What is Grace of God For?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Need for what help?

For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Help to be tempted without sinning, like Jesus as a man: to endure and overcome temptation, not be enticed by it and sin.

And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.

And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

The thorn in all mortal flesh is temptation to sin, the feeling of our infirmity, which Jesus likewise felt, but overcame in all points, and so by grace is able to help us do the same as He.

Grace of God is needed by all men for help to endure temptation and overcome sinning in the flesh.

Those who endure with mortal flesh unto the end, will receive immortal spiritual bodies, where there is no more temptation to sin at all, and no more need of grace of God.

Reactions: Earburner

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is Grace of God For?
OP ^

In the big picture...
For the conundrum of manKIND...
...man who through no Choice of his own, IS naturally born IN SIN, ie naturally BORN AGAINST GOD.

For the REMEDY of manKINDS conundrum by no Choice of his own, BEING naturally born AGAINST GOD.

By, through, of Gods GRACE, a natural born man, by no Choice of his own, IS naturally born AGAINST God.

By, through, of Gods GRACE, a natural born man, by no Choice of his own, naturally born AGAINST God......
CAN individually by his own freewill choosing...CHOOSE to BE “WITH” God, by, through, of THE POWER of God.

And what EXACTLY does Gods Offering of HIS GRACE TO a man naturally born Against God....GAIN for God Himself?

Every man naturally born Against God, AND individually freely Choosing to ACCEPT Gods Grace, Become MADE WHOLE, by Gods POWER....”WHAT”?

They become, “Gods Inheritance” !

Reactions: Earburner

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Need for what help?

For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Help to be tempted without sinning, like Jesus as a man: to endure and overcome temptation, not be enticed by it and sin.

And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

The thorn in all mortal flesh is temptation to sin, the feeling of our infirmity, which Jesus likewise felt, but overcame in all points, and so by grace is able to help us do the same as He.

Grace of God is needed by all men for help to endure temptation and overcome sinning in the flesh.

Those who endure with mortal flesh unto the end, will receive immortal spiritual bodies, where there is no more temptation to sin at all, and no more need of grace of God.
2Cor.12[7] And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

Strong's Number - G2852
"Buffet"
Greek: κολαφίζω
Transliteration: kolaphizō
Pronunciation: kol-af-id'-zo
Definition: From a derivative of the base of G2849; to rap with the fist: - buffet.
KJV Usage: buffet (5x).
Occurs: 5
In verses: 5

Strong's Number - G3811
"Chastise"
Greek: παιδεύω
Transliteration: paideuō
Pronunciation: pahee-dyoo'-o
Definition: From G3816; to train up a child, that is educate or (by implication) discipline (by punishment): - chasten (-ise) instruct learn teach.
KJV Usage: chasten (6x), chastise (2x), learn (2x), teach (2x), instruct (1x).
Occurs: 15
In verses: 13

Hebrews 12:1-29
[6] For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
[7] If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
[8] But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul spells out what grace is and does below.

Ephesians 2:5
made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in our trespasses. It is by grace you have been saved!

Ephesians 2:8-10
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Romans 3:24
and are justified freely by His grace
through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Need for what help?

Without God's power and forgiveness, we'd be in trouble.