesus is Grace. I spent my whole life in a demonination that didn't emphasize Grace nearly enough. When I found grace the hard way, it changed everything. I used to pray about 30 mins a day and read my Bible about the same amount of time. I went to every bible study I could find, and never missed Church--if the doors were open, I was there.

Now, I spend my whole day in prayer--I truly pray without ceasing. I talk to Him and He talks to me. It's nothing formal and pretentious (or religious) like it used to be, we just hangout and talk like best friends. It has given me a heart for my brothers and sisters in Christ for them to experience Him the way I do. Most of them reject what I've learned from Him.

I wish I would have spent more of my last 40 years knowing Him instead of knowing about Him.

When we love someone who doesn't love us back, we hurt because we have lost out on something. When He loves someone who doesn't love Him back, He hurts because they have lost out on something amazing.

Grace, grace, grace. It truly is enough.

AMEN!!