What do you think about when you hear the Wrath of God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus is always the answer and our only hope!
How we understand him will make him a friend or an enemy. Our understanding of him qualifies how we see him. His return is looked forward to with longing or it is secretly hoped he will put it a long way off.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How we understand him will make him a friend or an enemy. Our understanding of him qualifies how we see him. His return is looked forward to with longing or it is secretly hoped he will put it a long way off.

I don’t mind what people believe or how they understand, but what is the truth?

One would think that would be an important aspect of it.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In a way that is what is being aimed for.

For thousands of years it’s been claimed this and that but where is truth?

Jesus is coming back, is a prominent message.

So is “the wrath of God going to smite America one day”, or perhaps it’s Ukraine or Russia?

All which pertained to the nation of Israel in context of the Bible. The wrath of God was poured out on the nation of Israel in 70 Ad.

God still desires for people to come be part of the kingdom now today by faith being a child of God or son or daughter of God.

Sin was paid for therefore God is no longer angry at people or the world. Unless God is still angry at the world because of sin then sin wasn’t paid for at all and Jesus is a loser, and not victorious. Jesus failed in returning to get his bride in that day in age who were stressed to not lose hope or faith.

I believe this bigger a topic the more complex the more people have the inclination not to tackle these difficult questions.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Future wrath to come

Woe means “grief, anguish, affliction”; the three woes of Revelation are the final judgment God pronounces on the evil inhabitants of the earth in order to spur them to repentance (Revelation 9:20). The three woes are, indeed, a time of great anguish and affliction for those who have pledged their allegiance to the Antichrist during the end times.

The number 7 is significant in Revelation, and the three woes will come toward the end of the seven-year tribulation period right before the second coming of Christ. God’s judgments during the tribulation are pictured as seven seals, opened one at a time. The seventh seal reveals the seven trumpet judgments. The fifth, sixth, and seventh trumpets are called the three woes (Revelation 8:13).

The first woe is revealed after the fifth trumpet judgment. This woe involves something like locusts that have the ability to sting like a scorpion (Revelation 9:3). Generally, these are not accepted as literal locusts because of their description and because they come from the Abyss and have a demonic overlord (Revelation 9:3, 7-8, 11). These creatures are permitted to harm only those people who do not have the “seal of God on their forehead” (Revelation 9:4). Those bearing God’s seal are the 144,000 (Revelation 7:3-4) or, possibly, all believers during that time (Ephesians 4:30). These demonic locusts are allowed to torment unbelievers for five months (Revelation 9:5) with painful stings. Although victims will long for death (Revelation 9: 6), they will not be granted that release.

The second woe is revealed after the sixth trumpet judgment. This woe begins when a voice commands, “Release the four angels who are bound at the great river Euphrates” (Revelation 9:14). These four angels are demons who were cast from heaven along with Satan. God is right now keeping them imprisoned until the appointed time (Revelation 9:15; cf. Jude 1:6; 2 Peter 2:4). These angels and their armies, numbering two hundred million, are released to kill a third of mankind (Revelation 9:15-16).

After the second woe passes (Revelation 11:14), there comes a clear division in the book with the announcement from heaven, “The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ” (Revelation 11:15). In other words, this final stage of judgment will be the end, and righteousness will be restored to the earth.

The third woe is revealed after the seventh trumpet judgment. This woe is parallel to the trumpet that sounds in Joel 2 and signals the consummation of God’s plan for the entire world. This third woe marks the finishing of God’s judgment on sin; it occupies the book of Revelation through the 19th chapter, when Christ’s Kingdom is established on earth. Incorporated within this third and final woe are the seven “bowls” of God’s wrath, described in Revelation 16:1-21. This series of judgments is the greatest horror the citizens of earth have ever seen. Jesus said, “If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive” (Matthew 24:22).got questions

hope this helps !!!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Got questions, is that were you got all those from @Christophany?

I believe all those things were fulfilled, mainly during the Roman and Jewish Revolt.

