What is Mystery Babylon?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The church is for special people, that can do anything they want?
Did not say that. Discern that the Spiritual Body of Christ, those who have been washed by His blood, born again, are the Church. Sin has been forgiven. He predestined us, called us, justified us, gave us the gift of eternal life and will glorify us.
It seems you are obsessed with sin that has been forgiven, as if the sin you see in anyone nullifies His work and the work of the Holy Spirit.
Do you know what sanctification means?
So then if Babylon is not the bondage the churches are in...then why are people enjoined to "come out of her My people lest you also partake of her plagues?" (bet you didn't think that far)
"For all the nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth have become rich through the abundance of her luxury.”
4 And I heard another voice from heaven saying, “Come out of her, my people, lest you share in her sins, and lest you receive of her plagues. Rev. 18:3-4

We are not "of this world", but we have lived in it
. It is a call to come out.
Jesus returns and calls His Church home, out of the world. He separates the sheep from the goats. There are several references in Revelation of this calling, being taken out of the world, the rapture.
Not man's church. Not what men claim to be church. Having a sign up front of a building that says "church" does not make a place holy. Quite the opposite. It becomes a place of harlotry.
Again the Church is not a building, any particular denomination, Christians are found in all denominations - with some exceptions: false churches leading people away from Christ, dead churches as we've seen existed in the first century.
Smyrna, the persecuted church had some who were of the synagogue of Satan, whom Satan would take. Notice some in this church were evil tares/ goats, but the rest were His sheep.
Pergamos was where Satan dwelt, they had all sorts of sin, false teaching of the Nicolaotans, eating food sacrificed to idols, yet there must have been a few in that church to he saved. Jesus told them to repent. So as corrupt a church may seem, there may be some redeemable souls.
Thyatira had a Jezebel "prophetess" who sexually seduced men. The Lord cut her off and her children and warned the rest to stay on the path.
Sardis was a dead church, yet there were a few souls in it. God is merciful!
The Laodiceans were lukewarm and God was ready to vomit them out, but there were some souls in there that would receive His warning to repent.

Churches today are no different. The ones I attended were like Philadelphia, the "faithful church" and many that I have seen are like that. The Holy Spirit grows those churches. Where there's no growth, a stagnant or worse, dead church, one has to question why and get out of it.

You are not understanding spiritual equivalents. Are you saying you met Babylon in a bar one night?
Well, to you, no one understands who differs with you.
Babylon's seeds were spread throughout the world, which is why Christ will return to destroy the sinful world.
I was part of it for 35 years, then I was called and I heard his voice and came out of the world.
BTW, in my 20's I worked as a musician/ singer in bars six nights week. God took me out of that environment and gave me a different occupation, plus I was on the road a lot and had a child, who changed everything. I quit for her.

You seem to always speak against the Body of Christ which exists within all Christiandom, most denominations: Catholic, Protestant or non- denominational. Yet I guess yours, " the unique Binatarian Sect" is sacred, "the ones who are the "higher walkers", so sacred it doesn't have a name, a building called " ______ Christian Church". No, it is segregated, isolated in your own home, your podcast with a few followers. The mystery to me is why you pursue this path, going against the Body?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ziggy and O'Darby

