What does it mean to be born again?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Another thing that has stuck with me - and I keep telling myself to go find the recording if I still have it - but I don’t fully remember the whole teaching, yet it pushed me into some sort of turning point where instead of being mostly sad all the time I gained some mixture of joy and sadness at times. It was just a turning point I might do better to not try to explain. The teaching was called, I think, “And Then Came Amalek.”
I do remember the thrust of the teaching though. That Amalek comes right after complaining. Like…that’s his “in.”

There is Esau again…because Amalek was his grandson. Esau keeps coming up for me. In many different conversations. Odd.
The spirit of Amalek. Those who combine their carnal reasoning with the words of God. It catches the simple ones...the ones who lag behind. it preys on the weak...and the newer converts...making them dogmatic ideologues rather true disciples of Christ.

There is a great temptation to try being perfected through one's own understanding...rather than going to God. The spirit of Amalek is easily discerned. All you have to say is...you need to seek God's face for a full measure of grace...and the fangs come out. Amalek champions the best of the flesh and mocks the work of the cross to destroy sinful flesh. Amalek is looking for the death to be passed over...as Agag said..."surely the bitterness of death is passed me by" (1 Sam. 15:32) All enemies of the cross are of Amalek. And they will attack those who preach the power of the gospel.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you expound? Keep in mind that when God gives you something for us all, you need to explain to share it since He showed the thing to you and not us. :)
Okay, Jesus says disregard what is written eye for an eye. Love your enemies. Why would he say disregard what was commanded?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The land is the kingdom of God..spiritual Zion. We are not to seek our own bodies. We are to seek the life that is found in Christ...in Zion. Seek first the kingdom...
Didn’t Jesus tell them the kingdom was within them. Shortly after it was. As shown in all the epistles?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What if we are to seek God within us?

Should we not first know who God really is?
Within a man is nothing but corruption. Seeking God WHERE He is indeed can get you a template of Christ...but still, if you look to build on something within yourself...you will have a mixture which is iniquity.

For the honest believer....who refuses to pretend with religion (which so many do)...either you go directly to God to be empowered by His grace...or you patiently wait for Him and give Him His due...in ALL humility and fear. In either case one must learn to walk in righteousness on the path of uprightness. Whether we are present (translated) with the Lord or absent (still waiting on Him) we should at LEAST do what is accepted by Him.

Otherwise a man will have his portion with the hypocrites.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Didn’t Jesus tell them the kingdom was within them. Shortly after it was. As shown in all the epistles?
The kingdom within...is only experienced within by being allowed into the kingdom realm. And in Hebrew the word for within can also mean among. Look it up....

An outer anointing brings out the buried talent within...so that an eternal fruit is produced.

maybe too much to go over here.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Within a man is nothing but corruption. Seeking God WHERE He is indeed can get you a template of Christ...but still, if you look to build on something within yourself...you will have a mixture which is iniquity.

For the honest believer....who refuses to pretend with religion (which so many do)...either you go directly to God to be empowered by His grace...or you patiently wait for Him and give Him His due...in ALL humility and fear. In either case one must learn to walk in righteousness on the path of uprightness. Whether we are present (translated) with the Lord or absent (still waiting on Him) we should at LEAST do what is accepted by Him.

Otherwise a man will have his portion with the hypocrites.
Your talking about walking in your own power?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, Jesus says disregard what is written eye for an eye. Love your enemies. Why would he say disregard what was commanded?
Hmm…okay, I’m at least vaguely following. (You are a man of few words. Lol.)
Are you going along the lines that everything is spiritual, not temporal?

Did Jesus say to disregard eye for an eye? Or is it more like He said, now is the time to leave revenge to God and follow Me and learn of Me?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The spirit of Amalek. Those who combine their carnal reasoning with the words of God. It catches the simple ones...

Episkopos, you just self defined your entire ministry, and this Thread.

I appreciate your honesty.

I had thought that someone who spit on the Cross by saying that Jesus is a ""whipping boy"", and who demeaned God's Grace as you did by referring to it as """free stuff""', would not be the person who would be open about your only reason to be on this fourm.

Good work.

• Love
Reactions: Keturah

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You’re talking about walking in your own power?
Ah…I remember this place you are in…it’s new and frustrating and makes you exhausted often. It’s like seeing then not seeing then seeing again then oops it’s gone again…

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 10:20 KJV
[20] By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Your talking about walking in your own power?
People will claim to walk in God's resurrection power...even as they sin. So they are making-believe. Such a walk exists and was experienced in the early church. But being rich and spoiled doesn't mean we deserve the privileges of the life to com.

Almost all believers walk exclusively in their own power. Some are LED by the Spirit...which is a good thing...but usually only in a transitional phase....the Israelites were also led by the Spirit..and they died in the wilderness...being unworthy of a walk in the Promised Land.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmm…okay, I’m at least vaguely following. (You are a man of few words. Lol.)
Are you going along the lines that everything is spiritual, not temporal?

Did Jesus say to disregard eye for an eye? Or is it more like He said, now is the time to leave revenge to God and follow Me and learn of Me?
Okay, another Moses gave a letter of divorce due to your hard hearts. This says the law of Moses was given to appease?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People will claim to walk in God's resurrection power...even as they sin. So they are making-believe. Such a walk exists and was experienced in the early church. But being rich and spoiled doesn't mean we deserve the privileges of the life to com.

Almost all believers walk exclusively in their own power. Some are LED by the Spirit...which is a good thing...but usually only in a transitional phase....the Israelites were also led by the Spirit..and they died in the wilderness...being unworthy of a walk in the Promised Land.
But I’m not claiming anything?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

They took up the tabernacle of Moloch according to Stephen. Then they started biting him. Proving what was in them.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
None of the patriarchs received the promise though they inhabited Jerusalem. The first century Christian’s received the promised land?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, went to look for a pic. It’s like seeing a different picture depending on if you see black ink on a white page (which is our default way of seeing) versus seeing it as a black page with white ink on it. And even after you see it the other way, every time you look at it again, you at first see it in your default way of seeing. Like this:
1678373705963.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.