What is a Demon?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course they are living beings or living creatures. Did I say they were not? But you failed to mention that they were a special group of angelic beings called Cherubim. And that is critical. Replicas of the Cherubim were placed over the Mercy Seat which was over the Ark of the Covenant. These Cherubim are described in Ezekiel.

I did not say it is "impossible" either. In fact I have been consistently positing that all the OT and NT saints are in Heaven, which includes Enoch and Elijah.

You failed to mention there never called angels nor does the definition support them being angels.

Ezekiel 1:5-28 Does not call the four living creatures cherubs.

The four living creatures have four wings. Cherubs have two wings. Seraphim have six wings.

The four living creatures are always associated with the throne of God.

Cherubs are always in Guardian roles. In fact cherub comes from an ancient word that means to guard.

Seraphim are fiery creatures. And they are above the throne, as Satan was before he rebelled. Seraphim means fiery ones.

They are three different groups that do not look the same or act the same. Yet you want to claim they are the same.

The Bible never states anywhere that the members of one group are also the members of another group.

You really haven't studied these things have you? I have.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Since demons are creatures (spirit beings), and all creatures are created by God, how do you conclude that "they were not created by God"?

You could say "they were not created EVIL AND DEMONIC by God" and that would be true. But every creature is a creature of God including Satan.

Agree, good point...
I should have said that God did not create them evil , or told them to torment people.

Reactions: Nancy

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agree....and demons do not have a physical body....they seek one to inhabit.....Also they are referred to as unclean spirits...

Matthew 12:43-45 - A Demon’s Journey

“When an unclean spirit goes out of a man, he goes through dry places, seeking rest, and finds none”(Matt 12:43). Jesus speaks from the point of view of a demon evicted from its home. He has been displaced, and is obviously unhappy about it. He travels, “seeking rest, and finds none”—a miserable, unsatisfied existence. “Then he says, ‘I will return to my house from which I came.’ And when he comes he finds it empty, swept, and put in order”(Matt 12:44). The unclean spirit attempts to again possess the man who was his home—and finds the man more than willing to have him back! Not only is he allowed entry, but the house is empty, swept, and put in order—ready for demon habitation! “Then he goes and take with him seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter and dwell there; and the last state of that man is worse than the first”(Matt 12:45). Finding his home far better than he left it, he decides to bring seven worse spirits so they can all live together and torment this man. Truly does Jesus say, “the last state of that man is worse than the first”. Jesus makes the application: “So shall it also be with this wicked generation”(Matt 12:45).

Is the man going through dry places or the unclean spirit? Seeking rest

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is the man going through dry places or the unclean spirit? Seeking rest

The demon or unclean spirit is the one going through dry places seeking rest. When he can't find it, or another person, he goes back to where he was. Back to the person he left. This person, since the demon had left, began getting their life in order. They even may have tried to be a better moral person. But they are still empty. Nothing of the Spirit of God in them. They got good without God. They are still open to demons and unclean spirits. And so the demon returns and brings others with him.

This is a picture of what happens to the individual who reforms but doesn't come to Christ. It is also specifically related to the nation Israel who has just rejected Jesus Christ, and Christ now rejects them. Their house is empty. Jesus Christ came and bound the devil and made havoc of his residence. But Israel rejected Christ, so He will leave. Their state now will be worse than if He had not come.

Stranger

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The demon or unclean spirit is the one going through dry places seeking rest. When he can't find it, or another person, he goes back to where he was. Back to the person he left. This person, since the demon had left, began getting their life in order. They even may have tried to be a better moral person. But they are still empty. Nothing of the Spirit of God in them. They got good without God. They are still open to demons and unclean spirits. And so the demon returns and brings others with him.

This is a picture of what happens to the individual who reforms but doesn't come to Christ. It is also specifically related to the nation Israel who has just rejected Jesus Christ, and Christ now rejects them. Their house is empty. Jesus Christ came and bound the devil and made havoc of his residence. But Israel rejected Christ, so He will leave. Their state now will be worse than if He had not come.

Stranger
Jeremiah 45:3-5 KJV
[3] Thou didst say, Woe is me now! for the Lord hath added grief to my sorrow; I fainted in my sighing, and I find no rest. [4] Thus shalt thou say unto him, The Lord saith thus; Behold, that which I have built will I break down, and that which I have planted I will pluck up, even this whole land. [5] And seekest thou great things for thyself? seek them not: for, behold, I will bring evil upon all flesh, saith the Lord : but thy life will I give unto thee for a prey in all places whither thou goest.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The discussion has wandered on the tangents

Demons are never called Angels and angels are never called demons.

The fallen angels are chained in caves the darkness until the day of judgment, so they are not demons.

Angels are spirits and do not have flesh.

The four living creatures have flesh and are never called angels.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jeremiah 45:3-5 KJV
[3] Thou didst say, Woe is me now! for the Lord hath added grief to my sorrow; I fainted in my sighing, and I find no rest. [4] Thus shalt thou say unto him, The Lord saith thus; Behold, that which I have built will I break down, and that which I have planted I will pluck up, even this whole land. [5] And seekest thou great things for thyself? seek them not: for, behold, I will bring evil upon all flesh, saith the Lord : but thy life will I give unto thee for a prey in all places whither thou goest.

