What is meant by Christ coming to "each in his own order."

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But Revelation 20:4-6 confirms the first resurrection, the resurrection of the just, those that perish in Christ, Cleansed by His blood.
No, it only presents that term for it.

It would have to be presented elsewhere first for that verse to confirm it. There is also no confirmation anywhere else in scripture for the term First Resurrection found in that passage in Rev. I don't know why that's the case, but it is. The only thing I can chalk it up to is either bad translation or the heavily symbolic nature of Revelation.

The very first verse of the Book declares that Jesus has signified the entire message of Revelation. Revelation 1:1 That means signs and symbols. The KJV intro reads "... Revelation centers around visions and symbols ...".

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, it only presents that term for it.

It would have to be presented elsewhere first for that verse to confirm it. There is also no confirmation anywhere else in scripture for the term First Resurrection found in that passage in Rev. I don't know why that's the case, but it is. The only thing I can chalk it up to is either bad translation or the heavily symbolic nature of Revelation.

The very first verse of the Book declares that Jesus has signified the entire message of Revelation. Revelation 1:1 That means signs and symbols. The KJV intro reads "... Revelation centers around visions and symbols ...".
It was presented in first Thessalonians, but the absence of repetition doesn't invalidate the word of God. The Lord frequently repeats Himself because we are by our fallen nature, a sinful and rebellious people. This doctrine isn't essential to salvation, but only reveals a bravery of spirit or a cowardice of heart. Cowardice isn't approved by God and reveals an imperfection in our sanctification. Love casts out fear and those who still fear death have not been perfected in love.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was presented in first Thessalonians, ...
Can you tell me the verse so I can study this concept?
... the absence of repetition doesn't invalidate the word of God.
No, it doesn't, but it does make it impossible to formulate a doctrine. We cannot establish a doctrine based on a single word, verse or passage that stands all alone in scripture. A loner verse or passage is open to all manner of dismissal by the possibility of bad translation, using incorrect, or out of date, verbiage, or simply misunderstanding the original texts. Multiple locations within scripture, or God's repetition, are a built-in fail-safe by God to establish a doctrine as legitimate.
The Lord frequently repeats Himself because we are by our fallen nature, a sinful and rebellious people.
No, He repeats Himself to establish the legitimacy of a doctrine in scripture.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you tell me the verse so I can study this concept? No, it doesn't, but it does make it impossible to formulate a doctrine. We cannot establish a doctrine based on a single word, verse or passage that stands all alone in scripture. A loner verse or passage is open to all manner of dismissal by the possibility of bad translation, using incorrect, or out of date, verbiage, or simply misunderstanding the original texts. Multiple locations within scripture, or God's repetition, are a built-in fail-safe by God to establish a doctrine as legitimate.No, He repeats Himself to establish the legitimacy of a doctrine in scripture.
Paul devoted an entire passage to the first resurrection in chapter 4 of 1 Thessalonians. 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18.
Please do study it in context. Examine the subject as described in the first sentences. Follow simple grammatical rules, and ignore the strong delusion introduced by cultists.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul devoted an entire passage to the first resurrection in chapter 4 of 1 Thessalonians. 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18.
Please do study it in context. Examine the subject as described in the first sentences. Follow simple grammatical rules, and ignore the strong delusion introduced by cultists.
That's the resurrection, Michael. The only one.

And cultists create doctrines out of single verses and passages, or out of none at all.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's the resurrection, Michael. The only one.

And cultists create doctrines out of single verses and passages, or out of none at all.
Your argument is with God. He inspired the scripture that you reject. Good luck with that. There is no, (zero) verses that teach a pre-tribulation rapture. Not one.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's only one resurrection.
John 5:24 KJV
[24] Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what is called heresy. Good luck with that.
See you at the judgment. ;)
Actually, heresy is when somebody is claiming a doctrine that can't be found in scripture.

Any chance you've located that Second Resurrection verse yet?

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, heresy is when somebody is claiming a doctrine that can't be found in scripture.

Any chance you've located that Second Resurrection verse yet?
I gave you the verse already. I'm not responsible for your reading comprehension or your delusions.

5 But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished Revelation 20:5