What does "fall away" mean?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right. But we are talking about definitions. The Bible uses the verb "believe"; according to Jesus, they were believers. According to you, they are not. I prefer to stick to Jesus' usages.
Sorry Tony but the first Christians were those in the upper room atr Pentecost. They believed in the Messiahship of Jesus and became Christians afdter Pentecost. but believer is generic and who and what they believed in depended on the time they lived in in order to be saved.

Noah did not believe in the death and Resurrection of Jesus for his sins but was a believer.

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sorry Tony but the first Christians were those in the upper room atr Pentecost. They believed in the Messiahship of Jesus and became Christians afdter Pentecost. but believer is generic and who and what they believed in depended on the time they lived in in order to be saved.

Noah did not believe in the death and Resurrection of Jesus for his sins but was a believer.
So Jesus was wrong to call those people "believers" according to you? Again, we are talking about definition. I am not trying to stop you from using your definition. I prefer Jesus' definition myself. Please focus on the concept of definition.

What is Jesus' definition of a believer? That's the issue; that is the question here. Focus on that.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So Jesus was wrong to call those people "believers" according to you? Again, we are talking about definition. I am not trying to stop you from using your definition. I prefer Jesus' definition myself. Please focus on the concept of definition.

What is Jesus' definition of a believer? That's the issue; that is the question here. Focus on that.
No He wasn't you are just being to nit picky about the use of the word believer . It seems you think believer means Christian when it doesn't in certain periods of time. It does mean believers in the one true God with the knowledge god had revealed to date.

Jesus definition? ONe who believes! The masses did not know about HIs death and resurrection. that was info only given to the twelve prior to Pentecost.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

You can believe but not be a believer, in the context of BECOMING a Christian.

Notice..

These all believed...

"Depart from me, (Jesus said) I never KNEW YOU">..

So, those "believers" were "casting out devil's" in "Jesus's Name" and Jesus said... "I dont KNOW YOU". "Depart".. = Hell.

Why?
Because they never became CHRISTians.... as that is a REAL Believer., not a fake one.

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can believe but not be a believer, in the context of BECOMING a Christian.

Notice..

These all believed...

"Depart from me, (Jesus said) I never KNEW YOU">..

So, those "believers" were "casting out devil's" in "Jesus's Name" and Jesus said... "I dont KNOW YOU". "Depart".. = Hell.

Why?
Because they never became CHRISTians.... as that is a REAL Believer., not a fake one.
any real beleiver would have believed JESUS WAS AND IS THE CHRIST .
so automatically that just excluded ALL OTHER RELIGOINS .
now i know many within christendom might lip HE IS , but beware their fruits and their love which is of the world .
THESE BE LIP ONLY MY FRIEND .
But mark my words and let all mark these next words
PREPARE TO WAIL HOWL and SUFFER THE FURY OF GOD AND OF THE LAMB , unto all
who bought the all inclusive lie which tried to MAKE JESUS a rainbow holder or sin holder
and tried to say muslims and all other religoins serve teh same GOD we do . DENY THE DIRE NEED TO HAVE TOBELIEVE ON HIM
and prepare to WEEP rivers upon rivers of all out wailing ON HIS DAY . ITS THAT DIRE we do not partake of that unholy false love
crap that has made the road to GOD SO BROAD
that satan and all are on it and about the only ones THEY BELIEVE ARE NOT ON IT , are the true bible beleiving JESUS ONLY christains .
Talk about a delusion .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every "Gospel" is Cursed, as is the person teaching it... Who substitutes "water, works, law, statutes , or commandments" in Place of :

A.) "For God so loved the World that He gave us JESUS", as our ONLY SALVATION...

John 3:17

2 Corinthians 5:19

John 14:6
that who soever BELIEVES in HIM will not perish. that dont cover those who denied HIM .
but todays lovey do says it do . we better watch out behold . this lovey do crap is all over christendom now
and it is doing its work to lead people into another hope , another love , another idea
and that IS GONNA DAMN and DAMN big time all who partook of it . ALLLLL
who partook of it . its love cannot save them , its ideas cannot save them
but woe wail many seem to think it do .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What was Jesus' definition of a believer? Please support your answer with a verse. This is the 2nd time I have asked.
WHAT IS THE REAL DEFINTION OF A BELIEVER AFTER JESUS ROSE FROM THE DEAD .
ME THINKS that be a far better question to ask and to have asked . CAUSE ME SEES A INCLUSIVE DELUSION taking
hold on many now . ON MANY MY DEAR FRIEND , ON MANY . MANY will wail WHEN THE REAL JESUS SHOWS UP
to deliver the WRATH OF ALL MIGHTY GOD . cause many a preaching a false love , another gospel
which sure has omitted the DIRE NEED TO HAVE HAD TO BELIEVE ON JESUS THE CHRIST .
OH dear tony i sure hope no one takes that road .

