What does "fall away" mean?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen!!!

In other words they grafted themselves into the true vine..they weren’t grafted in by the Living word of God...imo.

Bear in mind also ,the natural man wouldn’t understand one word of this.
they , they grafted themselves by means of a belief in another jesus ,
any other jesus , any other gospel, WONT SAVE and any who believeth
NOT the one true gospel but rather a many path love . HOW CAN THEY BE UNDER THE SPIRIT .
FOR the SPIRIT would have testified of , JESUS THE CHRIST
not some lovey do nonsense that seemth to negate the fact ONE HAS TO BELEIVE JESUS IS THE CHRIST .
that lovey do , AINT COMING FROM GOD , FROM CHRIST , FROM THE SPIRIT
but rather cometh of darkness and is given unto and upon the hearts of those who loved darkness
and not LIGHT . the only condmenation one has is that they will NOT COME to THE LIGHT
aka TO JESUS CHRIST who is the LIGHT .
as we read in revelation . And LIGHT of GOD did lighten it and the LAMB IS THE LIGHT THEREOF ........
too many are rushing full force , in these latter days , right unto
darkness that is SAYING ITS LIGHT yet leaveth them in darkness .
I KNOW WHO DOES THAT . by grace I KNOW WHO can appear as an angel of LIGHT
yet IS DARKNESS . a liar lies and the liar knoweth how to decieve and to allure
HE DO SO THROUGH THE FLESH .
The lambs , DO NOT HEED HIS VOICE . THEY HEED ONLY , FOLLOW ONLY the VOICE OF THE SHEPARD
whose LIGHT DO GUIDE THEM ON THE NARROW PATH and always
does it unction , LOOK not to the left , look not to the right , STAY THE PATH , HEEED THE SHEPARD
and they feast upon HIS HOLY WORDS for HIS WORDS are their meat .

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
they , they grafted themselves by means of a belief in another jesus ,
any other jesus , any other gospel, WONT SAVE and any who believeth
NOT the one true gospel but rather a many path love . HOW CAN THEY BE UNDER THE SPIRIT .
FOR the SPIRIT would have testified of , JESUS THE CHRIST
not some lovey do nonsense that seemth to negate the fact ONE HAS TO BELEIVE JESUS IS THE CHRIST .
that lovey do , AINT COMING FROM GOD , FROM CHRIST , FROM THE SPIRIT
but rather cometh of darkness and is given unto and upon the hearts of those who loved darkness
and not LIGHT . the only condmenation one has is that they will NOT COME to THE LIGHT
aka TO JESUS CHRIST who is the LIGHT .
as we read in revelation . And LIGHT of GOD did lighten it and the LAMB IS THE LIGHT THEREOF ........
too many are rushing full force , in these latter days , right unto
darkness that is SAYING ITS LIGHT yet leaveth them in darkness .
I KNOW WHO DOES THAT . by grace I KNOW WHO can appear as an angel of LIGHT
yet IS DARKNESS . a liar lies and the liar knoweth how to decieve and to allure
HE DO SO THROUGH THE FLESH .
The lambs , DO NOT HEED HIS VOICE . THEY HEED ONLY , FOLLOW ONLY the VOICE OF THE SHEPARD
whose LIGHT DO GUIDE THEM ON THE NARROW PATH and always
does it unction , LOOK not to the left , look not to the right , STAY THE PATH , HEEED THE SHEPARD
and they feast upon HIS HOLY WORDS for HIS WORDS are their meat .
Keep preaching the word!..Brother!!..xx

Reactions: amigo de christo

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Its not a sin to remind and to tell folks about the DIRE NEED to BELIEVE , YES TO BELIEVE ON JESUS THE CHRIST
the death burial and ressurection and ALL THINGS HE DID teach .
Teaching and telling and reminding folks about the dire need to BELIEVE
is dire necessary . yet many try and now say hey that too is works , believing is works etc
as though its a bad thing to teach one they must BELIEVE . THIS DID NOT DO JESUS
and this DID NOT DO THE APOSTELS ETIHER . THEY SAID BELEIVE A LOT . and i mean A LOT .
save-image.png

