• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's the only answer.

As the "new man you are" is the only one that God sees.
And that is what I believe and even taught this morning to my adult sunday school class. but that still does not mean that at times you will make a contrary choice and choose the old man (though god has declared HIm dead and no longer sees him) and commit sin. Christians are the only people who are truly schizophrenic on earth. We have the new nature which is being conformed to the image of Jesus and th eold nature which can do nothing but sin. We choose which we will obey as Paul so amply taught in many of his epistles.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
And that is what I believe and even taught this morning to my adult sunday school class. but that still does not mean that at times you will make a contrary choice

The born again Spirit, is the Son/Daughter of God.

This is completed, as "the new creation in Christ".

When we learn to see ourselves this way, then we have God's perspective of who we have become as "The righteousness of God in Christ".

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Paul may not have- but JOhn certainly did!

If we say we have sin, when "God hath made Jesus to be sin for us", then we have not yet understood 1 John 1:9, is not doctrine or instruction regarding a believer.

See, its not a good idea to confess sin, that Jesus has taken care of, on the Cross, forever, = "Jesus is the one time Eternal Sacrifice for sin"...

However, because we have a conscience, and because it stings if not obeyed, then there is nothing wrong with having a talk with God, in those times.

So, read 1 John 3:9, as that one is for the born again.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Devil is real, and he is always trying to cause "strife, and confusion and every evil work"

So, Paul is our teacher, and his doctrine came from Jesus.
= Can't go wrong there .....

Here is your sin..

"God hath made JESUS to be sin for us.".. as.. "the ONE TIME>.. ETERNAL... Sacrifice..for sins"..
Jesus said.."If you dont believe in me, that im the Savior, the Messiah, then you will die in your Sins", and that is because Christ never became their "sin bearer"..
He has become ours.. and = forever.
Jesus has your sins, and died for them all.
We have God's "Gift of Righteousness" that is God's "Gift of Salvation"... and that is our "eternal life". REGAINED>.. that Adam lost.

wE have even more.

"heir of God"
"Joint heir with Jesus"..

and so much more.
Good to see you back on board. :)

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we say we have sin, when "God hath made Jesus to be sin for us", then we have not yet understood 1 John 1:9, is not doctrine or instruction regarding a believer.

See, its not a good idea to confess sin, that Jesus has taken care of, on the Cross, forever, = "Jesus is the one time Eternal Sacrifice for sin"...

However, because we have a conscience, and because it stings if not obeyed, then there is nothing wrong with having a talk with God, in those times.

So, read 1 John 3:9, as that one is for the born again.
You should be on a game show. You know how to play with words to not admit you sin. We confess to keep fellowship open, not to keep our relationship, which is eternally secure.

And all three epistles of JOhn are for believers! JOhn was not writing to the heathen, but to as he put it:

1 John 2

King James Version

2 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

12 I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake.

13 I write unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I write unto you, young men, because ye have overcome the wicked one. I write unto you, little children, because ye have known the Father.

14 I have written unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one.

18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

28 And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.

1 John 3

King James Version

3 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

I could keep going, but know this my poor deluded brother- John was most definitely writing to and for believers!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
2 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

Yes, and notice that he does not tell the little children to confess their sin.

Why is that?
Because we already have an Advocate in Heaven, who is making intercession for the believer.
We already have a BLOOD ATONEMENT< that is the "One time eternal Sacrifice for our sin". = our ADVOCATE who is "Christ Crucified'.

Its amazing that you have no idea about any of this, and yet they let you teach a class in your church.
Not a good idea to teach that Jesus is not our eternal blood atonement.

Notice, @Ronald Nolette

= This is why 1 John 3:9 says we can't sin....as this SEED remains in us.. and we are "In Christ", and there is no sin found there.

Last edited:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, and notice that he does not tell the little children to confess their sin.

