What Is My Faith

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is your faith. All human beings will have to come to read their bible looking for help. The bible is a creation of God for a human being created in his image and likeness - to read about what it was he had intended for the human being. If you ever need help out of your life situation your will eventually have to turn to scripture to find out what it is God had intended for a human being. The reason for creation!

So we can come to a conclusion of; what is your faith. What is my faith! We must ask those questions to move on in God. What was purposed in him before he decided to create anything. It will be the only thing that will fit the creation of the human being. My faith in something will turn out to be my faith. Me getting something to try to fit my creation. Abel did, Noah did, Abraham did, Sarah did, and all those of our faith chapter did something to get what would fit their creation. They all died in faith not receiving the promises of God. But by faith they could see afar off. Our day! They knew the reason for creation, and imbraced them - and confessed them - not knowing our day! What is your faith.

4 By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.
5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.
8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

11 Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised.

13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. - Hebrews 11:4,5,7,8,11,13.

Happy Trails

Feb 6, 2022
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It should be noted that none of these examples say anything about what a person thought, but, rather what they did.

Turning the noun "faith" into an adjective, we get "faithful." The word these people would have known means "steadfast."

Abel offered. Enoch pleased. Noah prepared. Abraham went. Sara gave birth.

Sara judged YHVH as faithful.

All these people did something based on what they believed. The "doing something" is faith.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It should be noted that none of these examples say anything about what a person thought, but, rather what they did.

Turning the noun "faith" into an adjective, we get "faithful." The word these people would have known means "steadfast."

Abel offered. Enoch pleased. Noah prepared. Abraham went. Sara gave birth.

Sara judged YHVH as faithful.

All these people did something based on what they believed. The "doing something" is faith.

We live by a different faith.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does that mean?

First look at the death in Christ, our death in Christ. Crucified in Christ. That can determine how we live. Is it my life or is it Christ. We start there. Such as Gal. 2:20.. what does that mean to me. That will be how any believer lives - do we see him in me or just a me doing what I need to do now I'm a christian - such as get more anything. Like get more of God or faith for instance. You can't get any more than you recieved the moment you believed, because you got him, Christ in you. Him who is our life. We can know more or understand more.. but not get more.. not in our spirit. If you remember in like the 90's, it was popular saying in christianity to say 'a dead man can do nothing.' The Romans road - chapters 5, 6, 7, 8. Point is there was a lot of truth in that.

Happy Trails

Feb 6, 2022
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First look at the death in Christ, our death in Christ. Crucified in Christ. That can determine how we live. Is it my life or is it Christ. We start there. Such as Gal. 2:20.. what does that mean to me. That will be how any believer lives - do we see him in me or just a me doing what I need to do now I'm a christian - such as get more anything. Like get more of God or faith for instance. You can't get any more than you recieved the moment you believed, because you got him, Christ in you. Him who is our life. We can know more or understand more.. but not get more.. not in our spirit. If you remember in like the 90's, it was popular saying in christianity to say 'a dead man can do nothing.' The Romans road - chapters 5, 6, 7, 8. Point is there was a lot of truth in that.

That didn't answer my question. The examples you offered were 5 people who demonstrated their faith by doing something. What they did was evidence they believed what they were told. Their faith was demonstrated in action they took. That action was something that anyone could objectively witness. That is the working definition of faith throughout the Bible. That is what I pointed out as the single unifying feature of all the examples. So, how is your faith different? Is your faith not based in action?

Twice you mentioned "how a person lives." OK. How does a person live that shows faith in Jesus?

The existence of faith is the existence of action.

What lifestyle demonstrates faith in Jesus?
How does the death of Jesus affect your behavior?
What things does one do that show any effect from the death of Jesus?
How is it "different?"

The Romans road is full of action.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That didn't answer my question. The examples you offered were 5 people who demonstrated their faith by doing something. What they did was evidence they believed what they were told. Their faith was demonstrated in action they took. That action was something that anyone could objectively witness. That is the working definition of faith throughout the Bible. That is what I pointed out as the single unifying feature of all the examples. So, how is your faith different? Is your faith not based in action?

Twice you mentioned "how a person lives." OK. How does a person live that shows faith in Jesus?

The existence of faith is the existence of action.

What lifestyle demonstrates faith in Jesus?
How does the death of Jesus affect your behavior?
What things does one do that show any effect from the death of Jesus?
How is it "different?"

The Romans road is full of action.

He is your life!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is your faith. All human beings will have to come to read their bible looking for help. The bible is a creation of God for a human being created in his image and likeness - to read about what it was he had intended for the human being. If you ever need help out of your life situation your will eventually have to turn to scripture to find out what it is God had intended for a human being. The reason for creation!

So we can come to a conclusion of; what is your faith. What is my faith! We must ask those questions to move on in God. What was purposed in him before he decided to create anything. It will be the only thing that will fit the creation of the human being. My faith in something will turn out to be my faith. Me getting something to try to fit my creation. Abel did, Noah did, Abraham did, Sarah did, and all those of our faith chapter did something to get what would fit their creation. They all died in faith not receiving the promises of God. But by faith they could see afar off. Our day! They knew the reason for creation, and imbraced them - and confessed them - not knowing our day! What is your faith.

4 By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.
5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.
8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

11 Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised.

13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. - Hebrews 11:4,5,7,8,11,13.

Hopefully the right faith Mike.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the right faith?

Great question Michael. You and I will agree that the right faith is God's people. We would likely agree that God leaves no one in the cold, so He identifies the path in His word. So let us let the Bible identify the faith.

Obviously the biggest identifier is the God worshipped, correct? So would you agree with Jesus words that the people of God would worship and love Jehovah exclusively sir?
(Matthew 4:10) . . .it is written: ‘It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.’”
(Matthew 22:37, 38) . . .“‘You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind.’ 38 This is the greatest and first commandment.

Do you agree that those of the true faith would worship Jehovah exclusively Mike?