O'Darby

Feb 17, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't mind the bluster from that one. It's just grandstanding.
Just an observation, @Episkopos: On the first video of yours that you steered me to, I was favorably struck by what seemed to be a gentle and humble tone. What comes through in many of your posts (to me, anyway) is an arrogant, "my way or the highway" tone that seems to me to greatly undercut the points you are trying to make.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just an observation, @Episkopos: On the first video of yours that you steered me to, I was favorably struck by what seemed to be a gentle and humble tone. What comes through in many of your posts (to me, anyway) is an arrogant, "my way or the highway" tone that seems to me to greatly undercut the points you are trying to make.
I have seen and by grace have i seen that it is the so called inclusive judge not lovey do generation
that sure seems to often be the most hostile towards certain truths in scripture .
They can appear very kind , very gentle , almost loving indeed unto all
but when or if scriptures of truth appear which exposes their doctrine , LOOK out , TEETH will be a coming .
I mean you go to and behold the churches themselves who have been under this inclusive diversity spell the longest .
You will see they appear very kind to certain beliefs , namely the belief that one does not have to necessarily believe on Christ
as they embrace other religions , and even certain sins .
But bring a bible in amongst that camp which exposes the lie and says YE MUST ABSOLUTELY believe on JESUS CHRIST
and thus exposes all other religoins as a lie
and bring in doctrine which exposes certain sins . THEY WONT BE HUGGING YOU as they do the muslim , the buddist
or the rainbow ..................THIS LOVE spell has led many right into the acceptance and love of a lie and of certain sins
and very hard hearted agianst the GOD who INSPIRED the bible which does expose the sins and lies of the peoples .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL, that is mild compared to what I have been called many times before. It's all in the family....
Believe me its almost like love langauge compared to what i myself have been called .
This world will not love those who bring truth that exposes the lie
It will not love those or any who brings the LIGHT of the WORD which does expose the darkness of their own precpets and errors .
And worse most every wicked and vile name i have been called has often come from those trapped
within what is known as christendom and yet they sit under men who have led them astray .
It be bible time in the house . For if a man being trained to be a wise house builder
is reading books that teach him how to build such a house and yet those books
are giving instructions that add in untempered morter , beleive me no matter how high or large the house
they build appears , ITS COMING DOWN at the first strong wind of the STORM .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think it just seems like that due to the standard of the high calling that I'm writing about. I just don't compromise on that standard...which is in holiness. I also champion a lower walk in meekness and brokenness...which God shows mercy to. We rich spoiled Westerners don't have a good background to be dealing with God on any level. We are too proud and arrogant for the lower walk...and fully incapable of the selflessness of the higher walk. That's the truth of it. It takes a mighty repentant attitude to break free of this.

God is holy...and it just so happens that the call to salvation by grace is in holiness. Will we separate the benefits of God from His holiness? Many will be rejected from the kingdom due to a lack of fear.

Of myself...I'm a super easy going person. But the message is hard.

Remember when people complained about Paul being so hard sounding in his letters and yet was so meek in person.

For his letters, say they, are weighty and powerful; but his bodily presence is weak, and his speech contemptible. 2 Cor. 10:10

I'm not Paul, although I may be weak and contemptible in speech...but my message is heavy and is crucial to an acceptance by a holy God. So I warn people. :)

Peace

Phil .

Nov 1, 2022
Midwest.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we have largely opted for an artificial religious order based on creeds and algorithms in a bid for conformity rather than true unity.
I disagree. It seems, as it were, we listen to someone & engage, rather than allowing the truth of a calm, silent, peaceful mind.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IF your message truly was crucial to an acceptance by a HOLY GOD
it would never have left off the preaching of the one true gospel of believe YE in JESUS CHRIST
Yet inclusivism does just that .
Thus your message is NOT APPROVED of THE HOLY ONE and ONLY GOD .
To not believe the testimony that GOD gave of HIS OWN SON means only one thing , THEY CALL GOD A LIAR .
TO deny JESUS IS THE CHRIST means , HE who does so is ANTI CHRIST . but inclusvisim sure negates that fact .
Things are not looking good at all as many now embrace this socially engineered gospel so called
On the DAY of the LORD many will surely wail as they realize OH DEAR JESUS CHRIST was not the ONE
behind this social inclusive gospel . FOR HE WILL DESTROY that tower and all who built in it and loved its lie of a very broad
inclusive road to GOD . That road ends in PERDITOIN .

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think it just seems like that due to the standard of the high calling that I'm writing about. I just don't compromise on that standard...which is in holiness. I also champion a lower walk in meekness and brokenness...which God shows mercy to. We rich spoiled Westerners don't have a good background to be dealing with God on any level. We are too proud and arrogant for the lower walk...and fully incapable of the selflessness of the higher walk. That's the truth of it. It takes a mighty repentant attitude to break free of this.

God is holy...and it just so happens that the call to salvation by grace is in holiness. Will we separate the benefits of God from His holiness? Many will be rejected from the kingdom due to a lack of fear.

