What is Freedom?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will word my question differently... Are you suggesting that a human being can achieve sinlessness in this lifetime?

Addy ~ jumping in on your question.
Answer.. No.
Why... A person who Has (FREELY, by his OWN heartful choice) received Salvation, IS "Accounted" Saved.
(That "Accounting" is name entered INTO the Lambs Book of Life, not subject to Blotting out.)
IS "Promised" to be "RISEN", in his "own new un-corrupted Body."
IS "Given" Temorary refuge to live IN the Lords Risen Perfect "Body."
(THAT ^ is a human man's BODY, perfect-ed" IN Christ Jesus).
The Manifestation (ie. revealing / ie. Coming to pass) of a human mans BODY "made Perfect"...ie. SINLESS...occurs WHEN his OWN Body IS Raised up.
~
A man receiving The Lord Gods Offered Salvation...
IS a Promise, IS Accounted, Effects Individuals, IS Dividing, IS Preparation, IS for a Day of Separating the Divided, To Be Risen UP:
IN their OWN new everlasting Perfect Body, with their OWN everlasting Living soul, with their OWN everlasting spirit, upon a restored Earth, WITH their OWN Lord God Almighty, they CAN SEE.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Addy

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thoughts:

Rom 8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
Rom 8:19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
Rom 8:20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
Rom 8:21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

Hugs

I really liked those videos.
You have to see the macrocosm of politics but you also have to see the microcosms - your family and upbringing, your own workplace, etc. That’s when you can begin to see the microcosms are just smaller structures of the macrocosms, and once you see that, you see what you are dealing with is human nature.

Before I knew the first thing about politics, I knew the tyranny of family. There is always the control freak, even in microcosms. The one who everyone strives to please and never upset, the one who makes any and all arbitrary rules (geared toward their own comfort and sense of well-being) and then often doesn’t follow those rules themselves, because the rules are control mechanisms to make them feel better, stronger, powerful, less afraid - they aren’t made for the good of all. A lot of the time, they’re downright crazy and arbitrary.

It’s a hard thing to examine because it goes back into your childhood and those who…formed you as to guilt, shame, blame, anger, scapegoating. (Incidentally, you see all of these begin in Genesis from Adam up to Cain killing Abel.)
It’s so ingrained, and is mostly subconscious, that it’s a miracle anyone can ever start seeing it and struggling their way to emotional health.

It’s the useless way of life we inherited from our parents that the apostle speaks of. It’s a mostly subconscious living, in a repeating miserable cycle of shame guilt blame anger scapegoating (putting the blame for your bad emotions on someone else, it’s their fault you are feeling anger and rage).

And you have to accept that this is human nature and see how you yourself are human too. Then you move from acceptance into forgiveness and into more conscious, aware and understanding living.

Last edited:

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My utter shock is how the Christians have been behaving
When you consider what christians are not being taught in mainstream churches..
They are geared for the purpose of causing people to be judges and accusers.
The very thing we are told not to be.
People will beat a dead horse trying to prove they are right.
There comes a time when you have to know when to brush off your shoes and move on.
Some are either not able or are unwilling to hear.
The world is very loud.
I tend to internalize everything rather than point fingers outwardly.
I believe that each individual is here to learn the struggles and rewards of what we are being taught through living life itself.

I think the last 2 elections caught a lot of people off guard. I immediately took a stance on one side of the equation. I was caught off guard.
I try not to look at things like, you should or shouldn't do this or that. I try to look at things like, what should I or shouldn't I do concerning this or that?
It is always pointing the finger at myself. I can't control what others do or think or say.
And I would rather have a discussion on a topic than a personal mud slinging contest.
Nobody wins in the world of accusations. You don't learn anything by complaining.

I see the world heading in a downward spiral. I see those in power bringing more and more people under subjection and tyranny.
So I look to the Bible to see what is recommended for living under the rule of Babylon.
How should we conduct our own affairs.
The path of truth never changes but the terrain does.
Whether you live in the first century or the twenty first century, the christian path remains the same.
We are always living in the book of Acts. But modernization and technologies and new languages and intepretations change generation to generation. Those in authority come and go, some better than others at times. But that shouldn't change the path we are given to follow.
We get lazy, we forget, we get wooed into a kind of coma. And it's easy to stumble when school is not in session.