Why is that?
Because we already have an Advocate in Heaven, who is making intercession for the believer.
We already have a BLOOD ATONEMENT< that is the "One time eternal Sacrifice for our sin". = our ADVOCATE.

This is why 1 John 3:9 says we can't sin....as this SEED remains in us.. and we are "In Christ", and there is no sin found there.
Once is enough! He said it in 1:9. He doesn't need to repeat it over and over and over and over again in the same letter. You may demand it, but believers with reading skills know that this once was enough!- in addressing them.

And once again you do not seem to know the difference between our position which is etrnally secure (our relationship with god as His children) and our daily experience as His children in day to day living. Sin can never take away our sonship, but living in unconfessed sin as a believer does block our fellowship with god until we confess (more accurately acknowledge). It is not to wipe out judgment- that was already done, but to keep our daily walk with clean unhampered!

But as you do not recognize a believer can sin, you have a serious problem and probably have a mountain blocking your intimacy with your Father in heaven.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Once is enough! He said it in 1:9.

Good try.

But that is not how those verse work.

See, in 1 John 1:9, Peter does not call them Little Children....

So, you kinda didnt read your BIBLE, to find that out.. .and now that you have pointed out about the "little Children" you now can read 1 John 1:9, ad notice that he never calls them that.

My advice.
Stop trying to teach, and start trying to listen as you have so much to learn.
You are here.
Hebrews 6:1, for way too many YEARS.

Now if you go back and read 1 Jn 1 :5.. carefully.
And you will find that John says that he is Declaring a mesaage to the 1 John 1:9 unbelievers.

That Message is the Gospel..

Now compared all that to 1 John 3:9, as that is written to the born again.

Remember reader.. .These apostle were Preachers who wrote letters.

The Preaching was the main thing, and sometimes, a letter is referencing, them preaching to the Lost.

Such as 1 John 1:9

or

Hebrews 10:26 or Acts 28:28

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And that is what I believe and even taught this morning to my adult sunday school class. but that still does not mean that at times you will make a contrary choice and choose the old man (though god has declared HIm dead and no longer sees him) and commit sin. Christians are the only people who are truly schizophrenic on earth. We have the new nature which is being conformed to the image of Jesus and th eold nature which can do nothing but sin. We choose which we will obey as Paul so amply taught in many of his epistles.
God sees all of me. He works with me to overcome the old man.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sin can never take away our sonship, but living in unconfessed sin as a believer does block our fellowship with god until we confess (more accurately acknowledge). It is not to wipe out judgment- that was already done, but to keep our daily walk with clean unhampered!
I would disagree with you on this point. I find that God is just the same with me even if I sin, which makes it more of a heartbreaker, but also gives me greater hope to overcome.

Much love!

Last edited:
Reactions: Pearl

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would disagree with you on this point. I find that God is just the same with me even if I sin, which makes it more of a heartbreaker, but also gives me greater hope to overcome.

Much love!
Are you saying then you believe you can lose your salvation?

Reactions: marks

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good try.

But that is not how those verse work.

See, in 1 John 1:9, Peter does not call them Little Children....
But He addressed the letter to his little children., and it is John and not Peter. Do you think he needs to say little children after every factual statement?
So, you kinda didnt read your BIBLE, to find that out.. .and now that you have pointed out about the "little Children" you now can read 1 John 1:9, ad notice that he never calls them that.
Well seeing as he says little children multiple times and addresses believers throughout the letter- it is now encumbent upon you to prove that this one passage is carved out and does not pertain to believers.
My advice.
Stop trying to teach, and start trying to listen as you have so much to learn.
You are here.
Hebrews 6:1, for way too many YEARS.
And you know this how? Seeing you do not believe you have sin. Why should I take your advice over the advice of those pastors who have watched and viewed my life and doctrine for decades?

