What does the bible say happens when you die

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Bible says you will hear the following "Behold! You are my son; today I have begotten you" (Psalm 2:7)

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Read the whole chapter.;) :My2c:
I've read the whole Bible from front to back, from back to front; got degrees in theology; got my ascension robes washed and pressed and ready...oh, and my shoes as well; I think they're shod with something; am qualified to advise others on everything that opens and shuts as well as shuts and opens......but I wont tell you about my secret sins or even admit them!

Reactions: Phoneman777

Angel Faith

Nov 17, 2022
Left Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've read the whole Bible from front to back, from back to front; got degrees in theology; got my ascension robes washed and pressed and ready...oh, and my shoes as well; I think they're shod with something; am qualified to advise others on everything that opens and shuts as well as shuts and opens......but I wont tell you about my secret sins or even admit them!
Did I ask? :D

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope, even as Jesus showed in the Luke 16 Chapter about Lazarus and the rich man having died with their spirit taken to Paradise in the heavenly dimension, the rich man to the side of hell (haides), and the poor beggar preacher Lazarus to Abraham's bosom on the other side of Paradise.

What you are going on is the old traditions of the JEW'S religion. They dwell on Genesis 2:7 about the creation of Adam to mean the 'soul' is part of our flesh body! That primitive thinking is pretty sick, because the 'soul' is not part of our flesh, even as Jesus showed in Matthew 10:28. Even Ecclesiastes 12:5-7 makes this distinction between earthly matter and spirit, and that's Old Testament teaching. Likewise with 1 Kings 17:20-23 with Elijah praying that God would all the soul of the child to return to his dead flesh body.

Even in John 3, Lord Jesus made the distinction between flesh and spirit, as two separate and distinct operations from each other. Ecclesiastes 12 reveals a "silver cord" involved being severed at flesh death. That suggests that "silver cord" is what keeps our soul-spirit connected with our flesh body while alive on earth, and is severed at flesh death, allowing each part to return to their place of origin. Our spirit returns back to God it says, and per New Testament doctrine that means our soul with our spirit returning to the heavenly, and not to some hole in the ground like the ignorant unbelieving Jews believe.
The rich man and Lazarus was a parable Davy, It is actually about an upcoming change of leadership of God's people.

Reactions: Phoneman777

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scriptures apart, please tell us in your own words exactly what we christians will experience when we die, and also tell us what somebody like Hitler, Stalin and Saddam will experience when they die..:)
This isn't some nursery school for toddlers here. So questions like that simply cannot be answered by opinion, but only by The Scriptures. So what does God's Word say about all that, because God's Word does... answer that?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The rich man and Lazarus was a parable Davy, It is actually about an upcoming change of leadership of God's people.
Doesn't matter if Jesus was giving that as a 'story' or not. And that's what it is, a 'story', and not a parable. A parable instead is a mystery that contains another meaning. Jesus used that story to show what actually happens after death to our spirit with soul; it goes to Paradise, to one of the two sides. And He was revealing that to show how each soul has a choice as to which side they wind up on based on how they conducted their life.

(That Luke 16 example even uses the idea of a 'touchstone' for the rich man not having measured up. A touchstone is a stone used to measure the gold content in a stone. The gold stone is scraped on the touchstone, and the touchstone reveals the amount of gold content. So you could call that part a parable, but it's actually just an analogy.)

Luke 23:42-43
42 And he said unto Jesus, "Lord, remember me when Thou comest into Thy kingdom."
43 And Jesus said unto him, "Verily I say unto thee,
To day shalt thou be with Me in paradise."
KJV

The unbelievers often try to manipulate against what Jesus said in the above about the malefactor crucified with Him being with Him in Paradise when they died. Yet Lord Jesus showed clearly that we go to Paradise at flesh death.

MarriedCouple

Mar 26, 2022
NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It happens the following: the soul is taken to be judged in the aerial toll houses, where the torment is so extremely much, the demons beating the dead person for his sins, while angels trying to take the soul from their hands to heaven. But if the angels win, in heaven the joy is unimaginable. Of course the decision is based on what good works and what sins the soul have. While in fact angels and demons alone judge the soul, it is normal to be said God judges the soul. This is most terriying and painful also the death itself is painful. In each toll house are judged specific sins, and if have good works and less sins the soul continue to the next toll house, after the last toll house the soul enters heaven.