And we have come 2000 years with a lot of recesses and vacations.
The school bell is ringing and it's time to study.

I'm not surprised we act the way we do sometimes. We have been lulled into an age of idolatry.
I used to wonder how the children of Israel would always end up following other nations and other gods, when they had just been given liberty by the enemies around them. I can see it now. It's all around us. We are in it.
All we can do is spread the good news... You are Free.

That means different things to different people.
To me it means, I don't have to live according to the enslavement of Babylon even though I reside in it.
I am Free to live according to the Liberty which Christ gives me, to reside in Him, even though my physical being is in the world.

I am no longer a citizen of the world. I am simply a stranger and sojourner in the land.
This isn't something I understood fully right away. It's taken many years to come to this realization and seperation.
And everyday I understand it a little bit more.

:)
Hugs

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you consider what christians are not being taught in mainstream churches..
They are geared for the purpose of causing people to be judges and accusers.
The very thing we are told not to be.
People will beat a dead horse trying to prove they are right.
There comes a time when you have to know when to brush off your shoes and move on.
Some are either not able or are unwilling to hear.
The world is very loud.
I tend to internalize everything rather than point fingers outwardly.
I believe that each individual is here to learn the struggles and rewards of what we are being taught through living life itself.

I think the last 2 elections caught a lot of people off guard. I immediately took a stance on one side of the equation. I was caught off guard.
I try not to look at things like, you should or shouldn't do this or that. I try to look at things like, what should I or shouldn't I do concerning this or that?
It is always pointing the finger at myself. I can't control what others do or think or say.
And I would rather have a discussion on a topic than a personal mud slinging contest.
Nobody wins in the world of accusations. You don't learn anything by complaining.

I see the world heading in a downward spiral. I see those in power bringing more and more people under subjection and tyranny.
So I look to the Bible to see what is recommended for living under the rule of Babylon.
How should we conduct our own affairs.
The path of truth never changes but the terrain does.
Whether you live in the first century or the twenty first century, the christian path remains the same.
We are always living in the book of Acts. But modernization and technologies and new languages and intepretations change generation to generation. Those in authority come and go, some better than others at times. But that shouldn't change the path we are given to follow.
We get lazy, we forget, we get wooed into a kind of coma. And it's easy to stumble when school is not in session.

And we have come 2000 years with a lot of recesses and vacations.
The school bell is ringing and it's time to study.

I'm not surprised we act the way we do sometimes. We have been lulled into an age of idolatry.
I used to wonder how the children of Israel would always end up following other nations and other gods, when they had just been given liberty by the enemies around them. I can see it now. It's all around us. We are in it.
All we can do is spread the good news... You are Free.

That means different things to different people.
To me it means, I don't have to live according to the enslavement of Babylon even though I reside in it.
I am Free to live according to the Liberty which Christ gives me, to reside in Him, even though my physical being is in the world.

I am no longer a citizen of the world. I am simply a stranger and sojourner in the land.
This isn't something I understood fully right away. It's taken many years to come to this realization and seperation.
And everyday I understand it a little bit more.

Hugs

You will know the truth and the truth will set you free.

you are farther along than most people who operate mostly subconsciously. I would guess you are able to stop and think, hmmm…I’m mad. I’m experiencing anger. Yep, this is anger. I can even feel my heart rate increased.You can examine it without reacting explosively subconsciously. That would be my guess.

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You will know the truth and the truth will set you free.

you are farther along than most people who operate mostly subconsciously.
probably because I have a lot of spare time on my hands to contemplate.
The world is such a mad rush of go go, hurry hurry, buy this, sell that.. work work work..
not many have the time to look inwards.
And it's designed for that purpose. To keep you so busy and burdened, you can't see free..
Because once you see it the world loses it's power over you.
And it is fighting so hard to maintain that grip and authority.

Some people look at disablity as a curse..
I'm finding it an absolute blessing.

Hugs

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Ziggy.... you have written a very contemplative piece here... I have enjoyed reading your thoughts...
I think those of us who live as you and I do tend to think in a different and deeper way.

As for me... I have no interest in the world whatsoever... I don't care what the people say... I don't care what the government or powers that be think... say and/or do. My focus is on CHRIST... ( and I'm not saying I'm right )... This is simply how I have lived my life for a great many years.

