What does it mean to be born again?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Goats on the left..........
Sheep on the right........

Look around & see where one is standing would be GOOD advice!

Reactions: Johann

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Two shrieking lions are surely better than one!
To shrieking lions who speak truth are better than one who smiles yet teaches darkness .
Let the truth get said . Why fear it . One thing i notice
it dont seem to matter if one comes preaching truth with a smile or with a warning , THEY get attacked peroid .
I could smile my way through a meeting , YET if i dare to expose truth , ITS HATER .
Or one could be serious and grave through a meeting , YET if truth is spoken that offends the all incluisve lie
ITs hater .
YET , their leader can smile or be serious and its OH HE DOETH THE WILL of GOD .
Bring doctrine to PROVE the rainbow accepting all inclusive is truth , I WILL BRING BIBLCAL DOCTRINE
that exposes it . This rainbow all inclusive oprah wimphrey stuff is false . As is pope francis
and tons of others who bring it . LIGHT exposes darkness , IT dont make its bed with darkness and call it love .
WE better realize that . And then realize that if the LIGHT that one is calling evil good and good evil
ACCORDING TO WHAT GOD has called good and evil , THEN KNOW that light is darkness .
PROVE TO ME that accepting homosexuality or other religoins IS GOOD , i will show by scripture where its FALSE .
Go ahead , you have the floor . SHOW me where JESUS said other religions , like muslims
buddists and whoerveists are fine and good and that GOD , is HAPPY with all gods and religons . YA CANT .
LOVE that comes FROM GOD , loves that which is GOOD in HIS eyes and not what man might call good .
YET if a man comes to expose that which is sin , this gen calls him a hater . rather odd indeed .
TOO many are lipping JESUS name and yet supporting all kinds of ungodliness and evil .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If anyone , me you or epi or anyone makes a post . It is open for all to come and debate .
I used to make posts and topics . And folks come on and either agreed or attacked .
That is the way it is .
How much more when folks make wrong posts .
In other words , why all the complaing from a certain someone .
IF EPI makes posts , they have to be corrected when or if error is seen .
Stunned by grace so called has no problem going to others posts and rebuking them
SO WHY the big problem when others come to her prophets post and tries to rebuke or correct him .
The moment we make our post , we just have to understand some will agree and some wont
and allow only the truth to expose the error .
But she defends him and attacks anyone who even dares to not only disagree but wont FULLY agree with her prophet .
And worse , worse he wont defend her behavoir of mocking vidoes at all .
I mean if i made a post and someone agree with it
but then turns to mocking anyone who wont with mocking vidoes , I WOULD at least
have to tell my supporter , TO KNOCK that off and TRY USING DOCTRINE to correct them instead but dont
use tools of darkness to support me . Yep epi wont say a word to her . OH DEAR he might lose her worship if he did
such a thing . SO his error is WORSE than is hers .
Enough slandering please. Do you have anything of value to add? Do you see being born again as a final act of God? Or the first step in the race of faith?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Enough slandering please. Do you have anything of value to add? Do you see being born again as a final act of God? Or the first step in the race of faith?
I second that. Contribute to a thread or just stop already! In fact, I’m going to try to just ignore attention seekers from now on. I’ll see how that works.

Reactions: Episkopos

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm not seeing any content that can stand up to the biblical text...that points to being born again as a sample of initial grace. Sure, people will attack the messenger. But it's always been that way.

Very few will progress beyond the free sample. Soon, as the oil runs out, a religious covering is adopted instead of seeking the face of God to get more oil.
Warning people about the coming judgment just gets a helping hand bitten off. But we must try to be our brother's keeper. God judges what is to be done after that.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not seeing any content that can stand up to the biblical text...that points to being born again as a sample of initial grace.
I haven’t seen it either. And, in fact, Gods creation supports what you’ve said. And everything God made shows His glory, His ways and speaks of Him. So even in the temporal, when a baby is born, it’s quite some time before it even takes a first shaky step toward beginning to walk.

