What Does Your Bucket List Look Like

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
1 Try to give away everything you own at least once in your life.
(i say try to because you couldn't do it even if you tried, believe it or not;
people start giving you more stuff as soon as you try)
2 Go to a different town (easy nowadays with the web),
stay in one house while you are there, and
eat what they feed you.
(you won't run out of towns)
3 Assume that everything you know is wrong.
every definition, interpretation, premise, doctrine or belief.
we tend to perceive strictly from our own points of view
so profoundly that economies are run on the principle

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
"
What is Torah?

The word Torah is both a name and a general concept. Nowadays Torah is name of the first five Books of the Bible (a.k.a. the Books of Moses, or Pentateuch), and that tradition probably stems from the time just after the return from the Babylonian exile. The Torahic concept encompasses some stipulations that might be comparable to what we presently call law but that fraction is certainly not representative of the whole. In stead, the word Torah appears to reflect "the way things are" much rather than "the way things are supposed to be".

The narrative stories of the Pentateuch, therefore, are not so much (legendary, folkloristic or even sentimental) histories but much rather archetypes of processes through which everything that evolves either will evolve or will be annihilated (read our article on Evolution and the Bible for more on this). Fulfilling the Torah is thus not so much a forced obedience to stipulations but rather a having developed into an entity that corresponds to the way the physical universe works; something that is stable in the physics sense of the word. Since that stability is a requisite for further growth, that stability must be reached before anything else can come about. In a passage that could easily spawn a few gigabytes worth of commentary, Paul teaches that love fulfills the Torah (Romans 13:8-10) but Jesus makes it clear that the entire law must be fulfilled before the state in which people can actually love their neighbor is achieved (Matthew 5:18). And that ties Torah firmly to Wisdom..." The amazing name Torah: meaning and etymology

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
1 Try to give away everything you own at least once in your life.
(i say try to because you couldn't do it even if you tried, believe it or not;
people start giving you more stuff as soon as you try)
2 Go to a different town (easy nowadays with the web),
stay in one house while you are there, and
eat what they feed you.
(you won't run out of towns)
3 Assume that everything you know is wrong.
every definition, interpretation, premise, doctrine or belief.
we tend to perceive strictly from our own points of view
so profoundly that economies are run on the principle

1) Done that 1975..gave all out stuff away to friends, family, neighbours and those in need.
2)Move from England and arrived here in Feb 1976 with just a case each of clothes, a few favourite books and photo's.

3) did learn that most everything we were spoon fed was not all true. But kept the foundations of our faith.

Learned that having "things" does not make for happiness...giving it all away does...it is only a weight that hold us down.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
...Oh, as for a Bucket List, we have never had one...still don't.
If we really believe that God leads us and keeps us...then we have no unfulfilled 'wants'.

I have believed for years..

Ps 16.5 "The LORD is the portion of my inheritance and my cup ".

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
in anticipation of a big move?

Yes, God had spoken for us to get rid of everything because we were to move to Canada. So, ......we did what He said.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
...Oh, as for a Bucket List, we have never had one...still don't.
If we really believe that God leads us and keeps us...then we have no unfulfilled 'wants'.

I have believed for years..

Ps 16.5 "The LORD is the portion of my inheritance and my cup ".
ha ya, i was hoping to invoke a diff kind of list :)

Reactions: Helen