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There has always been believers. But we need to differentiate what they place their trust in. True believers under teh Mosaic Law did not place their trust in the death and physical resurrection of Jesus as the payment of their sin. They placed their faith in god and were believers.
and yet i tell us all these also beleived in THE COMING MESSIAH . SO YEAH THEIR FAITH REALLY WAS IN GOD .
This is he of whom MOSES SPOKE .
see the sheep knew a messaih who they hope IN was coming . sure many died waiting
but they were WAITING FOR HIS COMING . which means what , THEY HAD THEIR FAITH IN GOD
who by the prophets , who by even the law , SPOKE OF JESUS CHRIST who was TO COME and to SAVE .
The sheep did not heed the voices of the false ones . Nor would the sheep in JESUS DAY
NOR DO THE SHEEP IN ALL DAYS SINCE . they heed the voice of GOD and of the SHEPARD
and when GOD draws one , ITS TO FAITH IN BELIEF IN JESUS THE CHRIST .
not to some other religoin with a promise of all is well so long as ya loved ya neighbor stuff .
THAT IS NOT GOD leading this unity call to merge the denominations and false religoins to be as one .
TO find common ground . THAT MESSAGE OF LOVE IS NOT COMING FROM GOD . BUT FROM HE who has always
desired to be as GOD . and its love , its lie , WONT SAVE THEM at all .
For this cause GOD shall send a strong delusion to believe a lie .
so that all who REJECTED the LOVE of THE TRUTH and had pleasure in UNRIGHTEOUSNESS would believe a lie
and be damned .
A strong delusoin , a strong reprobation has hit the world and the false religoins and even christendom
TO now merge them as one under what the world sees as love and the religons see as love .

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
They believed Jesus could do miracles. But having the Christian faith - not yet. People did not have the Christian faith to save until Pnetecost.
Right. But we are talking about definitions. The Bible uses the verb "believe"; according to Jesus, they were believers. According to you, they are not. I prefer to stick to Jesus' usages.

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
and yet i tell us all these also beleived in THE COMING MESSIAH . SO YEAH THEIR FAITH REALLY WAS IN GOD .
This is he of whom MOSES SPOKE .
see the sheep knew a messaih who they hope IN was coming . sure many died waiting
but they were WAITING FOR HIS COMING . which means what , THEY HAD THEIR FAITH IN GOD
who by the prophets , who by even the law , SPOKE OF JESUS CHRIST who was TO COME and to SAVE .
The sheep did not heed the voices of the false ones . Nor would the sheep in JESUS DAY
NOR DO THE SHEEP IN ALL DAYS SINCE . they heed the voice of GOD and of the SHEPARD
and when GOD draws one , ITS TO FAITH IN BELIEF IN JESUS THE CHRIST .
not to some other religoin with a promise of all is well so long as ya loved ya neighbor stuff .
THAT IS NOT GOD leading this unity call to merge the denominations and false religoins to be as one .
TO find common ground . THAT MESSAGE OF LOVE IS NOT COMING FROM GOD . BUT FROM HE who has always
desired to be as GOD . and its love , its lie , WONT SAVE THEM at all .
For this cause GOD shall send a strong delusion to believe a lie .
so that all who REJECTED the LOVE of THE TRUTH and had pleasure in UNRIGHTEOUSNESS would believe a lie
and be damned .
A strong delusoin , a strong reprobation has hit the world and the false religoins and even christendom
TO now merge them as one under what the world sees as love and the religons see as love .
@amigo de christo I will give an example of some of the thinking of some of today’s leaders in Christendom.

A leader of a certain church very recently posted a video on social media, showing his ancient built church that is shortly to celebrate it’s 1000th year of being built.

The man then said that we hope that it will still be here another thousand years from now.

Compare that mindset thinking with those in the New Testament, who weren’t looking for hundreds, thousands of years ahead in this world, but rather were looking for and expecting the coming of the Lord in their own lifetime.

• Love

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are at least 4 meanings:

1. Shallowed Christians could easily G868-fall away.
  2. The 12 disciples sin and G4624-fall away.
  3. Christians could G1601-fall, G4098-fall, or G5302-fall from grace.
  4. A group of Christians could be in a state of G646-apostasy and fall away.
We have 6 Greek words that are translated as fall away. In every case, it is applied to believers.
Hello Tony, How are you all? Thank you Brother.

Love, Walter

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, OK, but "fall away" from what?

From the faith.

By disobedience.

By succumbing back into the flesh.

