What have you cooked lately?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, we have some great cooks here! Thanks, and keep putting up some pics! We can also share recipes!
Sorry I have not posted much as; I have not cooked anything post-worthy, lol. Will mostly be grilling breast of chicken and cut in bite sized pieces, then added into a big salad with some awesome ingredients: celery, tomatoes, cucumbers, broccoli, craisins, pecan halves, carrots, cheese and dressing! It really does end up being a pretty big salad, lol. But it is dinner after all...

Thanks for your shares :Bestest:

PS- I just CANNOT forget one of the most important ones! Red onion :)

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, we have some great cooks here! Thanks, and keep putting up some pics! We can also share recipes!
Sorry I have not posted much as; I have not cooked anything post-worthy, lol. Will mostly be grilling breast of chicken and cut in bite sized pieces, then added into a big salad with some awesome ingredients: celery, tomatoes, cucumbers, broccoli, craisins, pecan halves, carrots, cheese and dressing! It really does end up being a pretty big salad, lol. But it is dinner after all...

Thanks for your shares :Bestest:

PS- I just CANNOT forget one of the most important ones! Red onion :)
I used to make chicken Cesar salad, with mozzarella cheese and Cesar croutons. Super good eats. Can't forget the Cesar dressing.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hahahaha! @Nancy. I was just thinking of chopping some red onion up this morning. I have a lot of ham (sliced) in the fridge which I need to get rid of, so I was going to chop that up and with the ham and turn it into a spam like consistency and then add a couple of eggs to bind and maybe some flour. I'm going to freeze it and use it like a fritter as necessary. I get my ideas from God. He wakes me up and I go do it.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
A family member gave me some slices of ham that has been sitting in the fridge for too long and I really needed to do something about it. I don't like to waste food, particularly when there is so many folk out there who are struggling so this is what I made (with the help of the Holy Spirit.)

1. Ham. 1685488143135.png 2. chopped with red onion, paprika, salt and parsley add. 1685488223247.png
3. Zapped in the nutribullet 1685488358061.png 4. Now minced 1685488413644.png 5. Eggs and flour added 1685488466250.png
6. Mix 1685488508987.png 7. Cook in oil and a bit of butter 1685488648207.png 8. Outcome. (may need more flour according to wetness level. 1685488724482.png 9. Testing, delicious! 1685488773747.png 10.Will freeze the rest of the mixture until needed

Attachments

• 1685488509852.png
    1685488509852.png
    3 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A family member gave me some slices of ham that has been sitting in the fridge for too long and I really needed to do something about it. I don't like to waste food, particularly when there is so many folk out there who are struggling so this is what I made (with the help of the Holy Spirit.)

1. Ham. View attachment 33209 2. chopped with red onion, paprika, salt and parsley add. View attachment 33210
3. Zapped in the nutribullet View attachment 33211 4. Now minced View attachment 33212 5. Eggs and flour added View attachment 33213
6. Mix View attachment 33214 7. Cook in oil and a bit of butter View attachment 33216 8. Outcome. (may need more flour according to wetness level. View attachment 33217 9. Testing, delicious! View attachment 33218 10.Will freeze the rest of the mixture until needed
Incredible!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hahahaha! @Nancy. I was just thinking of chopping some red onion up this morning. I have a lot of ham (sliced) in the fridge which I need to get rid of, so I was going to chop that up and with the ham and turn it into a spam like consistency and then add a couple of eggs to bind and maybe some flour. I'm going to freeze it and use it like a fritter as necessary. I get my ideas from God. He wakes me up and I go do it.
Clever Angelina! It takes a certain kind of methodology to put things together like that, and not everyone has it, lol...take my sweet sister, since she STILL uses processed foods, I was over there one day years ago while she was making my nieces and nephews lunch. Boxed Mac n Cheese. She boiled the water, and added not just the noodles but also the butter and the cheese packet and stirred that mess up, lol. She tries and has improved. I mean, if one is going to insist on processed meals, at least read the very simple directions, lol.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had some friends over for Memorial Weekend:
  1. Salad
  2. Pickles & Cottage Cheese
  3. Roasted Potatoes (Said to be best they ever had)
  4. Country Style Ribs (Outstanding seasoning)
  5. Salmon fillet's grilled
  6. Asian Chicken Thigh's (boneless)
  7. Corn on the Cob
  8. Dessert - Watermelon
  9. Dessert - Cigars & Vino by bonfire

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Clever Angelina! It takes a certain kind of methodology to put things together like that, and not everyone has it, lol...take my sweet sister, since she STILL uses processed foods, I was over there one day years ago while she was making my nieces and nephews lunch. Boxed Mac n Cheese. She boiled the water, and added not just the noodles but also the butter and the cheese packet and stirred that mess up, lol. She tries and has improved. I mean, if one is going to insist on processed meals, at least read the very simple directions, lol.
Thank you sister. ♥

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Looks delicious @Ritajanice. Love the details. What kind of meat did you use?
Thank you,Angelina, I used a cheap cut of meat from Lidl, I usually cook my meat in the instant pot, unfortunately I had added to much flour, therefore the instant pot wouldn’t come up to pressure, I ended up cooking it in the oven ,it was ok, some of the chunks of meat were pretty tough.

I made water crust pastry....it’s so easy to make and tastes delicious....I see you are very creative in your own recipes.....I usually look my recipes up, LOL....

• Love
Reactions: Wynona and Angelina

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That sound delicious @Wynona! - I had some chicken left-overs in the fridge which I would normally throw out tomorrow but decided to make a chicken pumpkin and garlic pie and will use the chicken frame to make soup which I will probably freeze...
What type of pastry did you use, it looks like it will melt in the mouth, yummy!!...was it shortcrust?

• Love
Reactions: Wynona and Angelina

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Angelina ....made the pie in this tin, hence the pattern around the edge, stamped out the leaves with this,Lol....gadgets come in handy for presentation....B6759C48-1E0C-4AC8-9F0F-64C33EB67F3D.jpeg

Reactions: dev553344

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Is that mincemeat pie by any chance?? :D
Lol....haha...no, it’s beef and onion pie...meat was a bit tough...I added a few carrots to the meat, water crust pastry, so easy to make....ingredients aren’t very healthy though, 200 grams of lard, 500grams plain flour, t/ spoon salt, 7 fluid ounces of hot water...delicious pastry.

On saying that, I make mincemeat and frangipani pie at Christmas...Nigella Lawson recipe.