Jeremiah 45:3-5 New International Version (NIV)
3 You said, ‘Woe to me! The Lord has added sorrow to my pain; I am worn out with groaning and find no rest.’ 4 But the Lord has told me to say to you, ‘This is what the Lord says: I will overthrow what I have built and uproot what I have planted, throughout the earth. 5 Should you then seek great things for yourself? Do not seek them. For I will bring disaster on all people, declares the Lord, but wherever you go I will let you escape with your life.’”

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In some religions they believe in ascended Masters. They believe those Masters will return to the earth and enter an avatar, meaning possessed human beings.

The avatars are humans that want to be possessed. They think they gain power through possession.

To them having a demon cast out is a huge loss.

Is not a fairytale, that is reality.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And demons are called "unclean spirits" and do not have flesh, but take possession of other creatures.

But they are not angels or humans.

Nor do they always take possession of other creatures. Sometimes they occupy statutes and other man-made objects or things in nature.

Revelation 16:13-16 New International Version (NIV)
13 Then I saw three impure spirits that looked like frogs; they came out of the mouth of the dragon, out of the mouth of the beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet. 14 They are demonic spirits that perform signs, and they go out to the kings of the whole world, to gather them for the battle on the great day of God Almighty.

The Dragon is the AOD statue of the AC Satan enters and brings to life.

The beast is the AC who I believe is possessed by the same demon that possessed Alexander the Great.

I think the false prophet is the Pope at the time of the AC, but not now.

Revelation 16:13-16 New International Version (NIV)
13 Then I saw three impure spirits that looked like frogs; they came out of the mouth of the dragon, out of the mouth of the beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet. 14 They are demonic spirits that perform signs, and they go out to the kings of the whole world, to gather them for the battle on the great day of God Almighty.

15 “Look, I come like a thief! Blessed is the one who stays awake and remains clothed, so as not to go naked and be shamefully exposed.”

16 Then they gathered the kings together to the place that in Hebrew is called Armageddon.

Revelation 13:14-16 New International Version (NIV)
14 Because of the signs it was given power to perform on behalf of the first beast, it deceived the inhabitants of the earth. It ordered them to set up an image in honor of the beast who was wounded by the sword and yet lived. 15 The second beast was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that the image could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed. 16 It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads,

Not true life, but Satan entering and animating and speaking through it.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And demons are called "unclean spirits"

In Mark 3:9-12 the word says: “And he spake to his disciples, that a small ship should wait on him because of the multitude, lest they should throng him. [10] For he had healed many; insomuch that they pressed upon him for to touch him, as many as had plagues.

[11] And unclean spirits, when they saw him, fell down before him, and cried, saying, Thou art the Son of God. [12] And he straitly charged them that they should not make him known.

“And the unclean spirits ...fell down before him, and cried Thou art the Son of God.” ... and he charged them they should not make him known.

Reactions: Enoch111

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@VictoryinJesus I'm not sure what you are saying here #34
But whenever it say 'they fell down before Him'...it means the person that the demon inhabited fell down in front of Him, because the demons know who He is, and fear Him.
They obviously 'cry out' through the mouth of the host person.
I have heard them many times..and I can tell you , the voices are not 'human' ...the voice of demons is different than the host that they live in's voice...so when delivering a person there is no confusion which is the person speaking and which in the intruder.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@VictoryinJesus I'm not sure what you are saying here #34
But whenever it say 'they fell down before Him'...it means the person that the demon inhabited fell down in front of Him, because the demons know who He is, and fear Him.
They obviously 'cry out' through the mouth of the host person.
I have heard them many times..and I can tell you , the voices are not 'human' ...the voice of demons is different than the host that they live in's voice...so when delivering a person there is no confusion which is the person speaking and which in the intruder.

That is what I was asking: who is the “they”. Mark 3:11
[11] And unclean spirits, when they saw him, fell down before him, and cried, saying, Thou art the Son of God.

Thank you for clarifying.

Reactions: Helen

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In Mark 3:9-12 the word says: “And he spake to his disciples, that a small ship should wait on him because of the multitude, lest they should throng him. [10] For he had healed many; insomuch that they pressed upon him for to touch him, as many as had plagues.

[11] And unclean spirits, when they saw him, fell down before him, and cried, saying, Thou art the Son of God. [12] And he straitly charged them that they should not make him known.

“And the unclean spirits ...fell down before him, and cried Thou art the Son of God.” ... and he charged them they should not make him known.
One of the most remarkable things we find in the New Testament is the awareness of who Christ is by demons, as well as their awareness of their ultimate destination in Hell.

While the enemies and detractors of Christ failed to acknowledge Him as the Son of God, every demon did so AND TREMBLED.

Which shows us that the spirit world is more aware of spiritual realities than the material world. And all spiritual deception and confusion arises first from the spirit world and then enters the human world through false teachers, false apostles, and false prophets, who are described by Paul as servants of Satan.

2 CORINTHIANS 11
3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him...
13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers [servants] also be transformed as the ministers [servants] of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Christians should be fully aware that any and every deviation from the true Gospel of Grace is a deception originating with Satan. And that Islam was specifically created by Satan to oppose Christ and the Christian Gospel.

Reactions: Helen

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Demons are the disembodied spirits of fallen angels.

Disembodied means say had flesh bodies at one time.The problem with that is Fallen Angels are spirits and always have been.

I believe demons did once have physical bodies. They are the spirits of the pre-Adamic company, not race, that sided with Satan in the war in heaven which resulted in making the earth shapeless and void.

Another problem is fallen Angels have been chained in the bottomless pit since the pre-Adamic war in heaven.

And finally, you get so many other things one you not credible. As in denying the Trinity.

Last edited: