What have you cooked lately?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever heard of BIG RUN , punxsutawney , dubois area . I lived there years back my friend .
Sure! We're big fans of Punxsutawney Phil! My family is from down south but but my wife is from Lebanon (so she thinks the rest of the world doesn't know what bologna is but it's actually the folks from Lebanon County who are confused—everybody knows bologna is made of wheat gluten and navy beans) just down the road from Hershey. We've lived up this way for over 25 years now. :)

Reactions: amigo de christo

Orkan

Jan 30, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
I cooked pasta carbonara. Cooking is not just a chore; it can also be a passionate pursuit that ignites creativity and brings joy to the senses. For many, the kitchen becomes a canvas, and ingredients transform into the colors of a culinary masterpiece. The act of cooking allows individuals to express themselves, experiment with flavors, and create dishes that evoke emotions and memories. From the sizzle of a perfectly seared steak to the aroma of freshly baked bread, the examples of foods cooked with passion are endless. Think of a beautifully layered lasagna, a velvety chocolate mousse, or a fragrant curry simmering on the stove. These dishes reflect the dedication, love, and artist https://eatdelights.com/Food-Taste that go into cooking as a passion, leaving both the cook and the fortunate diners with an unforgettable experience.

Last edited:

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I cooked pasta carbonara. Cooking is not just a chore; it can also be a passionate pursuit that ignites creativity and brings joy to the senses. For many, the kitchen becomes a canvas, and ingredients transform into the colors of a culinary masterpiece. The act of cooking allows individuals to express themselves, experiment with flavors, and create dishes that evoke emotions and memories. From the sizzle of a perfectly seared steak to the aroma of freshly baked bread, the examples of foods cooked with passion are endless. Think of a beautifully layered lasagna, a velvety chocolate mousse, or a fragrant curry simmering on the stove. These dishes reflect the dedication, love, and artistry that go into cooking as a passion, leaving both the cook and the fortunate diners with an unforgettable experience.
Was you ever on MasterChef?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scrambled tofu, stewed black eye peas, and stir-fried carrots and green bell peppers

View attachment 34072

$12.47 worth of carefully chosen bargain produce—the other white meat :p

View attachment 34073
It all looks great . What if i were to add a little bit of red meat to it .
Like an ounce . Wouldnt that be great . not too much red meat though . Maybe chicken .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, for a bowl that big I don't know if I'd bother firing up the stove for an ounce of anything, Amigo. ;)
Well it did look good on its own . But i was thinking if maybe someone wanted to add some meat into it
and cut back on a wee bit of the other stuff is all .
But it did look good .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well it did look good on its own . But i was thinking if maybe someone wanted to add some meat into it
and cut back on a wee bit of the other stuff is all .
But it did look good .
If they did that, I'm afraid I would be left with no choice but to come over to their house with my Meat Police badge and haul them off to serve the maximum penalty allowable for the crime of Vegetable Assault in the first degree. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: dev553344

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One large organic grass fed beef burger patty with 2 pasture raised fried eggs and cheese over the top (with onions, fried in butter), with sliced cucumber from my garden.

For dessert, a mixed berry smoothie (plain Greek yogurt, grass fed heavy cream, grass fed collagen powder, vanilla monk fruit, 2 tbsp organic cream cheese, and a cup or so of frozen berries blended to perfection, lol).

I only have photos of the main course. lol

Attachments

• IMG_20230706_111339419~2.jpg
    IMG_20230706_111339419~2.jpg
    347.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20230706_112042714~2.jpg
    IMG_20230706_112042714~2.jpg
    307.8 KB · Views: 1

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cookout Classic Beyond Burgers w/ a slab of tomato and onion, cheezy tzaziki sauce on Seedtastic bread and watermelon/apple/lemon juice w/ cayenne

View attachment 34438

These are not the salad days. :Happy:

The really great thing about this is that I could not tolerate raw onions in the slightest for many, many years.

But after taking the mildest of natural remedies, Slippery Elm Bark, my adult lifelong IBS was completely reversed and I can eat freely of any good thing that previously would have put me down to the sickbed. And they were many.

And now, I only take the SEB twice a week to be safe. I could probably get away with once a week but it's cheap and I don't miss the pain enough to flirt with disaster. I once had such a reaction to ginger that I thought I might die. :confused:

Reactions: MatthewG

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm eating ketovore for almost 2 weeks now. I'm noticing that I'm feeling better already.
It's much like what I posted before, but add bacon....and a side of sliced cucumber from my garden. :)

Attachments

• IMG_20230709_171059604~2.jpg
    IMG_20230709_171059604~2.jpg
    268.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20230709_171226384~2.jpg
    IMG_20230709_171226384~2.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20230709_172818410~2.jpg
    IMG_20230709_172818410~2.jpg
    370.3 KB · Views: 1

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its summer time! Barbeque Steaks, Pork Steaks, Deer tenderloin, Brats, Hot dogs, Shish kabobs, Chicken, Shrimp. If I am not cooking my daughter is.

We keep the house at 70 degrees for the warm blooded daughter and the Boxers. So we barbeque a lot so as not to tax the A/C

Hope everyone is having a good summer.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some healthy eating!

Not so for this recipe I found on Pinterest. The tiktok video briefly explained a recipe for ramen noodles with soy sauce, schiracha sauce, garlic etc and I tried it. It turned out great!
Swap out the deep-fried ramen with zoodles and you'd be closer to healthy than you might think! :Happy: