What does God get out of all this?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bling

May 5, 2009
Are we assuming God has something to gain in making this universe, this earth and humans?

Does God gain something from his creation but would have done it anyway even if He had gotten nothing?

We talk about God wanting our Love and/or fellowship and He does get that but is that “gain” for God?

As parents with a wonderful child we still receive added Love from a second child that is even marginal, but would that be the same with God? In God’s situation He has the infinite Jesus for an infinite amount of time to Love Him infinitely, so adding my Love to infinite Love does not increase the Love, so what does God gain? In other words Christ’s Love far exceeds mine and can supply God with all He needs so why have me?

What about a “cost/benefit analysis”, what cost does God pay for one extra child He has to care for, this is like the value of one in a dozen prodigal sons returning needing help and the others remaining to starve to death in a pigsty. What about the price God paid with His one innocent son? I am just not seeing the value to God I provide compared to the huge price God is paying.

What is to be my motivation for Loving/serving others and do I have anything to gain from it?

If my Love is to be unconditional then it is to be unconditional so would that mean I do not need to gain anything from it?

Is everything positive I do as a Christian to be solely out of gratitude or am I also trying to gain something?

There are lots of verses about our reward (Matt. 6:4, Matt 10:42, Matt 16:27, I Cor. 3:8 & 14, Col. 3:24)
And you have Matt. 20 :1-16 “The Parable of the Workers in the Vineyard”. Our heavenly Home is also talked about being a birthright as we live here on earth and you can’t increase or decrease your birth right by your own behavior, all you can do is sell it or give it away?

Even though the when scripture talks about a heavenly reward it would not have to be increasing with our effort, just be our future reward staying the same?

If God is doing all this for just our sake and ending up causing Him just increased pain in total, than our God is truly unselfish?

Warrior

Apr 18, 2012
I scramble words when I read them but I get your message. God created all of this to have friends, Companions, We are here to Glorify God, and of course Talk to Him.

williemac

Apr 29, 2012
Canada
Everything God is,does,and says, is an expression of Himself. He said "I am that I am".
He commands His creation to bear fruit. He created His creation to bear fruit. His nature also therefore, is to bear fruit.
It is no coincidence that the one thing that all life has in common is reproduction. This gives God glory. God is the source of life, the giver of life. It is His nature to do so.

He created for Himself. He finished "His" work (of creating) in six days. Now He works at loving His creation for His creation's benefit. God is love.

It was His good pleasure to create His universe and is His good pleasure to love it.

These things He has declared.

blessings, Howie

bling

May 5, 2009
Inmate said:
I scramble words when I read them but I get your message. God created all of this to have friends, Companions, We are here to Glorify God, and of course Talk to Him.
What benefit did the Father get out of “Loving” the prodigal son especially if the prodigal son had not returned?

williemac said:
Everything God is,does,and says, is an expression of Himself. He said "I am that I am".
He commands His creation to bear fruit. He created His creation to bear fruit. His nature also therefore, is to bear fruit.
It is no coincidence that the one thing that all life has in common is reproduction. This gives God glory. God is the source of life, the giver of life. It is His nature to do so.

He created for Himself. He finished "His" work (of creating) in six days. Now He works at loving His creation for His creation's benefit. God is love.

It was His good pleasure to create His universe and is His good pleasure to love it.

These things He has declared.

blessings, Howie
Not sure how this answers my questions?

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
God created everything because God is love. And that is what love does.....it creates. It does not get anything in return nor seek anything in return. God does not need anything because He created all things.

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
What does God get out of this?what a question.
For the answer i think we have to go back to the Garden of Eden,Mans original role in this world was to take care of the garden of eden and its animals,I assume God had other things to do so he created Adam and Eve for the job.They were both immortal,and living in a paradise,and they succumbed to evil anyway.

God now realized he made a mistake when he created man and sentenced us to death.But he still leaves the door open for those of us who can live up to his expectations,He even sent his Son to show that it is possible to live a perfect righteous life in this world,even with the presence of satan.

With the blood of Christ we now have the opportunity to return to paradise.We need God,he doesnt need us.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
bling said:
Are we assuming God has something to gain in making this universe, this earth and humans?

Does God gain something from his creation but would have done it anyway even if He had gotten nothing?

We talk about God wanting our Love and/or fellowship and He does get that but is that “gain” for God?

