What Does Forgiveness Look Like in Practice?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BTW, I want to truly thank you for these discussions. It gives me the opportunity a) to prove that you are hateful, judgmental, misguided, and wrong and b) to explain the true meaning of Christianity.

God is love.
Do to others as you would have them do to you.
Love your neighbor as yourself.
Do not judge.

Matthew 11:25-30, "At that time Jesus said, “I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and the intelligent and have revealed them to infants; yes, Father, for such was your gracious will. All things have been handed over to me by my Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.

“Come to me, all you who are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

Notice that his is the exact opposite of your hateful, judgmental, misguided, false, WASP doctrine.
You judge them jim . NOT ME . You judge them as knowing GOD when they dont
and then you turn around and JUDGE ME who say they dont , but that they need to repent and BELIEVE ON THE TRUE JESUS CHRIST .
You need to read acts twenty six again . WELL what on earth am i saying . YOU NEED to get in the bible AGAIN
AND JUST FEAST ON IT .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Same old, same old. Read my previous post.

But wait, there is a new falsehood: "the serpent can say GOD IS LOVE". Unscriptural garbage.
you are dead wrong about that . THE OL SERPENT SURE CAN QUAOTE SCRIPTURE .
ready to repent . HE SURE CAN QUOATE SCRIPS . BUT beware for HE WILL TWIST THEM .
YES HE SURE CAN SAY GOD IS LOVE , but beware the version of love HE WILL BRING .

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah GOD IS LOVE and until you see that the mulsims or any other religion DONT WORSHIP the same GOD we do
THEN MAYBE YOU WILL HAVE THE LOVE OF GOD that would say YE MUST BELIEVE ON JESUS AS THE CHRIST .
YOU aint seeing it . cause again you sat under men who twisted stuff .
YOU DO realize the serpent can say GOD IS LOVE and yet the love he brings WONT HONOR THE SON
THUS IT IN NO WAY HONORS THE FATHER . THE MUSLIMS are as lost as the jews were WHO DIDNT BELIEVE JESUS WAS THE CHRIST .
NOW JESUS Didnt tell the unbelieving jews
OH YE WORSHIP GOD , HE said YE ARE of your father the devil . SAME THING he would tell any other religon .
JIM , stop buying this false love and BUY THE TRUE LOVE that cometh of GOD .
AND THE TRUE LOVE OF GOD would POINT ITS NEIGHBOR TO JESUS AS THE CHRIST , to BELIEVE ON HIM
the muslims DONT JIM . THEY DO NOT RECOGNIZE JESUS as the CHRIST .
I have talked to some . THEY will say oh we do believe in JESUS . BUT NOT THE JESUS OF YOUR BIBLE
NOT THE JESUS of YOUR BIBLE . HE IS NOT THE CHIRST they say HE IS NOT THE SON OF GOD .
IN EFFECT THEY CALL GOD A LIAR . THEY DO NOT WORSHIP THE SAME GOD christains do .
NOW THEY DO worship the same god the all inclusive many path accepting lie does . BUT DO UNDERSTAND
why i didnt capitilze that god . SATAN aint been sleeping jim .
SATAN KNOWS JESUS IS THE CHRIST . SATAN KNOWS ONE MUST BELIEVE IN HIM TO BE SAVED .
SO SATAN IS GONNA PRODUCE TWO THINGS . another jesus that contradicts THE JESUS
and another love that contradicts THE LOVE of GOD . YOU WOULD SEE THAT IF YA GOT THAT HEAD IN THE BIBLE
and stopped heeding these scripture twisters who HAVE NOT THE LOVE OF GOD at all in them .
"...until you see that the mulsims [sic] or any other religion DONT WORSHIP the same GOD we do" is sheer nonsense. Christians, Jews, and Muslims all worship the one true God, even if they call Him by different names.

BTW, be careful of lying. Jesus was a Jew, as were all His disciples, all the apostles, all the authors of the Bible (except Luke) and all the earliest church members.

Why don't you take a break and learn to express yourself in even moderately-correct English? Your claim that you attended college is really hard to believe, since you can't even write decently.

Finally, unlike yourself I read the Bible and understand what it says.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Same old, same old. Read my previous post.

