What does having the 'Mind of Christ' mean?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Faither

Jul 28, 2019
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, Acts tells us: 'God now commandeth all men everywhere to repent'.

Repentance simply means to make a turn in our mind.

God the Fathers calls a small group out , from among a larger group.

Repentance is simply a mental turn or response towards the caller, the Father. Nobody comes to Christ unless the Father draws or calls them.

Repentance, on it's own doesn't begin a life of faithing, which could Lead to recieving the Spirit of Christ.

TheWind

Aug 3, 2019
ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In Romans 11:34 Paul asks the question

"For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor?"

Then in 1 Corinthians 2:16, he repeats the question

"For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ."

But now Paul says we have the mind of Christ, so what does that mean?

AS IT IS WRITTEN:
Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

Who, being in the IMAGE of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the IMAGE of a MAN, and MADE HIMSELF like of men:

And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the PRAISE of God the Father.

Isaiah 42:8 King James Version (KJV)
8 I am the Lord: that is my name: and my glory(PRAISE) will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven(MADE) images.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
re:OP....

It means, that For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7.

B

brakelite

Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus... What mind was that? The mind that thought it not robbery to be equal to God, but emptied himself and became a servant.