What Happens When You Believe in Jesus Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saved believers?

a believer is not a Christian only a catechumen
Faith and baptism are required for salvation

you’re ordnance of the saved believer makes the sacrament of baptism meaningless

saved?

matt 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Matthew 10:22
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

Mark 13:13
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Rev 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

Heb 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

Heb 6:11 And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:

1. Romans 11:22 – God’s kindness, if you continue in His kindness

2. Colossians 1:21-23 – holy and blameless, if you continue in the faith"

3. The race of faith: the example of Paul

4. Hebrews 12:22-25: "we shall not escape if we turn away from Him"

5. Hebrews 4:1-3, 9-12: "strive to enter the rest of God"

6.Hebrews 6:4-9 – those who became partakers of the holy spirit and fell away

7. Hebrews 10:23-29, 35-39: "if we sin willfully", "if anyone draws back".

8. Matthew 24:13: He that endures to the end, the same shall be saved

9. Hebrews 3:4-6: Holding fast our confidence firm until the end

10. Matthew 24:13: "But the one who endures to the end will be saved"

11. 1 John 2:24-25 – "if what you heard from the beginning abides in you"

12. 2 John 8-9 : to "everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ

13. 2 Peter 1:5-11 : "Make every effort to supplement your faith"

14. Philippians 2:12-16: "work out your salvation with fear and trembling"

15. 1 Timothy 6:10-16: the love of money

16. Galatians 5:2-4 "Severed from Christ"

17. 2 Timothy 2:11-13: "if we deny him, he will also deny us"

18. James 5:19-20: the wandered brother

19. Some will abandon the faith

20. 1 Timothy 5:8: "he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever"

22. The real family of Jesus: "Those who hear the Word of God and do it"

23. 1 Corinthians 5:5: "so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord"

24. Peter 2: "It would have been better for them never to have known the way of righteousness"

25. Jude: "Turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness" - a much relevant warning

26. 1 Cor. 9:27 ....Lest I myself might become a castaway

Romans 13:11
And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

So salvation by “faith alone” is completely false and impossible!

1 cor 13:2 Phil 1:29 not faith alone

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not every Catholic believes that the priest slapping one side of their cheek with two fingers is how they get the Holy Ghost. Some left the Catholic Church because of that. So that confirmation is just another work denying He is in us since we had believed in the Lord Jesus Christ & that God has raised Him from the dead for when we had gotten saved.

only one church Jn 10:16
Authority of the apostles
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20
Lk 10:16

Sacrament of confirmation

Lk 22:32 acts 8:14-17
acts 14:22

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We follow Him by faith in Him & all His promises to us rather than by our commitment or promises to Him les we deny the power in how we are following Him as being apart from the deeds of the law like keeping a promise.

By the grace of God we are saved by faith in Jesus Christ as our Savior and so by the grace of God we follow Him by faith in Jesus Christ as our Good Shepherd.

John 6:28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? 29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

No one is saved until they die, and even then only the anointed. The rest of us will not come to life until the thousand years have ended Rev 20:5. Be careful in believing that an individual is saved now, that simply is not a Scriptural teaching, although I agree it would be nice, and I hope I am in error on that. Mat 24:13

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is that Jehovah as the Son of the living God that had appeared unto men in the O.T. That was not the Father they had seen in the O.T.

As I said Chris, I agree with Peter, Jesus is the son of the living God Jehovah, who Jesus said was a spirit Jn 4:24, and who was heard from heaven at Jesus' baptism Mat 3:17

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what anointing?

The little flock are spirit anointed Christians of the new covenant that Jesus made on the night of his death with the faithful 11. The covenant was put into force on Pentecost 33CE as recorded at Acts chapter 2. They make up the Israel of God Gal 6:16 and have been purchased by Christ's blood to be Kings and Priests with him in the Kingdom of God ruling over the earth Rev 5:9,10.

They are called by many terms such as holy ones, Saints, Christ's brothers, and likely some I cannot think of. They were all baptized with holy spirit, and number 144,000 which have been bought from the earth to reside in heaven Rev 14:3

Hope that helps sir.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The little flock are spirit anointed Christians of the new covenant that Jesus made on the night of his death with the faithful 11. The covenant was put into force on Pentecost 33CE as recorded at Acts chapter 2. They make up the Israel of God Gal 6:16 and have been purchased by Christ's blood to be Kings and Priests with him in the Kingdom of God ruling over the earth Rev 5:9,10.