Remember when people complained about Paul being so hard sounding in his letters and yet was so meek in person.

For his letters, say they, are weighty and powerful; but his bodily presence is weak, and his speech contemptible. 2 Cor. 10:10

I'm not Paul, although I may be weak and contemptible in speech...but my message is heavy and is crucial to an acceptance by a holy God. So I warn people. :)

Peace

PS. The demands of the gospel are not my demands...they are God's. If people want to reject God's standards that's up to them. I'm easy with that. People are free to do as they wish. I will correct lies and half-truths as they are presented to be more than what they are.

It's inevitable that many who are termed believers today will be cut off from God. I'm not trying to change history...maybe save a few from a great and eternal disappointment.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I disagree. It seems, as it were, we listen to someone & engage, rather than allowing the truth of a calm, silent, peaceful mind.
Are you making a confession...I mean with all the disagreement you are bringing? ;)

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The inclusive socially engineered gospel WONT save one soul . IF you truly want to save folks from a great
and eternal dissappointment , THEN GET BUSY PREACHING THE GOSPEL of JESUS CHRIST
the one that is sure to say YE MUST BELIEVE ON HIM .

O'Darby

Feb 17, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have seen and by grace have i seen that it is the so called inclusive judge not lovey do generation
that sure seems to often be the most hostile towards certain truths in scripture .
They can appear very kind , very gentle , almost loving indeed unto all
but when or if scriptures of truth appear which exposes their doctrine , LOOK out , TEETH will be a coming .
I mean you go to and behold the churches themselves who have been under this inclusive diversity spell the longest .
You will see they appear very kind to certain beliefs , namely the belief that one does not have to necessarily believe on Christ
as they embrace other religions , and even certain sins .
But bring a bible in amongst that camp which exposes the lie and says YE MUST ABSOLUTELY believe on JESUS CHRIST
and thus exposes all other religoins as a lie
and bring in doctrine which exposes certain sins . THEY WONT BE HUGGING YOU as they do the muslim , the buddist
or the rainbow ..................THIS LOVE spell has led many right into the acceptance and love of a lie and of certain sins
and very hard hearted agianst the GOD who INSPIRED the bible which does expose the sins and lies of the peoples .
What I am talking about has nothing to do with what you in your own arrogance call "the inclusive judge not lovey do generation" or "this inclusive diversity spell."

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I would agree that Old Jerusalem as "Mystery Babylon" should serve as a warning example and admonition for how God judges religious corruption. The church today is not immune to the same level of corruption, for certain. But I think it is a mistake to carry the specific label of "Mystery Babylon" into times that followed the AD 70 destruction of Old Jerusalem. This confuses the past fulfillment of those terms under which Old Jerusalem / aka Mystery Babylon fell to its final destruction when it would be "found no more at all".

There is a certain cyclical pattern over the chronology of human history in which the world is still embroiled, with repeated episodes of increasing corruption, degradation, then destruction, then revitalization and renewed growth. Through all of these cycles, however, the children of faith who are in Christ continue to increase in their total numbers. Just like the leaven of the kingdom in the parable, this growth is slow, but inexorable, working toward the final stage of development of the bread dough to make the perfect loaf of bread.
No confusion at my end....I certainly affirm what Jerusalem had become and was judged for. But she is our example.......and what has been will be again, there is nothing new under the sun. We need to understand that mystery Babylon, the mystery of iniquity is a spirit at work. When one body is destroyed that it was operating through, it flees into another.........until when Jesus returns it will be dealt with permanently.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This statement is a bit simplistic, since it lumps all those of every variety of Preterism into one basket. There is as much variety in Preterism as there is in any denomination. Just as there is error found in every single denomination as well.

