What if someone believes in Jesus, and His mission, But not all the bible?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Warrior

Apr 18, 2012
Can someone be saved if they dont really Believe the whole bible as the Truth of God?

Say someone believes in Jesus as their Lord and Savior, But they dont believe the Bible is really the truth, Can they still be saved under the circumstance they are praying for Jesus to cleanse them and purify them?

Im curious I ask alot of questions.

MichaelH

Nov 28, 2013
Inmate said:
Can someone be saved if they dont really Believe the whole bible as the Truth of God?

Say someone believes in Jesus as their Lord and Savior, But they dont believe the Bible is really the truth, Can they still be saved under the circumstance they are praying for Jesus to cleanse them and purify them?

Couple ways to look at this......

1) I am not the judge of who is saved or not saved. I won't be the one judging at the end.
2) What do any of us really believe about the Bible? If you believe God's Word is final authority on everything, then you do good. Even believing that does not mean we know everything or understand everything in there. Someone might say I don't believe this or that, but that does not mean God can prove them wrong and open their eyes. A believer should not be praying for Jesus to cleanse them or make the pure though. So they need to accecpt what the scriptures do say.

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
easy question to take on----------------- if one does not believe all the bible what can happen?

Than Satan can mess with that person and really screw with their minds and feelings making them feel worthless stupid and useless to anybody any time he wants . :D AND WORSE YET .. He can make them wonder if God really loves them!

you see that person has very little armor to protect him self in the heat of Satans battles with them.

God gives it for their use But they think they know better than God.

NOW CHECK OUT WHAT GOD SAYS

EPHESIANS 6:11

www;whataboutjesus.com

being rooted in Gods word is so very important.

Luke 8:13
Those on the rocky ground are the ones who receive the word with joy when they hear it, but they have no root. They believe for a while, but in the time of testing they fall away.

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
2Co_7:10 For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

When one repents, they will generally go on to complete their born again experience. That would be baptism in water and Spirit. Without the Spirit there is no eternal life.

That being done, all are babies in Christ. It is a process much like a natural birth. To grow requires reading and studying the word of God. Some babies in Christ seem to be content to remain a baby and will not study scripture. That is a sad thing and it means they are never able to understand the things of God, and can easily be swayed back to doing things unacceptable to God.

How long will God deal with those types can only be determined by God. I do know it is better to study God's word than not. It brings assurance that the baby will never have.

For those that have been trying to take the babies way, this is a saying that is true.

"To live for God easy, is hard.

To live for God hard, is easy."

Study God's word, and compare it to what any bible teacher says. There are wolves is sheep's clothing a plenty.

Be blessed

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There is absolutley no requirement to believe th ebible to be saved. I know the bible has errors, i also know it is not all scripture, I have no problems raising this with God and He certainly has not excluded me from salavtion, The bible has become a stumbimng block to so many. what has it to do with your salvation. Chriist is teh Word of God.

In all His Love

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Trust is the cornerstone for any relationship, including our relationship with God. The christian must believe the message of the bible at a bare minimum, and trust that it is true. Then the person may mature in their faith to actually believe the stories of the bible that the world rejects. As we mature our spirits should hunger and thirst for his words which are true. Everything God says is true because he said it. Child-like faith believes what it is told.

To those who think the truth in the stories of the bible are lost to time: Why would God give us his word if it would not be preserved?

Kevin

Nov 29, 2013
Texas
The only requirement for salvation is repentance and belief upon the Lord Jesus. If you believe that Jesus died for your sins, was buried, and three days later rose from the dead, you are saved.

John 3:16
Romans 10:8-13
Galations 2:16
Romans 5:1
Acts 16:30-31

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
mjrhealth said:
There is absolutley no requirement to believe th ebible to be saved. I know the bible has errors, i also know it is not all scripture, I have no problems raising this with God and He certainly has not excluded me from salavtion, The bible has become a stumbimng block to so many. what has it to do with your salvation. Chriist is teh Word of God.

In all His Love
From this site's rules:

• Blasphemy will not be tolerated. This forum is intended for a Christian audience. Those who are not of the Christian faith are welcome to sign up but will be relegated to private forum discussion with staff members only. Any derogatory remarks about God (including the Son and Holy Spirit) will be removed. The same goes for remarks about Christianity. Do not hold the Bible to be the Word of God? We are not interested, then.

