what does the Lord God value?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So dont you trust Him is it you that requires Him to do something to prove his love, was not Jesus enough.

you should go back to the non-believer's section, truth doesn't seem to be something you have any respect for, considering what you've just said here.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is clear that the word unconditional / unreserved is a threat to those who rely on being in control (self-willed).

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

I am sorry that you cannot, in these matters, discern the Word too deeply, for it takes faith (unreserved / unconditionally) to do so.
Otherwise, all you can see is the surface, such as not seeing the word unconditional, though it is described as such by other words and actions.

these are verses that are a part of Jesus explaining there are conditions, without posting full content, of which doesn't require interpretation:

Mat_7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat_7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat_25:11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
Luk_6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
Luk_13:25 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:

those who think that God's love is unconditional of which again there is no text in the bible that says so, are going to be at the short end of the stick in what the Lord explains in the postings above. unconditional is a false sense of security that there is nothing required of the so called Christian. and if you preach that there is nothing required of the Christian it won't be well with you either.

just because the Lord Jesus has fulfilled the law to the Father's satisfaction, for our sakes, doesn't mean repentance (more like penitence) faithfulness (to the end mind you) belief, trust isn't required of you. you can't fulfill the law, the Mercy of God through His Son has don't that for you, but you can still, fear and honor.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
ha actually imo God is nuts to do that, so whereas you might have assumed an opinion was being asserted there before, really one was being solicited from you, and now you know mine.

as far as the love of God is concerned, no. As far as reaping what one sows, completely different story.

i would say that a parent can be sorry that a child chose a certain path, and still love the child unconditionally, regardless of the pov that a child might be patricidal or whatever, which imo really does not work as any analogue of a sinner's relationship with God. A sinner might wish that there was no God, but obviously cannot kill God.
lot of selective response goin on, DP

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
i'd like to make a statement here, strictly for effect, if i may:

i am really quite pissed off at God for putting me here.

and i already realized about 50 years ago that i was going to have to forgive my earthly dad before i improved any to speak of.
And i don't know for sure, but i am detecting possibly some unresolved anger toward God, which imo explains why an Angry, Vengeful God is so enduringly attractive to so many.

So i would ask how your relationship with your dad is, first; as a rhetorical question, if you prefer.

Invisibilis

Nov 9, 2017
Northern Rivers
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
these are verses that are a part of Jesus explaining there are conditions, without posting full content, of which doesn't require interpretation:

Mat_7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat_7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat_25:11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
Luk_6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
Luk_13:25 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:

those who think that God's love is unconditional of which again there is no text in the bible that says so, are going to be at the short end of the stick in what the Lord explains in the postings above. unconditional is a false sense of security that there is nothing required of the so called Christian. and if you preach that there is nothing required of the Christian it won't be well with you either.

just because the Lord Jesus has fulfilled the law to the Father's satisfaction, for our sakes, doesn't mean repentance (more like penitence) faithfulness (to the end mind you) belief, trust isn't required of you. you can't fulfill the law, the Mercy of God through His Son has don't that for you, but you can still, fear and honor.
Matthew 7:21-23, and others you mentioned, is about those who follow self-will rather than God's-will.
It is clear that the word unconditional / unreserved is a threat to those who rely on being in control (self-willed)...
God's will is about being truthful, the very source of unconditional love (as I mentioned earlier).

Much Scripture, relating between self (flesh) and God (Spirit), often contains paradoxes.
There is a very high price to pay for being unconditional, it costs one's self.
Luke 9:23-24 Then he said to them all: "Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. 24. For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will save it.

One must forego everything for Everything.

But how do we do that? By letting go to let God.
To let go is to do nothing for self, but do everything for God. God's yoke is light and easy.

What becomes unconditional is self. That is what it means to be humble and meek; to be soft, gentle, and fearless by unconditional faith.
Self-will creates fear, tension, boubtfulness and a closed heart in a person.
God's will creates love, softness, doubtless, fearlessness and an opened heart in a person.

To do anything for God in a truthful loving way is done out of pure love for God (unconditional love).
Obedience is not a chore, but a desire.

It is loving the Love that loves us.

Unconditional love guides us into all truth and love for doing God's will.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 7:21-23, and others you mentioned, is about those who follow self-will rather than God's-will.

God's will is about being truthful, the very source of unconditional love (as I mentioned earlier).

even if some of those are, which I'm not going to lookup, the Fact remains one way or the other, some things disqualify, and some things qualify doesn't it? if God's love was unconditional, there would no disqualifications, correct? and there would be no qualifications. and the bible speaks of what disqualifies and qualifies over and over again, all over it.

for example if God's love was unconditional then acknowledging His Son wouldn't be required would it, but Jesus says He is the only way, so how is it you know more then Jesus does? seeing that Jesus says you must acknowledge Him.

Unconditional love guides us into all truth and love for doing God's will.

and this statement you made: "Unconditional love guides us into all truth and love for doing God's will" is a genuine hoax, promoted by a phony.

anyway, the subject here is what does God value.

Invisibilis

Nov 9, 2017
Northern Rivers
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
...and this statement you made: "Unconditional love guides us into all truth and love for doing God's will" is a genuine hoax, promoted by a phony...
Thank you DPMartin for calling me a phony.
...anyway, the subject here is what does God value.
Truth and unconditional love.

Psalm 46:10 He says, "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

Be still, don't struggle. Remain unconditional!

Matthew 10:14 If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet.

Bye.