To accuse Preterism of teaching lies is too easy a slanderous accusation to make, without taking the time to mention which particular teaching is false. Yes, I have found mistaken beliefs in Preterism (even by those with degrees and who write a copious amount of books). But there is too much truth in Preterism that matches scripture content for me to throw out the baby with the bath water.
even the false inclusive social gospel is capable of have partial truths within it .
But deadly it is . Thus it must be exposed . Well even preterims too has some truths
but it too has very false doctrines . Thus it too must be exposed .
Even budda , muhammed and false eastern religoins can contain partail truiths
YET they too must be exposed as false .
The truth is there is no false person who at times cannot even speak partial truths . And yet we sure dont want to follow
such a person .
Even the very serpent used a truth to try and justify a lie .
YE SHALL NOT DIE said the serpent , LIE
Ye shall become as gods knowing good and evil , THAT DID HAPPEN as EVEN GOD said they have become as one of us
to know good and evil . THUS if anything be false , I DONT care if it does contain truths , IT MUST be exposed
Be encouraged my friend . This is not an attack but rather a reminder .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I am talking about has nothing to do with what you in your own arrogance call "the inclusive judge not lovey do generation" or "this inclusive diversity spell."
What YOU are talking about Does not , but what EPI is doing DOES .
The man is under heavy influence of the social inclusive gospel . HE IS . I never said you were .
Be encouraged my friend . We are living in deadly dangerous deceptive times as
this other love , this inclusive love that has come of the world , IS NOW being embraced by many
as they beleive its the LOVE OF GOD coming FROM GOD . This is not looking good at all my friend .

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No confusion at my end....I certainly affirm what Jerusalem had become and was judged for. But she is our example.......and what has been will be again, there is nothing new under the sun. We need to understand that mystery Babylon, the mystery of iniquity is a spirit at work. When one body is destroyed that it was operating through, it flees into another.........until when Jesus returns it will be dealt with permanently.
Amen. People come and go...but spirits persist. We seem all too eager to serve whatever spirit makes us feel important and validated. This is a test from God of our faithfulness....or lack thereof. Unfortunately very few will pass that test. Even after many tests....always learning but never going deep enough to see the truth.

What I seek to correct is not the spirit that has taken someone captive (spirits don't progress) but the inner person that has the power of a will that can change the situation. I do this by first appealing to the inner man. When that fails...due to the person's ignorance of his/her own reliance on the outer man ego defense mechanism... I then address the outer man ego part that has been joined to the spirit that has captured the person. When that fails, I ignore that person. Their judgment is certain.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"The LORD knows the thoughts of man, that they are vanity." Ps. 94:11
YES the LORD sure does know this . Epi , the social inclusive gospel , IT IS THE THOUGHTS OF MEN
it is VAIN and it wont save one single soul . TIME for the one true gospel of BELIEVE YE IN JESUS CHRIST
to be put FIRST and FOREMOST AGAIN as those who do so also instruct the believers TO DO HIS teachings .
Repeat . THE SOCIAL INCLUSIVE GOSPEL has been ENGINEERED by men of this world under guise of the dragon .
IT WILL MERGE THEM AS ONE , BUT ONLY UNTO THEIR OWN DESTRUCTION at its end .
The LORD GOD ALL MIGHTY , THE CHRIST , THE WORD OF GOD is gonna SMASH that tower flat on HIS DAY .
and all who bowed the knee to its diversity , inclusivity , its socially engineered love
WILL WAIL and wail loudly as they bang upon the door and the DOOR OPENS NOT .
THIS IS SERIOUS EPI and you yourself are in dire and grave danger . TIME to repent of it
and TIME to PUT THE TRUE GOSPEL FIRST AGAIN , while there still be time ......................................
while there still be time ........................................

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Peace
And so you have justified yourself before men.

