What does having the 'Mind of Christ' mean?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
When we say people are of the same mind it means they think alike. So therefore having the mind of Christ means we think as he does. That's my take on the question.
And an active pursuit of this involves exercise in things from Scripture such as Philippians 4.8 describes; "think on these things".

Reactions: WalterandDebbie

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And an active pursuit of this involves exercise in things from Scripture such as Philippians 4.8 describes; "think on these things".
Absolutely. We must take every thought captive and make sure it in agreement with Jesus.

Reactions: farouk

Faither

Jul 28, 2019
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Are you saying having the scriptures available to someone is a requirement for having the mind of Christ?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Are you saying having the scriptures available to someone is a requirement for having the mind of Christ?
Psalm 119.105; John 17.17, etc., would indeed have us take a very high view of searching God's Word in order to know His way more fully.

Faither

Jul 28, 2019
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalm 119.105; John 17.17, etc., would indeed have us take a very high view of searching God's Word in order to know His way more fully.

More fully. That didn't really answer my question.

Faither

Jul 28, 2019
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's the way you can know for certain.

Much love!
Like I touched on in an earlier post. Scripture tells us if we have the Spirit of Christ, we also have the Mind of Christ.

A really gifted teacher can point out the examples of what happens when the Spirit of Christ is given to someone. But there is no evidence of what happens and what it feels like to have the mind of Christ. We have to have the actual experience to know.

There is nothing in God's word that will tell you what happens and what it's like to receive the mind of Christ.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
When we say people are of the same mind it means they think alike.
Paul even uses a phrase like 'Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus' at the beginning of the sublime passage about the One who became obedient unto death, even the death of the Cross, etc.

Reactions: Pearl

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There is nothing in God's word that will tell you what happens and what it's like to receive the mind of Christ.
That is false. God's Word tells us what it means to have the mind of Christ. Otherwise we would not be exhorted to have the mind (or mind-set) of Christ.

Faither

Jul 28, 2019
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is false. God's Word tells us what it means to have the mind of Christ. Otherwise we would not be exhorted to have the mind (or mind-set) of Christ.

Ok , what happened when you received the mind of Christ? What did it feel like?
Your personal experience. Then validate it with God's word.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Ok , what happened when you received the mind of Christ? What did it feel like?
Your personal experience. Then validate it with God's word.
Outward testimony from God's Word together with strong, inward conviction: these two elements are important.

So could you expand also on the purpose of your question?

Faither

Jul 28, 2019
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I also said the scriptures don't tell us what happens and what it feels like to have the mind of Christ. Not what it means to have the mind of Christ.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I also said the scriptures don't tell us what happens and what it feels like to have the mind of Christ. Not what it means to have the mind of Christ.
But surely the Scriptures are sufficient in all revelation that God intends us to know?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK then. I'm glad you're settled on the matter, I suppose.

Much love!