By seduction into the doctrines of devils.

If someone sincerely converts from Southern Baptism to the Jehovah's Witnesses or Catholicism

This is falling away from Error to Error.

Not from the true faith.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Infiltrated," I tell you!
"Dire need," I tell you!
"Trod under foot," I tell you!
"False love," I tell you!
"Pay a dear heavy price," I tell you!
"Social gospel nonsense," I tell you!
"Damn every last soul," I tell you!
"Expose errors and falsehoods," I tell you!
"The dragon," I tell you!
AIIEEEEE!

I suspect you're getting spittle on your keyboard. :)

I don't by any means question whether you are a sincere and well-meaning believer, attempting to spread the Gospel as you understand it. I simply categorically reject your understanding. I'm not sure what you think is accomplished by peppering a thread such as this with the same repetitive screeches faster than anyone can read them. It appears to me that you are merely attempting to shout down anyone who disagrees with you, which is fine for a street-corner soapbox but hardly the purpose of a forum such as this.

I call it rabid Christianity.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right. But we are talking about definitions. The Bible uses the verb "believe"; according to Jesus, they were believers. According to you, they are not. I prefer to stick to Jesus' usages.
You'll need to give a clear definition if you expect to have a meaningful discussion.

You'll need to specify whether you are speaking of those who are reborn, or just those who think Jesus told the truth, even if they are not reborn. And that will make a huge difference.

Without that clarification it's going to remain sloppy.

Much love!

Reactions: mailmandan

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And only God has foreknowledge of who the true lambs are.

We do not.
Yes God alone knows who will endure to the end .
Our duty is to simply remind all who do believe about ALL things , including the warnings
and to point to Christ .
Even including this warning . Take heed brethren lest their be in you an evil heart of unbelief
in departing ..........
For we are made partakers IF , we hold our confidence firm to THE END .
yes even that reminder as are all reminders good meat for the souls of the lambs .
God inspired them words and they are for the good of the hearer and the doer of the beleiver whose trust be in JESUS CHRIST
and not in men who through doctrines and etc have led many astray unto destruction .
Every warning , every word written and left to us is for our good . SPIRIT inspired
necessary meat for instruction . yet many have taken off from heeding such warnings
many have taken off being diligent in the walk
as they sit under the shade tree of some mans doctrine which gave them a false hope .
A hope or a promise that worked contrary to their good as they through that doctrine , omitted the warnings
and said OH they cant mean what it says , OH it must mean this . And the diligent walk
became the slothful walk . and many do not make it . the warnings are for our own good .
the reminders are for our own good and yet , and yet many have changed and omitted warnings . and that never works
to the good of those who sat under or sit under such who do such a thing .
and here is a fat nice promise too . I have written these things that you may KNOW that you have eternal life
and you may BELIEVE on JESUS THE CHRIST .
If, Lord willing a man like me were to be lying on my death bed
surrounded by a few . and the few said , be encouraged amigo
God will let you into heaven for you have done so many good things .
May my last response be this , Many good things you say
The ONLY REASON a man like me will see the KINGDOM OF GOD is FOR WHAT JESUS DID FOR ME
and the only reason i had good works and did good was DUE TO THE HOLY SPIRIT that had unctioned me to do good and to flee evil .
THERE SIMPLY IS NO way this man deserved or earned heaven , but rather a very hot lake of fire
OH BUT PRAISE GOD FOR THE GRACE GIVEN ME IN JESUS CHRIST that a REAL GOOD PLACE , built by GOD and the LAMB awaits me .
This is amigo and i approve that message .

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@amigo de christo I will give an example of some of the thinking of some of today’s leaders in Christendom.

A leader of a certain church very recently posted a video on social media, showing his ancient built church that is shortly to celebrate it’s 1000th year of being built.

The man then said that we hope that it will still be here another thousand years from now.