Do you believe in the future coming? I know one day I am gonna die and go meet God, and that is satifsying enough, but it is also good to know the truth of the context you are presenting dealt with the 7 Assemblies in Asia Minor.

I do not know exactly what I am suppose to get out of what you are sharing, sorry.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Got questions, is that were you got all those from @Christophany?

I believe all those things were fulfilled, mainly during the Roman and Jewish Revolt.

Do you believe in the future coming? I know one day I am gonna die and go meet God, and that is satifsying enough, but it is also good to know the truth of the context you are presenting dealt with the 7 Assemblies in Asia Minor.

I do not know exactly what I am suppose to get out of what you are sharing, sorry.
When did the millennium take place the 1000 years of peace on earth where Jesus rules from His throne in Jerusalem ?

There has never been a time of worldwide peace on earth since the fall.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OP ^

God has become extremely Angry and Shall proceed to “exact, cause, target, make” that which has Angered Him, suffer...in small degrees, and increase upon the “thing”, (person, angel, earth, seas, objects, statues, etc.) which has CAUSED and FAILS to CEASE Causing His Anger.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When did the millennium take place the 1000 years of peace on earth where Jesus rules from His throne in Jerusalem ?

There has never been a time of worldwide peace on earth since the fall.

Can I ask you this question? What if it was just a total of period of time over all that John had wrote which was not a Literal thousand years but was just the whole number of time, which could have been a total of a day before the Devil had been released after all the churches had read the message? Something to consider either way, I do not believe 1000, = 1000 literal years.

Consider this verse here please: 2 Peter 3:8 But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.

It is how they wrote: Consider Psalm 50:10 For all the animals of the forest are mine, and I own the cattle on a thousand hills.

1000 = the total amount of time. from what I understand you may differ and say ah Matthew your crazy, that is fine too. :)

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can I ask you this question? What if it was just a total of period of time over all that John had wrote which was not a Literal thousand years but was just the whole number of time, which could have been a total of a day before the Devil had been released after all the churches had read the message? Something to consider either way, I do not believe 1000, = 1000 literal years.

Consider this verse here please: 2 Peter 3:8 But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.

It is how they wrote: Consider Psalm 50:10 For all the animals of the forest are mine, and I own the cattle on a thousand hills.

1000 = the total amount of time. from what I understand you may differ and say ah Matthew your crazy, that is fine too. :)

yes, you are crazy. And yes 1000 yrs is a literal 1000 yrs.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When the plain meaning of the text makes sense , seek no other sense or it becomes nonsense .

The above is my condensed version of this basic hermeneutic principle.

When the plain sense of scripture makes common sense, seek no other sense; therefore, take every word at it’s primary, ordinary, usual meaning unless the facts of the immediate context, studied in light of related passages and axiomatic and fundamental truths, indicate clearly otherwise.”

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When the plain meaning of the text makes sense , seek no other sense or it becomes nonsense .

The above is my condensed version of this basic hermeneutic principle.

When the plain sense of scripture makes common sense, seek no other sense; therefore, take every word at it’s primary, ordinary, usual meaning unless the facts of the immediate context, studied in light of related passages and axiomatic and fundamental truths, indicate clearly otherwise.”

That is your own philosophy. I do not agree to it, nor have to adhere to it. As I shared.

Does that bother you, to consider something else from scripture to help apply it and help understand somewhere else?

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is your own philosophy. I do not agree to it, nor have to adhere to it. As I shared.

Does that bother you, to consider something else from scripture to help apply it and help understand somewhere else?
God is outside of time I’d the point in the passage in Peter so 1 millisecond and a billion years are the same to God.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That would pertain also to your scripture you shared in Revelation then. I personally believe it was true, as the devil was loosed afterwards of being bound. Thank you for being honest brother, @Christophany. It wouldn't be a 1000 years but the total number of time.

1000 years is the one thing that throws many people into believing in futurism doctrine.

Good discussion thank you.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew G is what happens when you have no doctrine to follow and you end up all over the place and being misguided about everything. This is why you need to follow a denomination and a doctrine.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
the volume switch is faulty!

Reactions: MatthewG