What is an Oracle?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
but part of the story about these kinds of (cult) oracles seems to have gotten lost, the part where they give you truth, but it is inevitably useless or impertinent to the seeker's purposes, being as how those are generally from impure desires.
part of the story of going to oracles for predictions/truth/(physical healing) is that the pure hearted are not affected by the doom that inevitably overtakes those who sought with an agenda, in the same party, even. Iow those who sought the oracle get burned, but those that were just along for the ride, hired hands or whatever, bit players, are or become privy to the real truth before the seeker does. Trying to find a good story for this now

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@bbyrd009 Well it's still all too confusing for me...I'll just have to stick with to oatmeal. The complicated is too far over my head.... :)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
@bbyrd009 Well it's still all too confusing for me...I'll just have to stick with to oatmeal. The complicated is too far over my head.... :)
oh c'mon, you can discern just fine when someone is forwarding their favorite facts as truth lol, whether you consider them false oracles or not, right. The point is that they consider themselves an oracle, exhibit all of the signs, oracles are never told anything, you can only ask an oracle questions, etc

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
oh c'mon, you can discern just fine when someone is forwarding their favorite facts as truth lol, whether you consider them false oracles or not, right. The point is that they consider themselves an oracle, exhibit all of the signs, oracles are never told anything, you can only ask an oracle questions, etc

Okay, give me a nutshell. "An oracle is_________"

Reactions: pia

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Okay, give me a nutshell. "An oracle is_________"
boy, i'm still trying to figure that out. My impression going into this was prolly about where yours is right now, and isn't much different yet lol! Stripped to the bare bones, i guess oracle means truth, but reading Balaam Numbers 23 Parallel Chapters you can't help but get the weirdest impression of Balaam, who is clearly stated as hearing what others cannot, and listening to a messenger of God, yet at the same time condemned for what, do you think? Why is Balaam condemned, in other vv later?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
"Oracle. There are numerous accounts of the Ark of the Covenant being used as an oracle where one could go before it and ask important questions of G-d. He would answer from the Ark because He literally dwelt in between the two cherubim. In some instances, the use of the Ark as an oracle is clear while in others it is not."

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country