But wait, there is a new falsehood: "the serpent can say GOD IS LOVE". Unscriptural garbage.
AND just what was ol satan trying to quoate to JESUS . IT IS WRITTEN .
OH YES HE CAN QUOATE TRUTHS . OH YES HE CAN . BUT AGAIN beware HIS TWIST .
CAUSE HIMS GONNA BRING ANOTHER VERSION OF LOVE that aint love him .
NOW You just got proved dead wrongagain . GO AHEAD JIM
TELL ME NOW that the devil cant quoate scrips . AND YET USE THEM , TWIST THEM . OH YEAH HE DO JIM .
AND SADLY most of christendom is buying his verision of WHAT HE CALLS THE LOVE OF GOD .
GO ahead and prove to me in scrips where the devil cannot quoate IT IS WRITTEN . I MEAN he can
quoate it WORD FOR WORD JIMMY , just like the progressive social all inclusive preaches n leaders can .
BUT BE WARNED , SATAN as well as them are POINTING YOU and others to A SENSUAL VERSION OF LOVE
a version the world can grab onto . BUT IT SURE AINT GONNA SAVE THEM , NOR IS IT LOVE , NOR COMETH IT OF GOD .
FOR IF IT was the LOVE OF GOD , IT WOULD NOT CONTRADICT TRUTH JIMMY .
IT WOULD NOT preach and embrace in lies . AND IT WOULD NOT HAVE MADE THE PATH TO GOD BROAD
under A FALSE LOVE EITHER

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"...until you see that the mulsims [sic] or any other religion DONT WORSHIP the same GOD we do" is sheer nonsense. Christians, Jews, and Muslims all worship the one true God, even if they call Him by different names.

BTW, be careful of lying. Jesus was a Jew, as were all His disciples, all the apostles, all the authors of the Bible (except Luke) and all the earliest chu8rch members.
Go ahead jim , lets stick to the subject at hand .
PROVE TO ME WHERE I AM WRONG , PROVE TO ME THAT SATAN CANNOT qoaute the scrip verbatum
and YET BRING a twist . HE SURE CAN SAY GOD IS LOVE
HEY JIM HE has been doing it through lustful men for years jim . LEADING ALL ASTRAY under a love
that came not of GOD .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
REST My case JIM . You just keep on falling short . Now i have come to try and help you .
GET IN the BIBLE JIM . GET IN IT and FLEE the social all inclusive progressive love of GOD it is trying to sell ya . CAUSE IT AINT OF GOD
and IT SURE AINT LOVE

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

BTW, be careful of lying. Jesus was a Jew, as were all His disciples, all the apostles, all the authors of the Bible (except Luke) and all the earliest chu8rch members.
According to the flesh JESUS was A JEW
and LOOK AT what HE TOLD the UNBELIEVING JEW .
YE are of your FATHER the devil . MAN jim you are actually helping me to make my point .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

BTW, be careful of lying. Jesus was a Jew, as were all His disciples, all the apostles, all the authors of the Bible (except Luke) and all the earliest church members.

Why don't you take a break and learn to express yourself in even moderately-correct English? Your claim that you attended college is really hard to believe, since you can't even write decently.

Finally, unlike yourself I read the Bible and understand what it says.
THEY were all jews , cept luke is right .
AND paul a jew told the unbelieving jews as HE SHOOK the dust off his feet as a testimony agianst them ................
GO on jim , you are making this so simple for me .
I sure hope you are ready to listen now . Wait , you were not about to pull the racist card out agaist me
LIKE YOU DO as times . You were not going to try and make it seem like i hate even the jews
just like you try and make it seem like i hate muslims
or gays . JUST CAUSE I CORRECT . JIM , your card and tatics WILL NEVER WORK on a lamb .
JESUS is WITH THE LAMBS and a mouth he does give us .
TRY POINTING TO CHRIST .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Progressives no likey lambs that know those bibles . Lambs that follow JESUS
that embrace and love the scriptures .
its easy for progressives to come into churches and decieve many
cause many AINT BEEN reading the bible for themselves .

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One does not approach God unless one is humble enough to accept his help/healing etc.
Ever wondered why Jesus could not do miracles in Nazeruth?

The theology of forgiveness as you say is not built on one verse, but on the whole teaching of the bible, but one's theology has to account for such verses as luke 17:3.

There is a big problem when repentance is removed from forgiveness.
People who have been hurt, are told they must forgive those who hurt them and when those offender are not known or are unrepentant, they struggle to forgive them.

