What do you think about God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

judd

Apr 2, 2010
Nigeria
Be sincere as normal human being. What do you think about God and we His creatures?

How do you see God?

I walk up this morning, thought about life, mistakes we make and all that, and I arrived asking myself this question " what do I think about God" I smiled and wondered because so much was running in my head about Him that I cannot say anything.

Some of my thoughts about God

I don't know him much but nothing compares or can be used to qualify Him

I think He is experimenting with humans.

I think He will surprise humans at the end.

I see Him as very merciful and nothing compares with His mercies and somehow, His mercies are equal to His love

I LIVE IN HIM................. and without Him I am nothing

..............more are coming. I will continue to write about Him as long as He agrees.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think we are all sitting around a campfire in The Garden of Eden and God is telling us a story about how He taught us what the meaning of forgiveness is. Reality is the story. God forgave us immediately in the Garden and we did not understand it so God stretched out the moment, creating time and space. As the story unfolded, we lost contact with God; He re-introduced Himself; we behaved badly in attempt to please Him; He sent Jesus to teach us how to respond to Him; we broke His heart on the Cross; He forgave us; and we are invited to be in fellowship with Him, once more.

Guestman

Nov 11, 2009
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Be sincere as normal human being. What do you think about God and we His creatures?

How do you see God?

I walk up this morning, thought about life, mistakes we make and all that, and I arrived asking myself this question " what do I think about God" I smiled and wondered because so much was running in my head about Him that I cannot say anything.

I see Him as very merciful and nothing compares with His mercies and somehow, His mercies are equal to His love

..............more are coming. I will continue to write about Him as long as He agrees.

Genesis 1:1 says: "In [the] beginning God created the heavens and the earth." And at Genesis 1:27, it says: "And God proceeded to create the man in his image, in God’s image he created him; male and female he created them." Thus, God "constructed all things"(Heb 3:4) and is our Grand Creator.(Ecc 12:1, “Your Grand Creator.” Hebrew, Boh·re’ey´kha. The participle of the Hebrew verb “create” is plural to denote grandeur or excellence.)

Just as every person on the earth has a name, so also does God. However, unlike our parents who named us, God named himself with a purposeful name. In speaking with Moses about leading the Israelites out of Egypt, the angel that was God's representative (Ex 3:2, 4) told Moses: "Unquestionably I have seen the affliction of my people who are in Egypt, and I have heard their outcry as a result of those who drive them to work; because I well know the pains they suffer....And now come and let me send you to Phar´aoh, and you bring my people the sons of Israel out of Egypt.”(Ex 3:7, 10)

Moses then asked: "Suppose I am now come to the sons of Israel and I do say to them, ‘The God of your forefathers has sent me to you,’ and they do say to me, ‘What is his name?’ What shall I say to them?” (Ex 3:13) The angel tells Moses: "I SHALL PROVE TO BE WHAT I SHALL PROVE TO BE.” And he added: “This is what you are to say to the sons of Israel, ‘I SHALL PROVE TO BE has sent me to you.’”(Ex 3:14, “I SHALL PROVE TO BE WHAT I SHALL PROVE TO BE.” Heb., היהא רשא היהא (’Eh·yeh´ ’Asher´ ’Eh·yeh´), God’s own self-designation; Leeser, “I WILL BE THAT I WILL BE”; Rotherham, “I Will Become whatsoever I please.” ’Eh·yeh´ comes from the Hebrew verb ha·yah´, “become; prove to be.” )

The angel now says: "This is what you are to say to the sons of Israel, ‘Jehovah the God of your forefathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.’ This is my name to time indefinite, and this is the memorial of me to generation after generation."(Ex 3:15) Hence, God has given himself the name of Jehovah, to designate that he is a God that can ' prove to be ' whatever he needs to be in order to accomplish his purpose. For example, a wife can also be a mother, accountant, cook, house cleaner, home physician or any other number of roles that she plays in order to assure the welfare of her household.

