what happens when holy spirit comes upon you ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I read the book Yogi Kathamrita by Shri Paramahansa Yogananda in Marathi language. It contains information about Jesus Christ.
The Second Coming of Christ: The Resurrection of Christ Within You. :)
Read the Bible for the truth about Jesus. This Yogi taught with a quite different perspective of who Jesus was. The idea that He implies his views are of the "original Christianity" as if it is something other and more profound than what the Bible teaches is suspicious. Hindus often regard Jesus as "a god", one of many, in agreement with you as being important but not the Supreme Being. There is only ONE GOD. So Shiva, Brahman, Krisna, etc. are not in the Bible.
They will accept Jesus as one of many and teach that all priphets (of any religion) are valid and okay to choose whichever one that draws you.
He only has ( or had, he's dead), a superficial understanding of any, lacking spiritual discernment, which one receives by the Holy Spirit.
No one comes to the Father but by Me, Jesus said. So if you choose any other way, you will remain lost.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is going to come again to take the saints home. It will be a visible literal audible event.

1Thess 4:16-17
"For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord."

If you want information about Jesus Christ, you should read your Bible.

Reactions: Siddhi Koli

Siddhi Koli

Jun 14, 2022
Navi Mumbai
Faith
Christian
Country
India
Read the Bible for the truth about Jesus. This Yogi taught with a quite different perspective of who Jesus was. The idea that He implies his views are of the "original Christianity" as if it is something other and more profound than what the Bible teaches is suspicious. Hindus often regard Jesus as "a god", one of many, in agreement with you as being important but not the Supreme Being. There is only ONE GOD. So Shiva, Brahman, Krisna, etc. are not in the Bible.
They will accept Jesus as one of many and teach that all priphets (of any religion) are valid and okay to choose whichever one that draws you.
He only has ( or had, he's dead), a superficial understanding of any, lacking spiritual discernment, which one receives by the Holy Spirit.
No one comes to the Father but by Me, Jesus said. So if you choose any other way, you will remain lost.
@Siddhi Koli I agree you should not read the book by the Yogi for information about the Lord Jesus or the Holy Spirit.

Read the Bible and also listen to good pastors that believe the Bible is the Word of God.

And you can ask more questions here.
Yes, but my mother said that the ear doctor gave this book Yogi Kathamrita by Shri Paramahansa Yogananda in Marathi language.
I stopped reading this book and I don't believe it, I told my mother; I came here to tell everyone.

Jesus is going to come again to take the saints home. It will be a visible literal audible event.

1Thess 4:16-17
"For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord."

If you want information about Jesus Christ, you should read your Bible.
Yes. I know. :)

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, but my mother said that the ear doctor gave this book Yogi Kathamrita by Shri Paramahansa Yogananda in Marathi language.
I stopped reading this book and I don't believe it, I told my mother; I came here to tell everyone.
That is good. If someone is not a Christian, they could have incorrect ideas about Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

• Love

Siddhi Koli

Jun 14, 2022
Navi Mumbai
Faith
Christian
Country
India
Some people will not hear that Jesus is the Savior of all the worlds.

Revelation 1:7-8
King James Version

7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.
8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Reactions: dev553344 and Debp

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

King James Version

7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.
8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
His sheep hear His voice, but not all are His sheep! Unfortunately, He is not the Savior of all the world. Many will be lost. Only those who receive Him and believe. I would think that when every eye sees Him, they will finally realize their error - but it might be too late. You see, during the Great Tribulation - which is almost upon us, many will receive the mark of the Beast. Once you receive that mark, you have sealed your fate.
To date, there have been many theories as to what this mark will be. Will it be physical or spiritual or both. Scripture says that during these times of a New World Order, you won't be able to buy or sell unless you have this mark (on your hand or forehead). So it must be visible. Some speculate that it will be an embedded computer chip. Others think it could he present in a vaccine taken. ??
So those who are not Christian yet and still have refused to receive this mark, will have a chance to be saved. Well, that is another topic of which there are many views and lots of material to examine.
There are fundamentals that we can all believe, the essentials. But then there are non-essential doctrines that we squabble with, divide over. We shouldn't, but people get passionate and are adament about being right - it's pride.
EXAMPLES: Believing in a young earth or old earth will not effect your salvation. Half of Christians believe in this "Theistic evolution", which I don't.
Some believe in a coming Millennial Kingdom where Jesus will actually be King on earth in Jerusalem and some either think it was past or was/is spiritual.
Are the Catholics right about praying to the saints and Mary, asking them to intercede or do the Protestants have it right?
So just a heads up. There are many debates going on and it will appear that these Christians are not unified. We are with the essentials. The main crucial one is the gospel in one sentence: Jesus died for our sins, was buried and rose from the dead kn the third day according to the scriptures. If you believe that you are saved. You can be confused about a lot of other things, but not that one. There is more to it obviously. But your belief opens the door to a transformed life and begins a relationship with God through Christ. A prayer life, following Him and obeying His commandments to love Him and eachother.

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

King James Version

Yes that is true and sad.

God the Father is a loving Father of us all. And his son Jesus the Christ demonstrated his love by providing a way for us to be with them in heaven after this life. And as you pointed out, they provided for us to live again in resurrected bodies. What a great future we have! Keep up the good work. I am happy to read your posts. :)