What is Freedom?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said, the truth shall set you free. And the context is He frees us from sin, specifically the sin nature making us a new nature referred to as being born again. John 8:32-36; 1 John 3:5. We are no longer sinners, but children of God, the only ones going to heaven. Sinners will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Unfortunately, false teachers call Jesus a liar, and contradict Him saying we will always sin as long as we are in these bodies of flesh, a doctrine of demons. The topic of sin is what demons twist. Deceived teachers are convinced that the body is our nature when in fact it is our spirit and soul that becomes reborn and our bodies will do likewise at the resurrection.

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Unfortunately, false teachers call Jesus a liar, and contradict Him saying we will always sin as long as we are in these bodies of flesh, a doctrine of demons. The topic of sin is what demons twist. They are convinced that the body is our nature when in fact it is our spirit and soul that becomes reborn and our bodies will do likewise at the resurrection.
Are you referring to sinless perfection here??

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you referring to sinless perfection here??

Sinless and perfection are two different accomplishments of the Spirit.

Jesus cleanses us from sin and gives us the indwelling sinless Spirit of Christ to walk in. He also give us the fruit of the Spirit. It is the maturing of the fruit that takes longer leading to perfection. 2 Peter 1:2-11 Study this important group of verses. In fact, memorize it.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I will word my question differently... Are you suggesting that a human being can achieve sinlessness in this lifetime?

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Addy

What you need to know about sin is how God sees sin. He classifies sin in two categories 1 John 5:16-17; Numbers 15:22-29, 30-36

1 John 3:4 are sins unto death. These are what Jesus immediately frees us from when we are filled with His Spirit - IF we have truly repented and are then given the Spirit. I didn't receive the Spirit for the first 30 years of calling myself a Christian! What a difference the Spirit makes. The immaturity of fruit causes us to commit trespasses unwittingly, but as we forgive one another while walking in the Spirit, are own trespasses are automatically forgiven. 1 John 1:7 bringing our balance sheet to zero again.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Freedom:

The Bill of Rights, which was introduced to Congress in 1789 and adopted on December 15, 1791, includes the first ten amendments to the U.S. Constitution.

First Amendment Text
The First Amendment text reads:

“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”

Act 5:19 But the angel of the Lord by night opened the prison doors, and brought them forth, and said,
Act 5:20 Go, stand and speak in the temple to the people all the words of this life.
Act 5:21 And when they heard that, they entered into the temple early in the morning, and taught. But the high priest came, and they that were with him, and called the council together, and all the senate of the children of Israel, and sent to the prison to have them brought.

Act 5:25 Then came one and told them, saying, Behold, the men whom ye put in prison are standing in the temple, and teaching the people.

Act 5:27 And when they had brought them, they set them before the council: and the high priest asked them,
Act 5:28 Saying, Did not we straitly command you that ye should not teach in this name? and, behold, ye have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine, and intend to bring this man's blood upon us.
Act 5:29 Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.

Act 5:38 And now I say unto you, Refrain from these men, and let them alone: for if this counsel or this work be of men, it will come to nought:
Act 5:39 But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God.
Act 5:40 And to him they agreed: and when they had called the apostles, and beaten them, they commanded that they should not speak in the name of Jesus, and let them go.
Act 5:41 And they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for his name.
Act 5:42 And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ.

“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What you need to know about sin is how God sees sin. He classifies sin in two categories 1 John 5:16-17; Numbers 15:22-29, 30-36

1 John 3:4 are sins unto death. These are what Jesus immediately frees us from when we are filled with His Spirit - IF we have truly repented and are then given the Spirit. I didn't receive the Spirit for the first 30 years of calling myself a Christian! What a difference the Spirit makes. The immaturity of fruit causes us to commit trespasses unwittingly, but as we forgive one another while walking in the Spirit, are own trespasses are automatically forgiven. 1 John 1:7 bringing our balance sheet to zero.
Please note that I do not let ANYONE on these forums "TEACH" me... You are claiming something that is heretical... but that does not surprise me... it's every where in these forums.... BLESS you... Don't want to argue with you... but I also am picky about who I converse with these days.
My patience and tolerance is very low when it comes to BAD DOCTRINE.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please note that I do not let ANYONE on these forums "TEACH" me... You are claiming something that is heretical... but that does not surprise me... it's every where in these forums.... BLESS you... Don't want to argue with you... but I also am picky about who I converse with these days.
My patience and tolerance is very low when it comes to BAD DOCTRINE.

How can it be heretical when Jesus taught it? It is the Truth that sets us free, not doctrines of demons. Jesus said of those first teachings out of the Reformation, "you have a name that you are alive, but you are dead." Think about that. Dead doctrines are what causes eternal death.