But what are Jehovah's qualities ? Moses requested of God through the angel: "Cause me to see, please, your glory ”(Ex 33:18), to which the angel responded: "I myself shall cause all my goodness to pass before your face, and I will declare the name of Jehovah before you."(Ex 33:19) Upon Moses ascending Mt. Sinai to receive the Ten Commandments upon the two carved stone tablets, the angel proceeds to declare: "Jehovah, Jehovah, a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abundant in loving-kindness and truth, preserving loving-kindness for thousands, pardoning error and transgression and sin, but by no means will he give exemption from punishment, bringing punishment for the error of fathers upon sons and upon grandsons, upon the third generation and upon the fourth generation.”(Ex 34:6, 7)

Thence, Jehovah God is "merciful and gracious", being "abundant in loving-kindness and truth" and "slow to anger." This quality of being "slow to anger" was displayed when the rebellious angel that became Satan told the first lie about God and succeeded in turning Adam and Eve away from Jehovah God. Though Jehovah is Almighty (Gen 17:1) and with one fell swoop, could have of annihilated all three rebels, he did not, but allowed Adam and Eve to have children and for Satan to prove his challenge that God's sovereignty or right to rule was not the best one for mankind.(Gen 3:2-5)

However, Satan's challenge and rule of the earth of over 6000 years has shown to be a disaster, a dismal failure, for there is more corruption and divisions and earth-wide cataclysmic problems now than any time in history. Jesus told his eleven faithful apostles: " I shall not speak much with you anymore, for the ruler of the world is coming. And he has no hold on me."(John 14:30)

Matthew 6:9, 10 provides the basis for God's rulership to have success everlastingly. We are taught by Jesus to pray: "Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven."(King James Bible) For God's name of Jehovah to be "hallowed" or cleansed of all reproach over the course of human history, and for God's will to take place on the earth "as it is in heaven", we are requesting for God's kingdom to come and remove all wickedness, sin, sorrow, sickness and death from the earth.(Rev 21:3, 4) We are asking for Jehovah God to transform this earth into a paradise, as Jesus told the Jewish evil-doer.(Luke 23:43)

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA

How do you see God?

The way you get to know our Heavenly Father and His Son is by studying all of His Holy Writ, and by prayer, simply talking to Him. In His Word He shows us how He feels about us, His children. He has feelings, and He expresses them in His Word. Discovery within His Word reveals a lot that people assign to God doesn't fit.

A testing yes, but an experiment no. The reason this present world time exists is so each soul born in the flesh can make their choice to be with Him for the Eternity by accepting His Son Jesus Christ, or to choose to perish instead. There won't be a second rebellion against Him like what Satan did in the days of old. He is calling out a people to serve Him during this present world time. Do the work and He'll provide the bricks.

It's the deceived that are going to be surprised. His elect, not so much, for He has shown them all things.

He promised us understanding also, and that's very important to have today.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
The thought that comes to my mind is that God is hard. I don't say this in a negative way, though. Rather I'm thinking of the fact that those he loves, he also scourges. He tests us and puts us through difficult things.

Yet he always gives us enough! Even the hard part is for our good.

:)

Perspectives

Aug 12, 2011
Northwest
At the risk of sounding negative, the reality is we can't bring Him down into the human arena of understanding. Nobody can wrap their mind around Him. Thinking about God is not a bad thing, after all Psalm.1 says to meditate. The outcome should be to perceive what He is doing, and get on board with that.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
He is VERY merciful upon the merciful and repentant.

Matthew 5:7 (NKJV)
7 Blessed are the merciful, For they shall obtain mercy.

He is VERY harsh upon those who rebel against Him and "live ungodly".

2 Peter 2:4-6 (NKJV)
4 For if God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgment; 5 and did not spare the ancient world, but saved Noah, one of eight people, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood on the world of the ungodly; 6 and turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes, condemned them to destruction, making them an example to those who afterward would live ungodly;