What is a Liberal Christian?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have noticed there are one two or maybe three posts that indicate a lot of the problem is ignorance. I doubt if we need much evidence for that as too many people have this idea that the government will solve all their probems which they won't.

The answer to our problems is us. Until we deal with the sin nature we will have problems that cannot be solved by anyone. So that means Jesus is the answer so it is totally stupid to remove him from our lives. The world is making a good job of doing that and as a result we are blinded to the truth because only the truth will set us free and all truth comes via the Holy Spirit.

Wipe out the Holy Spirit and you wipe out the truth. That is the reason so many churches have chosen man's ways. They have ignored the ministry of the Holy Spirit. Without that all you have is what man thinks.

There is NO truth outside of God and his word. Remove that and all you have got is speculation and a me too attitude. And we all know where a me too attitude ends up.

ATM, the western world is riding on a wave of "I did it my way" believing that my way is the best way and we don't need God. Because they are convinced they don't need God they fail to see that society is crumbling around their ears. As my daughter says "It is what it is" so don't bother me with the details or reality. I will get as much as I can out of what there is and worry about tommorow tomorrow.

Thank God that is not my daughters philosophy as she is a very giving and caring daughter.

There is a theory that there is 10% on the left and 10% on the right and the majority are the 80% in the middle and that 80% will go with whoever is running the show, left or right. Putting their brain into gear is not high on the agenda. The left at the moment wants to destroy society and if they are not in government they do all they can to destroy the governments credibility with mealy mouthed words and trying to undermine their legitimacy due to the fact they do not have any legitimacy.

If they are in government, they set out to put in place an agenda that will destroy the country, believing it will be better for all us to be subject to the governments control. Biden's government will be a total disaster as already it is screwing up the immigration issue and he has been in power a month. At the end fo four years, batten down the hatches and prepare for the worse.

Unless of course the church wakes up to reality, gets on its knees, asks God for forgiveness for giving over the land to Satan because of their head in the sand attitude and "We will be all right mate."

Our country's future is in the hands of the church. Wake up or die.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We all have our opinions and ideas of what a liberal Christian stands for, I would like to hear it from the horses mouth so to speak.

Hopefully some will explain exactly what it means to be a liberal Christian, why you label yourself in that way. Maybe explain why you feel the need to place "liberal" into Christianity.

Not looking to condemn, just want to understand your perspective on the matter!

a liberal is a modernist wants yo update Christ and the apostles doctrine acts 2:42 to modern acceptance it’s really nothing more than apostasy

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have noticed there are one two or maybe three posts that indicate a lot of the problem is ignorance. I doubt if we need much evidence for that as too many people have this idea that the government will solve all their probems which they won't.

The answer to our problems is us. Until we deal with the sin nature we will have problems that cannot be solved by anyone. So that means Jesus is the answer so it is totally stupid to remove him from our lives. The world is making a good job of doing that and as a result we are blinded to the truth because only the truth will set us free and all truth comes via the Holy Spirit.

Wipe out the Holy Spirit and you wipe out the truth. That is the reason so many churches have chosen man's ways. They have ignored the ministry of the Holy Spirit. Without that all you have is what man thinks.

There is NO truth outside of God and his word. Remove that and all you have got is speculation and a me too attitude. And we all know where a me too attitude ends up.

ATM, the western world is riding on a wave of "I did it my way" believing that my way is the best way and we don't need God. Because they are convinced they don't need God they fail to see that society is crumbling around their ears. As my daughter says "It is what it is" so don't bother me with the details or reality. I will get as much as I can out of what there is and worry about tommorow tomorrow.

Thank God that is not my daughters philosophy as she is a very giving and caring daughter.

There is a theory that there is 10% on the left and 10% on the right and the majority are the 80% in the middle and that 80% will go with whoever is running the show, left or right. Putting their brain into gear is not high on the agenda. The left at the moment wants to destroy society and if they are not in government they do all they can to destroy the governments credibility with mealy mouthed words and trying to undermine their legitimacy due to the fact they do not have any legitimacy.

If they are in government, they set out to put in place an agenda that will destroy the country, believing it will be better for all us to be subject to the governments control. Biden's government will be a total disaster as already it is screwing up the immigration issue and he has been in power a month. At the end fo four years, batten down the hatches and prepare for the worse.

Unless of course the church wakes up to reality, gets on its knees, asks God for forgiveness for giving over the land to Satan because of their head in the sand attitude and "We will be all right mate."

Our country's future is in the hands of the church. Wake up or die.
Boy I hate that song, I did it my way !
A dedicated atheist mate had wanted that rubbish played for his funeral, I thought it in very poor form but it was so true of him.

I agree their is only a small amount like you say 10% that work to steer the ship of fools one way or the other. it only takes a small rudder to control a big ship.

I can't see any church denomination coming out totally dedicated for Christ Jesus. but in the end they will all be exposed by Christ Jesus.

Reactions: marksman

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am speaking for my country here, not America. The bible says to give a good account of what we believe. This came home to me whilst studying at the most left wing university in Australia. Since its opening, the Student Union has been controlled by communists and Trotskyites. I came along and within 18 months they lost control of it.

God gave me a strength of conviction that allowed me to take on all comers and defend the faith. It got to the stage where the opposition was afraid to debate me.

Today we need apologists who can take on the opposition and contend for the faith and to do that we need power, Holy Spirit power.

I remember one debate about homosexuality where I had coached the debaters on how to present their argument. I sat in the audience for the presentation. I became aware of a hissing sound behind me and when I looked round a female was hissing at our speaker.....just like a snake. That was because Satan was inside her hissing. Her tongue was hanging out like a snake.

I looked straight at her and commanded her to be quiet in the name of Jesus. I never heard another hiss from her.

We need power, we need boldness and we need the full armour of God. With those three we can take on all comers.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hissing ?
That takes me back say 20 years reading a book for my nipper, it was Sesame St book, were a audience booed and hissed, we laughed at the hiss thing and still do today, she still remembers such.

I don't think it's natural to hiss.
I have never heard anyone hiss, I thought it was a USA thing, but now you have come across it here.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sin all you want your whole life

This is what I do.I can never go to Hell for it either...

Yes, dear friends, I do what I “Want”....... God changed my “ Wants” .....It’s the Secret of Christianity......
It’s that “ Inside of the Cup” thing that Jesus spoke of......

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what I do.I can never go to Hell for it either...

Yes, dear friends, I do what I “Want”....... God changed my “ Wants” .....It’s the Secret of Christianity......
It’s that “ Inside of the Cup” thing that Jesus spoke of......

Maybe He did, maybe He did not change you. How would we know? What we do know is that you stand with those that say you can sin all you want and still go to heaven. How many souls will you have to answer for on Judgment Day? How many souls will believe the filth that you preach and end up in hell?

I tell people if they want to go to heaven, they should believe in Christ...do what He and the Apostles told them to do, Act 2:38, and follow His example...and beeee Gooood! Heaven is not for evildoers. I will have nothing to answer for on Judgement Day with those words of wit.