360watt

Jun 6, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The book of John is assuring believers they may know they have eternal life. Not that they might.. but if they have believed in Jesus as God.. that He died and rose again.. that He lived sinless... by entrusting their salvation with Him.. they have eternal life.

It's not a wait for it thing.. that is linked to good behaviour. It's a full free gift.

John 3:16, 3:36, 5:24 etc..

Reactions: Keturah and marks

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please include the rebuking of your main supporter who does bring many mocking videos .
But lets see how do i see being born again .
I think the question should be , how many are truly born again IN the FIRST place .
If one has been born again then they would have the one true spirit and follow Christ they would indeed .
There are contentions about what being born again means or what it entails .
But what is really important is , IS ONE TRULY BEEN BORN AGAIN in the first place .
Coming to CHRIST , is the first step , having been drawn of GOD .
The question is what jesus were folks drawn too . was it the jesus of men
or OF GOD . That would be a far better question to ask and to examine .
Cause i see lots that make all sorts of arguments and both sides seem to have truths and contradictions of truths .
But what scares me the most is , MOST AINT BORN AGAIN at all they follow sensual feelings mixed with truths
taken out of context to serve a god called self .
I know the early church warned THE CHURCH to CONTINUE IN CHRIST . and we must do so to the end . and i agree .
As i also agree with all of what is written . If folks come out from amonst us , THEY WERE NEVER INDEED T RULY of us
cause had they been OF US , they no DOUBT would have continued .
But warn to cotinue we must . For that is all part of the working of the SPIRIT .
true lambs would use all warnings and reminders to exhort . THEY would never cherry pick certain ones
to suit an acryonm , or whatever else they do teach . I BELEIVE EVERY WARNING , ER WORD they wrote
IS for our good and we need them reminders always . Thus the warnings and reminders are for our good .
Most , most follow Another jesus . THAT IS what we ought to concerned with .
cause if they do follow this other jesus and this other go spell , WELL THEY AINT saved at all and dont know CHRIST nor
THE GOD WHO SENT HIM . That is the concern we should all be focused on .
DOES OUR JESUS ALIGN , AGREE WITH , the BIBLICAL ONE and what HE TAUGHT and later the aposetls taught ,
OR does our jesus contradict and omit certain parts of what THE JESUS of said bible taught .
TILL WE GET THAT FIGURED OUT , nutting else is gonna matter . WE BETTER KNOW WHO WE FOLLOW . AND
we better know it very fast too .

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I haven’t seen it either. And, in fact, Gods creation supports what you’ve said. And everything God made shows His glory and speaks of Him. So even in the temporal, when a baby is born, it’s quite some time before it even takes a first shaky step toward beginning to walk.
And then there's the terrible twos..with tantrums and dirty diapers. Some babies grow out of it sooner than others or so it seems.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I'm not seeing any content that can stand up to the biblical text...

KJ21
For He hath made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him.
ASV
Him who knew no sin he made to be sin on our behalf; that we might become the righteousness of God in him.
AMP
He made Christ who knew no sin to [judicially] be sin on our behalf, so that in Him we would become the righteousness of God [that is, we would be made acceptable to Him and placed in a right relationship with Him by His gracious lovingkindness].
AMPC
For our sake He made Christ [virtually] to be sin Who knew no sin, so that in and through Him we might become [endued with, viewed as being in, and examples of] the righteousness of God [what we ought to be, approved and acceptable and in right relationship with Him, by His goodness].
BRG
For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
CSB
He made the one who did not know sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.
CEB
God caused the one who didn’t know sin to be sin for our sake so that through him we could become the righteousness of God.
CJB
God made this sinless man be a sin offering on our behalf, so that in union with him we might fully share in God’s righteousness.”

