what irritates the crud out of me about "Christians" so-called

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What spiritual gifts have you received and what does being born again mean to you?
Being born again means what the Bible says it means, basically being given new life and becoming a new creation, through the indwelling of His Spirit, the seal of adoption as a child of God.

The Lord granted me (so far) the gifts of prophesy, spiritual discernment, helps, administrations, encouragements, and perhaps healing, (those could have just been coincidental. )
I didn't have facility in such things before recieving Him at the age of 39, but these were revealed in practice under the unction of His Spirit within me, and actually helped in my vocation as well as in ministry.
I never thought that I would preach from a pulpit, or teach in a church, but given that I gave my word to serve as asked, I did.

Believe it or don't, but I was called, equipped, and sent, not by men, but by the Lord. I guess 30 some odd years of desiring to know and be like the Lord was an indication to Him that I could be useful.( the word says that He seeks such.)
I suppose He'll clarify that soon, very soon and at the Bema seat.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ saves wretched sinners. Such is not a license to sin or be egotistical. Rather we are called to be humble and love each other. I urge that.

I realize that’s a very different wave length than your “anti-cult” approach- one I passionately disagree with. I also acknowledge that you’re 99% likely to just defend said approach, and not going to change. So I’ve urged and said my peace, and will leave it at that.
I think you're just stuck on the English definition of love. God defines love far differently. It is unloving to let people die in their deception and a sin to offer hospitality to those who bring a false gospel. Believe the word of God and He will renew your thinking.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you're just stuck on the English definition of love. God defines love far differently. It is unloving to let people die in their deception and a sin to offer hospitality to those who bring a false gospel. Believe the word of God and He will renew your thinking.
Like I said: PASSIONATELY disagree with your approach here, and you’re just going to defend it.

Have a nice day.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand now, you don’t think Barney believes the word of God. This suddenly makes everything so much clearer, you calling him carnal was out of love and hospitality.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 3:3 KJV
[3] For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Carnality isn't sin, its the natural state of man. We just tend to associate the word with the Hollywood version. It simply refers to the flesh as opposed to the spirit.
By the way, I love the avatar you use. Do you know the artist or title?
I’m not sure who the artist is, I believe it’s Cathy Jones.

Reactions: michaelvpardo

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like I said: PASSIONATELY disagree with your approach here, and you’re just going to defend it.

Have a nice day.
So tell my Father if it bothers you, but I've been effective in my calling for 26 years now and He disciplines me when I go off the reservation. Pardon me if I don't value doscility any more than the Apostle Paul or our Lord Jesus Christ. At least I haven't entered any kingdom halls to cast down their pulpits or whip them into submission.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 3:3 KJV
[3] For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?
The carnality is not the sin, the behavior derived from it is. We can't help but be carnal until recieving His Spirit (and even then, it remains a choice of will.) The reason we are to renew our minds through the word, is that such renewal isn't automatic but is part of our sanctification.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand now, you don’t think Barney believes the word of God. This suddenly makes everything so much clearer, you calling him carnal was out of love and hospitality.
I've read a lot of his posts and believe in his sincerity, but he makes a lot of statements based upon what a court would call here- say as opposed to first hand knowledge. If you want to know what Catholics or protestants actually believe or hold to, apostates really aren't a trustworthy source, yet their statements are in part a basis for his error.
My mom had never seen a Jew as a child and thought that they all had horns and killed God. She didn't come up with that notion on her own.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've read a lot of his posts and believe in his sincerity, but he makes a lot of statements based upon what a court would call here- say as opposed to first hand knowledge. If you want to know what Catholics or protestants actually believe or hold to, apostates really aren't a trustworthy source, yet their statements are in part a basis for his error.
My mom had never seen a Jew as a child and thought that they all had horns and killed God. She didn't come up with that notion on her own.
No, because I'm not aware that he did anything wrong. It isn't sin to disagree on doctrine. However, Paul pronounced curses upon those that preached another gospel.

I've had friendly acquaintances among the JWs and the brother that prayed with me to receive His Spirit was actually raised as a JW, but was delivered from that deception and born again through faith in our Lord, an impossibility for those who cling to a false gospel.

