What does your username mean?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@LadyofFireandLace, could you tell us the backstory behind your new username?:)
It was my old name but I changed it to the duck one, because I became self conscious about having emotions after someone convinced me I was wrong for having them.

So I took it back yesterday because I have a say and they don't. So I'm done with the grey man routine taking my "too deep" feelings and expressions back and I really don't care about their opinion even after the world disappears, I don't care.

But @LadyofFireandLace, there are two aspects to my personality; passionate fire, delicate lace.

But also I tend to write creatively things that didn't happen yet, so I did used to have "fiery drama" be a thing about myself for insecurity reasons and then I ended up getting into the idea of absorbing everything beautiful and into the idea of crocheting lace.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So many on here, I get very curious about what their name means. I just thought mine was cute and not dramatic at all.
Why, and how, did you change your name? I noticed it on another thread and almost asked.

Does this mean I can badmouth ducks again? ;)

I've been accused of my name meaning that I think I have a vast knowledge of the Bible, but that wasn't my intention at all. I only intended to convey my respect for Scripture in its entirety.

How bout TLHKAJ. I've always wondered about her name, but never asked.

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It was my old name but I changed it to the duck one, because I became self conscious about having emotions after someone convinced me I was wrong for having them.

So I took it back yesterday because I have a say and they don't. So I'm done with the grey man routine taking my "too deep" feelings and expressions back and I really don't care about their opinion even after the world disappears, I don't care.

But @LadyofFireandLace, there are two aspects to my personality; passionate fire, delicate lace.

But also I tend to write creatively things that didn't happen yet, so I did used to have "fiery drama" be a thing about myself for insecurity reasons and then I ended up getting into the idea of absorbing everything beautiful and into the idea of crocheting lace.
LFL could be 'Languishing For Love'?

Reactions: DuckieLady

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Last edited:
Reactions: Lambano and GEN2REV

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are acronyms for names ...some are names that God gave to me during times when He was ministering and bringing healing... such as Hope, Abigail, and Joy. :)
Had to look up Abigail out of curiosity

Abigail
From Hebrew אֲבִיגַיִל‎ (avigáyil, “Abigail”, literally “my Father's joy” or “fountain of joy”)

Very beautiful <3 love this testimony

Reactions: farouk and TLHKAJ

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

@LadyofFireandLace Maybe we know you by another user name? :)

Reactions: Pearl

Mama Etna

Oct 28, 2019
The Twin Cites - Minnesota
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The story behind my choice of username and avatar: Now why the Cachalot? The term more familiar to you is Sperm Whale. I will tell you a bit about the nature of this animal as it pertains to its feeding habits. This whale dives into deep oceanic canyons to feed on squid. It needs a quiet sea to do this. Noises from oil rigs and other machinery will prove a distraction. The animal will move to shallow water and wander aimlessly for a bit when it is distracted before it resumes its feeding. The animals will even change their routes to get away from the noise. The creature in the presence of loud underwater noises will nose up and shut its mouth tightly. With the Cachalot sound is picked up through tissues in its lower jaw. This action limits the impact of the noise.

Now about me - I am a Navigator. I strive to dive deep into my bible study. I need quiet to succeed. Leave off the Facebook, and the dinging from the cellphone on it. My husband’s facebook videos that he plays are distracting noise. I have changed where I sit for my study time. I tend to shut out stuff that is just spiritual garbage. Don’t get between me and my food. :)