what happens when holy spirit comes upon you ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Siddhi Koli

Jun 14, 2022
Navi Mumbai
Faith
Christian
Country
India
Matthew 3:16-17
King James Version
16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Acts 1:8
King James Version
8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

John 16:13
King James Version
13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Acts 2:3-4
King James Version
3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
King James Version
16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

King James Version
8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

King James Version
13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

King James Version
3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
Amen and Amen! Glory to God! 14kli1f.gif

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hmmm
Then who is.
There are many spirits which are not from God but pretend to be. The Spirit sent from God will direct you to Jesus.....this is his purpose. The comfort which we receive from God's Spirit is because our sins are forgiven, even yours Siddhi.

This is what Jesus said in John 16:12-15
“I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. 13But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. 14He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you. 15All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will receive from me what he will make known to you.”

Siddhi Koli

Jun 14, 2022
Navi Mumbai
Faith
Christian
Country
India
There are many spirits which are not from God but pretend to be. The Spirit sent from God will direct you to Jesus.....this is his purpose. The comfort which we receive from God's Spirit is because our sins are forgiven, even yours Siddhi.

This is what Jesus said in John 16:12-15
“I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. 13But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. 14He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you. 15All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will receive from me what he will make known to you.”
Why did I become a Christian? and witness of holy spirit
I know why the Holy Spirit showed me that I was in depression :(And I wanted to get in the car to the hospital

Reactions: GracefulWarrior

Alfredthefifth

Jul 19, 2022
Greater Tucson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First God meets you where you are when you turn to him. The gifts of the Holy Spirit in my life are the opening of my heart to God. Most recently in good things that I have read the Holy Spirit is either prying my eyes open to see where I am at. Or sometimes it feels like the Holy Spirit is swinging a big club to knock some sense into me.

To me being touched by the Holy Spirit, moves me towards himself/God, towards love, towards forgiveness and into prayer.

The fruit of the Holy Spirit is love and forgiveness. If in doubt look for these things.

Al

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hmmm
Then who is.
I don't quiet understand your question. Are you asking, who is the Spirit? It is God's 'modality' of communicating with you about Jesus.
God's Spirit will direct you to people who know Jesus; they will teach you and you will know in your heart of it's truth.

If people are focusing on the Spirit itself, you can be certain it is not the Holy Spirit but another spirit which is foreign and probably painfully 'religious' :) The Holy Sprit never draws attention to itself.

Last edited:
Reactions: Siddhi Koli

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

what happens when holy spirit comes upon you ?

It makes you feel good because you no longer feel a part of the material world and you feel free and detached from it..:)
Look at the holy spirit in the eyes of these these cool, confident fearless Christians-

Becky St. James
rel-chr-wom2.jpg

Bear Grylls
grylls-look.jpg

John Glenn
rel-j-glenn.jpg

"For we look at things unseen rather than the seen, for the seen are temporary, but the unseen are eternal" (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Attachments

• rel-j-glenn.jpg
    rel-j-glenn.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 1

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
King James Version

King James Version

King James Version

King James Version

What happens when Jesus gives you His Spirit is He takes away your sin 1 John 3:5, "And you know that He was manifested to take away our sins, and in Him there is no sin." What that does is cleanses your human nature from being a sin nature that all inherited after Adam sinned which corrupted our human nature, back to its original form when Adam was first created in the image of God. We still have free will like Adam did which he chose to sin with, BUT Jesus gives US His power to not sin so that our pure human nature can partake of the divine nature of God 2 Peter 1:2-4 (read 2-11 for the complete message).

"2 Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, 3 as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, 4 by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Fruitful Growth in the Faith​

5 But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, 6 to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, 7 to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. 8 For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins.

10 Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble; 11 for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ."

Luke 11:9-13
9 “So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 10 For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. 11 If a son asks for bread from any father among you, will he give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent instead of a fish? 12 Or if he asks for an egg, will he offer him a scorpion? 13 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!”

Reactions: Siddhi Koli

Siddhi Koli

Jun 14, 2022
Navi Mumbai
Faith
Christian
Country
India
It makes you feel good because you no longer feel a part of the material world and you feel free and detached from it..:)
Look at the holy spirit in the eyes of these these cool, confident fearless Christians-

Becky St. James
View attachment 27310

Bear Grylls
View attachment 27312

John Glenn
View attachment 27313

"For we look at things unseen rather than the seen, for the seen are temporary, but the unseen are eternal" (2 Corinthians 4:18)
I read the book Yogi Kathamrita by Shri Paramahansa Yogananda in Marathi language. It contains information about Jesus Christ.
The Second Coming of Christ: The Resurrection of Christ Within You. :)

Reactions: dev553344