As parents with a wonderful child we still receive added Love from a second child that is even marginal, but would that be the same with God? In God’s situation He has the infinite Jesus for an infinite amount of time to Love Him infinitely, so adding my Love to infinite Love does not increase the Love, so what does God gain? In other words Christ’s Love far exceeds mine and can supply God with all He needs so why have me?

What about a “cost/benefit analysis”, what cost does God pay for one extra child He has to care for, this is like the value of one in a dozen prodigal sons returning needing help and the others remaining to starve to death in a pigsty. What about the price God paid with His one innocent son? I am just not seeing the value to God I provide compared to the huge price God is paying.

What is to be my motivation for Loving/serving others and do I have anything to gain from it?

If my Love is to be unconditional then it is to be unconditional so would that mean I do not need to gain anything from it?

Is everything positive I do as a Christian to be solely out of gratitude or am I also trying to gain something?

There are lots of verses about our reward (Matt. 6:4, Matt 10:42, Matt 16:27, I Cor. 3:8 & 14, Col. 3:24)
And you have Matt. 20 :1-16 “The Parable of the Workers in the Vineyard”. Our heavenly Home is also talked about being a birthright as we live here on earth and you can’t increase or decrease your birth right by your own behavior, all you can do is sell it or give it away?

Even though the when scripture talks about a heavenly reward it would not have to be increasing with our effort, just be our future reward staying the same?

If God is doing all this for just our sake and ending up causing Him just increased pain in total, than our God is truly unselfish?
I'm not sure I quite understand exactly what you are asking, but I will answer anyway...!

The bible tells us that God is ultimately after his own glory. This is just and right, as he is completely holy, good, righteous...etc.
God therefore created man TO glorify him. Mankind sinned, however, which may seem totally opposed to that goal, and in a sense it is...we are in rebellion against God and his plan for us. God's response to this?? He sent his son to save us, and in doing so gave mankind an even bigger and better way to show God's glory! Perfect Adam glorified God yes, just as the angels do...but when a sinful man see's and accepts Jesus' redemption and breaks free of sin and death solely due to God's saving grace....wow....his glory shines then! This is exactly why salvation MUST be through grace alone....if it is all God and none us, then ALL the glory goes to God!

The wonderful thing for us in this...is freedom. If God is ultimately for his own glory, then everything he tells us to do (or not do) in scripture, is not because he wants us to submit grudgingly to his will and white knuckle our Christian walk...no, not at all! God is MOST glorified in our joy, our worship, our praise, our happiness. Being a good God, and being for his own glory, he KNOWS that our best joy comes in putting sinful things to death and becoming closer to him. Every 'rule' in scripture is for our joy, and his glory...and in this way....you ask what does God gain...? He gains his glory even as we gain absolute joy....it's a winner both ways!

bling

May 5, 2009
Inmate said:
Not sure I agree with you, how did you get that from what I asked?

Pelaides said:
What does God get out of this?what a question.
For the answer i think we have to go back to the Garden of Eden,Mans original role in this world was to take care of the garden of eden and its animals,I assume God had other things to do so he created Adam and Eve for the job.They were both immortal,and living in a paradise,and they succumbed to evil anyway.

God now realized he made a mistake when he created man and sentenced us to death.But he still leaves the door open for those of us who can live up to his expectations,He even sent his Son to show that it is possible to live a perfect righteous life in this world,even with the presence of satan.

With the blood of Christ we now have the opportunity to return to paradise.We need God,he doesnt need us.
Deity can live a perfect life and when deity lived within a human body it did live a perfect life.

I think the tending of the Garden was more a wonderful hoppy to busy Adam then real "work"? I mean how would you like to care for a garden that had no weeds?

Rach said:
I'm not sure I quite understand exactly what you are asking, but I will answer anyway...!

The bible tells us that God is ultimately after his own glory. This is just and right, as he is completely holy, good, righteous...etc.
God therefore created man TO glorify him. Mankind sinned, however, which may seem totally opposed to that goal, and in a sense it is...we are in rebellion against God and his plan for us. God's response to this?? He sent his son to save us, and in doing so gave mankind an even bigger and better way to show God's glory! Perfect Adam glorified God yes, just as the angels do...but when a sinful man see's and accepts Jesus' redemption and breaks free of sin and death solely due to God's saving grace....wow....his glory shines then! This is exactly why salvation MUST be through grace alone....if it is all God and none us, then ALL the glory goes to God!

