What does "fall away" mean?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There are at least 4 meanings:

1. Shallowed Christians could easily G868-fall away.
  2. The 12 disciples sin and G4624-fall away.
  3. Christians could G1601-fall, G4098-fall, or G5302-fall from grace.
  4. A group of Christians could be in a state of G646-apostasy and fall away.
We have 6 Greek words that are translated as fall away. In every case, it is applied to believers.

Last edited:
Reactions: WalterandDebbie

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

3. Christians could G1601-fall, G4098-gall, or G5302-fall from grace.
We have 6 Greek words that are translated as fall away. In every case, it is applied to believers.
IT do apply to believers . and if they fell away , they were never truly of us
The warnings and exhortations must however , continue .
AND the early church as did JESUS , warned his own that he or she who endures to THE END the same shall be saved .
THEY REMINDED . WE REMIND .
For we are made partakers of CHRIST , IF , now lets take heed to the reminder that follows that if
IF we CONTINUE in CHRIST and be not moved away from the hope o the gospel .
IF we hold our confidence steadfast UNTO THE END . That do say UNTO THE END .
so these reminders are FOR THE GOOD OF THE CHURCH and we must remind with them as well .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
IT do apply to believers . and if they fell away , they were never truly of us
The warnings and exhortations must however , continue .
AND the early church as did JESUS , warned his own that he or she who endures to THE END the same shall be saved .
THEY REMINDED . WE REMIND .
For we are made partakers of CHRIST , IF , now lets take heed to the reminder that follows that if
IF we CONTINUE in CHRIST and be not moved away from the hope o the gospel .
IF we hold our confidence steadfast UNTO THE END . That do say UNTO THE END .
so these reminders are FOR THE GOOD OF THE CHURCH and we must remind with them as well .
save-image.png

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

3. Christians could G1601-fall, G4098-gall, or G5302-fall from grace.
Not all are believers. there is a group that fall away that are unbelievers. They are the group who John wrote about in his epistle

1 John 2:19
They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

Jesus called them tares in teh wheat.

In Hebrews thewy are they which fall away from the truth they heard but never made their own in Israel.

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Those who have placed their trust in the death and physical resurrection of Jesus as the full payment of their sins

Mat 9:28 When he entered the house, the blind men came to him, and Jesus said to them, “Do you believe that I am able to do this?” They said to him, “Yes, Lord.”

Were these blind men believers according to your definition?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mat 9:28 When he entered the house, the blind men came to him, and Jesus said to them, “Do you believe that I am able to do this?” They said to him, “Yes, Lord.”

True belief and dead belief .
One claims to beleive IN JESUS and yet believes NOT alll things He did teach
Lambs believe IN JESUS and BELIEVE JESUS .
Ye shall know them by the doctrine they choose to omit and twist
A lamb loveth all things JESUS taught , a lamb has the love of GOD shed upon its heart
and the words of Truth are their meat .
But many only love the image of a jesus created of men that supports the doctrines of men .
The latter wont bode well on the DAY of the LORD .
Time to choose ye this day to believe ALL that was written and recorded by them apostles in said bible .
For many are picking and choosing and have been at work to create another image of jesus
given by and created by the love that cometh of the world . And again that is not gonna bode well for them on the DAY
of the LORD .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ye shall know them by their love or by their LOVE .
The love that cometh of the world will make claim as though its the love of GOD
but it wont be embracing all things HE did inspire . Its love will come cloaked with good works
but the true gospel , that JESUS CHRIST , it will surely deny .
The love that cometh of the world will not correct sin and error but rather
overlook sin and error and claim to be tolerant
and yet is not tolerant at all towards certain scriptures that expose sin and lies
nor those who bring such scripture . its love honors and puts humanity first .
The LOVE that cometh of GOD would have honored and put GOD , CHRIST first
would have not embrace nor pardoned bad behavoir and sins within the church
The LOVE of GOD would not omit the pattern for all things , correction and etc
For the LOVE of GOD would have rejoiced in the truth
the LOVE of GOD desires not the death of any but rather eternal life .
But the love of the world it puts darkness for light and sweet for bitter and promises salvation and great hope
and yet its love nor its god will be able to deliver them from the wrath of GOD and of the Lamb .
Just a friendly reminder as to remind us there is a love that cometh of the world
and then there is the LOVE that COMETH OF GOD . And while both can have an appearance of good works and doing good
ONE IS DEATH LEADING ONLY UNTO THE SECOND DEATH
The love of the world is but death leading unto the second death .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

