What does it mean to be born again?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Epi, I have been thinking this morning about something you said to me that has never quite left me. It was maybe…two years ago, three at the most. You said, do you think you could have a visitation from God today? After I thought for a moment I said, I think I could, yes, but I don’t think it’s extremely likely that I will. Then you said, why not? To which I had absolutely no reply. And Ive remembered that many times over the last few years and thought, my faith is not yet the size of a mustard seed, although I have thought it was a huge tree! :rolleyes:
Ah, the faith of a child... not so easy when our minds are used to rational thinking. This is by degrees. We already see how people can get so wrapped up in their own understanding that they go so far as to justify themselves in their blindness. The humble will never go that far. But then there is this other way of going...a radical faith in God...that He is right here...right now...waiting for us to turn our hearts to Him. :)

Whether we reach God or not...waiting on the Lord is the best way forward.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another thing that has stuck with me - and I keep telling myself to go find the recording if I still have it - but I don’t fully remember the whole teaching, yet it pushed me into some sort of turning point where instead of being mostly sad all the time I gained some mixture of joy and sadness at times. It was just a turning point I might do better to not try to explain. The teaching was called, I think, “And Then Came Amalek.”
I do remember the thrust of the teaching though. That Amalek comes right after complaining. Like…that’s his “in.”

There is Esau again…because Amalek was his grandson. Esau keeps coming up for me. In many different conversations. Odd.

Reactions: Episkopos

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
To Be born again means. :

1.) Your sins are on Christ because "God made JESUS to be sin for us, who knew no sin"..... And God's Righteousness has become yours, as you have become "the Righteousness of God in Christ"....."made Righteous".

This is : "Salvation". This is "Redemption". This is the eternal effect of the "Blood Atonement".

= This is the CROSS OF CHRIST....

2.) Your SPIRIT, born again by God's Holy Spirit, now exists for eternity as "one with God, IN Christ".

Ezekiel 36 says.... "a new HEART i will give you and a new SPIRIT will I put within you.""

----------------------------------------------------------------------

ALL the born again, have been "translated from darkness TO LIGHT.""""

This means the born again spirit now exist in the Kingdom of Light, where God exists.
This is to become "In Christ" = one with Jesus..... who is "The LIGHT of the World", and you are now a "child of the LIGHT", if you are born again, and not just water baptized and religious.

See that?
That is your born again spirit, existing now as : "seated in Heavenly places, in Christ".

To understand this, is to BELIEVE IT, and once you begin to believe this truth regarding what it means to exist SPIRITUALLY "in Christ" "in God", in Heaven, you are now entering God's actual and literal perspective of you as His born again Son/Daughter of God.

Thats what He has caused you to become.

Now, what does this free you from? ?????

It frees you from THE LAW, as you, as a born again SPIRIT, who now exists as "one with God"- "in Christ'.... are now no longer under the Law.
You are "under GRACE".
Why?
Because "Jesus has redeemed you from the CURSE of the LAW".
And what is that curse?
Its to be under the dominion of the Law, instead of being "under Grace".
See.....The LAW >demands< righteousness from you that you can't produce.......while God's GRACE >provides< you with the Grace, from God, = as "the Gift of Righteousness".
See that?

Welcome to : SALVATION.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

God's "GRACE" is not just God's eternal forgiveness and Salvation... freely given through the Cross of Christ....its also where the born again EXIST., being : "translated FROM..... darkness".

Darkness, is :

1.) Being separated from God, because of unforgiven Sin (not born again).
2.) "Having your understanding DARKENED"...

So, being born again, is Literally to be rescued from the Law, and from Spiritual Darkness and from mind blindness as Satan blinds the mind from Truth and LIGHT.
This power of Darkness is Satan's power, its His kingdom., and to be born again, is to be freed from it by God.
It is to enter God's dominion, which is Grace, = which is the Kingdom of Light.
You enter it by being BORN AGAIN = INTO IT....having become "one with God",..."In Christ".
Your Born again Spirit, now exists where they are.....and that is your Eternal life and your Redemption.
That is : Salvation and Resurrection..

To be born again, is to become something Holy and Spiritual and to exist Spiritually = AS LITERALLY and forever one with God, in Christ.

And because this is the eternal reality regarding the born again Spirit.....You, if you are born again, and not just water baptized and religious... will one day get a NEW BODY that is created by God = for who you have become, as your current body is not made for it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are born again, and not just water baptized and religious....then you have been "made alive unto God".... and your sin is on Jesus on the Cross, and God's eternal life is now your eternal Life. Romans 6:11.
This is not a "saved sinner".
This is a born again Saint, who is JOINED TO GOD, Spiritually. = BORN AGAIN.... "One with God"... "In Christ"... "made Righteous", having become "the righteousness of God, in Christ"..
To understand this and believe it, is the renewed mind.