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
One who believes. Second time I have answered. Belief is "pistus" which means sure confidence, trust Don't know what else I can give you.
Right. Thanks for the clarification.

Now that we have agreed on this definition, could a believer fall away?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
, could a believer fall away?

New International Version
You who are trying to be justified by the law have been alienated from Christ; you have FALLEN away from grace.

New Living Translation
For if you are trying to make yourselves right with God by keeping the law, you have been cut off from Christ! You have FALLEN away from God’s grace.

English Standard Version
You are severed from Christ, you who would be justified by the law; you have FALLEN away from grace.

Berean Standard Bible
You who are trying to be justified by the law have been severed from Christ; you have FALLEN away from grace.

Berean Literal Bible
Whoever are being justified in the Law, you are severed from Christ; you have fallen away from grace.

King James Bible
Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

New King James Version
You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.

New American Standard Bible
You have been severed from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by the Law; you have FALLEN from grace.

NASB 1995
You have been severed from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.

NASB 1977
You have been severed from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.

Legacy Standard Bible
You have been severed from Christ, you who are being justified by law; you have fallen from grace!

Amplified Bible
You have been severed from Christ, if you seek to be justified [that is, declared free of the guilt of sin and its penalty, and placed in right standing with God] through the Law; you have fallen from grace [for you have lost your grasp on God’s unmerited favor and blessing].

Christian Standard Bible
You who are trying to be justified by the law are alienated from Christ; you have fallen from grace.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
You who are trying to be justified by the law are alienated from Christ; you have fallen from grace.

American Standard Version
Ye are severed from Christ, ye who would be justified by the law; ye are fallen away from grace.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
You have been destroyed from The Messiah, those of you who are justified by that in The Written Law, and you have fallen from grace.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
New International Version
You who are trying to be justified by the law have been alienated from Christ; you have FALLEN away from grace.

New Living Translation
For if you are trying to make yourselves right with God by keeping the law, you have been cut off from Christ! You have FALLEN away from God’s grace.

English Standard Version
You are severed from Christ, you who would be justified by the law; you have FALLEN away from grace.

Berean Standard Bible
You who are trying to be justified by the law have been severed from Christ; you have FALLEN away from grace.

Berean Literal Bible
Whoever are being justified in the Law, you are severed from Christ; you have fallen away from grace.

King James Bible
Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

New King James Version
You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.

New American Standard Bible
You have been severed from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by the Law; you have FALLEN from grace.

NASB 1995

NASB 1977

Legacy Standard Bible
You have been severed from Christ, you who are being justified by law; you have fallen from grace!

Amplified Bible
You have been severed from Christ, if you seek to be justified [that is, declared free of the guilt of sin and its penalty, and placed in right standing with God] through the Law; you have fallen from grace [for you have lost your grasp on God’s unmerited favor and blessing].

Christian Standard Bible

Holman Christian Standard Bible

American Standard Version
Ye are severed from Christ, ye who would be justified by the law; ye are fallen away from grace.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
You have been destroyed from The Messiah, those of you who are justified by that in The Written Law, and you have fallen from grace.
The question is .............what and WHO does a true believer BELIEVE .
Exactly . JESUS CHRIST , THE TRUTH .
What does a true believer BELIEVE , HIS WORDS ,.
WHO does a true beleiver BELIEVE , JESUS CHRIST .
What does a true beleiver believe TRUTH .
Yet many seemth to rather believe in another jesus , another gospel , and doctrines that be CONTRARY to HIS DOCTRINE .
What does a true believer believe , the WORD and words of GOD .
WHO does a true believer believe , GOD , HIS CHRIST , the SPIRIT .
FOR GOD HAS PLANTED , SHED UPON THIER HEARTS the LOVE OF THE TRUTH .
And yet i say there are many who love not , have not , the LOVE of the TRUTH upon their hearts .
At most they have only the love for twisted doctrine , and that love cometh not or came not OF GOD but rather of the world .

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right. Thanks for the clarification.

Now that we have agreed on this definition, could a believer fall away?
Never eternal security is true in all dispensations. salvation is always by grace through faith. And from the divine view always based on the death and resurrection of Jesus, even inf the object of faith before Jesus was different.