They are called by many terms such as holy ones, Saints, Christ's brothers, and likely some I cannot think of. They were all baptized with holy spirit, and number 144,000 which have been bought from the earth to reside in heaven Rev 14:3

Hope that helps sir.

nope faith and baptism are required to be Christian

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary & Eve!

Eve was of the First creation: carnal
Mary of the New creation: spiritual

Eve the cos of Sin and curse disobeyed God! Gen 3:12
Mary cos of salvation, Lk 1:30 & consented to our salvation Lk 1:38 obeyed God & found our salvation Lk 1:30

Eve mourned:
Mary rejoiced: Lk 1:46

Eve gave birth to the all sinners: mother of all the living. Gen 3:20
Mary to the savior of all men: mother of all living in Christ. Jn 19:26-27 rev 12:17

Mary the mother of God! Lk 1:43

Eve brought punishment: gen 3:16
Mary salvation: Lk 1:30 & 38 Lk 2:30

Eve source of sin: gen 3:16
Mary source of grace: Lk 1:30 & 38

Eve brought death: gen 3:19
Mary life: Jn 1:16-17 & Jn 10:10

Eve only wounds & suffering: gen 3:19
Mary healing:

Eve infidelity: gen 3:6
Mary faithfulness: Lk 1:45

Eve offended the Lord: gen 3:6-7
Mary’s soul (being) doth magnify the Lord: Lk 1:46

Eve cursed: gen 3:17-19
Mary blessed: Lk 1:28

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed art thou among women!
Lk 1:28

Sirach 24
Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition

24 I am the mother of fair love, and of fear, and of knowledge, and of holy hope.
25 In me is all grace of the way and of the truth, in me is all hope of life and of virtue.
26 Come over to me, all ye that desire me, and be filled with my fruits.
27 For my spirit is sweet above honey, and my inheritance above honey and the honeycomb.
28 My memory is unto everlasting generations.
(I know this scripture is deleted by the tradition of men in the KJV)

The Dove, & rainbow signs of peace are types of Mary mother of our salvation who obtained peace for all men!

Song of Solomon 1:2
Smelling sweet of the best ointments. Thy name is as oil poured out: therefore young maidens have loved thee.
Oil heals and fuels the flame, and is the fruit of the olive (peace) so the name of Mary is our peace, and healing, and fire of divine love!

Proverbs 8:35
He that shall find me, shall find life, and shall have salvation from the Lord:

And hundreds more, you will find in the excellent book by Saint Alphonse Lugosi the glories of Mary!

Lk 1:45 all generations shall call me blessed!

Actually this is an exultation of thanksgiving for having obtain thier eternal salvation!

Mary and all the saints grace, virtues, and merits are from God’s infinite goodness mercy and love and they end in the God glory!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
nope faith and baptism are required to be Christian

Obviously every Christian has faith, Faith. But of course faith does not make them a Christian. I would venture to say that those men of Mat 7:21-23 had a tremendous faith, yet they represented the other god. I as well would hate to think that God is so evil, that a newer Christian who had not yet came to the point of baptism, would be considered a goat, and lose out on salvation.

I fully agree however, that there will be a distinct point in a Christians progression, where God would consider it a requirement. Could you imagine an elder in the congregation who was not baptized? Of course that would not happen, but consider it is rather obvious that Jesus was raised in a Godly household, he was recorded as being outstanding at the age of 12 by those taking the lead at the temple, yet he was 30 yrs old when he was baptized. It would be plain ludicrous to think that Jesus would not be counted as one of God's people prior to his baptism.

And I know that is actually a stretch, as baptism was not really part of the Law that God's people lived under, and was relatively new to them in Jesus' day. It really became more of a Christian thing. John the baptist was the first one to baptize.

I might also note that baptizing others is our assignment, but because one gets baptized it does not guarantee salvation, but it does symbolize death to a former course of life, and birth into a life of serving God eternally. One has to live up to their baptism.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And hundreds more, you will find in the excellent book by Saint Alphonse Lugosi the glories of Mary

You meant Liguori , Sorry couldn't resist. Here is
Saint Lugosi

Bela_Lugosi_as_Dracula.jpg

BTW, I have attended mass at a Redemptorist Church in the past. Liguori was super big on Mary. Statues of him were in the church too which is why I am familiar with him. I'm not a Catholic though. I used to sit in the back with the protestant guy. I think we were the only two in the church. His wife was Catholic. I recognized he was protestant when I saw his KJV Bible. :D

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do yourself a favor and ask Jesus if water baptism is necessary for salvation.
Have you been baptized?
Precious friends, it is Very Unfortunate there is So Much Confusion over
water, That God Is NOT the author of (1 Corinthians 14:33), eh?