Biblical forgiveness means they don't have to, but instead they hand the offenders, the situation, their feelings all over to God for him to deal with.
At the same time they start praying for the offenders.

I don't expect you to agree, but please consider how you would councel a Christian who has suffered real hurt from an unknown offender. How do they forgive the offender, how do they deal with their feelings resulting from the incident?

All to often I read of super spiritual comments to ' just ' forgive!

I like the above post. It has a number of nice points - so let's look at them and consider, as asked.

It is correct to say that "One does not approach God unless one is humble! Very nicely put. That is where repentance comes in. Repentance is a direct result of being humble!!! This might be easy to see when we look at the opposite - pride! God is omni-present and He is also all knowledgeable and all powerful. To show just how prideful men are, we just have to show how we don't go to the omni-present all powerful God regularly for advice and help. Do not seek the Lord and His advice, as in taking all thoughts captive to Him, is the pinacle of stupidity, as if we could think like God or have the Power of God, and it a direct result of our pride - our leaning on our understanding instead of seeking Him for His understanding. And to show you my silly pride, I confess to only hearing the Lord about a dozen times a day! Yet saying that at church is often misunderstood as a statement of pride as opposed to by foolishness. That happens because to many others have more pride than I do, and mine is obviously too much to me if not others.

Therefore repentance is a directly connect to our pride and shows the lack of our humility!! Never-the-less repentance has nothing to do with forgiveness, except that it puts us in connection with God!!! So it really makes no sence to say "There is a big problem when repentance is removed from forgiveness."l That should have read, "That the big problems is when we are removed from God.!" Repentance helps solve that big problem - yet there is another problem that also causes us to be removed from God!!

It is written that how you judge so shall you be judged!!!

Forgiveness is a judgement!!! You can judge others need to be held accountable for their sins against you by God, or you can forgive them, which is wanting them to be held accountable for their sins against you by God. What we fail to realize is that to receive God's forgives for our sins we need to forgive others for their sins!!! So if you are judging others need to be held accountable for their sins by God, then you subject yourself to being held accountable by God. Infact, failing to forgive others and wanting to be held accountable for their sins against you by God is in fact what a curse is!! We are either forgiving others for their sins or we are cursing them!!

So repentance gets us access to God so we can hear the voice of the Lord, but forgiveness of others gets us God's forgiveness for us!!

We need both to get to heaven! It is like how we need God's mercy and grace. They are not the same thing, but we need both to get to where we are going. Repentance get us God's Mercy, and forgiveness gets us God's grace!!

Mercy is where God's lets you hear from Him though you are still a sinner. Grace is where you get God's forgiveness of sins and gets you to heaven! It is to say that God's mercy (from repentance) keeps you out of hell, where as God's Grace (gets to heaven). Again - God's mercy means you don't get the punishment you deserve, and God's grace means you get the unmerited favor that you don't deserve!

You don't deserve to be able to hear the counsel of God, but if you humble yourself and seek Him (become a repentance man) He will talk to you and give you His counsel, and teachings, and instructions! Included in those teachings and instructions will be the teachings and instructions about forgiving others and thus getting you His grace (unmerited favor / heaven)

If this is still not clear - if you humble yourself and seek God you will find Him as opposed to just hearing from demons!! The He will explain to you that you need to forgive others - which gets you the grace of God!!

So you do need both to keep you out of hell and to get to heaven, but they are not the same thing!! Just like you see people tend to say God's mercy and grace together, we also see people put repentance and forgiveness together - and they are correct to do so, but again - they are absolutely not the same thing!! They are two separate things of which you need both!!

Now for the final thing to consider from the above post which is:

"consider how you would councel a Christian who has suffered real hurt from an unknown offender. How do they forgive the offender, how do they deal with their feelings resulting from the incident?"

This is really easy to explain - especially because this was often the case in the healing ministry, and even more so in my like - so in other lives also!!! We have a perfect example of the solution at the cross!!

What did Jesus say on the cross?? He said Father forgive them!

So who are those called "THEM" by Jesus Christ. If you still don't understand - THEM - includes all those who have sinned against Him!!!