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

What have I to learn from you? To think I cannot ever sin again? And if I do thoise things you refuse to call sin, well I just need to talk to God about them? I think not.
Now if you go back and read 1 Jn 1 :5.. carefully.
And you will find that John says that he is Declaring a mesaage to the 1 John 1:9 unbelievers.

That Message is the Gospel..

Now compared all that to 1 John 3:9, as that is written to the born again.

Remember reader.. .These apostle were Preachers who wrote letters.

The Preaching was the main thing, and sometimes, a letter is referencing, them preaching to the Lost.
Easy to say, now prove it. This ought to be a hoot! I await anxiously your attempt to show those four verses out of the whole leter are for unbelievers!

But please inform us of which unbelievers he is addressing in a letter to believers.

Outside of Hebrews, show which epistle is addressing unbelievers.

How did the unbelievers get to hear the message fo the letter? Did the believers go door to door and read those four verses to them? The very thought that in a letter to believers that John knows, he would carve out five verses to address solely to unbelievers is absolutely ludicrous. But coming from your false belief that you are incapable of sinning ever again (though you may do things you need to have a conversation with god about), I can see why yo uare forced to come to that conclusion.

Once again I pity you.

Me thinks you need to go back and read those five verses and understand the verbs .

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you saying then you believe you can lose your salvation?
No, and now I'm saying my post was inadequate, and I've editted to hopefully be more specific to what I was saying.

But about salvation, no, we don't birth ourselves, we cannot "unbirth" ourselves.

Much love!

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
But He addressed the letter to his little children., and it is John and not Peter. Do you think he needs to say little children after every factual statement?

Read 1 John 1:5., like i asked you to do.

If you need a bible, i can send you one. as ive given away countless bibles.

Listen again....

That is not "little children". found in 1 John 1:9

John told those unbelievers.. in verse 5......"the message we have received of HIM..."

see that Ronald"?

That is the Gospel of their Salvation this Apostle is preaching to these lost sinners....... and He tells them later that if they say they have no SIN.. they deceive themselves.

And that is because unbelievers have their sin, but not all admit it or believe it.

"Gnostics" for example dont believe in original sin.

Mary Baker Eddy, and her disciples, do not believe in original sin.

Scientologists do not believe in original sin.

Well seeing as he says little children

Stop being dishonest.

John does not call those in 1 John 1:9 "little Children"

But in chapter 2 and in this next verse from Chapter 3 that says the born again can't sin.......He calls them little children.

1 John 3:9

And you know this how? Seeing you do not believe you have sin.

You can't have sin and be "one with God".

This is why Jesus died on the Cross for all our sin.

Jesus became our sin, and the born again are become "the Righteousness of God, in Christ".

Jesus died To forgive ALL.... our sin, and if a person is born again, then they are "made free from sin" and have become "the righteousness of God, in Christ".

There is no sin found in God's Righteousness, and all the born again are "made righteous".

What have I to learn from you?

You can learn from anyone, who teaches that the Born again are forgiven all their sin, 2000 yrs ago.

If they dont understand this, then they can't teach you any truth, at all., and so far, that is your problem.
You've been deceived by heretics., and you preach their false gospel, that the born again have their sin.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!
Thanks. Well I see sin as blocking our ability to have intimacy with God until we apply 1 JOhn 1:9. It does not hamper our relationship, just sin blocks our ability to commune with God until it is dealt with.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read 1 John 1:5., like i asked you to do.

If you need a bible, i can send you one. as ive given away countless bibles.
I have hundreds of times.

Thanks for the offer, but I have a dozen physical bibles and over 36 on line!
Listen again....

That is not "little children". found in 1 John 1:9

John told those unbelievers.. in verse 5......"the message we have received of HIM..."
That is not your opinion, but not Scripture. John wrote to believers, you have failed to define which unbelievers He was writing to.
That is the Gospel of their Salvation this Apostle is preaching to these lost sinners....... and He tells them later that if they say they have no SIN.. they deceive themselves.