And that other mind.....the carnal mind....that tries to make you pretend to strive to try to be good......is not the right mind.
A carnally minded devil would teach that you are to try to keep the law that Jesus has died to release you from.... as "Jesus has redeemed the born again from the Curse of the Law".

A carnally minded devil would try to get you back "under the Law".
A carnally minded devil would teach that ETERNAL life is not really eternal, its just "the beginning".
The reality is, JESUS is Eternal life and if you are born again you have Jesus in you...>"Christ IN YOU, the hope of Glory". (Glory is Heaven".)
To have Jesus in you, who is Eternal life proves you are born again, and have eternal life.

Or as Jesus told you....>"
All that believe in me, i give unto you ETERNAL LIFE, and you shall never Perish".

Jesus is..."the Way, the Truth and THE LIFE">... See that "life".... Thats eternal life and if you are born again Eternal life Himself is in you, and you are "IN Christ'.

The right mind , which is the "renewed mind".... is to understand who you have BECOME as born again, and to walk in THAT understanding, as that is REAL FAITH, = is how you "work out your Salvation".
That is REAL DISCIPLESHIP.. That is the True walk of Faith.

Last edited:

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Obviously playing to your audience. I post scriptures that show a mercy side of God...and you will have nothing of it. Talk to Peter, Jesus, and all the other writers of the bible you have issue with. if you want to be a fundamentalist and be stubborn about it...fine! But don't expect for those whom God has shown mercy to to agree with you. And stop trying to slander me on my own thread...start your own thread about how saved you are and such...and how condemned everyone is that doesn't agree with you. You will get some likes.
Come on now....what is Acts 10 all about? It's very simple. Peter being taught by God regarding the gospel and His mercy going to the Gentiles and not just Israel alone....the story about Cornelius receiving Christ the Messiah.

And you posted this:

"Actually the wrath of God is not on unbelievers..."

To which I brought this scripture from John 3:

"He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and HE THAT BELIEVETH NOT THE SON SHALL NOT SEE LIFE, BUT THE WRATH OF GOD ABIDETH ON HIM."

I am not trying to be unkind, but you are contradicting scripture in many ways, and when something is pointed out to you, instead of simply acknowledging your mistake you respond with personal attacks as you are doing here.

The carnal mind is deceptive....easy to get lost in it's labyrinth of human reasonings that oppose the truth. That is where strongholds are formed. But it takes humility and willingness to bring them down. Do we love the truth, or do we love ourselves more? The truth is simple and we need to simply receive it.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's Greek...He became a curse for us. The curse of the law is to be told to uphold something that can't be done...in one's own strength.

From the OT... Deut. 21:22,23 "If someone guilty of a capital offense is put to death and their body is exposed on a pole
23 you must not leave the body hanging on the pole overnight. Be sure to bury it that same day, because anyone who is hung on a pole is under God’s curse. You must not desecrate the land the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance.

The curse itself is the capital offense being attributed to someone. That person was not to be left on display.

Jesus was exposed as if He was cursed...and He was...by men...but He took on the curse of the law by having victory over the flesh. It was given to men to get it very wrong. However, what men got wrong, God got right...His body on the cross was a marker of victory over the flesh...so that we too could have victory and overcome the curse of the law on ourselves by joining Him on the cross.

For us, the cross is not a symbol of shame and a curse....no...it is the symbol of victory as the POWER that crucifies our outer man ....giving our inner man access to God.
What if the land flowing with milk and honey was never a geographical place, but rather it was God in them, as happened in the first century. The land being their bodies?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and HE THAT BELIEVETH NOT THE SON SHALL NOT SEE LIFE, BUT THE WRATH OF GOD ABIDETH ON HIM."
Before you make a doctrine out of a verse, you have to find the verses that are in tension to it, that appear to say the opposite, and work to understand and have the balance. Otherwise, you end up lopsided in a way that gives too much weight to matters that aren’t as important comparatively and give too little weight to the weightiest matters, like mercy, for instance. It is like…the gnat and camel. And it is like…always putting your thumb on the scale in your favor and against the favor of your neighbor.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Before you make a doctrine out of a verse,

Her verse is showing the current status of a Non-born again person.

They are already DAMNED, and are waiting to go to hell.
You read that the WRATH of God is ON them.....and that is not a myth, mistranslation, or obtuse concept.

How do you get the "wrath of God" off of you?

Jesus said.....>"you must be born again".

Final answer.

People who went to hell today....water baptized, bible teachers, trying to be like Christ.....were not born again.

