What does Our Savior consider Idolatry

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Seriously! I don't know how serious you are about this.

"Oxymoron" is one of those words I learned on a Christian Internet forum. Another one was "hermeneutics".
and Red herring and Strawmen and a whole lot of "what has that got to do with God" words.

Reactions: amadeus

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Oh I know...who knows if God would just have wanted to 'take us home'?
But, knowing who God is, I am sure He could have taken me home without starving me to death and dehydrating me!!

Obviously we had all been praying, but healing did not happen.
Just wait until you are older young man...and see how well you do with "just believing God."
It 'sounds' good...we all believed that when we were young and healthy.
ha. this is tough to put together with @Frank Lee 's latest post (for instance)...but i guess there was a reason

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is my connection here? Not understanding...at first reading I thought the quote was attributed to me but then saw the "for instance" at by grace's post.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
What is my connection here? Not understanding...at first reading I thought the quote was attributed to me but then saw the "for instance" at by grace's post.
ah, your post on the miracle healing investigated by the FBI, and BG's reflections there. Just tryna suck you in, Frank! :D

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no
i guess it is a poor defendant who retains himself as his lawyer...especially while sitting as judge.
No - it's a poor prosecutor who can't prove the "defendant" wrong. The Deuterocanonical Books were considered Scripture during the life of Christ.
When did they become "NOT" Scripture? Can you answer that?
you are presenting evidence right now, BoL; only it is not the evidence you imagine. Fwiw i honestly would reiterate them, if i thought you were even still reading, ok; and anyone else who cares already knows (that wasn't the Q i asked, i plainly stated i thot Apocrypha was inspired, etcetc)
you affirm for me that i have no business here, and i can only witness for the ones who have already stated that this is really a non issue. The Apocrypha is respected and widely reproduced and disseminated, not that i find any compelling concepts exclusive to It anyway
You're probably right - you have no business here.

If you claim to accept the Deuterocanonicals as Scripture, yet continue to refer to them as "Apocrypha" - then your hypocrisy is such that you probably shouldn't comment on the matter.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no witness i can think of. pseudo-epigraphical imo
Care to elaborate?

imo all of these are pseudo-epigraphy and without Witness, except the Armor ref which is Witnessed in more than one place OT even i think. your catholic is showing iow. gotta run
Again - care to elaborate on what you mean by "pseudo-epigraphy" - or did it just sound like an intelligent thing to say?
Can you tell me WHO told you that it wasn't Scripture but simply pseudo-epigraphy?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Can you tell me WHO told you that it wasn't Scripture but simply pseudo-epigraphy?
sure; the second i witness anyone telling you anything! :)
wadr i'm just not interested in debating beliefs any more, BoL, unless grace is allowed in ok.
If you want to examine pseudoepigraphy, get your DRB and i'll get my Lex,
we certainly do not need to go to the Apocrypha to find pseudoepigraphy now do we. the KJV is full of it
or did it just sound like an intelligent thing to say?
had to copy/paste that, i was perfectly fine with "Apocrypha" tbh

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
prayers for the dead bible - Google Search

Prayers on behalf of the dead have no meaning, for nothing can be changed by... Ecclesiastes 9:5

and we can address the others if you like, but i'd like to stress here that i have no objection at all if you pray to Jesus, Peter, or Hitler for that matter, ok. Long as it is clear that it is not Christian. I will not even belittle your belief as i am judging your works, what i am called to do.