The Jehovah's Witnesses can be very moral people, or they can be murderers and liars (as were the couple who were my uncle Munoz' servants in Alicante Spain before he died suddenly, followed by my aunt rose, leaving their entire estate to these children of the devil.) Jehovah's Witnesses can be every bit as moral as a devout Buddhist or Mormon.
Etiquette is not a spiritual gift, nor is deferring to another.

The Bible makes a great rule book for those convinced that salvation comes by following rules, to the extent that they're able. But, salvation is of the Lord, not men.
@michaelvpardo , I love Jesus Christ. He is the center of my world. I first read the Bible on my own, of my own self direction, cover to cover at age 9. I regularly read, pondering & praying daily. I am born in Him-- faith in Him is my foundation that pulled me out of the depth of depression, kept me alive, and healed me. I am through and through a Christian.

And yet, I have met other Christians whom literally think I have horns. Literally. They were told this by "anti-cult" pastors whom strived to "defend the faith" not by preaching love, but attacking others and bearing false witness. Whether they knew their facts were false or not, usually not, they are just repeating what another "defender of the faith" told them. When I explain my love of Christ to such a person... often tines they will just not compute it, because it goes so against what they've been told. "Anti-cult" stuff cracks that person's faith, and it sure doesn't shake mine-- bullying never won anyone to Christ. It's just bad stuff. If you desire to witness of Christ love to people, I would urge you to do just that-- tell them of Christ's love!! Listen to them tell about their love of Christ! And everyone draw closer to Him.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
michaelvpardo said:
Being born again means being given new life and becoming a new creation, through the indwelling of His Spirit, the seal of adoption as a child of God.[/Quote\]

Is everyone who is baptized as a Christian are they all born again? Those who are born again,
What are their eternal destiny?
Guestman,

Huh? Not sure what you are driving at, but I wasn't aware this was a significant doctrine that separates the unrighteous from the "one faith." I don't know of anyone (except the Mormons) that teach a pre-existent soul that is placed within a person. Yes, the "soul" is created and often in the OT and NT, soul and spirit are used interchangeably. In fact, sometimes the "soul" is merely referring to life or the heart and mind of the person. Regardless, this is hardly the "brass tacks" of our faith. Your assertion that this is a crucial doctrine that determines the genuineness of our faith is very concerning.

It seems like to me also that it's a crucial doctrine. So many people have said to me that we have Souls because they said that's what they learned at church growing up. The scriptures however say we are Souls instead of us having Souls. Don't you think one of the reasons it's a crucial doctrine is because these people who have been taught we have Souls is that by believing that way it calls God a liar, because it teaches that a person doesn't really die, but instead teaches death is just a doorway, and that the person is still living, just in another plain of existence?

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@michaelvpardo , I love Jesus Christ. He is the center of my world. I first read the Bible on my own, of my own self direction, cover to cover at age 9. I regularly read, pondering & praying daily. I am born in Him-- faith in Him is my foundation that pulled me out of the depth of depression, kept me alive, and healed me. I am through and through a Christian.

And yet, I have met other Christians whom literally think I have horns. Literally. They were told this by "anti-cult" pastors whom strived to "defend the faith" not by preaching love, but attacking others and bearing false witness. Whether they knew their facts were false or not, usually not, they are just repeating what another "defender of the faith" told them. When I explain my love of Christ to such a person... often tines they will just not compute it, because it goes so against what they've been told. "Anti-cult" stuff cracks that person's faith, and it sure doesn't shake mine-- bullying never won anyone to Christ. It's just bad stuff. If you desire to witness of Christ love to people, I would urge you to do just that-- tell them of Christ's love!! Listen to them tell about their love of Christ! And everyone draw closer to Him.
Its not my intent to win anyone to Christ. That's actually impossible for men. I share the gospel and make disciples of men (and women), but absolutely no one is argued or loved into the kingdom. You must be born again.

I also started reading scripture as soon as I started reading books. (At about the age of 8) and have read different translations all my life. That means nothing other than that I had a desire to know the truth. I loved the Lord as soon as I started listening to gospel readings in catholic masses, even before I could read. That meant nothing other than I was being drawn to the truth.

You must be born again, and I was at the age of 39, having served the Lord already for nearly 30 years. My testimony is not common, but my mother dedicated me to the lord from Birth, (It was very common for European Catholics to dedicate at least 1 child to the Lord) so perhaps that's why I've always felt close to Him, but I still wasn't born again until the age of 39. That's all that matters, you must be born again.