Yes, I was "water baptized" THREE times! 1) FORCED on me by parents, as
and infant, in rcc! = false! 2) Deceived by coc, as a "babe In CHRIST," with
THEIR favorite, cherry-picked, and Fragmented Scriptures! True for the
Previous
dispensation "of the law," But NOT for the Current "Dispensation
Of The PURE GRACE Of God!" Again!
= false!

3) Re-baptized in the [symbolic] tradition of the "baptist denomination," still
as a growing "child of God," but, again, found out this Confusion Also was false.

Is Confusing water baptism necessary, today? Why NOT?:

A Prayerful And Careful Bible study of ALL baptismS has Scriptural
Evidence
of Only ONE Baptism (Ephesians 4:5; 1 Corinthians 12:13),
Today, Under God's PURE GRACE!

GRACE And Peace...

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Galatians 2:16 KJV
16) Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Galatians 2:20 KJV
20) I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

1 Peter 1:3-5 KJV
3) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
4) To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
5) Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Much love!
Paul saying that no one can be forgiven through keeping a law doesn't mean Christianity is a solely intellectual exercise. Christ is not living in you if you're not doing what He said.

Reactions: Cassandra

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obviously every Christian has faith, Faith. But of course faith does not make them a Christian. I would venture to say that those men of Mat 7:21-23 had a tremendous faith, yet they represented the other god. I as well would hate to think that God is so evil, that a newer Christian who had not yet came to the point of baptism, would be considered a goat, and lose out on salvation.

I fully agree however, that there will be a distinct point in a Christians progression, where God would consider it a requirement. Could you imagine an elder in the congregation who was not baptized? Of course that would not happen, but consider it is rather obvious that Jesus was raised in a Godly household, he was recorded as being outstanding at the age of 12 by those taking the lead at the temple, yet he was 30 yrs old when he was baptized. It would be plain ludicrous to think that Jesus would not be counted as one of God's people prior to his baptism.

And I know that is actually a stretch, as baptism was not really part of the Law that God's people lived under, and was relatively new to them in Jesus' day. It really became more of a Christian thing. John the baptist was the first one to baptize.

I might also note that baptizing others is our assignment, but because one gets baptized it does not guarantee salvation, but it does symbolize death to a former course of life, and birth into a life of serving God eternally. One has to live up to their baptism.

Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38 faith and baptism

God breathed life into Adam, gen 2:7 and we received this life from our fathers!

Christ breathed on the apostles our spiritual fathers, we receive the new covenant life of God’s grace from them thru faith & baptism! Jn 20:21-23 Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38

Born again! Born from above!

'The Father has set his seal' on Christ (John 6:27) and also seals us in him (cf. 2 Corinthians 1:22; Ephesians 1:23, 4:30). Because this seal indicates the indelible effect of the anointing with the Holy Spirit in the sacrament of Baptism,

Baptism indeed is the seal of eternal life." 87 The faithful Christian who I has "kept the seal" until the end, remaining faithful to the demands of his Baptism, will be able to depart this life "marked with the sign of faith," 88 with his baptismal faith, in expectation of the blessed vision of God - the consummation of faith - and in the hope of resurrection.

St. Paul tells the faithful at Ephesus that they have been “sealed with the promised Holy Spirit.” This is in terms of an indelible character imprinted on the soul in the sacraments of baptism and confirmation. It is not as if this invisible mark is simply decorative. Rather, through it, we are enabled to participate in Christ’s mission and in his offices of priest, prophet, and king. Eph 1:13

Sealed by God eph 1:13 sealed by God (ez 36:25-27) in the ark of salvation by baptism just as Noah was sealed by God in the ark of the flood gen 7:16

1 Pet 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark of Noah none were saved, outside the church (the ark of salvation) none are saved!)

Sealed in the ark, sealed in the church the ark of salvation by baptism!

where does scripture says we have died with Christ by “faith alone”?

Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

where does scripture say we are members of Christ and his church by “faith alone”?

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

where does scripture says we put on Christ by “faith alone”?

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Where does scripture say our sins are washed away by “faith alone”?

Acts 22:16
And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

where does scripture say we are saved or justified by “faith alone”?

1 pet 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!

The only reference in scripture to “faith alone” is James 2:24 NOT BY “FAITH ALONE”?