Compare that mindset thinking with those in the New Testament, who weren’t looking for hundreds, thousands of years ahead in this world, but rather were looking for and expecting the coming of the Lord in their own lifetime.
For here we have NO CONTINUING CITY , but we await ONE TO COME .
To all i simply say , go ahead and take a peek around and every house , building , church and etc
IT is moveable and will not last . And all will come crashing down on the DAY of the LORD .
BUT the HEAVENLY CITY , that JERUSALEM , IT CANNOT BE MOVED or DESTROYED
and one day the saints will dance a sing a jig IN IT . THAT BE THE CITY the lambs BE A LOOKING forward too .
A thousand years did he say . I struggle with saying we might even have a THOUSAND seconds left on this earth
For the COMING of the LORD draws nigh and the signs of the times aint saying we got many years left either .
The signs of the times are speaking contrary to these men .
The signs of the times are speaking loudly and very clearly
and what they say to one they say to all ,
FOR THE DAY OF THE LORD COMETH as a theif in the night for when they shall say PEACE N SAFETY sudden destructoin cometh
upon them all and they will not escape . but the lambs are not in darkness that , THAT DAY shall over take them with destruction
THEY BE A GOING HOME on that day . But woe to the world and her false religoins and woe wail
to those who used the name of JESUS CHRIST to promote the lie that gathers all right to the day of perditon .
The lie that came claoked as though it were the love of GOD . and yet CONTRADICTED GOD , CHRIST , TRUTH and the LOVE OF GOD .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds to me like many have their hopes IN THIS LIFE and in THIS WORLD .
JESUS once told his own , who had said to him , LORD behold all the stones of this building etc .
HE warned them IT WAS COMING DOWN and it DID TOO .
Now go to and behold all these great cities of the world and their marvelous structures that reach to the skies
Go to and behold the massive and large cathedrals which are adorned in marvelous stones and colors
and wonderfully decked out stained glass windows . AINT NONE OF IT GONNA ENDURE THE DAY OF THE LORD .
BUT i know of a city that wont be moved , its heavenly , and its HOME .

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
We have 6 Greek words that are translated as fall away. In every case, it is applied to believers.

Not exactly.. @TonyChanYT

See, a person can "believe for a while".. they can have the knowledge of the Truth, but not all the way to Faith in Christ.

This happens all over the world ......for example.. when you have religious people who only go to Church on "Easter", and they sit there and think, .. "Yes that Jesus is something else'..
"God's Son".
"Nobody like Him".

So, they believe THAT FAR............but they have no "ROOT"... no real FAITH., they only have a KNOWLEDGE OF IT.

And what is that Root that they lack? The root is.... "to believe unto Salvation"... and they do not.
They believe unto Knowledge, but not unto Salvation though FAITH.

Knowledge is not Faith., its just Knowledge.
Knowledge is in the Head, while Faith in Jesus is in the HEART.

So that "believer" does fall away yet, ....only from Knowledge.
They'll have that again, for about an hour, next Easter.
They get it once year, unless they forget to go to that Christmas Mass or that "Easter service'.

Whereas the Born Again believer, can fall away from Grace.

Paul says that this happens because someone deceived you out of the Truth.

John Calvin will do that do you.
L. Ron Hubbard will do that to you.
"The cult of mary" will do that to you.
JW"s will do that to you.
Mormons will do that to you.
Buddha will do that to you.
Thousands of denominations, will do that to you.

Reader,
Grace is God's Gift of Salvation, that is not related to works or water, or commandments or law.

God's Grace is Jesus, and ONLY the born again become One With Jesus, spiritually, as "in Christ", "One with God".

Later, if they dont obey Hebrews 13:9,..... then a cult is going to get their mind and ruin their faith, AFTER they are Saved.
So, this Salvation they have, is eternal, but the understanding they had, regarding What The Cross means, can become ruined, and did.

And when that happens, their faith is now broken (not their Salvation), and broken faith, is ... "i dont believe that Jesus keeps me saved".

or "i have to do all this, to go to heaven".

So, once the BELIEVER has that canal and deceived mind, then they have "fallen from Grace'.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

See, a person can "believe for a while".. they can have the knowledge of the Truth, but not all the way to Faith in Christ.

This happens all over the world ......for example.. when you have religious people who only go to Church on "Easter", and they sit there and think, .. "Yes that Jesus is something else'..
"God's Son".
"Nobody like Him".

So, they believe THAT FAR............but they have no "ROOT"... no real FAITH., they only have a KNOWLEDGE OF IT.

And what is that Root that they lack? The root is.... "to believe unto Salvation"... and they do not.

They get it once year, unless they forget to go to that Christmas Mass or that "Easter service'.

Reader,
Grace is God's Gift of Salvation, that is not related to works or water, or commandments or law.