And once again you make it sound as though we all have a disagreement with holiness and a holy walk....when that is not what we here are objecting to. It's those other things you believe that is the problem......which essentially means your higher walk talk is just the bait leading to a snare.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IT IS leading all right back to a unifed religoin that will be centered in JERSUALEM .
They are being led too and having all hope in THE WRONG JERUSALEM .
I notice THE JERUSALEM that paul and others spoke about . AND IT WAS NOT EARTHLY . THAT was NOT where their hope
ever was . IT WAS IN THE HEAVENLY JERUSALEM , not built by man , wherein john MADE sure to tell us
I SAW NO TEMPLE , FOR GOD AND THE LAMB ARE THE TEMPLE .
ITS all heading down hill sister and worse it was leaders who appeared with horns as a lamb
BUT THEY SPOKE AS A DRAGON sister . THIS is not looking good , nor is the end of it GONNA BODE well at all
for all who entered into its convenant in the name of world PEACE N SAFETY under the guise of it was love and of GOD .
I never seen a delusion like this sister that is captivating all religoins , secular and has come
from WITHIN the very realm that was SUPPOSED TO BE PREACHING THE GOSPEL OF TRUTH , OF CHRIST
and yet has been preaching a gospel for POWER AND CONTROL under guise of false love . The peoples
are as the blind and the blind cry unto the leaders and say LEAD US
and the leaders be the blind and no man can open or read the book .
Save us they cry but cry unto men of this world and not unto the ONLY GOD AND CHRIST that could have saved them .
GIVE US a GOD in our image they cry , away with this HOLY ONE spoken of in the bible .
AWAY with that JESUS , that GOD , that gospel . GIVE us a god who will let us do as we please
and yet save us . IT WONT BODE WELL SISTER for all who do such a thing .
JESUS , GOD , IS NO MINISTIR OF SIN . AND HIS LOVE will never HONOR SIN
or any other path or beleif to GOD . ITS TIME WE GET BACK to the bible , as YOU KNOW
and we keep on exhorting about THAT JESUS , that TRUTH , that gospel . cause many are not gonna make it
and no matter how many stones they add , peoples , into thier unholy diverse temple they believe reaches to heaven
ITS ALL COMING DOWN ON THE DAY OF THE LORD
Not Jerusalem, but in the church, and look and see what History shows and it clearly shows how it entered and from where.. Here is a good explanation...'
The book of Revelation portrays a great conflict between truth and error. It graphically describes two systems of worship in collision. Truth, opposed by error, triumphs.

A pure, chaste woman represents the true church, while a harlot represents the fallen church. The bride of Christ, the true church, radiates the glory of God, revealing His truth to the world. The apostate church, pictured as a harlot, offers her wine of false doctrines, confusing the mind and leading multitudes to destruction.

In this study we will notice especially the characteristics of this false system of worship so we can flee from it. At the same time we will discover the characteristics of true worship so we can embrace it.

1. How does God describe the true church? Revelation 12:1.

MY BIBLE SAYS: ". . . a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a garland of twelve stars."

In each of the following texts God describes His people as His bride: Isaiah 54:5,6; Hosea 2:19;11 Corinthians 11:2; Ephesians 5:22-26. The woman in white represents the bride of Christ.

2. What does the Lord call His church? 1 Timothy 3:15.

MY BIBLE SAYS: ". . . I write so that you may know how you ought to conduct yourself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth."

3. How is the false church pictured? Revelation 17:1 - 5.

MY BIBLE SAYS: "Come, I will show you . . . the great harlot . . . the inhabitants of the earth were made drunk with the wine of her fornication . . . And I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast which was full of names of blasphemy . . . The woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet . . . having in her hand a golden cup full of abominations . . . And on her forehead a name was written: MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH."

Wine affects the forebrain where conscience, reason, and judgment are situated. As such, it signifies the confusion of false doctrines. Psalm 116:13 speaks of the "cup of salvation." The wine cup of Babylon full of lies may be called the cup of death.
Revelation's Babylon represents a false religious system which carries over the principles of Old Testament Babylon into religious worship in the Christian era. An understanding of Old Testament Babylon enables us to positively identify New Testament Babylon and flee its errors.

4. Who is the author of all false doctrine? John 8:44.

MY BIBLE SAYS: "You are of your father the devil, . . . He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him . . . he is a liar and the father of it."

Satan, the father of lies, counterfeits truth. He attempts to deceive us. Through religious deceit he desires to capture the minds of thousands.