Apocalypticist

May 26, 2013
Kevin said:
The only requirement for salvation is repentance and belief upon the Lord Jesus. If you believe that Jesus died for your sins, was buried, and three days later rose from the dead, you are saved.

Kevin is the only one who is correct on this thread. If you believe in the Son you will be saved. If you begin to deny the Bible and this causes you to stop believing in Jesus, then of course you will not be saved. But if you have sincere questions that you're being troubled with no answer to but ultimately have faith the Lord can answer them for you, then yes you will be saved and this belief will not prevent you.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Inmate said:

I feel it can be just that simple , YES !!

Some of the best Christians I know never read their bibles and are too shy to attend church

On another note an orphanage burned to the ground a long time ago . It specialized in mute children (deaf and blind and could not speak)

It was a christian charity as were nearly all orphanages in that era. ... No money , and the soup was thin

The workers (mostly volunteers) did their best to teach the kids about Jesus .... I dont know how they did it , seems impossible to me , but they taught the children to cross their fingers and trust in Jesus

After the fire went out they removed the bodies for burial.

Every child had their fingers crossed

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
Arnie Manitoba said:

Some of the best Christians I know never read their bibles and are too shy to attend church

On another note an orphanage burned to the ground a long time ago . It specialized in mute children (deaf and blind and could not speak)

It was a christian charity as were nearly all orphanages in that era. ... No money , and the soup was thin

The workers (mostly volunteers) did their best to teach the kids about Jesus .... I dont know how they did it , seems impossible to me , but they taught the children to cross their fingers and trust in Jesus

Arnie...I am a bah-humbug person at this time of year. However, that story will be the one I share with my grandchildren!

Thank you so much.

Elizabeth

Dec 14, 2013
If someone doesn't believe the Bible is really the truth (2 Tim. 3:16) then how can they say believe that Jesus is their Lord and Savior?

Can people who don't won't believe the Bible is really the truth be saved? No, if they die in their unbelief it is certain they will go to Hell.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Without the Bible, we would be at the mercy of the church.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
all churches claiming to be Christian

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
We would also be at the mercy of the cult leaders and the false teachers.The Bible teaches us how to spot the phonies.

Arnie Manitoba said:

This is one of the saddest stories i have ever heard. :(

WilliamTn

Jan 2, 2014
H'ville Tn
I think the problem here is not enough info.
You said they believe Jesus Christ is who He said He was, which is what the Bible tells us. So far, we're on track.
Ok, from that point on, is there a lack of understanding?
Does the person question some of the things in the Bible, or do they deny certain portions of it If so, what? and why?

Just for the record......
Who of us doesn't have questions?

lukethreesix

Jan 11, 2014
I see so much doubt as I read these post. No one is sure about salvation, everyone seems to think it depends on "if" a person does a certain thing or believes a certain thing. Have we not taken Jesus out of the picture? Jesus came to save. Period. He will not lose a single one. Stop being afraid, Jesus said "Fear not I have the keys to death and hell." Love cast out fear. Love never fails. God is Love.

Dan57

Sep 25, 2012
Illinois
Faith
Country
United States
Kevin said:

But if a person doesn't believe the bible, there are no requirements for salvation, none that are true anyhow. Why list 5 bible passages if its Irrelevant? How would a person know about repentance if we throw the bible out? What if a person doesn't believe the "died for our sins" or "rose from the dead" parts?

Elizabeth said:
If someone doesn't believe the Bible is really the truth (2 Tim. 3:16) then how can they say believe that Jesus is their Lord and Savior?

Can people who don't won't believe the Bible is really the truth be saved? No, if they die in their unbelief it is certain they will go to Hell.
Agreed... If the bible is not inspired, then its not of God and is not true. We learn of Christ through the gospels, so if the gospels are fake, then what we know of Jesus is an illusion.

Usually, when a person wants to dismiss parts of the bible as a fabrication, they are actually trying to justify their desire to pick and choose what they want to believe from what they prefer to dismiss. jmo