What does it mean to be born again?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apostate Israel
Sorry, went to look for a pic. It’s like seeing a different picture depending on if you see black ink on a white page (which is our default way of seeing) versus seeing it as a black page with white ink on it. And even after you see it the other way, every time you look at it again, you at first see it in your default way of seeing. Like this:
View attachment 30186
all of the epistles are a testament of God in their flesh.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have been given the chance to enter. Currently, most every one of us is in the desert, having Our test trusted.
The desert was where all those Old Testament saint were at. Jesus was the light of men that shined but their darkness didn’t comprehend per John.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, another Moses gave a letter of divorce due to your hard hearts. This says the law of Moses was given to appease?
Ah, yep. I’ve wrestled with this.
There is a verse that says, I also gave them statutes that were not good. I gave them laws that were not good for them.
Yet the law is spiritual and good.
And some laws weren’t given because they were good but were given because of the hardness of their hearts.

Quite a riddle. So which ones are spiritual and good? How can one know?? That was my thought when I first wrestled with it.

Reactions: Waiting on him

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You speak few words and move fast, HIH. Im an old lady. I get dizzy easily. You must be very young…
I fear I’m missing half your posts!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a verse that says, I also gave them statutes that were not good. I gave them laws that were not good for them.
And some laws weren’t given because they were good but were given because of the hardness of their hearts.

Quite a riddle. So which ones are spiritual and good? How can one know?? That was my thought when I first wrestled with it.
One of the prophets God spoke through said I never command offerings and sacrifice, I believe they murdered him also.

But a body you have given me?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It’s all spiritual and good in respect of it points to Christ if only in a flesh way.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 13:34-35 KJV
[34] O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee; how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings, and ye would not! [35] Behold, your house is left unto you desolate: and verily I say unto you, Ye shall not see me, until the time come when ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

The house in view here is not a stone temple, God doesn’t write on stone tablets, He writes on flesh tablet of the hearts!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of the prophets God spoke through said I never command offerings and sacrifice, I believe they murdered him also.

But a body you have given me?
Well He did command offerings in the law. I don’t think you have that verse quite right. I’ve not read it say “ I never command…”

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 13:34-35 KJV
[34] O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee; how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings, and ye would not! [35] Behold, your house is left unto you desolate: and verily I say unto you, Ye shall not see me, until the time come when ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

The house in view here is not a stone temple, God doesn’t write on stone tablets, He writes on flesh tablet of the hearts!
I’m not arguing with you! :)

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or did He?
The way it reads to me is He was saying it was always a man’s heart He desired. It was always a man’s heart He wanted the man to give Him.
But to get the balance and not have an incomplete and lopsided understanding, you have to see that…well, it’s like if you look at our countries laws. It always starts with a law, which some find ways around or loopholes, so another law needs to be written. Then another and another. The laws are written for those who DONT keep the law, not for those who DO.

And the garden shows this. They had one command. Just one!

Reactions: Azim
Status
Not open for further replies.