And remember that David, though he did against others, said that he had sinned against God. God made all things, therefore our sinning against others can be seen as just our sinning against God the creator of all things! All things were created though Jesus Christ - therefore He forgave us all for our sins!! The He became the Saviour (the sacrifice for our sins) - yet will still have those two problems!! The one of repentance (our humbling ourselves so as to open up to Him) and our making our judgement to be forgiveness of others as opposed to making curses (our request of others to be held accountable)

Therefore we all have access to God's salvation (Jesus Christ) and His Kingdom of God (He is the King) but we still have to pick up that free gift of salvation by repenting/humbling ourselves (which takes just enough faith to believe He is there with us at all times as are high preist that we can repent to), and then forgive others instead of cursing them, as He teachings and instructs you to do!!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I couldn't resist, do da da da, aaahhhh Night at the Roxbury moments:

Last edited:
Reactions: WalterandDebbie

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Jim B and @amigo de christo please, no more arguing against each other on this topic. The topic is, what does forgiveness look like?
Please know and understand that ol jim is gonna follow me around wherever i go .
And when and if he do , I gotta , for the sake of others , respond .
Most have no idea what jim believes and WHY he goes after me like a pit bull on a pork chop .
But i have zero problem with this request . Lets just see if when i even speak IF OL JIM wont honor it .
The man follows me around like a hawk sister . You might want to go back and read all our posts
and you examine The both of us . WATCH what we both speak on
what WHO we both point too . Watch what we say about the bible .
watch what we both say about TOTAL FAITH having TO BELIEVE IN JESUS .
Watch what we both say about everything . YOU DO THAT .
DO it . And you gonna see something . And as a man of GOD i must do as i am led to do .
Jim gonna follow me around for one reason . He believes in and preaches the inclusive social gospel .
And i preach the ONE TRUE GOSPEL . The man even thinks the muslims believe in the same GOD we do .
That will not be accepted on my watch . THE ONLY ONES who truly WORSHIP GOD
are THOSE IN , WHO BELIEVE IN JESUS CHRIST . I TAKE THAT TO MY GRAVE . But hated i will be for doing so .

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You judge them jim . NOT ME . You judge them as knowing GOD when they dont
and then you turn around and JUDGE ME who say they dont , but that they need to repent and BELIEVE ON THE TRUE JESUS CHRIST .
You need to read acts twenty six again . WELL what on earth am i saying . YOU NEED to get in the bible AGAIN
AND JUST FEAST ON IT .
One says the other judges a person and knowing God, and the other say he shouldn't be judge when he clearly says the don't know God???

Jesus said He didn't judge, but as He heard He judged!

Therefore I ask, which one of you believes that they heard??

Is not "Hear, O Isreal" the foremost commandment??

And reading is not hearing!!!!

So does reading the Bible without hearing from the Lord our God do you any good?

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Progressives no likey lambs that know those bibles . Lambs that follow JESUS
that embrace and love the scriptures .
its easy for progressives to come into churches and decieve many
cause many AINT BEEN reading the bible for themselves .
I thought it was written that you shall love the Lord you God with all your heart, and you neighbor as yourself. Where is it written that you shall love an inanimate object? Idolatry is made up of such statements We are not making an idol out of the Bible, and thereby replacing actually knowing our Lord Jesus Christ with leaning on our own understanding, are we?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One says the other judges a person and knowing God, and the other say he shouldn't be judge when he clearly says the don't know God???

Jesus said He didn't judge, but as He heard He judged!

Therefore I ask, which one of you believes that they heard??

Is not "Hear, O Isreal" the foremost commandment??

And reading is not hearing!!!!

So does reading the Bible without hearing from the Lord our God do you any good?
Talk about overthinking things .
Hey karl , how about this . THOSE WHO TRULY DO hear and have heard from GOD
would be WELL DUG in the bible .
OH I know some folks read it and yet have not the SPIRIT .
You are way overthinking things .
IT seems to me you might have sat under men that had a problem .
AND THEIR Problem is this . THEY cant decieve lambs and lambs are DUG IN THE BIBLE .
SO they go about to try and down play the dire need to trust in the scrips and to read them
SO that men will HEED THEM , as in THEMSELVES . WE both know you sat under such men .
Cause i have read some of your posts about the bible .
OH YOU DONT SAY ITS EVIL at all . Neither do they .
They come in amongst us as though they are of us .
THEN they come in with ideals . ideals that might contain some truth
but ideals that , none the less put the trust MORE INTO THE TEACHER rather than in the BIBLE .
ME NO HEED SUCH MEN .
NOW GET IN THE BIBLE , stay in THE BIBLE , READING and LOVING THE BIBLE .
FOR HE or she who hears and has heard from GOD , would have a LOVE OF THE TRUTH .