There are no born again in Hell.
There are no Christ Rejectors, never born again, in Heaven.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What if the land flowing with milk and honey was never a geographical place, but rather it was God in them, as happened in the first century. The land being their bodies?
You have given me quite a shock that you can see this…(although the promised land would be them in God rather than God in them.) Abide in Me and I in you.
It is both. It was a good temporal place and provision that God was pleased to give them. But also, He created everything to show His glory and His ways and to show the spirit and truth and to speak of heavenly things. So the whole creation is like a parable that says, “the kingdom of God is like…” IF you have eyes to see.
All of creation is “patterned after” the heavenly, the spirit and truth, just as the temple was constructed after the pattern of the temple in heaven.

Epi has said before that it’s like we are…living in a simulation. Isn’t it strange? :) :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Azim

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have given me quite a shock that you can see this…(although the promised land would be them in God rather than God in them.)
It is both. It was a a good temporal place and provision that God was pleased to give them. But also, He created everything to show His glory and His ways and to show the spirit and truth and to speak of heavenly things. So the whole creation is like a parable that says, “the kingdom of God is like…”
Yes, and the way they in was through the veil as stated in Hebrews, Jesus’s flesh. So that curtain hanging in the literal stone building was never torn. In fact it was his flesh. He said God is in me.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have given me quite a shock that you can see this…(although the promised land would be them in God rather than God in them.) Abide in Me and I in you.
It is both. It was a good temporal place and provision that God was pleased to give them. But also, He created everything to show His glory and His ways and to show the spirit and truth and to speak of heavenly things. So the whole creation is like a parable that says, “the kingdom of God is like…” IF you have eyes to see.
All of creation is “patterned after” just as the temple was constructed after the pattern of the temple in heaven.

Epi has said before that it’s like we are…living in a simulation. Isn’t it strange? :) :D
He never told them to build a stone building per Stephen in acts seven. As says the prophet.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He never told them to build a stone building per Stephen in acts seven. As says the prophet.
Can you expound? Keep in mind that when God gives you something for us all, you need to explain to share it since He showed the thing to you and not us. :)
And even if it is vague still in your mind, just try. Even if it’s mostly impressions rather than fully formed thought.

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Come on now....what is Acts 10 all about? It's very simple. Peter being taught by God regarding the gospel and His mercy going to the Gentiles and not just Israel alone....the story about Cornelius receiving Christ the Messiah.

That's a religious mindset you have going there. You add in ideas of your own...unable to quote any verse properly...without a religious affectation that you ascribe to it. I just call that dishonesty. Cornelius was a just man BEFORE He was baptized in the Spirit. Cornelius sympathized with the Jews by doing righteous works. Peter is way ahead of you on this. He realized that God isn't religious at all. How long before you come to that same conclusion?
And you posted this:

"Actually the wrath of God is not on unbelievers..."

To which I brought this scripture from John 3:

Peter also said to the Jew that should repent and believe because they had crucified the Lord. ...otherwise they were guilty of His death. The context is that the Jews should have known better, They were directly involved. You don't see Peter going to India and saying the same thing...The Spirit doesn't follow a dogmatic religious formula. But indoctrinated people do.

Either you go by your religious mindset or by wisdom inspired by the Spirit. You are stuck in a religious loop. Break the habit.

I am not trying to be unkind, but you are contradicting scripture in many ways, and when something is pointed out to you, instead of simply acknowledging your mistake you respond with personal attacks as you are doing here.

Personal attacks? Oh, the hypocrisy.

The carnal mind is deceptive....easy to get lost in it's labyrinth of human reasonings that oppose the truth.

You need to try getting out of your loop.

That is where strongholds are formed.
So break them. Religious strongholds need to be broken at the cross...not by claiming ego building twistings of the word. Go to the cross.

But it takes humility and willingness to bring them down. Do we love the truth, or do we love ourselves more? The truth is simple and we need to simply receive it.
Turn away from self-justification. Embrace humility and stop condemning other believers...and stop judging non-believers...just stop judging. If you judge harshly, you will be judged harshly. Learn wisdom, seek peace with God and men.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The land is the kingdom of God..spiritual Zion. We are not to seek our own bodies. We are to seek the life that is found in Christ...in Zion. Seek first the kingdom...

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't see Peter going to India and saying the same thing...The Spirit doesn't follow a dogmatic religious formula. But indoctrinated people do.
That’s exceptional…! It’s very easy to see As you’ve explained it. :)

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The land is the kingdom of God..spiritual Zion. We are not to seek our own bodies. We are to seek the life that is found in Christ...in Zion. Seek first the kingdom...
What if we are to seek God within us?

Should we not first know who God really is?

Status
Not open for further replies.