God's Grace is Jesus, and ONLY the born again become One With Jesus, spiritually, as "in Christ", "One with God".

Later, if they dont obey Hebrews 13:9,..... then a cult is going to get their mind and ruin their faith, AFTER they are Saved.
So, this Salvation they have, is eternal, but the understanding they had, regarding What The Cross means, can become ruined, and did.

And when that happens, their faith is now broken (not their Salvation), and broken faith, is ... "i dont believe that Jesus keeps me saved".

So, once the BELIEVER has that canal and deceived mind, then they have "fallen from Grace'.
Trust , hope , charity , faith , belief .
If any of these contradicts GOD , if it trusts in what men say rather than what GOD said
IF it has its hopes in what men taught , a jesus men brought or a gospel men invented
If it loveth a lie , not truth
if it believes a lie not truth . THEN ITS ALL DEAD AND VAIN .
The question is , ASK NOT what my preacher or men thinketh or sayeth
its LET GOD BE TRUE but every man a liar . IN other words , IT IS BIBLE TIME and it is TIME
to learn of THAT GOD , HIS CHRIST , HIS TRUTH , HIS GOSPEL , HIS LOVE , HIS WORDS .
for if a man cometh to another version , WELL it wont be helping them or saving them at all .
The devil wears many coverings and can blend within as do a chameleon
he can wear not only prada but hims can wear wool . and so can his co workers .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"God's Son".
"Nobody like Him".

Reader,

So its now high time we heed what the apostels left to us and take heed unto them warnings and hope in the promise .
Here is a reminder .
IF ANY COME , IF EVEN WE WERE TO COME , OR EVEN AN ANGEL
and brings ANOTHER gospel , LET HIM BE ACCURSED .
You do realize that means many are gonna have to FLEE them inclusive social gospel places and men
CAUSE the last time i checked the gospel and love they bring , TRODS THE TRUE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST RIGHT UNDER FOOT .
AND we just cannot have UNITY WITH or SIT UNDER SUCH WHO DO SO . rebuke them , correct them
and if they hear not , SHAKE THE DUST OFF ya feet as a testimony against them . MANY have sold the true gospel of GOD
the TRUE LOVE of GOD out for a lie of another gospel and false love that wont be saving a one of them .

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
IF ANY COME , IF EVEN WE WERE TO COME , OR EVEN AN ANGEL
and brings ANOTHER gospel , LET HIM BE ACCURSED .

Every "Gospel" is Cursed, as is the person teaching it... Who substitutes "water, works, law, statutes , or commandments" in Place of :

A.) "For God so loved the World that He gave us JESUS", as our ONLY SALVATION...

John 3:17

2 Corinthians 5:19

John 14:6

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"God's Son".
"Nobody like Him".

Reader,

IF any , that mean ANY even an angel .
but how bout a reminder from john about such .
DO NOT EVEN LET THEM IN YOUR HOUSE , do not even bid them godspeed , for HE WHO DO SO is partaker of their evil deeds .
WE CANT JUST UNIFY , UNITY UNITY UNITY with them . We can and should REBUKE and CORRECT THEM
and not allow SIN upon them . We should and can EXPOSE them wolves who do bring another gospel
which IS NO GOSPEL
We should and can expose those who bring a love in that accepts sins and calleth good evil and evil good .
We can and should expose them and their doctrine and continually remind , continually stir up
WITH TRUTH , wtih bible doctrine . MANY are not gonna make it my friend . And its about time and high time
the true saints got as ZEALOUS about the gospel and truth as these charlatons are about their so called go hell , cause it aint no gospel
these zealouts have a great zeal for their false love social inclusive lie . Its a shame that many
within christendom no longer have a good zeal about the TRUTH , about the TRUE GOSPEL .
these folks are running circles around many promoting their love ,their ideals
and if any dares to expose them they holler judge not you untolerant hog .
THEIR methods are working on many . they have indeed for the most part silenced the true preaching of the true gospel
they have shut out also the correction of certain sins and the voices of any who would correct .
THE JUDGE NOT HATER VICTIM CARD is working big time . BUT NOT ON THE LAMBS . they gonna continue
to expound , exhort to correct and to point ONLY TO CHRIST JESUS , THAT TRUE GOSPEL and they will do so no matter the cost .