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Talk about overthinking things .
Hey karl , how about this . THOSE WHO TRULY DO hear and have heard from GOD
would be WELL DUG in the bible .
OH I know some folks read it and yet have not the SPIRIT .
You are way overthinking things .
IT seems to me you might have sat under men that had a problem .
AND THEIR Problem is this . THEY cant decieve lambs and lambs are DUG IN THE BIBLE .
SO they go about to try and down play the dire need to trust in the scrips and to read them
SO that men will HEED THEM , as in THEMSELVES . WE both know you sat under such men .
Cause i have read some of your posts about the bible .
OH YOU DONT SAY ITS EVIL at all . Neither do they .
They come in amongst us as though they are of us .
THEN they come in with ideals . ideals that might contain some truth
but ideals that , none the less put the trust MORE INTO THE TEACHER rather than in the BIBLE .
ME NO HEED SUCH MEN .
NOW GET IN THE BIBLE , stay in THE BIBLE , READING and LOVING THE BIBLE .
FOR HE or she who hears and has heard from GOD , would have a LOVE OF THE TRUTH .

What you fail to understand is that we don't "Love the Bible" - we don't Embrace the Bible - so we are not actually putting out trust in the Bible but the Bible clearly say to put your trust in Jesus Christ!!

Now the first words I heard from my Lord Jesus Christ were "Ready You Bible", thereby proving that He is not the Bible but the Word of God who speaks to us about the Bible!!!

If indeed a person listen to Him and gets to know Him they will love Him!! That is why the foremost commandment is "Hear, O Isreal"!!

Did you not read this in your Bible???

Mark 12: 28 -29 One of the scribes came and heard them arguing, and recognizing that He had answered them well, asked Him, “What commandment is the foremost of all?” Jesus answered, “The foremost is, ‘HEAR, O ISRAEL! THE LORD OUR GOD IS ONE LORD; AND YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND, AND WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH.’

The Scriptures are correct, because the Lord had people write them, but leaning on you own understanding as opposed to actually listening and to the Lord and talking to Him about them will lead you to wrong conclusions!!

Look close at the above verses!! The Lord had me do that one day and He pointed what was written.

When He was asked what is the foremost commandment as He responded "The foremost is, "HEAR, O ISRAEL!"

That is a commandment and the question put to Him was "What commandment is the foremost of all?" So the one and only commandment which is the foremost!! Not the ten commandments in the Law. Not even the second most important commandment, but the single foremost commandment!!

The answer was then, "HEAR, O ISRAEL"!!! How did you miss that!! And it doesn't read "READ, O ISRAEL", does it???

And then look at what happens if you "HEAR, O ISRAEL"!!!

You find out that the "THE LORD OUR GOD IS ONE LORD"!!!

And this is interesting because there are many who don't understand that the Father, Son, and Spirit are One!! So many in fact that those running this forum and outlawed talking about the word we have for this understanding!! Are they hearing the Lord as we find commanded even as the foremost command, as in "Hear, O Israel"?

And look again at the Scriptures ( which supposedly love) they read that if you "HEAR, O ISREAL" then ":

AND YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND, AND WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH.’

Reading the Bible and leaning on you own understanding only lead to you loving yourself and that to pride!!

It will lead you to judging others, but not as you hear!!!

And there is another thing that happens. The Lord keeps trying to get your attention!!!

You wrote that you think Jim is following you around, but it is not Jim who is truly following you around!! Did you not read:

Rev 3:19,20 ‘Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline; therefore be zealous and repent. ‘Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.'

Do you not see in the above verses that Jesus is standing there with you always, as in following you around? He does that because He loves you!! But He whom He loves He reproves and discipline!! You read that, right?? It is written clearly in the Bible: those inanimate writings which you claim to love!

And look again, closely so you get it! Jesus is standing there speaking with His voice, always, just so you can open up to Him (the person of Jesus Christ) who will then come into you and then you two will eat together and talk together, and get to know each other ...!!