DARBY
Him who knew not sin he has made sin for us, that *we* might become God's righteousness in him.
DLNT
He made the One not having known sin to be sin for us, in order that we might become the righteousness of God in Him”...
DRA
Him,

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The book of John is assuring believers they may know they have eternal life. Not that they might.. but if they have believed in Jesus as God.. that He died and rose again.. that He lived sinless... by entrusting their salvation with Him.. they have eternal life.

It's not a wait for it thing.. that is linked to good behaviour. It's a full free gift.

For me, having this understanding of rebirth changes everything, as we see God's power in our new creation making true passages such as,

Colossians 3:1-4 KJV
1) If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
2) Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
3) For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
4) When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

and

1 John 3:1-3 KJV
1) Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
2) Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
3) And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

Much love!

Reactions: Keturah

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
As great as you may be...this thread is not about you but about the responsibility thrust upon those who have been born again..
New International Version
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—

New Living Translation
God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God.

English Standard Version
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,

Berean Standard Bible
For it is by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not from yourselves; it is the gift of God,

Berean Literal Bible
For by grace you are saved through faith, and this not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,

King James Bible
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

New King James Version
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,

New American Standard Bible
For by grace you have been saved through faith; and this is not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;

NASB 1995
For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;

NASB 1977
For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;

Legacy Standard Bible
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Please include the rebuking of your main supporter who does bring many mocking videos .

My main supporter is in heaven. If you mean SBG, she does have sense of humour, doesn't she. And good timing too.
But lets see how do i see being born again .
I think the question should be , how many are truly born again IN the FIRST place .

True. Being born of the Spirit for real gives a person a taste of eternal consciousness...a touch of heavenly light and life...as a sample of course...because that initial experience doesn't last. But it does change a person. I can tell rather quickly who has actually tasted the life to come and who relies on religious dogmatism.
If one has been born again then they would have the one true spirit and follow Christ they would indeed .
There are contentions about what being born again means or what it entails .
But what is really important is , IS ONE TRULY BEEN BORN AGAIN in the first place .
Coming to CHRIST , is the first step , having been drawn of GOD .
The question is what jesus were folks drawn too . was it the jesus of men
or OF GOD . That would be a far better question to ask and to examine .
As in...American Jesus...or church Jesus... A tree is known of its fruit. When the truth is preached...as I do...the reactions tell you everything you need to know

Cause i see lots that make all sorts of arguments and both sides seem to have truths and contradictions of truths .
But what scares me the most is , MOST AINT BORN AGAIN at all they follow sensual feelings mixed with truths
taken out of context to serve a god called self .
The SELF is meant to be crucified. There is no use hiding the flesh behind various verses that say something that isn't yet true of the person. But the flesh is also very stubborn...holding to dead doctrines as if it was life itself.

I know the early church warned THE CHURCH to CONTINUE IN CHRIST . and we must do so to the end . and i agree .
As i also agree with all of what is written . If folks come out from amonst us , THEY WERE NEVER INDEED T RULY of us
cause had they been OF US , they no DOUBT would have continued .
But warn to cotinue we must . For that is all part of the working of the SPIRIT .
true lambs would use all warnings and reminders to exhort . THEY would never cherry pick certain ones
to suit an acryonm , or whatever else they do teach . I BELEIVE EVERY WARNING , ER WORD they wrote
IS for our good and we need them reminders always . Thus the warnings and reminders are for our good .

Agreed. We should ask the Lord...is it I, Lord...rather than get angry when warnings from the bible are posted. When anger is stirred up based on bible verses...you know something is off.
Most , most follow Another jesus . THAT IS what we ought to concerned with .
cause if they do follow this other jesus and this other go spell , WELL THEY AINT saved at all and dont know CHRIST nor
THE GOD WHO SENT HIM . That is the concern we should all be focused on .
It's too true. In order to fill the pews, religious salesman have lowered the standard..through a lot of salesmanship...but that doesn't bring forth any spiritual fruit at all.