Perhaps this is why I get so shocked at certain things. I rarely if ever like what I am seeing going on around me. LOL

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The world is such a mad rush of go go, hurry hurry, buy this, sell that.. work work work..
And it's designed for that purpose. To keep you so busy and burdened, you can't see free..

Hugs

Ah, yes. It’s like pharaoh trying to further burden the Israelites so they wouldn’t have time to think about going to worship their God or seek after Him. And it ties into one of the videos you posted about seeking to dominate people for the resources and labor they can give you.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ziggy.... you have written a very contemplative piece here... I have enjoyed reading your thoughts...
I think those of us who live as you and I do tend to think in a different and deeper way.

As for me... I have no interest in the world whatsoever... I don't care what the people say... I don't care what the government or powers that be think... say and/or do. My focus is on CHRIST... ( and I'm not saying I'm right )... This is simply how I have lived my life for a great many years.

Perhaps this is why I get so shocked at certain things. I rarely if ever like what I am seeing going on around me. LOL

New Living Translation
Yes, Lot was a righteous man who was tormented in his soul by the wickedness he saw and heard day after day

Reactions: amadeus and Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can examine it without reacting explosively subconsciously.
I'm getting better.. :)
I get frustrated, not so much angry.
And it's not about me.
My Mother in law will call and tell me she isn't being looked after as well as she should.
I can't be there to help, so I get frustrated with her son who is supposed to be looking after her.
My father changes his mind every other day, what I should or shouldn't be doing..
Like walking on ice, it gets slippery.
I don't get angry though, just confused.
My motto is.. what will be will be.
And no one knows what tomorrow may bring.

10 years ago I took everything personal. And I didn't think before I attacked.
I've had some time to think more.
Hugs

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm getting better.. :)
I get frustrated, not so much angry.
And it's not about me.
My Mother in law will call and tell me she isn't being looked after as well as she should.
I can't be there to help, so I get frustrated with her son who is supposed to be looking after her.
My father changes his mind every other day, what I should or shouldn't be doing..
My motto is.. what will be will be.
And no one knows what tomorrow may bring.

10 years ago I took everything personal. And I didn't think before I attacked.
I've had some time to think more.
Hugs

Ah, so she calls you, so you will get mad at her son, and hopefully call him to express her anger/frustration through you. It’s a repeated thing I’ve seen in my own family. Psychologists sometimes call this making “flying monkeys” for yourself.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Narcissism is a scale and we all fall somewhere on it, at least at times. What you describe here, every word in fact, is almost verbatim what adult children of parents with high narcissistic traits and strategies describe. It doesn’t mean he is a textbook narcissist or the worst of the worst, just that he is human and you might be helped by reading about tools that can help you deal with walking on that slippery ice where he changes his mind constantly about what you should or shouldn’t be doing.

Reading about narcissism can help you cope with human nature. You tube has a woman, Lisa A. Romano, who I recommend. But it’s not just family, it’s all people. It’s human nature. Some are just higher on the scale. But it helps to understand manipulation tactics and how to break free of them while also still forgiving and caring for the people in your life who employ them.

God gives us bits and pieces of help from the oddest places as He heals our wounds.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

Hugs
@Ziggy:

I remember the hymn:

"Take time to be holy,
The world rushes on..." (etc.)

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Both sides, left and right, need to come back

Justice for all, both big and small
Short and tall, for rich and for poor
We won't go away until we've had our say
It's the price that we'll pay for what we stand for

Freedom to speak what's on our minds
And to express what's in our hearts
To honor each other in all that we do
Justice for me...and justice for you! - Truman Coates

I watched a video today that falls right in line with your poem, Truman
Hugs

Freedom of Speech:
Truth to power:

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I tried to watch the video but I couldn't get past the 1:00 mark... I think the Catholic church has
way bigger problems than Joe Biden.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oh Addy, try.. try..
LOL.... sorry... but NOPE... I can't even walk on the property of a Catholic Church... which is a nuisance because some of those churches are pretty big... which means... I have to walk an extra block... LOL

I heard the first minute and all I could think of is YOU hypocrite... SORRY.... LOL

Reactions: Truman