The wonderful thing for us in this...is freedom. If God is ultimately for his own glory, then everything he tells us to do (or not do) in scripture, is not because he wants us to submit grudgingly to his will and white knuckle our Christian walk...no, not at all! God is MOST glorified in our joy, our worship, our praise, our happiness. Being a good God, and being for his own glory, he KNOWS that our best joy comes in putting sinful things to death and becoming closer to him. Every 'rule' in scripture is for our joy, and his glory...and in this way....you ask what does God gain...? He gains his glory even as we gain absolute joy....it's a winner both ways!
Not sure about this?

Does sinful man that ends up going to hell bringglory to God?

The Bible say Adam and Eve were made “very good”, but you say “perfect”, so do you think they were clones of Christ?

A tree brings “glory” to God by being a tree so, do we need to be doing something more then a tree does?

Jan 6, 2013
GOD WILL TEACH YOU
Ephesians 1:17 (KJV) That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

John 14:26 (KJV) But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

I Corinthians 2:12 (KJV) Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
I Corinthians 2:13 (KJV) Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
I Corinthians 2:14 (KJV) But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
Colossians 2:8 (KJV) Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

I John 2:27 (KJV) But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

IN THE IMAGE OF GOD
Genesis 1:27 (KJV) So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him, male and female created he them.
DOMINION ON EARTH
Job 38:33 (KJV) Knowest thou the ordinances of heaven? Canst thou set the dominion thereof in the earth?
JACOB’S LADDER
Genesis 28:12 (KJV) And he dreamed, and behold a ladder set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven: and behold the angels of God ascending and descending on it.

Genesis 28:13 (KJV) And, behold, the Lord stood above it, and said, I am the Lord God of Abraham thy father, and the God of Isaac: the land whereon thou liest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed;

Genesis 28:14 (KJV) And thy seed shall be as the dust of the earth, and thou shalt spread abroad to the west, and to the east, and to the north, and to the south: and in thee and in thy seed shall all the families of the earth be blessed.
JESUS CHRIST (Emmanuel, God with us)​
Matthew 1:23 (KJV) Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Hebrews 2:9 (KJV) But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

Hebrews 2:14 (KJV) Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

Luke 2:21 (KJV) And when eight days were accomplished for the circumcising of the child, his name was called JESUS, which was so named of the angel before he was conceived in the womb.

John 12:44 (KJV) Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on me, believeth not on me, but on him that sent me.

John 12:45 (KJV) And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me.

John 12:46 (KJV) I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.

JEREMIAH
Jeremiah 1:5 (KJV) Before I formed the in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.
The psalmist, having exhorted the judges, and reproved their negligence
Psalms 82:6 (KJV) I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

Psalms 82:7 (KJV) But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.
PAUL’S PERSECUTION (By the Sadducees)​
Acts 23:8 (KJV) For the Sadducees say that there is no resurrection, neither angel, nor spirit: but the Pharisees confess both.
Acts 23:9 (KJV) And there arose a great cry: and the scribes that were of the Pharisees' part arose, and strove, saying, We find no evil in this man: but if a spirit or an angel hath spoken to him, let us not fight against God.
TESTED PERFECTION (By Faith)​
Isaiah 45:7 (KJV) I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

John 15:18 (KJV) If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.

John 15:19 (KJV) If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

John 15:20 (KJV) Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.

John 15:21 (KJV) But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.

I Corinthians 6:2 (KJV) Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?

I Corinthians 6:3 (KJV) Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

I Corinthians 6:4 (KJV) If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church.
Matthew 6:14 (KJV) For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:

Matthew 6:15 (KJV) But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

II Corinthians 2:14 (KJV) Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.
II Corinthians 2:15 (KJV) For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish:
II Corinthians 2:16 (KJV) To the one we are the savour of Death unto Death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things?
Galatians 5:17 (KJV) For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
Galatians 6:8 (KJV) For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.
Philippians 2:15 (KJV) That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;
Ephesians 1:4 (KJV) According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
I Corinthians 6:19 (KJV) What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

I Corinthians 6:20 (KJV) For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Hebrews 13:2 (KJV) Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for therby some have entertained angels
unawares.

AND ALWAYS REMEMBER,

LOVE BY FAITH, FAITH BY WORKS…

Son of the Living God

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
bling said:
No assumptions necessary. God does what He does for His Good Pleasure.

Imagine that! God enjoys His creation, fallen though it is right now. He is grieved by sin but still finds pleasure in us.