DOES OUR JESUS ALIGN , AGREE WITH , the BIBLICAL ONE and what HE TAUGHT and later the aposetls taught ,
OR does our jesus contradict and omit certain parts of what THE JESUS of said bible taught .
TILL WE GET THAT FIGURED OUT , nutting else is gonna matter . WE BETTER KNOW WHO WE FOLLOW . AND
we better know it very fast too .
Agreed. Judgment begins at the house of the Lord.

See that wasn't so bad! :)

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Sure. But do you realize that in a great house are both vessels of honour AND vessels of dishonour? Some to everlasting life and others to everlasting contempt. Eternal life is not always what people think it means. There are different judgments included in that.

Do a study on it! :)

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure. But do you realize that in a great house are both vessels of honour AND vessels of dishonour? Some to everlasting life and others to everlasting contempt. eternal life is not always what people think it means. There are different judgments included in that.

And COME FOLLOW ME . Cornelious was man who followed the LORD and did many good alms
Many good prayers . Took much care of the poor . HE did things pleasing to GOD
And yet even cornelious had to hear and believe the gospel to be saved .
Folks forget something . THERE IS NONE that is righteous . Even king david erred , as all men have .
NO FAITH IN JESUS IS THE SECOND DEATH . At the same time , if we do say we believe in JESUS
and yet we walk in darkness and embrace sin , WE LIE and do not the truth .
A true lamb is one who HAS CONFESSED JESUS BY MOUTH and BY HIS FRUITS YE KNOW THE CONVERSION WAS TRUE .
But a man who follows another god or no god is a man though he can do some good to the poor
IS desolate of the truth and follows a path of darkness that has led them into a lie that
they can follow such a god and such a mindset of their god or no god and yet is saved by his own lovey do lovey do good works
I tell us all these do not have the SPIRIT . FOR the SPIRIT TESTIFIES OF CHRIST JESUS
not of good works under another god . AND THIS GEN , this very GEN is buying into the lie
that if others of another religon are simply doing good and doing good unto his neighbor that somehow HE HAS THE SPIRIT
of the HOLY GOD . but i tell us all the SPIRIT OF THE HOLY GOD would allow no such a lie
but rather would CONVICT them of their false religion , of sin because they believe NOT ON CHRIST
and would have DRAWN THEM TO CHRIST and they would have CONFESSED HE ALONE and no other path
or religoin . THIS GEN better do a serious wake up call . DONT ALLOW INCLUSVISM to TRAP the mind
and destroy the soul as so many have . WE better preach YE NEED TO CONFESS JESUS AND for those who do
THEY better FOLLOW HIM . we better make sure our calling and our election . WE better make sure
we follow THE JESUS of said bible and not some other jesus or some other fairy tale go spell of a love so false
its death and ends in the second death .
THIS is not an accusation against you at all . JUST A REMINDER FOR US ALL to CONTINUE IN CHRIST and the
original gospel which clearly says YE MUST BELIEVE IN HIM who GOD DID SEND and that for those who DO
and confessed HIM that if their faith has not good works , WELL ITS AS DEAD as mine once was when i too
could say HIS NAME yet embraced my sin .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

360watt

Jun 6, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Sure. But do you realize that in a great house are both vessels of honour AND vessels of dishonour? Some to everlasting life and others to everlasting contempt. Eternal life is not always what people think it means. There are different judgments included in that.

Yes in Revelation there are different judgments for the unbelieving.. the converted.. and the converted and faithful.

Converted.. still in heaven but miss rewards.. works burned up. No gold and silver figuratively.

Converted and faithful.. works burned and refined...gold and silver figuratively are there. Much rewards in heaven.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes in Revelation there are different judgments for the unbelieving.. the converted.. and the converted and faithful.

Converted.. still in heaven but miss rewards.. works burned up. No gold and silver figuratively.

Converted and faithful.. works burned and refined...gold and silver figuratively are there. Much rewards in heaven.
Yes. But in the case of those who built with a mixture of flesh...not just miss rewards...but suffer loss. Ending up with less than they had before.

If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Reactions: faithfulness
Status
Not open for further replies.