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sure; the second i witness anyone telling you anything!
wadr i'm just not interested in debating beliefs any more, BoL, unless grace is allowed in ok.
If you want to examine pseudoepigraphy, get your DRB and i'll get my Lex,
we certainly do not need to go to the Apocrypha to find pseudoepigraphy now do we. the KJV is full of it

had to copy/paste that, i was perfectly fine with "Apocrypha" tbh
Sooooo, you just use random words to describe what you believe - whether you know what they mean or not?
You claim that you "accept" the Deuterocanonical Books as Scripture - yet you call them "Apocrypha" and you don't see them hypocrisy in that?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
prayers for the dead bible - Google Search

Prayers on behalf of the dead have no meaning, for nothing can be changed by... Ecclesiastes 9:5

and we can address the others if you like, but i'd like to stress here that i have no objection at all if you pray to Jesus, Peter, or Hitler for that matter, ok. Long as it is clear that it is not Christian. I will not even belittle your belief as i am judging your works, what i am called to do.
What does Ecclesiastes 9:5 have to do with praying for the dead??

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
default_sad.png

Just like to make a statement!!! Have you noticed that this thread has been detoured, from its original theme, to divert others from its context!

Reactions: Job

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a shame.
Jesus instituted a Church and said that the Gates of Hell would not prevail against it.

Apparently, you didn't believe Him . . .

Shame! the whole world follows your sacred traditions, the holidays that you claim to be sacred traditions! Jesus said that the traditions of men make the word of God to no effect. I would like to add, what does any of the questions that you and your fellow Catholic's have been asking on this thread, have to do with the theme of this thread! If you want to discuss how the scriptures came into being, then go back to the thread that is already established, such as Sola Scriptura. Or are you trying to derail this thread to divert people from coming to a understanding about what our Savior would still consider Idolatry!!!

Reactions: bbyrd009

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shame! the whole world follows your sacred traditions, the holidays that you claim to be sacred traditions! Jesus said that the traditions of men make the word of God to no effect. I would like to add, what does any of the questions that you and your fellow Catholic's have been asking on this thread, have to do with the theme of this thread! If you want to discuss how the scriptures came into being, then go back to the thread that is already established, such as Sola Scriptura. Or are you trying to derail this thread to divert people from coming to a understanding about what our Savior would still consider Idolatry!!!
WRONG.
That's NOT what Jesus said.
He said that the added traditions of the Pharisees nullified the Word of God because they placed as much importance on them as the did God's Word.

The Scriptures themselves put Sacred Tradition ON PAR with Scripture:
2 Thess 2:15
"Stand firm and hold fast to the TRADITIONS you were taught, either by an ORAL STATEMENT - OR BY a Letter from us."

Finally - This thread wasn't derailed by the Catholics here - we were attacked yet again by the likes of ignorant anti-Catholics who don't do their homework.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WRONG.
That's NOT what Jesus said.
He said that the added traditions of the Pharisees nullified the Word of God because they placed as much importance on them as the did God's Word.

The Scriptures themselves put Sacred Tradition ON PAR with Scripture:
2 Thess 2:15
"Stand firm and hold fast to the TRADITIONS you were taught, either by an ORAL STATEMENT - OR BY a Letter from us."

Finally - This thread wasn't derailed by the Catholics here - we were attacked yet again by the likes of ignorant anti-Catholics who don't do their homework.

Hold fast to the Traditions you were taught, They taught the Gentile Converts about the Feasts of God, which Stephen called the Living Oracle's, you know! the Feasts that God established.
You are obviously an Intellect, and I am but a fool!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hold fast to the Traditions you were taught, They taught the Gentile Converts about the Feasts of God, which Stephen called the Living Oracle's, you know! the Feasts that God established.
You are obviously an Intellect, and I am but a fool!
2 Thess. 2:15 assures us that NOT everything was written down in Scripture - and was never meant to be.

The Church was given Supreme Authority by Christ Himself. The lessons taught by the apostles may not have been written down in Scripture - but they were handed down to their successors.

For instance - the bible doesn't tells us HOW to perform a Baptism. Jesus gives us the formula in Matt. 28:19 - but the WAY to Baptize a person is never explained.
HOWEVER, we read in the 1st century document, The Didache (The Teachings of the Twelve Apostles) exactly how the process is done.

This is Sacred Tradition.
The Canon of Scripture is another one.