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
God isn't male or female... :wacko:

God isn't lonely... :blink:

A bride is very different from a wife... :rolleyes:

bling

May 5, 2009
BiggAndyy said:
No assumptions necessary. God does what He does for His Good Pleasure.

Imagine that! God enjoys His creation, fallen though it is right now. He is grieved by sin but still finds pleasure in us.
Does being served or serving others bring God good pleasure?

Christ represented God here on earth, so did Christ do anything for his own pleasure?

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
Does being served or serving others bring God good pleasure?

Christ represented God here on earth, so did Christ do anything for his own pleasure?
Jesus seemed to enjoy eating,his enemies called him a glutton and a winebibber.When he came back from the dead he asked his diciples if they had anything to eat,I often wondered why he did this,because being a Spirit he did not have to eat.He may have just taken pleasure in eating.

Reactions: biggandyy

Axehead

May 9, 2012
Jesus Christ is getting a Bride out of all of this. A people that willing turn away from self, sin and Satan and love Him with all their heart. Jesus is getting a people that walked as He walked. That willing chose to suffer and go without the "pleasures of Egypt", for the priceless privilege of winning Christ. Christ is getting a Bride and you are getting Christ. And don't believe anyone who says there is no price to be paid. It will cost you everything. What more needs to be said?

bling

May 5, 2009
Axehead said:
Jesus Christ is getting a Bride out of all of this. A people that willing turn away from self, sin and Satan and love Him with all their heart. Jesus is getting a people that walked as He walked. That willing chose to suffer and go without the "pleasures of Egypt", for the priceless privilege of winning Christ. Christ is getting a Bride and you are getting Christ. And don't believe anyone who says there is no price to be paid. It will cost you everything. What more needs to be said?
Do you see yourself as a great price?

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
Hi Bling

As was said by Big Andy. God does what pleases Him (Psalms 135:6).

Then you almost answered your biggest question yourself when you said ''What about the price God paid with His one innocent son? I am just not seeing the value to God I provide compared to the huge price God is paying''. When you realize that sacrificing His Son on the cross was the greatest act of love to give (John 15:13) / largest price that could be paid, you realize how much He desires to have us with Him. God has given us the ability to grasp just how precious we are to Him. Go ask any parents who love their kids!

Does God gain something from his creation but would have done it anyway even if He had gotten nothing? He definitely took the risk of gaining nothing, by creating us all with free will. So, Yes :).

We talk about God wanting our Love and/or fellowship and He does get that but is that “gain” for God? As I said in the above underlined.

What is to be my motivation for Loving/serving others and do I have anything to gain from it? / If my Love is to be unconditional then it is to be unconditional so would that mean I do not need to gain anything from it? To the underlined, yes! The question you should be asking is, do you approve of what Jesus taught and did? Do you approve of unconditional love? You see we either accept Jesus or the devil. If we accept Jesus, we do it because we approve of / love Him and His ways. Loving your enemy is not something the devil teaches. We can not be neutral either. Either we live for ourselves / devil or for Jesus.

Is everything positive I do as a Christian to be solely out of gratitude or am I also trying to gain something? Gratitude. Everything we do must be done with no expectations. Freely we received, freely we give.

And you have Matt. 20 :1-16 “The Parable of the Workers in the Vineyard”. Our heavenly Home is also talked about being a birthright as we live here on earth and you can’t increase or decrease your birth right by your own behavior, all you can do is sell it or give it away? / Even though the when scripture talks about a heavenly reward it would not have to be increasing with our effort, just be our future reward staying the same? Yes we can sell our birthright to be with Jesus to sin / satan, we must carry our cross and be faithful stewards. I personally believe that people will get a fright in heaven with the rewards concept. See our understanding of rewards here on earth appeal to our vanity and pride. This will not be the case in heaven. I see rewards a positions based on levels of trust. We will all drive fancy cars and stay in awesome mansions. But we will have different size cups to be filled with God's goodness. The people with smaller cups will simply not be jealous of anyone with a bigger cup as all cups will be full and overflowing.

Axehead

May 9, 2012
bling said:
Do you see yourself as a great price?
That is an interesting question.