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Never eternal security is true in all dispensations. salvation is always by grace through faith. And from the divine view always based on the death and resurrection of Jesus, even inf the object of faith before Jesus was different.

A believer is someone who believes. Now, could a believer fall away?

Please focus on the above question. This is the 2nd time I have asked.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The reason many cannot debate
is due to a serious lack of biblical knowledge .
I see an inclusvists is tearing up another cause the other clings to certain doctrines of men .
They gonna eat up all who sat under the wrong men .
EVERY SINGEL HUMAN BEING will be delivered over to believe a lie , everyone not written in the lambs book of life .
I suggest any and all get a fresh love with the bible again and do so before it be too late .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

a true believer is SOMEONE who BELIEVES , but what do they beleive and who do they believe .
Cause many be believing in another jesus and another gospel and doctrines contrary to CHRIST .
SO the real truth is this , a true believers believes IN JESUS CHRIST and they BELIEVE JESUS CHRIST , aka WHAT HE SAID
and later WHAT THE APOSTELS SAID .
THAT BE YOUR TRUE BELIEVER RIGHT THERE folks .
Yet i see many believing in another jesus and another love , another go spell from hell .
They often twist scrips to make them FIT this love , this universal kumbayai big and large road to GOD lovey do LIE .
a lie that honors SINS and a lie that accepts all religoins as valid , so long as they lovey do and etc .
THAT BE not only a lie BUT IT IS THE LIE and THE LIE TO GATHER ALL NOT IN THE LAMBS BOOK OF LIFE RIGHT TO PERDITON
and the FURY and FURTIOUS WRATH OF GOD and of the LAMB .
SO , lets ponder on that for a bit
the next time one comes holding the wrong rainbow
lets ponder that the next time one cometh and says let us find common ground with all religoins
and that all religoins are finding their own way to GOD through this WORDLY SATANIC version of love .
And before one tries to tell me judge not and what gives me the right to say
ALL THEM OTHER RELIGOINS serve satan , NOT GOD
before one tries to say judge not you dont know their heart and that there are good people in every religoin .
TRY REMEMBERING THIS .
THERE IS NONE WHO IS GOOD
and the heart of man IS WICKED FROM HIS YOUTH .
I SHUN the core and total message of the all inclusive social gospel unity lie TO HADES and i shall expose it
continually till the day i depart this earth .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

These believe for a while but when temptations come upon them the fall away .........
Beware church lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief in DEPARTING FROM THE LIVING GOD
exhort one another daily lest any do become hardened through the deceitfulness of sin
for we are made partakers of CHRIST , IF , IF , IF , we hold our confidence firm to the END , THE END . THE END .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

IF , if ye shall DO THESE THINGS ye shall never fall .
Beware lest any be taken in with the error of the wicked and FALL
from his own steadfastness .
There are many warnings indeed that were and are to be given to the believers .
ER WORD is for our good , ER WARNING is for our good
IT was and is all inspired by the SPIRIT and worketh to the good of those who take heed unto it .
IT BE A BIBLE TIME folks . i can do this all day with many other reminders
reminders from JESUS CHRIST
reminders from paul
reminders from peter , from jude
and others . TIME we bible up and learn it well and do so for ourselves
FOR many be about cloaked in wool doing the work of darkness .
The devil can wear much more than prada folks
He and his ministirs can wear WOOL . These days are not looking good at all within christendom and the world .
a love that has cometh of the world and of darkness has taken captive many souls to a lie and that lie will not save them
no matter how good it sounded to them .

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If you are talking about salvation? NO!

If you are talking about godly living? Yes one can fall away for a time (backsliding)

It depends on what you are specifically referring to.

A Generic falling away is unanswerable

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
IF , if ye shall DO THESE THINGS ye shall never fall .
Beware lest any be taken in with the error of the wicked and FALL
from his own steadfastness .
There are many warnings indeed that were and are to be given to the believers .
ER WORD is for our good , ER WARNING is for our good
IT was and is all inspired by the SPIRIT and worketh to the good of those who take heed unto it .
IT BE A BIBLE TIME folks . i can do this all day with many other reminders
reminders from JESUS CHRIST
reminders from paul
reminders from peter , from jude
and others . TIME we bible up and learn it well and do so for ourselves
FOR many be about cloaked in wool doing the work of darkness .
The devil can wear much more than prada folks
He and his ministirs can wear WOOL . These days are not looking good at all within christendom and the world .
a love that has cometh of the world and of darkness has taken captive many souls to a lie and that lie will not save them
no matter how good it sounded to them .
save-image.png

• Love