What does having the 'Mind of Christ' mean?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

B

brakelite

KJV Romans 12
2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

That word tucked away in there... Prove... Is like being an assayer in gold. Just as Christ, through suffering and trial, was able to finally say, not my will but thine, so also must we be like minded. Gold, tried in the furnace of affliction, with all impurities being shed.
The very heart and soul of the gospel... The bottom line for God's purpose with man, is to make of him a human expression of Himself. To recreate in us the image of God with which we were first created. And it has everything to do with the way we think.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
When we say people are of the same mind it means they think alike. So therefore having the mind of Christ means we think as he does. That's my take on the question.

Reactions: Faither and Not me

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When we say people are of the same mind it means they think alike. So therefore having the mind of Christ means we think as he does. That's my take on the question.

I like this Pearl, simple and easy to understand. I think you may have hit the nail on the head.

Pondering before God.

Blessings for the thought.

Much love in Christ, Not me

Reactions: Pearl

Faither

Jul 28, 2019
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Great reply Pearl.
Is this an educated guess, or does it come from your personal experience?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 4
21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:
22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

The New Man, with it's New Mind, patterned after God, righteous, truly holy. This is the Mind of Christ.

Galatians 2:20 "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me."

No longer me living, but Christ living in me. United with Christ.

Much love!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Great reply Pearl.
Is this an educated guess, or does it come from your personal experience?
It's definitely not a guess, educated or otherwise. It's just simple common sense.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
It's strange!
If we have one of the gifted teachers,they can find great examples in the scriptures what happens when the Spirit of Christ is given to a called out one.
God's word says,if we have the Spirit of Christ,we also have the mind of Christ! But it doesn't mention one word about what happens when were given that.

What that means, is the only way to truly know what it's like to have the mind of Christ is to have the experience. It can't be parroted from scripture like most everything else
The coming of the Spirit of Christ happens at the new birth (John 3).

Reactions: WalterandDebbie

Faither

Jul 28, 2019
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The coming of the Spirit of Christ happens at the new birth (John 3).

That's been agreed upon and established.

What's missing is personal understandings of what happens and what it's like to have the mind of Christ. Without parroting scripture.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It means the disposition to obey and reflect Gods character embodied in his Law.
That's correct and corresponds to Philippians 2:5-8
5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7 But
[1] made himself of no reputation, and [2] took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8 And being found in fashion as a man,
[3] he humbled himself, and [4] became obedient unto death, [5] even the death of the cross.

This is the exact of opposite of the *mind* of the world.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
That's correct and corresponds to Philippians 2:5-8
5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7 But
[1] made himself of no reputation, and [2] took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8 And being found in fashion as a man,
[3] he humbled himself, and [4] became obedient unto death, [5] even the death of the cross.
Great passage there!

I don't see that the law is the same now. Hebrews tells us that the law was changed. What we have now is better than the law.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Great passage there!

I don't see that the law is the same now. Hebrews tells us that the law was changed. What we have now is better than the law.
We now have *the Law of Christ* which is *the Law of Love*.

We should also note that Jesus displayed the mind of God when He washed His disciples feet and taught that the one who takes the lowest position on earth will also have the highest position in the eternal Kingdom of God, Christ Himself being the example.