He is, like a man looking for His bride, and trying to get the churches attention, as that man looking for a bride!! It is written that we love HIM (not the Bible) because He (that man who is the Son of God and the Word of God) loved us first!! Yet you write to love our Bible???

Can you still not see the problem???

According to your own words, you are loving writing as opposed to the Person of Jesus Christ!!! Hearing Him, according to the Bible as just discussed, means you shall love Him!!!

Yet to many it was written:

FOR THE HEART OF THIS PEOPLE HAS BECOME DULL,
WITH THEIR EARS THEY SCARCELY HEAR,
AND THEY HAVE CLOSED THEIR EYES,
OTHERWISE THEY WOULD SEE WITH THEIR EYES,
HEAR WITH THEIR EARS,
AND UNDERSTAND WITH THEIR HEART AND RETURN,
AND I WOULD HEAL THEM.'

In your Bible the above problem is clearly pointed out!!!! And many times.

So the Bible is good for reproof and teaching, but if reading did not lead a person to actually hearing, and regularly, from the Lord then do they love Him???
He the Lord our God is always, always, always, with us!! So His sheep hear His voice and they go about doing what He asks of them, because they love Him, the person who is Jesus Christ and who talks to us!!!

He talks to us in the grocery store, while driving, when taking a walk with Him. We are not "SCARCELY" hearing from Him - because He is always with us and following us around, and we know it because we hear His voice everyday called Today!! We love Him!! So we tell others to seek Him and listen to Him, and Love Him!!!

If you care to believe it; He asked me to come and post again this morning!! And the purpose He almost always has for having me post is to get His people, who like those written to above in Mat 13:15, are dull of hearing and with their ears they scarcely hear!!

Matthew, like the other who wrote the Bible on His request, are writings mean to lead you to Him whose name is called "THE WORD OF GOD", because He is standing the speaking to us. Who will open up to Him???

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you fail to understand is that we don't "Love the Bible" - we don't Embrace the Bible - so we are not actually putting out trust in the Bible but the Bible clearly say to put your trust in Jesus Christ!!

Now the first words I heard from my Lord Jesus Christ were "Ready You Bible", thereby proving that He is not the Bible but the Word of God who speaks to us about the Bible!!!

If indeed a person listen to Him and gets to know Him they will love Him!! That is why the foremost commandment is "Hear, O Isreal"!!

Did you not read this in your Bible???

Mark 12: 28 -29 One of the scribes came and heard them arguing, and recognizing that He had answered them well, asked Him, “What commandment is the foremost of all?” Jesus answered, “The foremost is, ‘HEAR, O ISRAEL! THE LORD OUR GOD IS ONE LORD; AND YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND, AND WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH.’

The Scriptures are correct, because the Lord had people write them, but leaning on you own understanding as opposed to actually listening and to the Lord and talking to Him about them will lead you to wrong conclusions!!

Look close at the above verses!! The Lord had me do that one day and He pointed what was written.

When He was asked what is the foremost commandment as He responded "The foremost is, "HEAR, O ISRAEL!"

That is a commandment and the question put to Him was "What commandment is the foremost of all?" So the one and only commandment which is the foremost!! Not the ten commandments in the Law. Not even the second most important commandment, but the single foremost commandment!!

The answer was then, "HEAR, O ISRAEL"!!! How did you miss that!! And it doesn't read "READ, O ISRAEL", does it???

And then look at what happens if you "HEAR, O ISRAEL"!!!

You find out that the "THE LORD OUR GOD IS ONE LORD"!!!

And this is interesting because there are many who don't understand that the Father, Son, and Spirit are One!! So many in fact that those running this forum and outlawed talking about the word we have for this understanding!! Are they hearing the Lord as we find commanded even as the foremost command, as in "Hear, O Israel"?

And look again at the Scriptures ( which supposedly love) they read that if you "HEAR, O ISREAL" then ":

AND YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND, AND WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH.’

Reading the Bible and leaning on you own understanding only lead to you loving yourself and that to pride!!

It will lead you to judging others, but not as you hear!!!

And there is another thing that happens. The Lord keeps trying to get your attention!!!

You wrote that you think Jim is following you around, but it is not Jim who is truly following you around!! Did you not read:

Rev 3:19,20 ‘Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline; therefore be zealous and repent. ‘Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.'

