What's the reason Jesus is 'immortal' and men 'mortals' ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are either confused,or your account is being used by someone else on occasion and you are not aware of what they post.

You said:
(link to post is below)
"Even the JW bible CLEARLY says Jesus is God!"
But JW's don't believe any bible, not even their own NWT.

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
Jesus is,was,God. That is immortal.
Nevertheless, He truly had a human flesh and blood.
We are not God.
That's your own testimony, but this is what your God said, 'Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your Law, I said, Ye are gods? If HE called them gods, unto whom the word of GOD came, and the scripture cannot be broken; ................................" '

Aren't we supposedly born again in the image of GOD through Christ?

To possess the title of god as a man made in His image, is to be the lowest of all brethren and be the servant of all, period

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because Jesus was the Word of God and was in the beginning, with God, and is God by virtue of Yahavah speaking - which his Word was able to create. Yahavah sent his Word, which became flesh, named Jesus, and Immanuel (God with us), Jesus as a man was not immortal, but what one sees is that Jesus died, and then goes on to hell, and then is risen again by the Holy Spirit of God. His soul within was immortal, pure, but the flesh was still just as real as ours with its temptations within our own soul. That flesh though Jesus gave up and died, and the Christ in him left. And that Flesh became the sacrifice for all sins due to the pureness of unstained blood which never sinned, fulfilling the Law of Moses and the covenant made with Israel, which in turn is done away with in turn for the new covenant which is now by the spirit.

The reason is because of being the Word of God, and the Word of God can’t die. The flesh did, and the flesh of Jesus was risen, but this was in part for those whom believed him, saw him, and the 500 witnesses who see him ascend are promised to see him return again within that age, coming back to get the bride of Christ, and do away with Satan, Death, Hell.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nevertheless, He truly had a human flesh and blood.

That's your own testimony, but this is what your God said, 'Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your Law, I said, Ye are gods? If HE called them gods, unto whom the word of GOD came, and the scripture cannot be broken; ................................" '

Aren't we supposedly born again in the image of GOD through Christ?

To possess the title of god as a man made in His image, is to be the lowest of all brethren and be the servant of all, period
I don't see the John 10 verse as calling us deities. See, Psalm 82:6.

We are God's, we are his.

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
He put his life in the hands of the Father, and had faith He would resurrect Him, just as we must do.
That's just one part of the testimony.

For it is also written, 'Therefore doth My FATHER love Me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. No man taketh it from Me, but I lay it down Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of My FATHER.'

Reactions: MatthewG

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because Jesus was the Word of God and was in the beginning, with God, and is God by virtue of Yahavah speaking - which his Word was able to create. Yahavah sent his Word, which became flesh, named Jesus, and Immanuel (God with us), Jesus as a man was not immortal, but what one sees is that Jesus died, and then goes on to hell, and then is risen again by the Holy Spirit of God. His soul within was immortal, pure, but the flesh was still just as real as ours with its temptations within our own soul. That flesh though Jesus gave up and died, and the Christ in him left. And that Flesh became the sacrifice for all sins due to the pureness of unstained blood which never sinned, fulfilling the Law of Moses and the covenant made with Israel, which in turn is done away with in turn for the new covenant which is now by the spirit.

The reason is because of being the Word of God, and the Word of God can’t die. The flesh did, and the flesh of Jesus was risen, but this was in part for those whom believed him, saw him, and the 500 witnesses who see him ascend are promised to see him return again within that age, coming back to get the bride of Christ, and do away with Satan, Death, Hell.
NO YAHAVAH in the Bible Matt! Pay attention! Why do you continuously attack our Christian Bible?

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
I don't see the John 10 verse as calling us deities. See, Psalm 82:6.

We are God's, we are his.
The context is, 'To whom the word of GOD came, namely they are gods.'

Again, gods meaning, made in HIS image through Christ the Head of the church.

And, likewise disciple in HIS every word that proceeded out of HIS mouth.

Next, for every good works, ought to be the lowest of all brethren and the servant of all, qualifies the godhood.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Col 1 By Jesus all things were created!

Jesus is God the Creator!

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The context is, 'To whom the word of GOD came, namely they are gods.'

Again, gods meaning, made in HIS image through Christ the Head of the church.

And, likewise disciple in HIS every word that proceeded out of HIS mouth.

Next, for every good works, ought to be the lowest of all brethren and the servant of all, qualifies the godhood.
They are God's Elect.