What does it mean to be born again?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lambs dont heed those who take their cues from the dark rainbow and all inclusive lie and folks like ophrah .
That dung needs serious correction . So marvel not when folks wont heed your posts .
IF one cannot even figure out the gospel , that alone should prove they got no business teaching but rather
need serious learning . Folks also forget something , true believers do hold the keys for correction .
And its about high time some learn .

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will take you seriously when you stop speaking nonsense that has nothing to do with the conversation.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you will never take me serious lest i bow to your all inclusive rainbow accepting many path to GOD lie .
A lie of which i shall not bow down unto .
You wont take me serious , lest by grace your eyes be opened .
AND no , I SURE AINT any great thing , but a simple sinner saved and changed by grace .
I desire not the worship nor praise of men , but rather GOD get all glory
As for EPI , he seems to embrace your praise and at the cost of even overlooking your faults .
The lambs HOLD the keys and out of love i will do what is best for the others . Praying only their repentance to GOD

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you will never take me serious lest i bow to your all inclusive rainbow accepting many path to GOD lie .
AND no , I SURE AINT any great thing , but a simple sinner saved and changed by grace .
As for EPI , he seems to embrace your praise and at the cost of even overlooking your faults .
The lambs HOLD the keys and out of love i will do what is best for the others . Praying only their repentance to GOD
You do a lot of testifying about yourself.lol.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Love to be here with you @amigo de christo

Psa_57:7 My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed: I will sing and give praise.

Psa_108:1 A Song or Psalm of David. O God, my heart is fixed; I will sing and give praise, even with my glory.

Psa_112:7 He shall not be afraid of evil tidings: his heart is fixed, trusting in the LORD.

Heb_12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

Shalom to you and family
J.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do a lot of testifying about yourself.lol.
Not really . but epi and others like you do what you accuse us of doing .
Just like you FEAR . you fear the truth and thus to make yourself comfortable you have to make light of it
by sending mocking vidoes . THE VERY THING you accused me and others of , YOU are the one guilty of it .
You type non stop in your support of epi
I type non stop in my defense of biblical truth .
That is all that is occuring . and yet you accuse me of having fear and self righteousness .
WHEN it is you that has determined your own self righteousness by believing in this all inclusvive rainbow many path
accepting lie . You , nor ophrah preach CHRIST . OH I know she thinks she does just as you think the same .
But yalls version of CHRIST , sure denies the biblical version .

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not really . but epi and others like you do what you accuse us of doing .
Just like you FEAR . you fear the truth and thus to make yourself comfortable you have to make light of it
by sending mocking vidoes . THE VERY THING you accused me and others of , YOU are the one guilty of it .
You type non stop in your support of epi
I type non stop in my defense of biblical truth .
That is all that is occuring . and yet you accuse me of having fear and self righteousness .
WHEN it is you that has determined your own self righteousness by believing in this all inclusvive rainbow many path
accepting lie . You , nor ophrah preach CHRIST . OH I know she thinks she does just as you think the same .
But yalls version of CHRIST , sure denies the biblical version .
1678294105924.jpeg

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As usual stunned by what she calls grace cannot bring scrips to correct me . but rather brings mockings .
When one cannot overcome the plain truth , well they resort to the only thing they do know , HOW to mock .

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As usual stunned by what she calls grace cannot bring scrips to correct me . but rather brings mockings .
When one cannot overcome the plain truth , well they resort to the only thing they do know , HOW to mock .
I counted at least your last 4 posts in here. No scripture. Yet you complain I I post no scripture.
Then you say I mock right after you mock my user name.
You are a mess. I can’t take you seriously. It’s impossible. You lack any self awareness at all. It’s like twilight zone or something.

Reactions: Episkopos

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s was aimed at everyone …… just a friendly warning after reading much of the thread earlier this morning. Personal comments aimed at members are against the rules if they cross the line and insult, ridicule or mock.
Thank you! Reminders are good!

Much love!