Characteristic # 1 —Rebellion

5. What is the origin of Old Testament Babylon? Genesis 11:5-9.

MY BIBLE SAYS: "But the Lord came down to see the city and the tower which the sons of men had built. And the Lord said, 'they all have one language, and this is what they begin to do; now nothing that they propose to do will be withheld from them. Come, let Us go down and there confuse their language.; So the Lord scattered them abroad . . . Therefore its name is called Babel, because there the Lord confused the language . . . and scattered them abroad . . ."

6. Was the Old Testament Babylon centered in God's way or man's way? Daniel 4:30.

MY BIBLE SAYS: "The king spoke, saying, `Is not this great Babylon, that I have built for a royal dwelling by my mighty power and for the honor of my majesty?"'

Old Testament Babylon was established in direct opposition to the plain commands of God. It was a human system of religion based on the traditions and authority of men rather than God. It was man-centered rather than God-centered.

Characteristic #2—Idolatry

7. How was Babylon's rebellion against the true God revealed? Ezekiel 6:4.

MY BIBLE SAYS: "Then your altars shall be desolate, your incense altars shall be broken, and I will cast down your slain men before your idols."

Dr. Alexander Hislop stated it clearly when he said, "Babylon is the prime source through which all idolatry flowed."

Modern Babylon is a system of religion which uses idols in its worship. Its statues, images and religious icons revive the idolatry of Ancient Babylon.

8. What clear, obvious command had God given His people? Exodus 20.4,5.

MY BIBLE SAYS: "You shall not make for yourself any carved image, . . . you shall not bow down to them nor serve them."

Characteristic #3-Immortality/ Ancestor Worship

9. What was the ancient Babylonian concept of death? In Ezekiel 8:14 who were the Jewish women weeping for?

MY BIBLE SAYS: "So He brought me to the door . . . and to my dismay, women were sitting there weeping for Tammuz."

Tammuz, the god of vegetation, was one of the many deities of Babylon. The Babylonians believed that in the hot weather with no rain, Tammuz died, but in the season of fertile crops, he was revived again. This is just a sample of the Babylonian thought pattern that the dead do not die but live on.

The concept of the immortal soul was at the heart of Babylonian worship. The thought that the soul leaves the body at death comes directly from paganism.

10. What does the Bible teach regarding death? Ecclesiastes 9:5; Psalm 115:17; Psalms 146:4.

MY BIBLE SAYS: "But the dead know nothing, . ." "The dead do not praise the Lord, . . . " "In that very day his plans perish.,"

Characteristic #4—Pagan Sun Worship

11. What Babylonian worship practice mingled with the worship of Israel for a time? Ezekiel 8:16.

MY BIBLE SAYS: "So He brought me into the inner court of the Lord's house; and there, . . . about twenty-five men . . . were worshiping the sun toward the east."

12. What sign had God given His people? Ezekiel 20:12,20.

MY BIBLE SAYS: "Moreover I also gave them My Sabbaths, to be a sign between them and Me, that they might know that I am the Lord who sanctifies them. . ." "Hallow My Sabbaths, and they will be a sign between Me and you, . . ."....

O'Darby

Feb 17, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What YOU are talking about Does not , but what EPI is doing DOES .
The man is under heavy influence of the social inclusive gospel . HE IS . I never said you were .
Be encouraged my friend . We are living in deadly dangerous deceptive times as
this other love , this inclusive love that has come of the world , IS NOW being embraced by many
as they beleive its the LOVE OF GOD coming FROM GOD . This is not looking good at all my friend .
OK, although I would not have interpreted @Episkopos' posts as being "under heavy influence of the social inclusive gospel" either. Almost the opposite, although he can clarify for himself. I do agree that the Christian message is being watered down to the point where it is scarcely recognizable. Jesus' own teachings had a strong social element, but it certainly wasn't a message that eliminated all concept of sin, repentance, judgment, etc. On the last forum I was on, one of the most popular characters (60,000 posts) insisted that Jesus' message was nothing but Pure Agape Love for everyone and everything and that anything about sin and judgment in the OT or NT was the product of "primitive, barbaric, carnal" thinking on the part of the biblical authors who couldn't accept Jesus' "real" message. Naturally, his brand of "Christianity" was more popular with the many atheists than with the other Christians!