What have you cooked lately?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@LadyofFireandLace is making me lemon bars tonight
Ooo, I love lemon bars. The coffee shop on the second floor used to have them, but for some reason they were discontinued. Bummer.

Other than throwing a steak on the grill, my own cooking skills are limited to unwrapping something and throwing it in the microwave for 30 seconds. Before I got married, I could make pancakes from scratch. Maybe I could try that again, if The Sweet Lady will tolerate a mess in her kitchen. Stand back, folks; this could get ugly!

Last edited:
Reactions: BarneyFife

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I just got finished eating some sauteed yellow squash, brussels sprouts, and okra topped with some pasta sauce, tahini, and a dollop of butter bean spread. It was pretty good, but I don't know whether that sounds gross or delish. :rolleyes:
It sounded good until you mentioned "brussel sprouts".

Reactions: BarneyFife

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You just haven't had them cooked properly. They require the same type of precision as pasta with critical attention to seasoning, as well. Lemon and garlic do very well as do paprika and cumin. The bitter-ish, outer leaves must be peeled away, especially for those who have flavor aversion to them. I like them, but for sanitary reasons it's best to chuck them anyway. I can talk about cooking like my neighbor talks about tractors—forever.

We have a yearly vehicle safety inspection here in Pennsylvania that poorer folk really dread because the required repairs can get expensive. Back in the '80s there was an older fellow everyone used to go to who was reputed to be very lenient and the joke, so to speak, was that all you had to do was to get him talking about tractors and he would get so euphoric that he'd give you a sticker even if your muffler was hanging from baling wire (lol), which wasn't too far from the truth, actually (I mean as far as his leniency goes).

Reactions: amigo de christo

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mushrooms are my weakness. They gotta be just this side of 'dried' for me to stomach them. I hate a snappy, rubbery fungus (unless they're battered, deep-fried and dipped in horseradish ranch dressing—i.e., well-disguised). I can gag on a sweet potato, too, unless it's concealed in a spiced, dessert pie with whipped cream on top. hmmx1:

Reactions: Lambano

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Poblanos. I know a guy. :jest:

(It's just a produce market a mile or so down the road.)
They look like large Jalapenos! It's not expensive to eat right. We have places like Save-a-Lot, Adli's, many road stands with all kinds of fruit and veggies. Not to mention many food AND clothes pantries around here.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They look like large Jalapenos! It's not expensive to eat right. We have places like Save-a-Lot, Adli's, many road stands with all kinds of fruit and veggies. Not to mention many food AND clothes pantries around here.
We do a lot of biz with ALDI. :D

Reactions: Nancy

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fresh Juice - Only $17.50/gallon!!
( - 62¢ for the bananas I ate)
PXL_20230608_114330061.jpg
I guess $4/quart isn't too bad.​

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This thing is taunting me:

PXL_20230608_180053752.jpg

It's been laying around here since Saturday night, and I'm tempted to throw it out. But I just noticed it's artificially flavored, and that's not so tempting. 'Cause I could make a better plant-based, cheese-like substance ('cause it's not really cheese - lol) with real horseradish, so... hmmx1: :jest:

• Haha
Reactions: Nancy

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You just haven't had them cooked properly. They require the same type of precision as pasta with critical attention to seasoning, as well. Lemon and garlic do very well as do paprika and cumin. The bitter-ish, outer leaves must be peeled away, especially for those who have flavor aversion to them. I like them, but for sanitary reasons it's best to chuck them anyway. I can talk about cooking like my neighbor talks about tractors—forever.

We have a yearly vehicle safety inspection here in Pennsylvania that poorer folk really dread because the required repairs can get expensive. Back in the '80s there was an older fellow everyone used to go to who was reputed to be very lenient and the joke, so to speak, was that all you had to do was to get him talking about tractors and he would get so euphoric that he'd give you a sticker even if your muffler was hanging from baling wire (lol), which wasn't too far from the truth, actually (I mean as far as his leniency goes).
Have you ever heard of BIG RUN , punxsutawney , dubois area . I lived there years back my friend .

Reactions: Marvelloustime