YES . for they believed ON JESUS THE CHRIST . and those who did so would later go on to believe on HIS ressurection too .
They did believe .
JESUS had not yet been crucified nor HAD risen .
Just as HE has not yet returned again to gather the saints .
Those in that time did believe IN JESUS , even though HE had not yet been crucified and risen .
But since that time , the ressurection of CHRIST is now to be beleived in ..........
Ronald was giving the true defintion of what it means . But be on gaurd
for many can lip verbatum the gospel and yet be as i once was , a co worker of darkness
using only the name of JESUS and the gospel but KNEW HIM NOT and loved the darkness i did .
These are lip only and do not know HIM .
We have many who also have come to another image of JESUS which is not JESUS CHRIST
these have not the love of GOD shed upon their hearts .
THESE have not the SPIRIT .
For the SPIRIT testifies of JESUS CHRIST , not some other jesus or some other gospel . DO LOOK OUT
for by all inclusive means many are fast running to this other jesus , this other version of god
this other version of love . AND DAMNED THEY WILL BE
lest they come to the TRUE JESUS CHRIST by which THE TRUE SPIRIT OF GOD DRAWS ONE UNTO .
Watch out and beware for the error of the wicked is all over christendom now and many be falling for its ruse .

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Ye shall know them by their love or by their LOVE .
The love that cometh of the world will make claim as though its the love of GOD
but it wont be embracing all things HE did inspire . Its love will come cloaked with good works
but the true gospel , that JESUS CHRIST , it will surely deny .
The love that cometh of the world will not correct sin and error but rather
overlook sin and error and claim to be tolerant
and yet is not tolerant at all towards certain scriptures that expose sin and lies
nor those who bring such scripture . its love honors and puts humanity first .
The LOVE that cometh of GOD would have honored and put GOD , CHRIST first
would have not embrace nor pardoned bad behavoir and sins within the church
The LOVE of GOD would not omit the pattern for all things , correction and etc
For the LOVE of GOD would have rejoiced in the truth
the LOVE of GOD desires not the death of any but rather eternal life .
But the love of the world it puts darkness for light and sweet for bitter and promises salvation and great hope
and yet its love nor its god will be able to deliver them from the wrath of GOD and of the Lamb .
Just a friendly reminder as to remind us there is a love that cometh of the world
and then there is the LOVE that COMETH OF GOD . And while both can have an appearance of good works and doing good
ONE IS DEATH LEADING ONLY UNTO THE SECOND DEATH
The love of the world is but death leading unto the second death .

1 Corinthians 13​

New International Version​

13 If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains,but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,[b]but do not have love, I gain nothing.
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

View attachment 43953

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who have placed their trust in the death and physical resurrection of Jesus as the full payment of their sins

colloquially, being saved, born again
Placed their TRUST IN JESUS THE CHRIST . YEP .
So why are so many now putting their trust in another jesus , another god , another love that wont save .
WHY are so many so fast to beleive
that other religoins have good people in them and that by their so called works and love they know GOD
and are saved .
CAUSE the last time i checked , WHO IS GOOD .
NOW lets examine this real real well .
TELL ME , what person born of a woman IS GOOD . and when i say GOOD i mean According to GODS STANDARDS
of GOD and RIGHTEOUS .
a hint , NONE are . so lets not buy the lie there are good people in other religoins . cause that be a lie .
NO ONE IS GOOD BUT GOD . and that is a FACT . and man cannot save himself , THAT IS A FACT .
LORD , LORD who then can be saved . WITH MAN , WITH MAN , WITH MAN , this is IMPOSSIBLE
but NOT WITH GOD .
and HOW HAS GOD CHOSEN TO SAVE THE WORLD
BY JESUS CHRIST , by the preaching of the gospel that all who do hear and beleive WILL NOT PERISH .
LETS KEEP THAT MINDSET . cause far too many are going down the wrong ever growing broad path
that is being taught under the guise of the love that has come of the WORLD and NOT OF GOD .
THIS IS A DELUSOIN ronald and its a heavy one too . and the lost religoins
heck even a lot within christendom are taking its road to what they think will and does save them
to who they think is GOD . ONLY IT AINT GOD AND IT WONT SAVE THEM .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1 Corinthians 13​

13 If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains,but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,[b]but do not have love, I gain nothing.
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

View attachment 43953
yep . and yet i show unto you are more excellent way . exactly my friend .
Love does not rejoice IN EVIL , INQUITY , ONLY in TRUTH .
and the last time i checked , JESUS IS THE TRUTH , THE WAY and THE LIFE and no man cometh unto the FATHER BUT BY HIM .
HE IS TRUTH . HIS WORDS ARE TRUTH .

so lets remember this the next time one tries to make JESUS the minstir of sin
and also implies there are good people in every religoin and all they need to do is just do good , or have this love .
CAUSE the same JESUS , The SAME GOD said , THERE BE NONE WHO IS GOOD , BUT GOD
THERE IS NONE WHO IS RIGHTEOUS . AND that man cannot , i repeat CANNOT SAVE HIMSELF
EVEN as HIS shocked desicples said , OH MY LORD , WHO THEN CAN BE SAVED ...........
JESUS TOLD THEM . WITH MAN , take note reader , WITH MAN this is IMPOSSIBLE
but not WITH GOD . and GOD CHOSE HOW TO SAVE THE WORLD
and HIS MESSAGE was BELEIVE YE IN JESUS CHRIST . THAT WAS THE TESTIMONY OF GOD .
GOD TESTIFIED OF , THE SPIRIT TESTIFIES OF , JESUS CHRIST
not some baloney about it dont matter what you believe so long as you do you some good and have some love .
CAUSE MAN WONT BE SAVING HIMSELF BY HIS OWN MERITS OR HIS OWN ANYTHING .
BUT , and this is key , BUT I KNOW WHO CAN SAVE . JESUS THE CHRIST . SO HE is who this lamb points too .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1 Corinthians 13​

View attachment 43953
You would be amazed at what i have heard and even been called for POINTING TO JESUS THE CHRIST .
As i even tell others within christendom
That the other religoins must repent to beleive on JESUS THE CHRIST .
and they say DONT JUDGE , what gives YOU THE RIGHT TO SAY such a thing
dont you know there are good people in every religoin .
AND YET , SHOW ME ONE PERSON , JUST ONE . JUST ONE who has not sinned and fallen short of the glory of GOD
JUST ONE .
AND I WILL TELL OF THE ONLY ONE WHO DID . THAT BE JESUS THE CHRIST . HE WAS THE ONLY ONE
who was GOOD , WAS RIGHTEOUS and did all for the sakes of men so as they who do believe would be saved .
THE ONLY ONE I KNOW who has ever walked the earth in human form
that was PERFECT , SINNED NOT , AND FELL NOT SHORT OF THE GLORY OF GOD , WAS JESUS CHRIST .
all others HAVE and thus ALL OTHERS NEED HIM , NEED TO BELIEVE ON HIM
to be saved , to be made righteous, to be justified in the sight of GOD .
NO MAN can justify himself by the deeds of the law
NO MAN can justify himself by the love of the world .
ITS HIGH TIME christendom got busy POINTING TOO HE and HE ALONE .

O'Darby

Feb 17, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So there were no believers while Jesus was alive?

There were no believers until the doctrine of the Atonement had been formulated?

I think we make this way too complicated. There were certainly believers while Jesus was alive. There were certainly believers at the Cross. There were certainly believers who understood He had been resirrected but had no clue about the theological significance.

Jesus and His message have to be understandable to the simplest of us. The message Jesus preached seemed to require little more than believing He had been sent by God and attempting to put His message of mercy and compassion into practice.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

There were no believers until the doctrine of the Atonement had been formulated?

I think we make this way too complicated. There were certainly believers while Jesus was alive. There were certainly believers at the Cross. There were certainly believers who understood He had been resirrected but had no clue about the theological significance.

Jesus and His message have to be understandable to the simplest of us. The message Jesus preached seemed to require little more than believing He had been sent by God and attempting to put His message of mercy and compassion into practice.
I think ronald is talking about what gets preached AFTER HE ROSE .
Not what was beleived BEFORE HE was crucified . cause even the apostels could not understand
what HE meant about certain things , TILL AFTER HE HAD RISEN .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Its true that JESUS did actually even preach the ressurection and etc
But they did not YET grasp what all meant .
JESUS taught it and later did reveal it . When i read the gospels i do see HIM preaching about the death and burial
and ressurection of CHRIST . YET things were Kept FROM THEM . TILL AFTER HE HAD RISEN .
HE said these things unto them , So that they would also REMEMBER HE HAD TOLD THEM
and would BELIEVE . ITs time and its high time we do as did the apostels and true saints .
THEY all preached about the cruxifiction , death burial and ressurection of JESUS CHRIST .
and boy DID JESUS OFTEN use a word . BELIEVE . MAN HE USED That word A LOT
WE NEED TO DO THE SAME and not let the inclusive false love train take any captive to a lie that wont save them .