What Does Heaven Look Like?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
can.of.soup — Today at 1:04 AM asks me
Speaking about heaven, what would that look like? I’ve seen depictions of it being bright beautiful clouds you can walk on (like in comics/shows/etc) or it being similar to a second earth where you live in your dream home with a soulmate perfect for you. But is there anything stating what heaven really looks like?

So, I say my reply as such
Here’s some ideas on what Heaven will look like. … Well… there’s actually multiple heavens, Hebrew plural
Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

the heavens
הַשָּׁמַ֖יִם (haš·šā·ma·yim)
Article | Noun - masculine plural
Strong's 8064: Heaven, sky

There’s only one Earth though, Hebrew singular

the earth.
הָאָֽרֶץ׃ (hā·’ā·reṣ)
Article | Noun - feminine singular
Strong's 776: Earth, land

But you can go on individual parts of Heaven.

Revelation 21:2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God
Heaven, Greek singular
heaven
οὐρανοῦ (ouranou)
Noun - Genitive Masculine Singular
Strong's 3772: Perhaps from the same as oros; the sky; by extension, heaven; by implication, happiness, power

So, let’s talk about this area. New Jerusalem, Heaven. Think of it like… a city and a state. Like… New York City, New York. Or like Paris, France.

Revelations Chapter 21 and 22 give a lot of exact details. I’m talking really specific here. Like, 144 cubits thick, 12 000 stadia long sort of specific XD

I’ll give a summary of noteworthy parts though.
No more death, crying, pain.
Everything new.
12 pearly gates always open, precious jewels crystals, high walls, gold transparent glass streets.
No temple (Christ is our temple, as all will be believers in Jesus and be saved as only the believers, which is everyone, will be in this city).
Everyone’s names will be written in Jesus’ book of life

Who will enter the pearly gates? Everyone! It’s always open, always ready to have someone come in. Eventually, all people will be made clean to enter Heaven, they will be washed of all their sins and be righteous in the presence of the Lord. How merciful and great our God is, He is truly deserving of praise. And indeed, He will be praised by all creation. Every citizen of the city of New Jerusalem will worship before Him, which is everybody. Everyone’s names will be written in the Lamb’s Book of Life, never to be blotted out, because the Holy Ghost is in all of them, and God cannot blot Himself out, that would be impossible. God Himself guarantees that we will all have permanent citizenship in this city. There’s no getting forcefully deported from the City of New Jerusalem when you get in, no suffering for anyone.

Revelation 22:2 Through the middle of the street of the city; also, on either side of the river, the tree of life with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

All the nations, all people healed. Everyone saved from the second death, all freed from being stuck in Sheol, as Christ washes away all death, all sin.
1 Corinthians 15:22-28 All will be made alive in Christ, but each in his own turn and ultimately Christ will subdue all his enemies, eliminate death and God will be all in all.
Death will be completely eliminated! Whether that’s the first death or the second death! Whether that’s Sheol, Hades or Tartarus, they will all be emptied out because all creatures in their, all humans, all fallen angels, they will believe in Jesus Christ with faith alone and be permanently saved. Christ, the Holy Spirit, will be in all people, giving them permanent life. That’s what being made alive in Christ truly means!

So in terms of comic, show descriptions, I can’t speak for all of them, I can only confirm what’s written in the Bible

In terms of living in your dream house there’s rooms…

John 14:2 In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?
rooms.
μοναὶ (monai)
Noun - Nominative Feminine Plural

Strong's 3438: Lodging, dwelling-place, room, abode, mansion. From meno; a staying, i.e. Residence.

… which can be translated as mansions! So our “monai” will be even more wonderful than anything we’ve ever dreamed about.

Everyone will have a monai in the Father’s house. How many rooms will there be in Father’s house? As many room as there are people in the world! A lodging is prepared for everybody in advance. This proves that Universal Reconciliation is true. God Our Father loves all of His Children, all of creation, He has created a mansion for each of us. Everyone in the whole world will become believers in Christ, and thus enter into the Father’s house, and thus stay in their residence.

And not the word stay. This proves that we cannot lose our salvation. Once a person is saved, they are always saved. Not only because the Holy Spirit permanently dwells inside the believer making them count as righteous before the Lord, but also because we have a staying prepared for us, a dwelling-place. The Holy Spirit dwells inside of us and we will dwell inside our Father’s house. That’s our protection by the Lord! Not just for those who are already saved right now, but a Blessed Hope for all people who have yet to be saved. For all those still stuck in Sheol with the sins on them. They will be washed of all their sins, a metaphoric baptism not physical, by faith alone in Jesus Christ. They will repent, recognize their sins and thus need for a saviour and believe in Jesus Christ as their saviour, the only way to Heaven.
Isaiah 65:1 God "reveals Himself by those who did not ask for Him: He was found by those who did not seek Him."

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Belief in government = belief in slavery.
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Lk 17:21: "You won’t be able to say, ‘Here it is!’ or ‘It’s over there!’ For the Kingdom of God is already among you. ”"

Heaven is with us. It runs parralell in unseen nature.

All the descriptions of heaven symbolise its nature. Glowing, light and clouds are representations or the closest things in the physicle domain that relate to something we cant see. When you understand that our relationship with heaven is in our heart then you can start to understand why its depicted in the sky or as a "raised" place. When we experience the feeling of honour and glory it is a raised feeling and in fact your hairs stand up.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It is like a perfect enhanced version of earth in all its natural beauty and with none of the dangers is what I think.
There is also a city in heaven and streets, a heavenly country.

1. Hebrews 11:10
    for he waited for the city which has foundations, whose builder and maker isGod.
    In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations
  2. Hebrews 11:16
    But now they desire a better, that is, a heavenly country. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for He has prepared a cityfor them.
  3. Hebrews 12:22
    But you have come to Mount Zion and to the cityof the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels,
  4. Hebrews 13:14
    For here we have no continuing city, but we seek the one to come.

rdclmn72

May 14, 2023
Dunlap TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had a vision when I was 19. It starts with me praying in front of a platform within dark clouds. I saw upon the platform a throne with the figure of a man whose face I couldn't see because it was hidden by an intense light. I then saw around me orbs that were within reach, the Spirit telling me that these are blessings and curses. There is a timelessness in heaven where past, present and future can be seen. Moses didn't get to see God and had to settle for a view of his backside as no one can see him and live. The orbs, the privilege and responsibility to choose to serve God, knowing that we are inspired toward obedience and that God will always back his word in our lives.