What have you cooked lately?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cooking used to be one of my passions but, over the last 3-4 years or so, I've not had the desire or motivation to make anything.
Today I found that I wanted to make beans and greens soup with crusty Italian bread! I always over do it so, y'all should come on over and break bread with me! Lol Anyhow, I will usually take some of the soup and seperate it before adding tomato's; for one of my neighbors.
It came out very good. Usually use 16 bean but decided to use Cannellini beans instead :)

Here are pics! :)

Attachments

• Beans n Greens with tomatos.jpg
    Beans n Greens with tomatos.jpg
    445.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Beans n Greens without tomato.jpg
    Beans n Greens without tomato.jpg
    396.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Italian Pane Bread.jpg
    Italian Pane Bread.jpg
    504.7 KB · Views: 6

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cooking used to be one of my passions but, over the last 3-4 years or so, I've not had the desire or motivation to make anything.
Today I found that I wanted to make beans and greens soup with crusty Italian bread! I always over do it so, y'all should come on over and break bread with me! Lol Anyhow, I will usually take some of the soup and seperate it before adding tomato's; for one of my neighbors.
It came out very good. Usually use 16 bean but decided to use Cannellini beans instead :)

Here are pics! :)
I just noticed, yeah, you like that bread. The Italian Pane, that's one of my very favorites! Like, three ingredients, I think. We're both diabetic, though, so we go for the sprouted bread.

Much love!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
My one pot soup recipe goes like this: -

500g of diced chicken hearts, 500 g of diced gizzards, 250 g of diced chicken thigh meat, 250 g of diced chicken breast meat, two large onions, 2 large diced tomatoes, two large diced carrots, 300 g of small diced sweet potato, 300 grams of diced pumpkin, half a diced capsicum, a diced shallot stick, a cup of thinly sliced spring onions, a cup of thinly sliced leaks, around 200 ml of soy sauce to suit your preference but more can be added later if required, around a cup of bailey, around a cup of red lintels, both measured by the hand, spices like chilli powder, ground pepper, turmeric and seasoning with salt to suit your taste. Pressure cooked in lots of water. After taking off the lid of the pressure cooker, I pour in a small can of coconut milk or cream and a can of sweet corn kernels, pre-cooked diced broccoli and cauliflower to suit, and then if you like, thicken with corn flour.

An hour or so of prep work dicing before cooking means that up to ten meals can be had by the two of us over the week interspersed with other meals if required, depending on the serving size that that is dished out. Toasted buttered bread can be added on the side.

Too reheat simply heat in the microwave.

Spoiler alert, it can add on the weight if you eat too much.

However, meat wise this is a cheap dish to cook. A kilo of chicken hearts and gizzards only costs around $7.00 AUD per kilo and depending on the choice of chicken meat used, that can be brought on special for under $10.00 AUD per kilo. This is a great meal to cook every couple of weeks or so.

• Wow
Reactions: MatthewG

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I don’t cook , rather clean. Dan likes cooking - so we make a good team xx
He is about to cook me Egg and spinach on toast ( it’s my birthday so he always makes me breakfast in bed ) xx

@Josho - where have you been , haven’t seen you on here in ages ( unless you have been here when I am not online )

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don’t cook , rather clean. Dan likes cooking - so we make a good team xx

@Josho - where have you been , haven’t seen you on here in ages ( unless you have been here when I am not online )
I just haven't felt like checking in as much in the last year or 2, I am still alive though. :p

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dad came over and stayed with me last week so I made a few meals ahead of time.

Spinach Quiche, Pork chops with mushroom and onion gravy, Cream of celery soup, Chicken and noodle soup with dumplings,
Meatballs (more like mini meatloaves) with mashed potatoes, and Bread pudding.
I'm still working on the leftovers lol.
I love cooking, it's the clean up I'm not fond of.

I used Keilbasa and Spinach for my Quiche.
Here's an easy recipe using bisquick instead of a pie crust.
Mmm Mmm good.
Hugs