In my relationship with my wife, I see her as very special. Uniquely special and her value is beyond measure. My orientation is towards her (when I am walking in the Spirit). I certainly see the Lord as a great price, greater than any human. Again, my orientation is towards Him and away from me (when I walk in the Spirit). That is the nature of a love relationship (away from me and towards the other). Now, I do understand that my wife sees me as very special and the Lord who gave His life for me, obviously regards me as someone worth dying for, so that is pretty special, too don't you think? Mankind is very special to Him and He has communicated that to us by His word and followed up with His actions. Do I completely understand His love. No, not fully, but I certainly have had His love shed abroad in my heart and that alone has helped me to understand how much He loves others. I know He loves me because of His Spirit within me and what He saved me from. I think my wife goes over board sometimes in her regard for me, and yet she doesn't think she shows her love to me enough. Funny, because I feel the same way.

My testimony is that He has certainly treated me very special in my walk with Him, yet I know that He is no respecter of persons and treats all His children special. He has been faithful to scourge and correct me, comfort and draw close to me, encouraged, affirmed, and just loved me in all the ways that love is truly responsible. He is the perfect friend, perfect Father, perfect companion. He doesn't tell me what I want to hear but rather what I need to hear. I might add that when He allows us to suffer with Him, He is also treating us special. Do you know why?

So, do I see myself as a great price? To tell you the truth, I endeavor to occupy myself with looking at Him and regarding His value so that I don't have the time nor inclination to think about myself in those terms. I don't think a servant of the Most High thinks that way. But, that's just me.

That was a great question and thank you for asking as it gave me a opportunity to glorify Him.

Php_3:10-14 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead. Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Axehead

bling

May 5, 2009
KingJ said:
As was said by Big Andy. God does what pleases Him (Psalms 135:6).

Then you almost answered your biggest question yourself when you said ''What about the price God paid with His one innocent son? I am just not seeing the value to God I provide compared to the huge price God is paying''. When you realize that sacrificing His Son on the cross was the greatest act of love to give (John 15:13) / largest price that could be paid, you realize how much He desires to have us with Him. God has given us the ability to grasp just how precious we are to Him. Go ask any parents who love their kids!
Here is the first problem any loving parent loves all their children unconditionally, equally and treats them justly and fairly (equally), with God some of His children that He Loves will not accept His help and have to go to hell, but that will help those that are willing to accept God’s help to go ahead and accept His help. There is the “gain” from those that accept, but there is a huge loss from those that reject, so does the gain outweigh the loss?

Does God gain something from his creation but would have done it anyway even if He had gotten nothing? He definitely took the risk of gaining nothing, by creating us all with free will. So, Yes :).

We talk about God wanting our Love and/or fellowship and He does get that but is that “gain” for God? As I said in the above underlined.

What is to be my motivation for Loving/serving others and do I have anything to gain from it? / If my Love is to be unconditional then it is to be unconditional so would that mean I do not need to gain anything from it? To the underlined, yes! The question you should be asking is, do you approve of what Jesus taught and did? Do you approve of unconditional love? You see we either accept Jesus or the devil. If we accept Jesus, we do it because we approve of / love Him and His ways. Loving your enemy is not something the devil teaches. We can not be neutral either. Either we live for ourselves / devil or for Jesus.

Is everything positive I do as a Christian to be solely out of gratitude or am I also trying to gain something? Gratitude. Everything we do must be done with no expectations. Freely we received, freely we give.
So are you saying my doing good stuff, “because of what Christ has done for me” (out of gratitude for what Christ/God has done) is wrong?

And you have Matt. 20 :1-16 “The Parable of the Workers in the Vineyard”. Our heavenly Home is also talked about being a birthright as we live here on earth and you can’t increase or decrease your birth right by your own behavior, all you can do is sell it or give it away? / Even though the when scripture talks about a heavenly reward it would not have to be increasing with our effort, just be our future reward staying the same? Yes we can sell our birthright to be with Jesus to sin / satan, we must carry our cross and be faithful stewards. I personally believe that people will get a fright in heaven with the rewards concept. See our understanding of rewards here on earth appeal to our vanity and pride. This will not be the case in heaven. I see rewards a positions based on levels of trust. We will all drive fancy cars and stay in awesome mansions. But we will have different size cups to be filled with God's goodness. The people with smaller cups will simply not be jealous of anyone with a bigger cup as all cups will be full and overflowing.
The Bible talks about degrees of punishment, but I do not see degrees of reward being talked about (more like the servant working in the vineyard). I do feel we can grow our Godly type love here on earth and have different amounts of Godly type Love in heaven (God/Jesus having the greatest), but you have to think about how Godly type Love works. If Paul has more Godly type Love then I do in heaven it just means he loves me more than I Love him back so who is getting the short end of the deal under that scenario?