Do you not see in the above verses that Jesus is standing there with you always, as in following you around? He does that because He loves you!! But He whom He loves He reproves and discipline!! You read that, right?? It is written clearly in the Bible: those inanimate writings which you claim to love!

And look again, closely so you get it! Jesus is standing there speaking with His voice, always, just so you can open up to Him (the person of Jesus Christ) who will then come into you and then you two will eat together and talk together, and get to know each other ...!!

He is, like a man looking for His bride, and trying to get the churches attention, as that man looking for a bride!! It is written that we love HIM (not the Bible) because He (that man who is the Son of God and the Word of God) loved us first!! Yet you write to love our Bible???

Can you still not see the problem???

According to your own words, you are loving writing as opposed to the Person of Jesus Christ!!! Hearing Him, according to the Bible as just discussed, means you shall love Him!!!

Yet to many it was written:

FOR THE HEART OF THIS PEOPLE HAS BECOME DULL,
WITH THEIR EARS THEY SCARCELY HEAR,
AND THEY HAVE CLOSED THEIR EYES,
OTHERWISE THEY WOULD SEE WITH THEIR EYES,
HEAR WITH THEIR EARS,
AND UNDERSTAND WITH THEIR HEART AND RETURN,
AND I WOULD HEAL THEM.'

In your Bible the above problem is clearly pointed out!!!! And many times.

So the Bible is good for reproof and teaching, but if reading did not lead a person to actually hearing, and regularly, from the Lord then do they love Him???
He the Lord our God is always, always, always, with us!! So His sheep hear His voice and they go about doing what He asks of them, because they love Him, the person who is Jesus Christ and who talks to us!!!

He talks to us in the grocery store, while driving, when taking a walk with Him. We are not "SCARCELY" hearing from Him - because He is always with us and following us around, and we know it because we hear His voice everyday called Today!! We love Him!! So we tell others to seek Him and listen to Him, and Love Him!!!

If you care to believe it; He asked me to come and post again this morning!! And the purpose He almost always has for having me post is to get His people, who like those written to above in Mat 13:15, are dull of hearing and with their ears they scarcely hear!!

Matthew, like the other who wrote the Bible on His request, are writings mean to lead you to Him whose name is called "THE WORD OF GOD", because He is standing the speaking to us. Who will open up to Him???
Yeah a lot of folks claim their trust hope and faith IS in JESUS .
Yet their jesus contradicts the BIBLICAL ONE . That my friend is deadly . And boy do i mean deadly .
Back in bible . And convince all who claim the name of CHRIST to do the same .

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah a lot of folks claim their trust hope and faith IS in JESUS .
Yet their jesus contradicts the BIBLICAL ONE . That my friend is deadly . And boy do i mean deadly .
Back in bible . And convince all who claim the name of CHRIST to do the same .
The Bible doesn't conflict with Jesus, but your understanding can!! When you write that we are to embrace and love the Bible, that understanding is not in the Bible and conflicts with the understanding that comes from the Lord our God!! God commanded that you love the Lord our God with all our hearts, but you replaced loving God with loving the sacred writings!!

You are replacing Jesus Christ the Bible!!!

You are making an idol out of the Bible - a book made out of wood/paper and ink!!

The Scriptures are not God. They are not alive. They are not a person whom we can love!! And they are not God!!

This why Jesus told the Jews:

Jn 5:39,40 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

That is the "deadly" problem those religious Jews had when Jesus came to earth, and it is written that there is nothing new under the sun!!

There are still people (it is not you is it?) who to this day are searching the scriptures for eternal life instead of coming to Jesus Christ and listening to Him!!

So you are correct to write "Yeah a lot of folks claim their trust hope and faith IS in JESUS .
Yet their jesus contradicts the BIBLICAL ONE ."

Saying we have to love the Bible - as opposed to saying we are to love Jesus Christ the Lord our God, "contradict the BIBLICAL ONE!!!

So who are those "lot of folks" who "claim their trust hope and faith IS in JESUS. Yet their jesus contradicts the BIBLICAL ONE" is you is it not??

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My husband gave a great answer to my op:

Forgiveness is not seeking personal vengeance and taking as many steps towards reconciliation as wisdom allows.

I agree with this because I believe God treats us this way. He goes beyond just not seeking personal vengeance as much as possible.

Reactions: Nancy