What does it mean to be born again?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why defend bad behavior?
Why go after a man continually as a terrible false teacher and then whine when he or anyone else objects to him being beaten and stalked and calls out the years long stalking?

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I have noticed you @Keturah and want to let you know I appreciate you--stay strong and rooted in Yeshua/Jesus Christ, our race is almost finished.

Heb_12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

1Co 9:24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.
1Co 9:25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.
1Co 9:26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:
1Co 9:27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

Php 2:14 Do all things without murmurings and disputings:
Php 2:15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;
Php 2:16 Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.
Php 2:17 Yea, and if I be offered upon the sacrifice and service of your faith, I joy, and rejoice with you all.
Php 2:18 For the same cause also do ye joy, and rejoice with me.

2Ti 4:5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.
2Ti 4:6 For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.
2Ti 4:7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
2Ti 4:8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

J.

• Love
Reactions: Keturah

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why go after a man continually as a terrible false teacher and then whine when he or anyone else objects to him being beaten and stalked and calls out the years long stalking?
This is your fiction. Go and see. Most of his threads don't even have a single post from me. 1500 posts on this thread, and which will support your claims?

So back to topic, OK?

Much love!

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He said Epi lost his respect. That was first. I said he had lost mine. That was second.
It helps if you actually read the conversation.
Snarkiness becomes for that is ALL some have.
Fyi I have read this thread took me 4 days to catch up and SEE...it ain't about being " born again".

It's about " how great I am" as opposed to " how great is our God"!

Reactions: Johann

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He said Epi lost his respect. That was first. I said he had lost mine. That was second.
It helps if you actually read the conversation.
I have zero, zilch, nada RESPECT for a self appointed false prophet who interprets GOD'S WORD for his / her own gain !
The adoration & idolatry worship of his/ her own flesh!

Alert .......drive by posting as noted by OP.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do have a question though. I have noted, as you say, that there was an expectation from Jesus that Nicodemus should understand what born again meant since he was a teacher of Israel. But I question if there was, by that time of…decay, whether there was even one man in all of Israel who understood what born again meant…

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have zero, zilch, nada RESPECT for a self appointed false prophet who interprets GOD'S WORD for his / her own gain !
The adoration & idolatry worship of his/ her own flesh!

Alert .......drive by posting as noted by OP.
You know me by now that I do not engage with you when you begin to crank up. No response.

• Haha
Reactions: Keturah

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have noticed you @Keturah and want to let you know I appreciate you--stay strong and rooted in Yeshua/Jesus Christ, our race is almost finished.

Heb_12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

1Co 9:24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.
1Co 9:25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.
1Co 9:26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:
1Co 9:27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

Php 2:14 Do all things without murmurings and disputings:
Php 2:15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;
Php 2:16 Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.
Php 2:17 Yea, and if I be offered upon the sacrifice and service of your faith, I joy, and rejoice with you all.
Php 2:18 For the same cause also do ye joy, and rejoice with me.

2Ti 4:5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.
2Ti 4:6 For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.
2Ti 4:7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
2Ti 4:8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

J.
Thank you for your encouragement but I count myself as nothing.
Had it not been for Jesus I would have been a legalistic hypocritical Pharisee as some seem, shouting my own theology RATHER THAN TRUSTING THE SPIRIT TO REVEAL THE.....TRUTH!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is your fiction. Go and see. Most of his threads don't even have a single post from me. 1500 posts on this thread, and which will support your claims?

So back to topic, OK?

Much love!
Its not fiction. Passive aggressive attack is still attack.
Yes, back to topic.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Snarkiness becomes for that is ALL some have.
Fyi I have read this thread took me 4 days to catch up and SEE...it ain't about being " born again".

It's about " how great I am" as opposed to " how great is our God"!
As great as you may be...this thread is not about you but about the responsibility thrust upon those who have been born again....by the Spirit. Now, many claim the race as won without ever taking a step into it. But with a gift comes a responsibility...like receiving the one talent.

There is very much a reaction to stating that being born again is just the first step in a race. For the sake of those who do want to hear the truth, the nay-sayers should leave it at that and go to another thread.

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I KNOW JESUS!
As for the rest of the world,they are in the hands of a just God who reads hearts.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thank you for your encouragement but I count myself as nothing.
Had it not been for Jesus I would have been a legalistic hypocritical Pharisee as some seem, shouting my own theology RATHER THAN TRUSTING THE SPIRIT TO REVEAL THE.....TRUTH!
It's obvious you don't see yourself that way.
:backtop:

Reactions: faithfulness

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So back to topic, OK?

Much love!
If anyone , me you or epi or anyone makes a post . It is open for all to come and debate .
I used to make posts and topics . And folks come on and either agreed or attacked .
That is the way it is .
How much more when folks make wrong posts .
In other words , why all the complaing from a certain someone .
IF EPI makes posts , they have to be corrected when or if error is seen .
Stunned by grace so called has no problem going to others posts and rebuking them
SO WHY the big problem when others come to her prophets post and tries to rebuke or correct him .
The moment we make our post , we just have to understand some will agree and some wont
and allow only the truth to expose the error .
But she defends him and attacks anyone who even dares to not only disagree but wont FULLY agree with her prophet .
And worse , worse he wont defend her behavoir of mocking vidoes at all .
I mean if i made a post and someone agree with it
but then turns to mocking anyone who wont with mocking vidoes , I WOULD at least
have to tell my supporter , TO KNOCK that off and TRY USING DOCTRINE to correct them instead but dont
use tools of darkness to support me . Yep epi wont say a word to her . OH DEAR he might lose her worship if he did
such a thing . SO his error is WORSE than is hers .

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I KNOW JESUS!
As for the rest of the world,they are in the hands of a just God who reads hearts.
OK. Rant noted. Are you here to proclaim yourself or Christ? Can you contribute to the thread or just call attention to yourself?

Last edited:
Reactions: faithfulness
Status
Not open for further replies.