But I don't let man teach me either; that is why I take the teachings of church fathers with a grain of salt. Give me the Bible and the indwelling Holy Spirit to teach me His word any day. But I certainly wouldn't take the teaching from a murderer as knowing the Word of God from the Spirit.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How can it be heretical when Jesus taught it? It is the Truth that sets us free, not doctrines of demons. Jesus said of those first teachings out of the Reformation, "you have a name that you are alive, but you are dead." Think about that. Dead doctrines are what causes eternal death.

But I don't let man teach me either; that is why I take the teachings of church fathers with a grain of salt. Give me the Bible and the indwelling Holy Spirit to teach me His word any day. But I certainly wouldn't take the teaching from a murderer as knowing the Word of God from the Spirit.
Sorry but like I just expressed... I have not read what you have posted... Please don't waste your words.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psa 51:12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.

Politically speaking... FREEDOM.. what is it?
Thank You

The Declaration of Independence
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

This is a covenant made amongst the inhabitants of this country.
These truths are being trodden on by a government that will not listen to the covenant that was made.

There is a price that will be paid by those who tread on these truths.

Hugs

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Politically speaking... FREEDOM.. what is it?
I think it is a myth that far too many people have believed... FREEDOM for Christians has nothing to do with what is happening in the world.. It never has... but NOW we are feeling the pinch of that reality. My little opinion... Christian FREEDOM comes with following Christ... There is no other freedom out there. I think people are just now beginning to wake up to this truth.

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it is a myth that far too many people have believed... FREEDOM for Christians has nothing to do with what is happening in the world.. It never has... but NOW we are feeling the pinch of that reality. My little opinion... Christian FREEDOM comes with following Christ... There is no other freedom out there. I think people are just now beginning to wake up to this truth.
Hello Addy,
I'm using this thread to ....
draw a parallel between the carnal and the spirtual realities of becoming enslaved to a system which has power over both,
and how to step outside the grip that the world has on our minds.
In order to understand the danger one must face it and see what it is and how it effects us physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
I understand spiritual freedom. I also understand we live in a very carnal world. And it can draw you in with subtilty.

You and I, because we live "outside" the hustle and bustle of the world, are probably more in tune to seeing how this "beast" and it's deceptions can control the masses, even the whole world under it's authority.

How to live a free life in Christ, while also living in a world dominated by the spirit of disobedience.
How this spirit moves among and has it's way with "unsuspecting" people.
What the world calls free is truly slavery to the system.
How to come out from the babylon system, one must first understand what it is, what it looks like, how it operates.
This is a "study" I'm working on for my own benefit as well as others who would like to participate.
It's not a Left or Right, political argument. It's not a, whose country is run better or worse argument.
It's not about christianity in name only.
But how to be a christian while living in the bowels of hell. How to be free in an enslaved world.

Freedom vs. Bondage... of the mind.
Hugs

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I hope you get the participation that you are looking for... Always nice to see you @Ziggy .

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hope you get the participation that you are looking for... Always nice to see you @Ziggy .
It's been interesting so far.. o_O

I guess I'm not very good at articulating the purpose I began this thread.
I watch a lot of videos, people arguing about this jab or that mask, or these rights or those propaganda's..
the division is incredible.
And yet this division is on purpose. It is intended to keep people attacking each other concerning this side or that side of any and all issues.
Even those with religious or spiritual values get sucked into them like a tornado, and all the opinions thrust out in all directions.

The first video I posted in the OP made me ask myself, How does one live in the vortex and yet stay above it and not be consumed by it.
What does it mean to be free?
And the thread has taken many twists and turns, and I'm trying to maintain the rudder.. LOL

We are in the midst of spiritual warfare. And I guess I'm checking out the enemies strategies, to understand how to use the shield when the arrows come flying.

Eph 6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Hugs

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And yet this division is on purpose. It is intended to keep people attacking each other concerning this side or that side of any and all issues.
And for me... this is not any different than I expected in the UNBELIEVING world... Those who do not know Christ... are expected to react as the world has been reacting... NO surprise...
My utter shock is how the Christians have been behaving... I truly noticed this during the last US election... and it just snowballed right into covid.
I can't tell the difference between the secular world and some of the contributors on these forums...
I understand that not many if any live the kind of life that I have for YEARS... I am labelled so many nasty things... YET what I see from where I sit is so different... and I think you made that comment earlier... I think it's because I am watching from the outside in. I have not allowed media or other's opinons MOVE me. My untrusting spirit has served me well.