Reactions: Johann

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really?? People's theology cause them to act out on what they think/believe. I have met so many people who reject Christ because of the "Christians" (who are acting out on their theology) they have encountered. I believe flawed theology has a HUGE part in keeping people out of the Kingdom of God, therefore rejecting Christ.

Jesus taught this,

John 3:18-21 KJV
18) He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
19) And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
20) For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
21) But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

From Romans,

Romans 1:18-22 KJV
18) For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
19) Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
20) For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
21) Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22) Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

People choose their sin instead of coming to God, lest their sin be revealed. So they refuse to acknowledge Him, and turn their minds to emptiness.

Jesus also taught,

Matthew 23:15 KJV
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

There are those who actively work towards keeping people away from God in the pretense of bringing them to Him.

In the end, though, each person makes their own choice, and the way I'm reading it in these places, it's because they want their sin, and refuse to accept the God they, in their heart, they know is real.

Much love!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are those who actively work towards keeping people away from God in the pretense of bringing them to Him.
That’s true.
There are also those who think they are doing the opposite when they aren’t.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yet Jesus said whosoever believes in Him will never die....? Hmm....
To me that teaching is a denial of this passage,

Romans 6:3-11 KJV
3) Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
4) Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5) For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
6) Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
7) For he that is dead is freed from sin.
8) Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
9) Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
10) For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
11) Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

This teaches if we're baptized into Christ we've already died, and are already freed from sin. And we are instructed to reckon it so. To account this being truth.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just love it when you lash out like this--and, may I add, you ignore the warning from our sister @Rita, to stay on the subject under discussion, and not resorting to ridicule and mocking the members.

Shalom LaChem
J.
Some can't seem to stop.

That should mean something!

Much love!

Reactions: Johann

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some can't seem to stop.

That should mean something!

Much love!
In the man’s defense, he has a few who enter His threads to, every single time, harass him and call him some pretty bad things. They also passively aggressively go after him instead of straight on. At least that’s what the more crafty ones do.
And they start melees in his threads and then whine in their poor hurt flesh and snowflake emotions when they get clipped by an elbow. Which, when you think about it, is cowardice.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So that is how I see this and I believe I'm in company with others here who see it much the same. So I would ask that you all please stop making assumptions about those who defend the doctrine of imputed righteousness. Unfortunately that is not convenient for those who want to blame the doctrine for being the cause of people being like the Laodiceans, when really the cause is the neglect of all those other teachings that speak of our responsibilities, as well as their own hearts leading them astray. It's not the fault of the gift.
And there is the matter of whether or not the Laodicean messenger was actually reborn, because the description that Jesus gives, and His invitation as He stands outside, it doesn't sound like it to me. Considering what the Bible says of those who are reborn.

Much love!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
To me that teaching is a denial of this passage,

Romans 6:3-11 KJV
3) Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
4) Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5) For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
6) Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
7) For he that is dead is freed from sin.
8) Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
9) Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
10) For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
11) Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

This teaches if we're baptized into Christ we've already died, and are already freed from sin. And we are instructed to reckon it so. To account this being truth.

Much love!
Joh 11:24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.
Joh 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
Joh 11:26
And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
Joh 11:27 She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world.

I don't think this passage is a denial of the Romans passage marks, this was spoken pre-Cross by Jesus and actualized in the Pauline epistles after the resurrection of Messiah. Correct me if I'm wrong here.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the man’s defense, he has a few who enter His threads to, every single time, harass him and call him some pretty bad things. They also passively aggressively go after him instead of straight on. At least that’s what the more crafty ones do.
And they start melees in his threads and then whine in their poor hurt flesh and snowflake emotions when they get clipped by an elbow. Which, when you think about it, is cowardice.
You can't seem to stop either.

Much love!

Reactions: Keturah

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Joh 11:24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.
Joh 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
Joh 11:26
And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
Joh 11:27 She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world.

I don't think this passage is a denial of the Romans passage marks, this was spoken pre-Cross by Jesus and actualized in the Pauline epistles after the resurrection of Messiah. Correct me if I'm wrong here.
I could have been more clear, I was thinking about the post @Lizbeth was responding to.

Much love!

Status
Not open for further replies.