And that is because unbelievers have their sin, but not all admit it or believe it.
I see you do not believe in keeping things in context. Which unbelievers are commingled the believers He wrote to.
Just like you!
Stop being dishonest.

But in chapter 2 and in this next verse from Chapter 3 that says the born again can't sin.......He calls them little children.

Y9u have failed to give any evidence that 1 John 1:5-10 is a tiny message to some undefined unknown unbelievers.
Stop being dishonest.

I am very honest. This whole letter is to fathers, young men, children and those John called "little children". Just because he doesn't cater to your lousy grammar does not make it any different.
You can't have sin and be "one with God".

This is why Jesus died on the Cross for all our sin.

Jesus became our sin, and the born again are become "the Righteousness of God, in Christ".

Jesus died To forgive ALL.... our sin, and if a person is born again, then they are "made free from sin" and have become "the righteousness of God, in Christ".

There is no sin found in God's Righteousness, and all the born again are "made righteous".
So then christians can commit murder and it is not sin. Christians can commit homosexuality and bestiality because it is not sin according to you! WOW!
You can learn from anyone, who teaches that the Born again are forgiven all their sin, 2000 yrs ago.

If they dont understand this, then they can't teach you any truth, at all., and so far, that is your problem.
You've been deceived by heretics., and you preach their false gospel, that the born again have their sin.
I have been taught that all my life thank you very much. I also teach that with passion for over 4 decades now, thank you very much.

What I reject is your lie that Christians can no longer sin . All our sins are forgiven, the power of sin has been broken in our lives, but we can choose to succumb to the desires of the old man and commit sin, which you have blasphemously called, something you have to talk to God about!

And you are a liar when you say this about my teachers and me! Lying is a sin, not something you need to have to talk to god about.

I no longer have my sin, but that does not mean in my flesh which is still alive in me and you we can still sin! Once again I pity you above all believers. You are dangerousaly deceived and I fear trhe risks you are taking with your false gospel.

• Love
Reactions: L.A.M.B.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks. Well I see sin as blocking our ability to have intimacy with God until we apply 1 JOhn 1:9. It does not hamper our relationship, just sin blocks our ability to commune with God until it is dealt with.
I think there is certainly a different focus, but once I learned to stop trying to hide from God when I am ashamed, I discovered a new level of intimacy. God isn't blind, and He doesn't send me away.

But I can feel like I need to hide, and I can put God out of my thoughts, as if we are now separated. But sin no longer separates us. And the only one that has difficulty understanding "reconciled" is me, not God.

Learning that I have no need to "hide" from God - and of course we cannot - drops that resistance to intimacy created by my knowledge of my failings. But if I'm thinking that my relationship with God is based on my own behavior, then I'm like this:

Isaiah 59:9-12 KJV
9) Therefore is judgment far from us, neither doth justice overtake us: we wait for light, but behold obscurity; for brightness, but we walk in darkness.
10) We grope for the wall like the blind, and we grope as if we had no eyes: we stumble at noonday as in the night; we are in desolate places as dead men.
11) We roar all like bears, and mourn sore like doves: we look for judgment, but there is none; for salvation, but it is far off from us.
12) For our transgressions are multiplied before thee, and our sins testify against us: for our transgressions are with us; and as for our iniquities, we know them;

Groping in darkness . . . listening to the testimony of our sins, as if they define us. But they don't, not any longer.

Much love!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
That is not your opinion, but not Scripture. John wrote to believers,

All the letters, the epistles are written .....= some for doctrine, and some for instruction in righteousness.... etc.

So, let me show you what you dont understand, yet.

Sometimes these apostles, who were PREACHERS of the GOSPEL..... as their #1 Reason to exist as their MINISTRY>.

Sometimes the verse is them preaching to UNBELIEVERS.

Understand?

So, that is some of Hebrews..... and other places, including 1 John 1:9

1 John 3:9 is written to the "little children".

If you have a bible, read it.